Options

*** New York, NY Fanviews Here 5/1/16 ***

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,891
    and to the asshole wearing yellow who stole the tambourine from the lady ....Karma is a bitch you fucking douche!
    and who stands in front of a guy who is in a wheelchair?
    by the way, mccready is on a new level. he is INSANE!!!!! the dude is playing is ass off.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    GREAT SHOW! Yes, the main set lived up to the hype.
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 286
    https://youtu.be/LtJ-74EApxM

Latter half of Alive. View from section 325 row 1 in Chase Bridge section. No audience singers, no one else holding up phone in front, just straight wide view shot from above.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    JC38557JC38557 Posts: 33
    I'm just so happy I lost out on FanClub seats for both MSG shows, despite the fact that I live 20 blocks from MSG. Wait, no I'm not happy at all. Sounds like an amazing show, I'm sorry I missed it but I do like reading the reviews and I can't wait to see the YouTube Videos. The stubhub prices are crazy for the MSG shows. It's almost comical, like the website is broken. They are more expensive than Hamilton seats. I was hoping to score a seat late in the game but it didn't happen.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    I thought it was a very good show and I can see why some would think it was great. Opinions vary, so for me, them playing 7 songs from Ten after I saw them do the whole thing in Philly wasn't amazing for me, but for others I'm sure it was. I thought the set list was really strong as a standalone show and the crowd was on fire for the most part. Like a few others, my section had a bunch of people sitting the whole time, but hey that's just more room for me when I'm standing.

I'm excited to see what they have for tonight and I hope Ed's voice holds up. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that yet. Ed definitely stepped back from the mic a lot but still powered through.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,790
    on2legs said:

AlaG said:

I'll preface this by saying I know a lot of people didn't make it in the building, and I'm incredibly grateful to have been one of those who did. That being said, this is #3 for me this year.

The crowds at Philly 1 and 2 seemed to have sooo much more energy than the crowd tonight, aside from perhaps the "greatest hits" type songs. This may be entirely too subjective. Had a seat in 213, where there were I kid you not 40 or so people directly in front of me who sat through the entire show. Had 10C for both Philly shows.

Setlist was awesome though. Really stoked to hear Go, Rats, Down, Whipping, The End. Got Release last show but always down to hear it two nights in a row. And like I said, all the mainstays sounded fantastic tonight, particularly Black and Alive. Not a fan of Crown of Thorns being in such heavy rotation these days but the accompanying solo tonight was fantastic.

Crawling in bed right now to get some rest for tomorrow. Think my lukewarm opinion of tonight relative to the Philly shows might also be influenced by how absolutely drained I am from following this tour. Averaging about 4 hours of sleep/night the past few days.

While this show ranks near the bottom for me, it's still better than any other non-PJ show I've ever been to. I've had so much fun following this band this year that I'm playing with the idea of selling my MSG Radiohead tickets to go to one more Pearl Jam show instead.

I went to an amazing concert at Madison Square Garden tonight.

What concert did you see?
    I'll agree that if your whole section is sitting, it's pretty hard to enjoy the atmosphere. Luckily I was behind the stage and the floor was bouncing
  • Options
    narnianarnia Posts: 635
    mcgruff10 said:

by the way, mccready is on a new level. he is INSANE!!!!! the dude is playing is ass off.

This!
    The whole band just keeps getting better and better. AMAZING show, I can't find words to describe what it was like to be there. I was sitting on the floor behind GA and the energy was incredible. I kept looking around the Garden and it looked like every section was rocking. We didn't just make the stage bounce, the floor under my seats was bouncing too. The crowd was sing loud to every song, and you could see Ed smiling at us in appreciation. The band really fed off our energy. The first set just blew my mind, they kept coming at you one after the other without let-up. This is a must-have boot!
    I can't talk today and my ears are still ringing, but it was worth it! Can't wait to see what they have in store for us tonight!

BEST. BAND. EVER!

I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • Options
    Black solo was otherworldly.
  • Options
    lfitzpatrick9lfitzpatrick9 NJ Posts: 372
    Anyone have floor section e seats. Just wondering how the view is to the stage
  • Options
    Following this tour has me fuckin wiped out. Especially that I had to work the day after every show (besides Hampton).
    Do I have anything left for tonight?
    Does pj have any more tricks up their sleeves ?
    Can MSG bring it AGAIN tonight?

I guess we'll see
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    nicknyr15 said:

Black solo was otherworldly.

Yea it was.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,891
    nicknyr15 said:

Following this tour has me fuckin wiped out. Especially that I had to work the day after every show (besides Hampton).

I guess we'll see

I'm the same way. I am freaking tired as hell at work right now. I'm about to teach the Kennedy assassination to 8th graders all day. It's gonna be a long one.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

nicknyr15 said:

I guess we'll see

I'm the same way. I am freaking tired as hell at work right now. I'm about to teach the Kennedy assassination to 8th graders all day. It's gonna be a long one.
    Rough dude. You going tonight?
  • Options
    phungiphungi Posts: 640
    Section 208 Row 15 was rocking!

Anyone know what song was crossed off the set and replaced with Unthought in the 1st encore?
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
  • Options
    jdesantis1983jdesantis1983 Posts: 411
    mcgruff10 said:

nicknyr15 said:

I guess we'll see

Open up with "Brain of J," that should wake you up!

Took me all weekend to recover from Philly on Friday, really pumped for tonight, taking my older brother to his first PJ show. I don't know how I'd do it if I went to last night's show too.
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • Options
    phungi said:

Anyone know what song was crossed off the set and replaced with Unthought in the 1st encore?

Life Wasted was scratched.
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    The answer to the question, "how are they gonna follow philly 2?:"
    That first set. It was on point. Excellent. Great show. But if we gotta objectively compare msg shows, song selection and especially encore number 2 kept this as just a very good show but not an epic one. The energy was excellent. But if I'm honest there were three times where I thought they drove in the wrong direction with unthought known, lightning bolt and black. And black was sick, I just think those songs needed to be different as I'd say 75 % of a pj crowd is doing multiple shows on any given tour and we're all thirsting for something else at particular points

Not complaining but I am nitpicking just to prove to myself that not every show I go to I say "that was the best show ever". It was a priveledge to be in that building last night, I had a blast. Rats and whipping, yes please!

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    phungi said:

I was in row 11. They guy shussing everyone during the end. :)
  • Options

Floor sections D, E, F aren't on risers so you have GA in front of you. The numbered sections in back on the floor, 1, 2, 3 are further back but have a better view since they're raised.
  • Options
    deweildeweil Posts: 245
    Dercheef said:

The show was great, the setlist was great and especially Mike was on fire tonight (probably more than I have ever seen him, his solo during Black was out of this world).
    But I have one problem with this show: The band (or volume) was simply too loud. Imo it was atleast 10% to 20% louder than in Philly and the last 4 MSG shows. The problem with that is, it pretty much drowned out the crowd and took a lot of the crowd energy. I hope they correct this for tomorrows show.
    And during RITFW I was convinced that it was Dhani Harrison on stage. Looks like I was wrong.

Completely disagree,/but it depends on where you were sitting I think.I was in the rafters and had a harder time hearing Ed over crowd singing for many songs. Thr band was clearer and louder than Philly (for me) which was good since it was muddy, especially phl1.
  • Options
    AN126064AN126064 Earth Posts: 64

Hey anybody have printed on tickets from stubhub or ticketmaster that say the time of the show is 8:00pm instead of 730pm. Just want to help my friend out who thinks he's about to get scammed. Let a brotha know

Friend had TM tix last night that had 8:00 printed while my 10C tix said 7:30, so legit.
    98 Camden, 98 E. Rutherford, 2000 Pittsburgh, 2000 Camden, 03 MSG, 03 Holmdel, 03 Camden, 05 Philly, 06 E. Rutherford, 06 Camden, 08 MSG2, 08 Camden, 09 Philly 1,2,3 (gave my ticket to 4 away for family obligation and kicking myself since), 10 Newark (my daughter's first show), 10 MSG1, 13 PIT, 13 BUF, 13 Barclays Center 1, 13 Philly 1, 13 Dallas, 15 NY Central Park (Global Citizen Fest, meh), 16 MSG 1 & 2, 16 Philly 2, 18 Amsterdam 1 (27 and counting!)
  • Options
    md281342md281342 Posts: 46

They are on risers
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    md281342 said:

They are on risers
    No they are not on risers. They are on flat floor behind ga. Risers start low rows on floor 1,2,3
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    Fantastic show and the 20th show for me. I was in 105. The sound in the Garden is so good. My favorite show I've been to since my last show in the Garden in 2010. Shows on the east coast are just at a different level than west coast shows IMO. There were many times I could barely hear myself singing. I thought the crowd was great and the set was really good.

I kinda laughed when Taking to the Streets started, but Ed sounded amazing on it. By the end I was loving it. And Chloe/Crown was perfect. Sounded amazing.

Very thankful to be in the building. Awesome meeting shetellsherself, InLukinsFridge, Branscop, and Tempo_n_groove. Again, thank you all for your help. There's no better way to celebrate a birthday.
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    mcgruff10 said:

nicknyr15 said:

I guess we'll see

Perfect time for a 2 day Kennedy movie for your class so you can nap
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    PJM3333PJM3333 Chicago Posts: 291
    Wma31394 said:

mcgruff10 said:

nicknyr15 said:

I guess we'll see

Yep - turn on JFK and take a nap
    2000-Chicago
    2003-Chicago, East Troy
    2006-Chicago, Cleveland
    2009-Chicago
    2011-PJ20 1, PJ20 2
    2013-Wrigley
    2014-Moline, Milwaukee
    2016-Lexington, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018-Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    - The band sounded great and put incredible energy.
    - Show was flawless but the songs were mostly kept in short form, not many extended versions. (Ed even omitted the wha-di-haha part in alive)
    - Good energy in the pit at Mike side, but in the middle and Stone side were dead, just standing people.
    - not many twists in the setlist (too many Ten, vs and yield songs)
    - yellow shirt guy stealing the tambourine from the lady was disgraceful.

What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

mcgruff10 said:

nicknyr15 said:

I guess we'll see

Wma31394 said:

mcgruff10 said:

nicknyr15 said:

I guess we'll see

Just put on JFK the movie and set your alarm!
  • Options
    lfitzpatrick9lfitzpatrick9 NJ Posts: 372
    Okay thank you guys
  • Options
    md281342md281342 Posts: 46

No they are not on risers. They are on flat floor behind ga. Risers start low rows on floor 1,2,3

Yes u are right