*** Philadelphia, PA Fanviews Here 4/29/16 ***

Comments

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    As I've mentioned to many people...I was teary eyed at Porch and full out weeping during Release. My dad has been gone 5 years and mannnnnnn I know he was there with me last night.
    The rest of the set could have just been gravy but nope....they hit it hard. Awesome awesome awesome....
    For the last few months I was on the lookout for MSG tix. Don't need those anymore
    .. totally blown away. So completely overwhelmed I think that will hold me over until Fenway♡
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Sprunkn7 said:

As I've mentioned to many people...I was teary eyed at Porch and full out weeping during Release. My dad has been gone 5 years and mannnnnnn I know he was there with me last night.
    The rest of the set could have just been gravy but nope....they hit it hard. Awesome awesome awesome....
    For the last few months I was on the lookout for MSG tix. Don't need those anymore
    .. totally blown away. So completely overwhelmed I think that will hold me over until Fenway♡

To me, that release was one of the most emotional songs I've ever been a part. It was such an intense experience. That album hits on so many levels and everyone in that building grew up listening to it.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    JE107307 said:

Does anyone have a picture of the new banner they hung up?

• PJM3333PJM3333 Chicago Posts: 291
    I love reading these reviews. Congrats to everyone that was there! Everyone's going to buy this boot!
    2000-Chicago
    2003-Chicago, East Troy
    2006-Chicago, Cleveland
    2009-Chicago
    2011-PJ20 1, PJ20 2
    2013-Wrigley
    2014-Moline, Milwaukee
    2016-Lexington, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018-Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
    As an attendee of greenville I felt we had the show of the tour.......but ten........man I'm envious! Definitely will be getting both boots for sure!
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Mike was wearing a Stony Pony tee shirt for the show... I'm guessing that was from Danny Clinch who was down front snapping pics. Way to represent the Jersey Shore, Mike :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    edited April 2016

That was NOT a tear in my eye! I was poked in it by kick ass lyrics......

First & last rail experience, untopable....
    Thanks to ALL that added to the debauchery that made this my #1 out of 26! I'm sorry to all those around me, I was jumpin up & down ALL night, like I ate a bag of jumping beans..... The Cookie Monster got LEASH! See yas in the GAAAARDEN
    Post edited by duffmann on
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    I think everyone is still asleep. I was so wound up after the show I could hardly sleep at all last night. Heading home and relishing my Philly trip.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    Sprunkn7 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

Glad you got to hear that release man.
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    Wow! To all who were there! Welcome to the "whole album" family! Was at No Code & Yield and I know the thrill of it. Ten must have been fucking insane. Release in its "proper" position...wtf. Shit, watching it from home had me choked up. Plus All Or None?

Thank You Pearl Jam!
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    Still on cloud nine...

A couple of corporate types had the set list in advance and I heard them talking about it. I asked them very nicely to "shut up" about it and I want it to be a surprise and this is a big reason why I come to these shows!

Why do people do that? It's not a concert where it's the same thin over and over...

Anywho.

My head is still reeling over last night.

THANK YOU for the other posts for last night! I LOVE reading them!!!

So after 15 shows this is the best. Hands down, the best. Thank you PJ, Thank you...
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,601
    OK......
    Ten. always like to hear a song or two during a set...
    usually more a fan of the rarities BUT now I completely get it...every song in sequence is an outer body experience!
    I was telling myself no way they can keep this energy up. I guess it's proof that practice makes PERFECT...
    As always words can never explain what happened there but most anyone here understands. THANKS PEARL JAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All us fans rocked too!!!

This show jumped to the top of my 20+ shows...how did we get so lucky?

• goatspergoatsper Posts: 34
    edited April 2016
    wow ! holy fucking wow! that was amazeballs!!! top two or three shows i've seen easy! ( # 36) funniest moment, i'm in the pit directly in front of eddie, some guy, during garden, starts jumping up and down,saying " omg they're playing ten! i said what!! and just cracked up! (drink more buddy)! also eddie doing willie........! my highlight besides the obvious, ten, was "all or none" wow. and when eddie was whispering during deep the sound was great . crowd was great on to msg!!! how are they going to top that people?
    Post edited by goatsper on
  • ambst95ambst95 Posts: 125
    I'm sitting here trying to put last night in to words. I've only been to 7 shows. I had flown to Raleigh and was let down. I hadn't been as excited for these two hometown shows after that whole experience. These two nights put me in my place. To get all of Ten, Chloe/crown, Crazy Mary, bee girl, comfortably numb plus countless other deep cuts in literally 27 hours was amazing. This show has easily jumped to the top of my list of shows and might never be topped.
    2003: 4/26 Pittsburgh, PA
    2008: 6/20 Camden, NJ
    2009: 10/28 Philadelphia, PA
    2013: 10/22 Philadelphia, PA; 10/27 Baltimore, MD
    2016: 4/20/ Raleigh, NC; 4/28 Philadelphia, PA; 4/29 Philadelphia, PA; 8/20 Chicago, IL
  • merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    Going to leave my review next, but a quick question: How does Pearl Jam only have 10 Philly sell-outs? It seems like the have played there many, many more times than that (I mean I've even driven down there 5x for shows from up in North Jersey)
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104

8th show for me tonight. words can't express the joy I had meeting and hanging out with peal jam fans from Chicago, Michigan and japan...thank you whitey and all your cool friends for letting my daughter and me hang with you all day. just that would've been enough...then awesome ten cub seats!!!!....then ten....holy shit!!!!band and crowd was on fire tonight. this has to be one of the best pj shows ever....I can't be the only person who thinks that...thank you ten club. thank you pearl jam. if anybody met me yesterday and took a picture with me..please send it to me.....my wife doesn't believe I have friends! lol

1st time seeing release...one white whale caught one to go....where's my nothingman????guess i'll have to go to more shows until I get it.
  • cjminorcjminor Posts: 19
    Great show. Has anyone else been to four of these album shows? I was in Moline, Milwaukee, Greenville and now this one. If you had asked me before what album I'd want to hear least, I probably would have said Ten, just because you hear the songs so much. But this was the best of the four, no competition. As someone else said, there's something different about hearing the songs in order, especially with a crowd that's so into it. The whole building sang every song. This was my 17th or 18th show, but the first one in the northeast. Philadelphia rocks! This is the last show for me this year (maybe - I might try to talk my husband into going to Fenway), so if there are any more of these, my streak is broken. But it was the best experience to end on. And side note - This is my first time in Philly, and I love this city. Beautiful architecture, great museums, great food. Even the uber drivers are awesome. When Pearl Jam comes back, we'll be there.
  • Last night was truly unbelievable. I have no words. This band is a gift.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    cjminor said:

Great show. Has anyone else been to four of these album shows? I was in Moline, Milwaukee, Greenville and now this one. If you had asked me before what album I'd want to hear least, I probably would have said Ten, just because you hear the songs so much. But this was the best of the four, no competition. As someone else said, there's something different about hearing the songs in order, especially with a crowd that's so into it. The whole building sang every song. This was my 17th or 18th show, but the first one in the northeast. Philadelphia rocks! This is the last show for me this year (maybe - I might try to talk my husband into going to Fenway), so if there are any more of these, my streak is broken. But it was the best experience to end on. And side note - This is my first time in Philly, and I love this city. Beautiful architecture, great museums, great food. Even the uber drivers are awesome. When Pearl Jam comes back, we'll be there.

All four and less than 20 shows overall?!?! Wow you hit the jackpot! Interesting to hear you say last night was your favorite.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    cjminor said:

Wow, that's amazing that you managed 4 album shows out of 17-18 shows! Those are some amazing odds!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Wow, what a shitty set list! Hahaha! ; )
    www.cluthelee.com
    I'm literally getting choked up just thinking about last night again. I hope last night reminded everyone about the power of those 11 songs. Holy shit. Best night of my life.
  • TenVsRhysTenVsRhys Posts: 47
    Fortunate to be there for Ft Lauderdale and Miami but been amazing to follow the subsequent gigs from afar. These guys are absolutely relentless. They turn up every single night and kill it, then turn it up a notch the next day. We should all feel pretty privileged to be on the journey.
    TenVsRhys
    1995 - Sydney Mar 10th, Melbourne Mar 18th, Brisbane Mar 21st and 22nd
    1998 - Melbourne Mar 3rd, Brisbane Mar 14th and 15th
    2000 - London May 29th and 30th
    2009 - Sydney Nov 22nd
    2011 - EV Brisbane Mar 12th, Sydney Mar 18th and Mar 19th
    2014 - Gold Coast Jan 19th, EV Sydney Feb 11th, 12th and 13th
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale Apr 8th, Miami Apr 9th
    2017 - EV London Jun 6th and 7th
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    God damn, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around last night.

The second I heard the intro music, I thought "why are they opening w/ Once two nights in a row?" I was holding my breath for the opening notes of Evenflow, when I got them I lost my mind.

Not only that, tonight was a first for me hearing Deep, Garden, All or None, Throw your Hatred Down, Comfortably Numb, and one of my all time favorites, mother f'ing Who You Are. (Been chasing that song for 18 years)
    6 songs I never heard before, for my 16th show. The night before, I heard 5 new songs. 11 total in this two night set, f'ing unbelievable. It's amazing how this band can continually impress after so many years.

Unbelievable first two shows of the year for me, now I wait until Fenway.

All you MSG folks thinking they'll be topping this Philly stop...... Good luck with that!
    cjminor said:

TEN IS A MASTERPIECE. That's a fact.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    What can be said.. 10 is one the of the main reasons why I fell in love with music. The defining album of my youth and they opened the show with it. I was stunned. The crowd was exceptional, my first proper show in Philly and they did not disappoint. It will be a long time before this smile leaves my face.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• mfcbmwmfcbmw baltimore Posts: 41
    Something to be said for hearing the album that the whole world fell in love with and propelled this band to make it 25+ years! And we still going! Strong! Last night was inspired, passionate, intense, hard-fought, magical, heaven, and an out-of-body experience. Having been to nearly 50 shows(last night was 50 if I count eddie shows), Philly 2 has made my top 5. And Release was the single best/meaningful performance of the night. I can't stop thinking about Release! Release the boot now!
  • Jamd44Jamd44 Posts: 32
    Absolute privilege to be in attendance last night. Crowd was great! No one understands why we all go so much - it's for nights like this!
  • jnikojniko Posts: 292
    What a night. GA was jumping. The whole place was jumping. I saw every person in that building in front and back of the stage, all the way up to the rafters as one big Jamily. Not one sitting person in the whole house. Too many highlights to list. Thank you Pearl Jam
    Jamd44 said:

Absolute privilege to be in attendance last night. Crowd was great! No one understands why we all go so much - it's for nights like this!

Prime example. I truly feel for anyone who went to only night 1. Not saying night 1 wasn't awesome but.........