Too many Cayden's and Hayden's and not enough Robs
I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015

Comments

• DesirePJDesirePJ Posts: 94
    Think there is too many funny kids name out there ... I like names from Norse mythology
    Roskilde 1992
    Roskilde 2000
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    I cringe in the fact that one day we will have a President Brayden. I swear I know at least two dozen people with a son named Brayden.

I also loathe the last-name-as-a-first-name trend. Too many Carters, Parkers, & Walkers running around.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

I cringe in the fact that one day we will have a President Brayden. I swear I know at least two dozen people with a son named Brayden.

I also loathe the last-name-as-a-first-name trend. Too many Carters, Parkers, & Walkers running around.

Goddammit if this didn't make me laugh out loud.

I'm also not a fan of re-spelling regular names.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

So true. Filling out my baseball line ups stinks. I think there's one Mike in the whole league. At least 6 Caydens and quite a few Brayden's
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    hedonist said:

I'm also not a fan of re-spelling regular names.

Like Jorja or Jyoti? :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,627
    Personally, I'm not at all fan of cute and /or trendy names but what seems even more odd to me are purposely misspelled names. I also feel badly for kinds with names like Adolph, Mao, Idi, Vladimir, or Saddam. Yes, it does happen!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I went looking for things with people's names on them for a silly gift...all standard names, nope couldn't find them among the Nevaehs, Bentleys and Madisons.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    brianlux said:

Personally, I'm not at all fan of cute and /or trendy names but what seems even more odd to me are purposely misspelled names. I also feel badly for kinds with names like Adolph, Mao, Idi, Vladimir, or Saddam. Yes, it does happen!

I still think Mao would be a great name for a cat.
    ELITIST FUK
    Names of customer contacts from work:

La-a... Pronounced "Ladasha"
    Leclii... "Leslie"
    Yacuw... "Jacob"
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    People name their pets oddly too

Majia=Maya
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664
    I live in area where no one names their kids John or Mary anymore.

They tend to name them after indiginous tribes, trees, or the town where they were conceived.

In fact if you go to the local dog park, which is near a bunch of soccer fields, and yell "Dakota" or "Aspen" 3 boys, 2 girls, and 4 dogs will come running.
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    I know a Legend.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,656

I live in area where no one names their kids John or Mary anymore.

They tend to name them after where they were conceived.

Oh, now I know why my folks named me "Drive-in Movie Smith"
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I go to the waiting room to call a patient.....at least 3 times a week I get the parent saying "oh thats his/her legal name but we call him/her _____" Most of the time it's a middle name and something whack.

When I first read the post I thought of Pretty in Pink....Blane, that not a name, thats an appliance! LOL....

I do however see Jack coming back pretty strong.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,896
    Malissa :wink:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    My sister named her daughter QUINN, I thought it was an odd name but now that she's 8 months old and growing.......it fits her just right.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    edited May 2016
    I have a niece named Kari. Her given name is Katharine Ann. Why is she called Kari? They took her initials, KAR, and added an "i." Her sister is A.J. Always called A.J. She is Alison Josephine.

Chilee-> Kylee
    Vagina-> Va-geena
    Lemonjello-> Lee-mon-gel-o
    Orangejello-> Or-ang-ello
    ----- They are twins. Mama had cravings of lemon jello and orange jello her whole pregnancy.
    Sir
    Placenta Previa- I can't recall the pronunciation they used. It wasn't the standard dictionary version. Apparently this is what she had when she had her baby. :i_dunno:
    Holly Wood
    Summer Camp

Yes, those are some honest-to-goodness names of some children in a local school district here.
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419
    deadendp said:

I have a niece named Kari. Her given name is Katharine Ann. Why is she called Kari? They took her initials, KAR, and added an "i." Her sister is A.J. Always called A.J. She is Alison Josephine.

Chilee-> Kylee
    Vagina-> Va-geena
    ----- They are twins. Mama had cravings of lemon jello and orange jello her whole pregnancy.
    Sir
    Placenta Previa- I can't recall the pronunciation they used. It wasn't the standard dictionary version. Apparently this is what she had when she had her baby. :i_dunno:
    Holly Wood
    Summer Camp

Yes, those are some honest-to-goodness names of some children in a local school district here.

Lemongello and Orangejello were names in a novel about football which I can't recall the name of but I read back in the 1990s. In the book they were twins that played football at TCU.

Agree with the one above about people naming their children one thing but calling them something else. I see it all the time. wtf is that? just give them a name and use it already.
    Va-geena =)

My mom calls me Pepe, which is nowhere near my real name - just a nickname.

Holly Wood sounds like a stripper name. I feel for some of these kids.
    My friends named their two sons John and Abraham. I hugged them for giving them normal names.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    This a list of first names of Canadian bantam hockey players ... please refrain from punching your monitor ...

AHHHHH!!!
    Jerzy :rofl:
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Posts: 2,144
    g under p said:

My sister named her daughter QUINN, I thought it was an odd name but now that she's 8 months old and growing.......it fits her just right.

Peace

My 14 year old daughter is named Quinn.
    They may not be new generation names, but someone on our street names their kids Ocean, Forrest and Meadow.

• deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    pjhawks said:

deadendp said:

Chilee-> Kylee
    Vagina-> Va-geena
    Sir
    Holly Wood
    Summer Camp

Lemongello and Orangejello were names in a novel about football which I can't recall the name of but I read back in the 1990s. In the book they were twins that played football at TCU.

Agree with the one above about people naming their children one thing but calling them something else. I see it all the time. wtf is that? just give them a name and use it already.
    An interesting bit of information. That was the story I was told by their teacher. You teach me things. I thank you.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    edited January 2018
    Post edited by shortstack on
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Tyrus.

I don't like that name.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Jason P said:

This a list of first names of Canadian bantam hockey players ... please refrain from punching your monitor ...

AHHHHH!!!

Those are all real? (My brother named his son Jackson 10 years ago and there weren't many Jacksons around at all and now they're everywhere.)
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    More Scott and Rob's please
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,656

i know someone who named their son Ace.

You know Mrs. Frehley? Cool.
    This weekend we rock Portland