Hey Eddie, why dont you grow the fuck up?

Comments

• blindmuleblindmule Posts: 138

I'm never ("ever ever ever" - T. Swift) surprised when hate comes out of a far-left liberal's mouth. They are fueled by it.

I'm pretty sure the Right has the solid lock on hate and intolerance... I would have a hard time naming more than a few liberal minded people I know that condone hatred, violence or bigotry - but most of the vitriol I encounter comes from people who consider themselves conservative.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,803
    edited May 2016

my2hands said:

Spags said:

That was a classic to be fair.

That wasn't classic at all...

I guess that is where we are at now in the world of politics & social issues... wish death upon those we disagree with...

Dont expect me to cheer that dumb shit
    It is the left's playbook. Suppress and eradicate any viewpoint they don't agree with.
    To be fair, the right does the same thing.

• TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    There's a huge gap between wishing someone's death and feeling like someone's death won't be a great loss for humanity. My 2 cents ;)
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,882
    blindmule said:

I'm never ("ever ever ever" - T. Swift) surprised when hate comes out of a far-left liberal's mouth. They are fueled by it.

I'm pretty sure the Right has the solid lock on hate and intolerance... I would have a hard time naming more than a few liberal minded people I know that condone hatred, violence or bigotry - but most of the vitriol I encounter comes from people who consider themselves conservative.
    yeah that confused me. I mean look at NC right now, making it ok to discriminate, no hate there at all :confounded: ... PJ cancelled the show there in a non-hateful way so...
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    This is not a left issue... This is not a right issue... This is a don't be an asshole issue
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,882
    my2hands said:

This is not a left issue... This is not a right issue... This is a don't be an asshole issue

+1000, don't care what side your'e on, that's become my philosophy in regard to politics
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• KP_McMinnKP_McMinn Posts: 748
    blindmule said:

+1
  • ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635

I think he mentioned (from what I read) that this guy was being a jackhole in front of his kids and he set the right example letting it slide.
    I don't think there is anything wrong with hoping a certain perspective fades with people who are older as they hit the dirt-nap.

Just my opinion, there is nothing wrong with you stating yours and I take nothing away from what you feel/express here.

Exactly. Being tolerant doesn't mean you can't have rage against what violates your own values, it means, like you said, that you don't actually silence or harm the folks you despise. Wanting someone to die, and as you said setting a good example by keeping it to yourself until you're among family and friends. is fine. I like be that he felt comfortable enough to speak from his heart. It was clearly spontaneous, and the tone was actually not venomous, it was cathartic and commiserating.

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

There's a huge gap between wishing someone's death and feeling like someone's death won't be a great loss for humanity. My 2 cents ;)

Good two cents!

And F Me, yeah :rock_on:
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    It seems like a lot of false outrage.

Maybe a little surprised and disappointed.... but I don't think we need to sharpen the pitchforks and light the torches.
  • jessebasijessebasi Posts: 149
    I think that it was maybe a little insensitive, but with what that guy was saying with his kids there, IMHO, I think that that guy deserves to live a shorter life than someone who accepts all and isn't a bigot in front of someone's young kids. But the delivery maybe wasn't great. This thread is a bit of an overreaction though.
    2016 - Toronto I (Binaural!), Toronto II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    blindmule said:

I think it goes both ways. You can see the liberals protesting at Trump rallys as an example. Screaming at and attacking people just for wearing Trump hats, etc. How is that not intolerance and hate? I'm not taking sides here though, because there's plenty of examples of the right extremists doing the same thing.
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    I guess I don't need to look to Twitter for fake outrage, today.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • StevieGStevieG Posts: 850
    Sarava said:

blindmule said:

I think it goes both ways. You can see the liberals protesting at Trump rallys as an example. Screaming at and attacking people just for wearing Trump hats, etc. How is that not intolerance and hate? I'm not taking sides here though, because there's plenty of examples of the right extremists doing the same thing.
    Crass lyrics:

"Boring fucking politics that'll get us all shot. Left wing Right wing you can stuff the lot"

Pretty much sums it up
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845

This is ludicrous. A true liberal is in no way fuled by hate.
    With someone they disagree with they are.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845

my2hands said:

Spags said:

I guess that is where we are at now in the world of politics & social issues... wish death upon those we disagree with...

It is the left's playbook. Suppress and eradicate any viewpoint they don't agree with.
    To be fair, the right does the same thing.

Yep. No excuse for either.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,188
    edited May 2016
    Big deal.

Is this a joke thread?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    The worst part about that diatribe is that it robbed us of a Save It For Later! I wish he just said "die people I don't like" and then went straight into "Don't Run Away!".
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152

This is ludicrous. A true liberal is in no way fuled by hate.
    With someone they disagree with they are.
    Im far left. I can have an open dialogue with someone and understand that we will disagree, without hating them. This conversation is one example lol.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810

Shut up and sing!!!!! :rofl:

:rofl::rofl:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    MayDay10 said:

Maybe a little surprised and disappointed.... but I don't think we need to sharpen the pitchforks and light the torches.

No torches are lit, no pitchforks in hand... just calling him out for being an asshole

This is not the first time he has done this... Bristow 2010 he literally told audience members if they were lobbyists they should go kill themselves... seriously?

I think it's no better than the people he disagrees with
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    I thought it was a bit tragic. Even a self-professed pacifist saw "death to bigots" as a more viable solution than "death to bigotry". I think our society needs to do some major teaching/learning on the plausibility of condemning discriminatory acts/words to the end of changing their utterers - rather than condemning their utterers. Hate begets more hate, and we don't get anywhere.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • jessebasijessebasi Posts: 149
    benjs said:

I thought it was a bit tragic. Even a self-professed pacifist saw "death to bigots" as a more viable solution than "death to bigotry". I think our society needs to do some major teaching/learning on the plausibility of condemning discriminatory acts/words to the end of changing their utterers - rather than condemning their utterers. Hate begets more hate, and we don't get anywhere.

Very true.
    2016 - Toronto I (Binaural!), Toronto II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • my2hands said:

MayDay10 said:

No torches are lit, no pitchforks in hand... just calling him out for being an asshole

This is not the first time he has done this... Bristow 2010 he literally told audience members if they were lobbyists they should go kill themselves... seriously?

I think it's no better than the people he disagrees with
    He went on to amend his comments in Bristow after realizing how it sounded. I mean, lobbyists are the scum of the earth which make them easy targets. I think it was just his way to encourage them finding a new line of work is all.
    edited May 2016

That's not what I'm saying at all... have no problem with the usual banter... I'm pretty sure I align with eddie on a lot of issues...

I was listening with a buddy when I heard it... didn't say anything, we were having a good time so why distract from that... but it bothered me and I thought it was hateful, hypocritical, distasteful, and ignorant

Flame me if you wish, but I stand by my feelings on this

Grow up Ed
  • my2hands said:

Spags said:

this is one of the most idiotic things I've ever read on here. and that says a LOT.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• my2hands said:

That's not what I'm saying at all... have no problem with the usual banter... I'm pretty sure I align with eddie on a lot of issues...

I was listening with a buddy when I heard it... didn't say anything, we were having a good time so why distract from that... but it bothered me and I thought it was hateful, hypocritical, distasteful, and ignorant

Grow up Ed
    it certainly doesn't fall in line with the "kid friendly" vibe they are being accused of having at shows now.

"die fat guy! oh hey, kid, want a tambourine?"

www.headstonesband.com

• my2hands said:

Grow up Ed
    it certainly doesn't fall in line with the "kid friendly" vibe they are being accused of having at shows now.

To be fair... it was 'die fat guy with a bad attitude'. It wasn't like he was saying 'die fat guy who's taking too long in the Tim Horton's line'.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • my2hands said:

Grow up Ed

To be fair... it was 'die fat guy with a bad attitude'. It wasn't like he was saying 'die fat guy who's taking too long in the Tim Horton's line'.
    I know.

I will preface this by saying I obviously don't know Ed personally, but I think sometimes his emotions get the best of him. He has faults like we all do. Sometimes his message comes out harsh when he honestly wouldn't legitimately wish death upon another. I think he just gets frustrated that these antiquated ideas are still alive in the present.

www.headstonesband.com

• Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,551

This
This discussion has been closed.