No Code/ Yield Box Set?

2»

Comments

• ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    edited May 2016
    BALLBOY said:

Sadly no box sets & maybe that has to do with there was not many extra songs/b sides in this period. I can't think of anything on No Code & only Leatherman on Yield. Binaural will be a different story when it is released

All Night, Dead Man, Don't Gimme No Lip, U, Black Red Yellow, & a few others I believe.
    Post edited by ceska on
  • PJfanOKPJfanOK Posts: 118
    The best part of the previous 2 deluxe box sets were the live show extra LPs. That made it worth the price to me being the companion of the albums they represented. Drop in the Park and Orpheum are pretty sweet to get the live aspect of the band at those stages in their career. Definitely would've spent the $150 for a box of No Code/Yield, even though I already have Yield and those 2 albums are low on my list of PJ albums.
    4-3-03 OKC
    11-15-13 Dallas
    11-16-13 OKC
    10-3-14 St. Louis
    10-8-14 Tulsa
    10-9-14 Lincoln
    4-16-16 Greenville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    4-21-16 Columbia
    8-20-16 Wrigley 1
    8-18-18 Wrigley 1
    8-20-18 Wrigley 2
    9-16-22 Nashville
    9-18-22 St.Louis
    9-20-22 OKC
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    I also liked how the ten box set included unplugged on dvd. I think a dvd of a classic performance really hurt the vs/vitalogy set. They never released home videos until SVT, and no live videos until the touring band video. Including a live show on dvd (and bluray if possible) in each boxset would of been awesome.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,803
    Eh. I don't think it was the lack of the DVD. The ten box was essentially 4 releases.
    - the remaster
    - the remix album plus bonus cuts
    - unplugged
    - Drop in the Park

It's pretty extensive. Vs/Vit was those albums remastered with bonus tracks and a live show. Ten had essentially 3 new things and the vs/vit box only had one.
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Posts: 2,762
    pdalowsky said:

seems most unlikely and a bit of a shame for me.....was looking forward to the next super deluxe set

Same. From time to time I will go through all the little nick-knacks while I listen to the albums. I love the artifactor aspect of these box sets so I am a bit disappointed there won't be one for this box. Also. The first 3 albums were always readily available on vinyl compared to No Code and Yield, so naturally not as many people would be going after these albums. I think you'll see way more unit sales for No Code and Yield than you did for the Vs. and Vitalogy re-issues.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 736

RP112579 said:

Someone posted a day or two ago that they got a response from 10c after emailing them asking about the box set. 10c said no box set for these.

Yep, this was already answered direct from 10c. No box sets.
    Nooooo! So sad!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."