Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    I no longer find a sense of urgency in buying any of these posters. To get a S/N Ames no longer carries more weight than a non s/n, for me at least. Ten Club will eventually get around to selling them. When they do I'll hopefully get it from them. If not, the numbers that will be for trade and what I've been able to accumulate over the past few months will become fodder to procure one. Whether it be a Lolla or a Vic patience is a virtue. Got my mojo working.
    BTW, I'm looking for an Ames NYC 03. Might be able to pry my Honolulu for it. ;)
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I no longer find a sense of urgency in buying any of these posters. To get a S/N Ames no longer carries more weight than a non s/n, for me at least. Ten Club will eventually get around to selling them. When they do I'll hopefully get it from them. If not, the numbers that will be for trade and what I've been able to accumulate over the past few months will become fodder to procure one. Whether it be a Lolla or a Vic patience is a virtue. Got my mojo working.
    BTW, I'm looking for an Ames NYC 03. Might be able to pry my Honolulu for it. ;)

is the honolulu one with the U2 ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    GR8Dane wrote:
    Just got my e-mail from Emek.... Variant for me!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats. Not really confident I'll get one. But at this point I no longer care either way. I'm saving up my pennies for an original Van Gogh. Just 43,000,000,000 more pennies and I'm there.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    is the honolulu one with the U2 ?
    :) no.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    :) no.

dammit
    my heart skipped a beat on that one,

oh well.

:)
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    dammit
    my heart skipped a beat on that one,

oh well.

:)
    Yeah, still waiting for #7 or 10C to sell them. I'm hoping with the delay in artillery, 10C will sell their portion. 'Wouldn't it be nice?'
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    jimed14 wrote:
    congrats ... which variant?

I went for a variant ... but, honestly, I would love the regular Dove edition just as much if not more ...

how long will this process go? are these sent out en mass or one at a time, so it will take a few hours?

I went for the Twilight.... Favorite time of the evening....
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • pearl jam version of Lolla cheaper on eBay.

than Ames

Buy it Now
    the Minions
    pearl jam version of Lolla cheaper on eBay.

than Ames

Buy it Now
    Is it S/N?
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    pearl jam version of Lolla cheaper on eBay.

than Ames

Buy it Now

prolly not s/n
    platessmall.jpg
  • Is it S/N?

no

but it's been said it doesn't matter to someone ;)
    the Minions
  • LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    I think it would be cool if Expressobeans showed Average Value of the posters people have in collection? Kinda like the stock market? Could see if some have shot up in value, or dropped off. I collect to collect not to sell, but just think it would be scary to see how much they are worth.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    Just got Lakes 'Dove'! Very pleased with that.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    no response from EMEK...
    If anyone has a 10K lakes poster, I will HOOK you up with PJ posters for it!
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    guessing my 53 minute late emek didn't make the cut

hopefully he sends out the dear john letters again
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    bostonlou wrote:

No 10K lakes for me either... and not even a "dear john, sorry" note.

Even programed work e-mail to send one and I sent one from home...

Damn, 0-2 this year with him... But at least we got the Europe art shows...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:

probably still to early for the dear john

my art shows arrived last week... you probably had yours for a while now?
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    if anyone has an extra pj lolla poster please pm me. I would like to make a trade or pay for it since i was at the rail all day sunday and couldnt find anyone to get one for me. And i see that i'm about 1 and 1/2 hours too late to get it from ames site.

Thanks,
    --Adam
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:

Nothing for me wither on this one, oh well, my email was stamped 10:00:001 CDT but what can you do when 500 other people probably had the same time stamp.

I emailed him about a totally different matter and he said that he got over 1000 emails about the 10K lakes. All of which probably arrived within a 2-4 second time frame :(
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
    bostonlou wrote:
    probably still to early for the dear john

my art shows arrived last week... you probably had yours for a while now?

Yeah... A few weeks... Even the B & W one, which isn't just B & W, the silver in there is nice. It pops out and is a lot nicer in person...

I'm pissed, I got a blue VFC on ebay and got it, but I also bought a red one and haven't gotten it yet, working on 45 days... Started the pay pal claim process as the seller hasn't responded at all... F'er...
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2016 Fenway I
  • KDH12 wrote:
    I emailed him about a totally different matter and he said that he got over 1000 emails about the 10K lakes. All of which arrived within a 2-4 second time frame :(

:eek: craziness. Now wonder I'm O-fer getting anything.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    bostonlou wrote:

Not sure, but didn't he say in an email or on his site that there wouldn't be any "dear john" letters for this one? I can see why if he had over 1K emails to respond to. No wonder he took the weekend off.

I think we're just in limbo and have to assume we were shut out again (I'm 0-3).

KJ
    KDH12 wrote:
    Nothing for me wither on this one, oh well, my email was stamped 10:00:001 CDT but what can you do when 500 other people probably had the same time stamp.

I emailed him about a totally different matter and he said that he got over 1000 emails about the 10K lakes. All of which arrived within a 2-4 second time frame :(

I'd love to see him get a "buy button" system like 10C and even Justin Hampton...

I hate the waiting and that he likely picks and chooses some preferred customers... But he it's his show and he can sell to whom ever he likes...

I have bought from him directly in the past, and he's great to deal with, but two whiffs in a row hurt...
    2016 Fenway I
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    I'd love to see him get a "buy button" system like 10C and even Justin Hampton...

I hate the waiting and that he likely picks and chooses some preferred customers... But he it's his show and he can sell to whom ever he likes...

I have bought from him directly in the past, and he's great to deal with, but two whiffs in a row hurt...

Hampton only seems to use the buy button when he knows the poster will last a few hours and not sell out right away otherwise he uses the emial system.
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:

Hampton has moved to the e-mail request for a lot of pieces now too. I was lucky this time around, but the whole thing is nerve-wracking. I wish that there could be a more straightforward way, but demand is always going to out-strip supply in the case of his work.

On another point, I am under the impression that there's no 'Dear John' letter this time either.
    KDH12 wrote:
    Hampton only seems to use the buy button when he knows the poster will last a few hours and not sell out right away otherwise he uses the emial system.

Yeah, I did the e-mail sale for the QOTSA and got the Milan "Mary on a half shell" that way... I only requested Milan as I was too enamored with the lightbulb one...
    2016 Fenway I
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    No 10,000 Lakes for me either...bummer :(

But I am looking for the Skull (Tool) Handbills. I have the brown one already but there are a few more I need to get. If anyone has any they'd like to trade or sell let me know!

Also either of the Lolla posters would be great.

Ok i'm done now :)
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • kj1nyr wrote:
    Not sure, but didn't he say in an email or on his site that there wouldn't be any "dear john" letters for this one? I can see why if he had over 1K emails to respond to. No wonder he took the weekend off.

I think we're just in limbo and have to assume we were shut out again (I'm 0-3).

KJ

yeah I'm 0-EMEK.

I got a timestamp right on the hour. Perfect
    just knew I'd get a variant.

BUT no luck.

On the Queens set, my timestamp was 5 seconds after the hour and when I asked them what time my email was received it showed almost 2 minutes after the hour. She (his wife) said I wasn't even close.

I can't figure this shit out...I guess next time I send it off before the hour to allow it to get through earlier????????

I don't know
    the Minions
    KDH12 wrote:
    All of which probably arrived within a 2-4 second time frame :(

except for mine at 53 past the hour ;)
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    Yeah... A few weeks... Even the B & W one, which isn't just B & W, the silver in there is nice. It pops out and is a lot nicer in person...

I'm pissed, I got a blue VFC on ebay and got it, but I also bought a red one and haven't gotten it yet, working on 45 days... Started the pay pal claim process as the seller hasn't responded at all... F'er...

the silver does pop... it's cool

i think even the wife gave a grunt of approval ;)

that sucks... nothing worse that a shitty trade

although i sold something on ebay and the buyer turned down insurance and then said it didn't show and I ended up having to eat the cost

although I refused to refund the money... so all ebay did was shut down my account.... oh well
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    Well, guess I'm screwed.

"10k lakes sale completed

Hello KJ

we completed the confirmations yesterday for the 10k lakes sale.
    only those whose emails were in at the right time got a response.

Thank you to all who requested a poster, we are sorry we dont have
    enough for everyone.

Our next sale will be conducted differently-
    stay tuned for more news next week.

Thank you,
    Emek and staff"