New generations kids names

Comments

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    My nickname was ace a long time ago.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Enkidu said:

Those are all real? (My brother named his son Jackson 10 years ago and there weren't many Jacksons around at all and now they're everywhere.)

Jaxon is popular too...

i know someone who named their son Ace.

One of the local drummers here has a kid named Ace.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

I'm sure it's changed
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015

I'm sure it's changed
    This place is too PC
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834

Because you were a world class stroker?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    dankind said:

:rofl:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    pjhawks said:

deadendp said:

I have a niece named Kari. Her given name is Katharine Ann. Why is she called Kari? They took her initials, KAR, and added an "i." Her sister is A.J. Always called A.J. She is Alison Josephine.

Chilee-> Kylee
    Vagina-> Va-geena
    Lemonjello-> Lee-mon-gel-o
    Orangejello-> Or-ang-ello
    ----- They are twins. Mama had cravings of lemon jello and orange jello her whole pregnancy.
    Sir
    Placenta Previa- I can't recall the pronunciation they used. It wasn't the standard dictionary version. Apparently this is what she had when she had her baby. :i_dunno:
    Holly Wood
    Summer Camp

Yes, those are some honest-to-goodness names of some children in a local school district here.

Lemongello and Orangejello were names in a novel about football which I can't recall the name of but I read back in the 1990s. In the book they were twins that played football at TCU.
    Never heard of the novel but interesting since I live in Fort Worth, home of TCU. When I was a caseworker many years ago, there was a client whose twins were named Lemonjello and Orangejello.

Also a set of twins named Alpha and Omega. Another mom named her children Mercedes, Porsche, Seville, and Lexus.

Several months ago one of my co-workers was complaining because her brother had named his child Woods. Right after that, there was an Amber Alert for a local child named Twinkle Twinkie Twilight. I am not making that up; google it. After that, my co-worker decided she could handle having a nephew named Woods.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419

pjhawks said:

deadendp said:

I have a niece named Kari. Her given name is Katharine Ann. Why is she called Kari? They took her initials, KAR, and added an "i." Her sister is A.J. Always called A.J. She is Alison Josephine.

Chilee-> Kylee
    Vagina-> Va-geena
    Lemonjello-> Lee-mon-gel-o
    Orangejello-> Or-ang-ello
    ----- They are twins. Mama had cravings of lemon jello and orange jello her whole pregnancy.
    Sir
    Placenta Previa- I can't recall the pronunciation they used. It wasn't the standard dictionary version. Apparently this is what she had when she had her baby. :i_dunno:
    Holly Wood
    Summer Camp

Yes, those are some honest-to-goodness names of some children in a local school district here.

Lemongello and Orangejello were names in a novel about football which I can't recall the name of but I read back in the 1990s. In the book they were twins that played football at TCU.
    Never heard of the novel but interesting since I live in Fort Worth, home of TCU. When I was a caseworker many years ago, there was a client whose twins were named Lemonjello and Orangejello.

Also a set of twins named Alpha and Omega. Another mom named her children Mercedes, Porsche, Seville, and Lexus.

Several months ago one of my co-workers was complaining because her brother had named his child Woods. Right after that, there was an Amber Alert for a local child named Twinkle Twinkie Twilight. I am not making that up; google it. After that, my co-worker decided she could handle having a nephew named Woods.
    it's a Dan Jenkins novel. I believe it is "You Gotta Play Hurt". it's pretty basic reading but kind of a funny book if i recall.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    RKCNDY said:
    My god, what is wrong with some parents.

It'd make a great stripper name though =)
    hedonist said:

RKCNDY said:
    My god, what is wrong with some parents.

It'd make a great stripper name though =)
    We all hoped the mom would lose parental rights and the little girl could be adopted by someone who'd give her a new name.
    pjhawks said:

it's a Dan Jenkins novel. I believe it is "You Gotta Play Hurt". it's pretty basic reading but kind of a funny book if i recall.

That makes sense. He's a Fort Worth boy. Yeah, he has a good sense of humor
    dankind said:

I don't get it.

dankind said:

I don't get it.
    I bet you say that a lot.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • StevieGStevieG Posts: 850
    There are some silly names being used now. I prefer normal names, just my opinion. My sister in law almost named her son Decklin, what the fuck is a Decklin??? She used it as his middle name instead
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,120
    My mom was a public school teacher and the year before she retired (2012) there was a girl named Le-a in one of her classes. She said that when she did roll call she pronounced it like Leah (as one would assume). No kid answered her and after about 15 seconds she heard a tooth suck, heavy sigh, and "ain't no Leah here, it's pronounced Luhdashah." Mom said she instantly cringed and knew after 20+ years of teaching that it was time to retire.

My wife went to school with a set of twins named Male' (pronounced like mall) and Fe'male (fuhmalay). Apparently when the hospital staff put the bracelets on the kids they had Male and Female and the mother thought the doctor had named her kids for her.
    dankind said:

dankind said:

I don't get it.
    No, I don't. I'm pretty quick. What are you referring to?
    StevieG said:

There are some silly names being used now. I prefer normal names, just my opinion. My sister in law almost named her son Decklin, what the fuck is a Decklin??? She used it as his middle name instead

Stop decklin around and get back to work!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,896

dankind said:

dankind said:

I don't get it.
    crystal says you're pretty quick.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

dankind said:

dankind said:

I don't get it.
    Yea, that's how it goes sometimes
    edited May 2016

Wobbie said:

dankind said:

dankind said:

I don't get it.
    Yea, that's how it goes sometimes
    Especially when you don't get it a lot.

Maybe you should change your user name to Twopumpfk.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I wonder if they would let me change my screenname.
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,515
    For both my kids I suggested the name Fallopian. My wife vetoed.
    Its up for grabs.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.

My mom was a public school teacher and the year before she retired (2012) there was a girl named Le-a in one of her classes. She said that when she did roll call she pronounced it like Leah (as one would assume). No kid answered her and after about 15 seconds she heard a tooth suck, heavy sigh, and "ain't no Leah here, it's pronounced Luhdashah." Mom said she instantly cringed and knew after 20+ years of teaching that it was time to retire.

My wife went to school with a set of twins named Male' (pronounced like mall) and Fe'male (fuhmalay). Apparently when the hospital staff put the bracelets on the kids they had Male and Female and the mother thought the doctor had named her kids for her.

This is just as bad as when pet owners name their dog 'Dee Oh Gee'

- Christopher McCandless
  • EarlWelshEarlWelsh Posts: 1,118
    edited May 2016
    My brother used to work for Buffalo Public Schools. He came across the name Princess Mantooth. First name: Princess. Last name: Mantooth. Poor girl.

He's also seen La-a, pronounced la-dash-ah.
    I have 2 older girls. When my wife was pregnant with my son, I tried for 9 months to get her to let me name him ryne (after ryne sandberg). His name is tyler. I called him ryne for the first 3 or 4 years of his life. So much so, that he introduced himself as ryne to his preschool friends.

I have 2 older girls. When my wife was pregnant with my son, I tried for 9 months to get her to let me name him ryne (after ryne sandberg). His name is tyler. I called him ryne for the first 3 or 4 years of his life. So much so, that he introduced himself as ryne to his preschool friends.

A therapist may thank you for that in a few years :whistle:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,896

ryne who?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Ryne sandberg is the best second baseman ever. Fuck joe Morgan, fuck Jeff kent.
    Fuck Joe Morgan, indeed.
    I SAW PEARL JAM