*** Ottawa, ON Fanviews Here 5/8/16 ***

124»

Comments

• Too bad they didnt do Indifference. And if I recall correctly some of the guys were getting ready for it but called it off last minute and went off

Ya, Mike was putting on another guitar and was about to walk out and he quickly turned around and passed the guitar back.
    We almost had one more song.
    Great concert though.
  • ajflickerajflicker Canada Posts: 166

Too bad they didnt do Indifference. And if I recall correctly some of the guys were getting ready for it but called it off last minute and went off

Ya, Mike was putting on another guitar and was about to walk out and he quickly turned around and passed the guitar back.
    Great concert though.
    That would have been sweet to hear that tune to close the show.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,621
    ajflicker said:

Too bad they didnt do Indifference. And if I recall correctly some of the guys were getting ready for it but called it off last minute and went off

Great concert though.
    That would have been sweet to hear that tune to close the show.
    I actually thought that was a monster version of Fuckin' Up and a perfect way to end it. I love Indifference, but I'm glad the show ended the way it did.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• pearljamnewfpearljamnewf Posts: 204
    Alright, I'm settled back into post PJ life again. It'd be 5 years since last show! Ugh. But Ottawa good for you, I thought the crowd was great and a nice surprise. It was show 19 for me and I kinda settled into a groove to start the show until Corduroy really really kicked ass and went to the next level. They ended the opening set with a great energy. Jeff Killed Jeremy. The band sounded great and EV was fuckin amazing. The new video screens add an excellent element to the experience. Good on ya PJ.

Love Reign O' me intro from Boom was memorizing and put me into a trance, that song was probably my biggest memory. Betterman was great with lots of crowd volume.
  • rjm240rjm240 Saskatoon, SK, Canada Posts: 18

Amazing show!!! Was standing at the rail on Stone's side and at the end of Porch, Mike came over to our side got down on a lower riser(?) and played the last bit of the song in front of us. I reached out to try to get a high five but he instead pointed his guitar in my direction and I was able to strum the strings before he left.... My new claim to fame!!!

Played two songs that have been rattling around my head this week (Faithfull and Given to Fly... well they would have played GTF anyway). Finally heard Jeremy live and that's where I blew out my voice. Still on a PJ high and too wired for sleep right now. Will try to get a couple of pics up later.

Thanks Ten Club for awesome GA tickets!!!

I think I was right beside you, to your left. That was so awesome, my hand was shaking for awhile after that!
  • PearlJamVSPearlJamVS Eastern Ontario Posts: 62
    rjm240 said:

Amazing show!!! Was standing at the rail on Stone's side and at the end of Porch, Mike came over to our side got down on a lower riser(?) and played the last bit of the song in front of us. I reached out to try to get a high five but he instead pointed his guitar in my direction and I was able to strum the strings before he left.... My new claim to fame!!!

Played two songs that have been rattling around my head this week (Faithfull and Given to Fly... well they would have played GTF anyway). Finally heard Jeremy live and that's where I blew out my voice. Still on a PJ high and too wired for sleep right now. Will try to get a couple of pics up later.

Thanks Ten Club for awesome GA tickets!!!

I think I was right beside you, to your left. That was so awesome, my hand was shaking for awhile after that!

Yeah that was me... I think we high-fived each other after we both touched Mike's guitar. Still can't believe that it's been over a week since the show. Seems like yesterday.

Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight,
    I am fuel, you are friends, we got the means to make amends
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side
    I am right by your side.

Ottawa 2011
    London 2013
    Ottawa 2016
    Boston 1 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Bogey ManBogey Man Newfoundland Posts: 118

I thought it was awful, and he was sitting right next to me, unfortunately. Glad that Eddie stopped talking to him rather quickly. He left so many times during the show that he might as well not have been there at all.

The dude was in my row too, I was mortified that someone would think it was me. You're right, they were back and forth all night.
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec 5/05/2016
    Ottawa 5/08/2016
  • PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Bogey Man said:

I thought it was awful, and he was sitting right next to me, unfortunately. Glad that Eddie stopped talking to him rather quickly. He left so many times during the show that he might as well not have been there at all.

The dude was in my row too, I was mortified that someone would think it was me. You're right, they were back and forth all night.
    Nevertheless, I sure didn't let that ruin the show for me. I loved every moment of it, and was so happy to be there!! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Bogey ManBogey Man Newfoundland Posts: 118
    Nevertheless, I sure didn't let that ruin the show for me. I loved every moment of it, and was so happy to be there!! :)

Agreed! It was a great night.
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec 5/05/2016
    Ottawa 5/08/2016
  • Bogey Man said:

Agreed! It was a great night.

It was a great show.
    But that idiot sure knew when to be heard taking valuable minutes off the night that the rest of us were there for.
    Stop shouting "I love you Eddie", it truly is pathetic.
  • bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,989
    wasn't come back played?
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 772
    No it wasn't
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • droogydroogy Posts: 5
    a5pj said:

Awesome show, Mike was on fire as usual!

This!

Listening to the show now Mike to it to the next level in Ottawa. Saw them in Toronto and Chicago but he was at his best this night I believe. Corduroy lead ins and solos were stellar.

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,054
  • Boot was on PJ radio this AM as I drove into work.  
    Man this was a great show!
  • bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,989
    5 years ago today...
    Loved the Lightning Bolt opener!