Options

*** New York, NY Fanviews Here 5/2/16 ***

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    on2legs said:

My wife and I drove in from NJ and headed right to the box office to get her tickets after parking. She let her 190xxx membership lapse years ago and only rejoined this year so we weren't expecting anything too close. We were just happy to be in the building. Needless to say, we were blown away when she got her tickets and saw they were front row center floor seats directly behind GA. We were smiling ear to ear.

We found our seats and had a blast being so close. It was cool to have the rail to lean on and I was hoping Mike might pass in front of us during Alive like I saw him do from the 200 level the night before. The crowd in our section was extremely energetic and nobody was acting like an idiot. I thought the band and the crowd were on fire. After seeing the two Philly shows and the first MSG show, I wouldn't have minded them mixing it up a little more but I was glad my wife got to hear many of her favorites.

The night went from great to amazing during Porch. We watched Ed make his way off the stage and I assumed he was going to wade into the GA crowd up front like he usually does to finish the song. But he kept walking and ended up making the turn into the walkway that separated GA from the floor seats. People were slapping hands with him as he walked by and me and my wife were leaning forward ready to take our turn. I got confused when he stopped right in front of us and I wasn't sure what was going on. But then Ed proceeded to climb up the rail directly in front of us. We were holding his arms as he climbed onto the rail and then one of the security guys from the band told us to hold his legs as he stepped onto the top of the rail. Ed belted out the rest of the song standing over us as we braced his legs. I was little concerned he was going to fall at one point. And then he hopped off and headed back to the stage to finish it up. It all happened so fast that it didn't seem real. I never expected him to make his way halfway out across the floor and never in a million years did we expect Ed to end up singing in front of our faces. Amazing. We even got Mike walking right in front of us later during his Alive solo too. :smiley: Still riding the high from the show and so thankful to the ten club for hooking us up with great seats.

how awesome is that man!!congrats!!happy for u!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889

Really truly shits me people are complaining bout the setlist, have you've become that much of a setlist snob where you have to dissect every show? Maybe don't go anymore and let someone else who doesn't give a shit bout seeing evenflow for the 20th or alive for the 15th time. Better yet you can take a break and get food and merch and piss during a song like black or porch or Jeremy. You got 10 repeats out of 64 songs and you got the guitar player and bass player from cheap trick playing no surrender and then you just randomly get Sting doing driven to tears with the band, are you fucking kidding me, wow that's awesome. I am truly so so glad I separated myself from this fanbase. With that being said it's time for me to go back to in hiding.

Christ some of you act like we are making fun of your first born. Relax, It s a show. Some people thought last night was the best thing since sliced bread and others didn't like the repeats/set list. It s all good because opinions are like you know what.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    1rogeraspain21rogeraspain2 Posts: 104
    vitodacat said:

"Give it to the kid ya fuck"

vitodacat said:

Lol! I liked that too. "..., Ya fuck!"
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,184
    Great show!! No it wasn't "epic" but a damn solid show. The band really looked like they were having a good time and feeding off the crowd. Eddie went into the front twice to share the mic, around between the GA and seated floor (watching the GA crowd follow him like bees from my seats up top was funny), Mike around through the same area too. Mike tossed his shirt at the end!! I've seen some great setlists but band ENERGY makes a different. They can plow through a mixed setlist, which I love, but when they're not feeling the crowd it makes a distinctive difference.

4 shows in 5 days from 5 guys in/near their 50s is damn impressive. Yes Eddie's voice is going to give out. The other option is to not play as many. Count your blessings they still tour decently heavy schedules.

Shout out to Section 227 - they were killing it! The whole arena was standing! I don't think that's been the case for most shows I go to.

Why no mention of Eddie thanking the securities guards? "We're not Billy Joel, we're just a bunch of punks compared to him and security has treated us so nice" - something to that extent. Also a portion of the GA pit linked arms and swayed to YLB, which was cool to see from up above.

If you're bored by the setlist don't go to as many shows. Then you'll be more thankful. I did 3 in a row in '06 and noticed myself getting a bit bored (and that was a GREAT tour) so now I try to do only 2 per tour, or space them out.

DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

on2legs said:

We watched Ed make his way off the stage and I assumed he was going to wade into the GA crowd up front like he usually does to finish the song. But he kept walking and ended up making the turn into the walkway that separated GA from the floor seats. People were slapping hands with him as he walked by and me and my wife were leaning forward ready to take our turn. I got confused when he stopped right in front of us and I wasn't sure what was going on. But then Ed proceeded to climb up the rail directly in front of us. We were holding his arms as he climbed onto the rail and then one of the security guys from the band told us to hold his legs as he stepped onto the top of the rail. Ed belted out the rest of the song standing over us as we braced his legs. I was little concerned he was going to fall at one point. And then he hopped off and headed back to the stage to finish it up. It all happened so fast that it didn't seem real.

That's Awesome!

So glad you got that experience!!
    I don't know if I could be responsible for holding Ed's legs. That's a lot to ask. Hahaha
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 466
    edited May 2016
    Finished my 5 show run for this tour and I think my 40th overall somewhere in there. I don't care what this band plays, I always walk out of a show happy ( and exhausted) The way this band interacts with the crowd is second to none. Ed hitting the rail between GA and the floor seats, handing the mic to people on the rail now as well. Mike just absolutely going frickin crazy every single night. A Pearl Jam show is just my happy place, always will be, always leave there satisfied ( like the risotto ( seinfeld reference in case you didn't know)).

There's no better feeling for me as a fan as knowing someone who went Sunday night for the first time texting me Monday morning saying " what have I been missing the last 25 years", and then goes and proceeds to go back last night.

See ya'll at Fenway
    Post edited by vitodacat on

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    MayDay10 said:

vitodacat said:

Looking forward to the boot
    but you wont be able to see ed give him the finger too.. the look on his face was priceless

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    edited May 2016
    nycrats said:

MayDay10 said:

vitodacat said:

but you wont be able to see ed give him the finger too.. the look on his face was priceless

Me often thinks all the kids at shows now are really just "tambourine bait" laid out by diabolical parents.
  • Options
    vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 466
    nycrats said:

MayDay10 said:

vitodacat said:

He was pissed

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Options
    was that vinyl that got tossed at the end of surrender? any idea what it was?
    is that a thing cheap trick does live?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    nycrats said:

There is a lyric in Surrender that goes "Got my Kiss records out".....Cheap Trick used to toss out a Kiss record, but I think they now toss out one of their own records, which often include a bunch of Rick's guitar picks attached.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:

nycrats said:

There is a lyric in Surrender that goes "Got my Kiss records out".....Cheap Trick used to toss out a Kiss record, but I think they now toss out one of their own records, which often include a bunch of Rick's guitar picks attached.
    very cool- thanks
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,184
    RE4790 said:

nycrats said:

MayDay10 said:

vitodacat said:

Me often thinks all the kids at shows now are really just "tambourine bait" laid out by diabolical parents.
    Me too.. which I feel so cynical thinking! Also I feel like some of the people fighting for tambs are flippers... so cynical.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    mcgruff10 said:

Really truly shits me people are complaining bout the setlist, have you've become that much of a setlist snob where you have to dissect every show? Maybe don't go anymore and let someone else who doesn't give a shit bout seeing evenflow for the 20th or alive for the 15th time. Better yet you can take a break and get food and merch and piss during a song like black or porch or Jeremy. You got 10 repeats out of 64 songs and you got the guitar player and bass player from cheap trick playing no surrender and then you just randomly get Sting doing driven to tears with the band, are you fucking kidding me, wow that's awesome. I am truly so so glad I separated myself from this fanbase. With that being said it's time for me to go back to in hiding.

Christ some of you act like we are making fun of your first born. Relax, It s a show. Some people thought last night was the best thing since sliced bread and others didn't like the repeats/set list. It s all good because opinions are like you know what.
    I know I'm an asshole, proud of it too, pisses people off. I'm far from acting like it's my first born, just tired of people being entitled to something that wasn't there's and won't ever be. This is NOT FOR YOU, never was for you, well you know the rest. This band does it what it does, don't like it or are tired of only seeing 10 repeats, then stay the fuck home. Here's an even better idea, go to the bathroom or go get merch or get something to eat. Do you know how many fucking local people go shutout or had to go to the secondary market, a lot of people. This fanbase should be fucking grateful this band still puts out at a good concert for a great price and aren't like U2 or other bands. Few years back I saw Bruce at msg for $120, wanna know where my seat was, section 420. Last night I saw PJ in the same damn building and had GA for the same damn price.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    mpar17mpar17 Posts: 161
    96 Hartford
    98 Hartford
    10 Hartford
    13 Hartford
    14 Denver
    16 MSG 1+2, Fenway 2
  • Options
    mpar17mpar17 Posts: 161
    Can someone tell me what was crossed off, looks like it starts with No.
    96 Hartford
    98 Hartford
    10 Hartford
    13 Hartford
    14 Denver
    16 MSG 1+2, Fenway 2
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    No m0ar.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    mpar17 said:

No More
  • Options
    SputNickSputNick Posts: 104
    CB116161 said:

I love Surrender! This needs to go in the rotation with RITFW and Baba to end shows!

+1
    Binaural > Vs > No Code > Yield = Riot Act > Vitalogy > Ten > Pearl Jam > Dark Matter > Gigaton > Lightning Bolt > Backspacer
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375

This show ends my little tour for now until Fenway 2 and Wrigley 1. I was surprised not to hear any avocado or binaural. However, the moment I'm standing in a PJ concert listening to my favorite band play any song they wish and I have an ounce of disappointment in the songs they choose is the moment I kick myself in the face to wake myself up and re-evaluate my life and my gratitude list.

This show was simply awesome! Many repeats but they all sounded great. It was my 16 yo daughter's first real PJ show (she went to GCF). She's a true fan at this point and to watch the delight in her face when each song started up was indescribable. It was like experiencing it all for the first time again. We had perfect 10c seats for her first show. 102. Dead center. 2nd row in the section. Straight back from the stage. She could see the lights, stage and the entire crowd without turning her head at all!

Mom look how everybody in the pit starts jumping at the same time!

Wow!!! everybody screams "MIND YOUR MANNERS!!!!" Exactly together!

ONCE (fist pump) UPON A TIME....

12345 against 1 (with the fingers counting in the air)

Yeah FUCKERS!!! He still stands!!! (Yes she yelled fuckers with the rest of us. :lol:)

I got very emotional during small town. I guess just thinking about my life and how it's changed and what my expectations were and having her there with me. It was intense.

Man trilogy. I have no words for that one. Clearly betterman is a very special song to me. To hear all three of those in a row was definitely a rare treat

Before the tour I'd hoped to hear garden, deep, leash. Got them all.

Mikes solo on all or none is just so bluesy and heartfelt. It really speaks to me. He's such a rock star. Sucks that the crowd was more concerned about their beer at that point.

My daughter also wanted present tense and breath so that was awesome for her to hear them back to back

Those were the highlights but every moment of every PJ concert is a highlight for me. I'm so grateful to this band for all they have done and continue to do. I'm so grateful to my family for making it possible for this working mom of 3 to take off for 36 hours and fly from NJ to SC for Greenville and for holding our lives together while I just saw 4 shows in 5 days! Gratitude. I'm so grateful for my brother for being my PJ buddy and making the entire experience full of everything we wanted it to be.

Funny note.... My daughter has seen Sting at both of her PJ shows :confused:

Well said, Jen! I'm so happy you were able to experience it all with your daughter and have an amazing 4 shows (5, if you include our Greenville show!) I would have died to see Sting playing with them....the Police were my Pearl Jam before Pearl Jam. Can't wait until Fenway!!!!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,873
    Suziemay said:

mpar17 said:

No More
    Which is a pretty bad song. Good message, poor execution IMO.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940

Suziemay said:

mpar17 said:

No More
    Which is a pretty bad song. Good message, poor execution IMO.
    Fully agreed, and I love songs that have anti-war meaning. I thought when Ed was talking bout Thomas Young, thankfully not
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783

This show ends my little tour for now until Fenway 2 and Wrigley 1. I was surprised not to hear any avocado or binaural. However, the moment I'm standing in a PJ concert listening to my favorite band play any song they wish and I have an ounce of disappointment in the songs they choose is the moment I kick myself in the face to wake myself up and re-evaluate my life and my gratitude list.

This show was simply awesome! Many repeats but they all sounded great. It was my 16 yo daughter's first real PJ show (she went to GCF). She's a true fan at this point and to watch the delight in her face when each song started up was indescribable. It was like experiencing it all for the first time again. We had perfect 10c seats for her first show. 102. Dead center. 2nd row in the section. Straight back from the stage. She could see the lights, stage and the entire crowd without turning her head at all!

Mom look how everybody in the pit starts jumping at the same time!

Wow!!! everybody screams "MIND YOUR MANNERS!!!!" Exactly together!

ONCE (fist pump) UPON A TIME....

12345 against 1 (with the fingers counting in the air)

Yeah FUCKERS!!! He still stands!!! (Yes she yelled fuckers with the rest of us. :lol:)

I got very emotional during small town. I guess just thinking about my life and how it's changed and what my expectations were and having her there with me. It was intense.

Man trilogy. I have no words for that one. Clearly betterman is a very special song to me. To hear all three of those in a row was definitely a rare treat

Before the tour I'd hoped to hear garden, deep, leash. Got them all.

Mikes solo on all or none is just so bluesy and heartfelt. It really speaks to me. He's such a rock star. Sucks that the crowd was more concerned about their beer at that point.

My daughter also wanted present tense and breath so that was awesome for her to hear them back to back

Those were the highlights but every moment of every PJ concert is a highlight for me. I'm so grateful to this band for all they have done and continue to do. I'm so grateful to my family for making it possible for this working mom of 3 to take off for 36 hours and fly from NJ to SC for Greenville and for holding our lives together while I just saw 4 shows in 5 days! Gratitude. I'm so grateful for my brother for being my PJ buddy and making the entire experience full of everything we wanted it to be.

Funny note.... My daughter has seen Sting at both of her PJ shows :confused:

Well said, Jen! I'm so happy you were able to experience it all with your daughter and have an amazing 4 shows (5, if you include our Greenville show!) I would have died to see Sting playing with them....the Police were my Pearl Jam before Pearl Jam. Can't wait until Fenway!!!!

Can't wait to see you in Boston!!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Had an awesome time last night. The garden is the absolute best! So happy I made the trip out here. Surrender was awesome. Finally heard Leash live for the first time. Deep, Breath, All or None and present tense were all great. Great crowds for both nights...makes the shows so much more enjoyable when everyone is singing alone and going crazy. Good stuff all around.
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    I was at both shows and now I'm suffering from post-PJ depression, I want more!
    The shows were great, the band is on fire, Mike is unbelievable. I'm easy to please, I can't complain about a PJ show. It's such a thrill to have them still touring and to be able to see them after all these years. I love these guys, no one compares!
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    Cool show, we are spoiled on east coast and msg has the bar raised so high it's almost impossible to live up to expectations. If ha liked the guest appearances you prob loved the show.

Present tense in encore was amazing. Breath/SOLAT was awesome and homage to 98 msg which was definitely done intentionally. Man trilogy was cool and rare. No daughter or black was different and good. Like someone said this seems to be the "ten" tour which is cool. Every tour they switch things up. We prob won't see these tens for a long time and people will complain no garden or deep being played. Next tour we will get more backspace, avocado. They dust off diff songs each tour, gotta enjoy what ya get. This msg was not as amazing as msg1 2003 or msg2 2010 but still great.
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    seanwonseanwon Posts: 284
    edited May 2016
    on2legs said:

The night went from great to amazing during Porch. We watched Ed make his way off the stage and I assumed he was going to wade into the GA crowd up front like he usually does to finish the song. But he kept walking and ended up making the turn into the walkway that separated GA from the floor seats. People were slapping hands with him as he walked by and me and my wife were leaning forward ready to take our turn. I got confused when he stopped right in front of us and I wasn't sure what was going on. But then Ed proceeded to climb up the rail directly in front of us. We were holding his arms as he climbed onto the rail and then one of the security guys from the band told us to hold his legs as he stepped onto the top of the rail. Ed belted out the rest of the song standing over us as we braced his legs. I was little concerned he was going to fall at one point. And then he hopped off and headed back to the stage to finish it up. It all happened so fast that it didn't seem real. I never expected him to make his way halfway out across the floor and never in a million years did we expect Ed to end up singing in front of our faces. Amazing. We even got Mike walking right in front of us later during his Alive solo too. :smiley: Still riding the high from the show and so thankful to the ten club for hooking us up with great seats.

Yes! I ended up on the "second rail", front row in the reserved seats behind GA. Saw Eddie hop off the stage and out of nowhere he was coming down the aisle between GA and the seats right towards me. Was one of the ones lucky enough to give him a pat on the back as he went by. Then he stopped directly in front of my friend who was 3rd row in seats behind GA and climbed up on the rail. Unbelievable moment.

My friend got some of it on his phone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7adQ7UFZr3o

The redhead is my friend's wife, she hopped the 2nd and 1st rows to be a part of this moment apparently, lol.

Post edited by seanwon on
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
  • Options

Discopij said:

Can't believe people are complaining about a show that included Breath, Leash, Garden, and All or None in terms of rarities ... 2 great special guest covers ... and over 30 songs in total.

Completely agree. If you're feeling this way might be good to not go to as many shows, and it will make the next one that much better. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, hadn't seen the band in 3 years until Friday night, Philly 2 and MSG 2 were well worth the wait for me. I don't need to hear Sweet Lew, Hitch Hiker, Cropduster or Bugs and I think the band doesn't play those rarely heard songs because they don't want to hear them either, either way they'll sell out 2 nights in NY/Boston/Philly/Chicago/LA and other cities. They're playing what they want to play and that's all I care to hear. I don't collect songs so I'd take Evenflow or anything off of LB/Backspacer any day of the week off of some of the songs they rarely play that are hard to listen to. My brother loved his first PJ show, was cool to see a first timers perspective on it.

I went to see a great show and they didn't disappoint. Philly 2 and last night were just that. Can't wait for Fenway, and will relish these 2 shows I just went to until then. That encore of Beatles/All or None/Pendulum/Present Tense/Breath/SOLAT/Porch was incredible as was Betterman in the main set, and the covers/guests were a great surprise. Section 119 was rocking out all night, I was at Philly 2 also with similar seats and both crowds seemed about the same to me, very loud and very into it from where I was sitting. And honestly, I remember seeing more mass exits to the bathroom/concession stands during Philly 2 overall than last night, especially for Baba/YLB at the end when a lot more people cleared out at Philly. Seemed like more of the crowd stuck around last night. I would give Philly a slight edge over this show for me personally because of Ten, but MSG wasn't disappointing by a long shot.

I was in section 119 as well. On the back wall, so I did not have to worry about blocking anyone being 6'5" tall. :)

Tremendous show. So happy to have the privilege of seeing Cheap Trick and Sting play with the boys.
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    They don't play Garden nearly enough. That was a gem last night.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.