New generations kids names

13»

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419
    the Le-a one is an urban legend. google it.

as for Declan - how about that Declan McManus aka Elvis Costello
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,120
    pjhawks said:

the Le-a one is an urban legend. google it.

as for Declan - how about that Declan McManus aka Elvis Costello

I trust that my mom isn't lying to me. I'll be sure to ask other teachers at her former school for verification.
  • jlj_swejlj_swe Posts: 175
    In Sweden the names Liam and Noel has been trending for some years now.

Thanks a lot, Oasis.
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

https://artbyjoachim.wordpress.com/
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    edited May 2016
    We had a Kaiser come in the office yesterday. All I kept thinking was he doesn't look like a roll!
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    Sprunkn7 said:

We had a Kaiser come in the office yesterday. Al I kept thinking was he doesn't look like a roll!

Did he at least have nice buns?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Ryne Sandberg is a quitter
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

I've killed for less
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:

Sprunkn7 said:

We had a Kaiser come in the office yesterday. Al I kept thinking was he doesn't look like a roll!

Did he at least have nice buns?
    Different spelling, same pronunciation - I was thinking this fella.

I've killed for less
    He didn't quit on the Phillies as manager?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

I've killed for less
    You could say that. But it was alot more than him resigning. His GM didn't help him at all. I wouldn't have worked for that organization in the direction they were headed and went.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419

I've killed for less
    You could say that. But it was alot more than him resigning. His GM didn't help him at all. I wouldn't have worked for that organization in the direction they were headed and went.
    the Phils were the only team to give him a chance at major league managing and he walked away from it and blind sided the franchise with the timing of it. no one in the organization expected him to resign like that. it came off very poorly at the time. oh and just a little over a year later they have a winning record (not that i think that will continue all season).
    #Quitter
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• dankinddankind Posts: 20,834

#Quitter

How do you pronounce that one?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    pjhawks said:

I've killed for less
    the Phils were the only team to give him a chance at major league managing and he walked away from it and blind sided the franchise with the timing of it. no one in the organization expected him to resign like that. it came off very poorly at the time. oh and just a little over a year later they have a winning record (not that i think that will continue all season).
    Lol. The phillies are awful. They will continue to lose
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    The old school names are a bit outdated. Just like when most of us were born, things like Ethel, Fred, Edna, Ferdinand, George were outdated. Now you see almost nobody getting names Jason, Joe, Mike, Brian, Matt, etc. People try to make their kid a bit more unique which is fine by me. Sometimes it has a different effect though. At my kids' toddler soccer class, there were like 5 Owens and 5 Masons and a few Graysons. If my son were female, he would have been named Charlotte. Its a good thing because that name launched in popularity since then, including a royal which makes it worse.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427

Ryne sandberg is the best second baseman ever. Fuck joe Morgan, fuck Jeff kent.

Fuck Robbie Alomar, too.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    when my youngest started school there was a boy named SLASH in her class,.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    MayDay10 said:

The old school names are a bit outdated. Just like when most of us were born, things like Ethel, Fred, Edna, Ferdinand, George were outdated. Now you see almost nobody getting names Jason, Joe, Mike, Brian, Matt, etc. People try to make their kid a bit more unique which is fine by me. Sometimes it has a different effect though. At my kids' toddler soccer class, there were like 5 Owens and 5 Masons and a few Graysons. If my son were female, he would have been named Charlotte. Its a good thing because that name launched in popularity since then, including a royal which makes it worse.

my dad says if my brother had been a girl he'd've been named charlotte. his name is William. what's your boy's name?

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    StevieG said:

There are some silly names being used now. I prefer normal names, just my opinion. My sister in law almost named her son Decklin, what the fuck is a Decklin??? She used it as his middle name instead

Declan is an irish name. you S-I-L just changed the spelling...which can be just as annoying.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say