Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• Just got JH "Moonlight picnic"
    I usually don't buy non PJ posters but this one is great and I love JH work.

http://www.justinhampton.com/MoonlightPicnic.jpg

This is going to be a fun frame to do, can't wait :D

Congrats! Nice print! Im saving my money for Coachella and Daniel Danger...
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark 26/6 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden 7/7 2012
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Congrats! Nice print! Im saving my money for Coachella and Daniel Danger...

If these ever go on sale...

Its beginning to feel like the 10c bug has gotten to these...
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Just got JH "Moonlight picnic"
    I usually don't buy non PJ posters but this one is great and I love JH work.

http://www.justinhampton.com/MoonlightPicnic.jpg

This is going to be a fun frame to do, can't wait :D
    That is cool! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • yosi wrote:
    If these ever go on sale...

Its beginning to feel like the 10c bug has gotten to these...

yeah, it was artillery all over again with dd´s website and emek has orders over his ears. Words like "Patience" and "soon" has lost its true meaning. ;)
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark 26/6 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden 7/7 2012
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Also in the mail today if anyone would be interested

Lots of new posters this time around.

http://www.danstiles.com/1.html

Rogue Wave at the Wonder here in Portland

Midlake at the Doug Fir, also in Portland

Bright Eyes, at the Mcdonald Theater in Eugene, Oregon

Yonder Mountain String Bands Fall 2007 tour poster

Pretty Girls Make Graves. Last show ever! At Neumo's in Seattle.

Low, two nights, two posters. These posters are big, nearly 3 feet tall. Very limited edition.

Animal Collective, at the Wonder in Portland.

Bumbershoot 2007 in Seattle. They sold out of 700 posters at the festival, I have about 90 to sell. These are big, three feet tall and two feet wide.

Flatstock 14 poster show, the sister poster to the Bumbershoot campaign. I only have a few of these left.

it's odd that i find most of these posters to be crap

i wonder if it's my lack of interest in the bands or the art itself... i guess it's a combo... but really i find many many posters to just be crap
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    bostonlou wrote:
    it's odd that i find most of these posters to be crap

i wonder if it's my lack of interest in the bands or the art itself... i guess it's a combo... but really i find many many posters to just be crap
    not false.
    They are not great posters, for sure. As you say, I think it's a combo. Some PJ posters are ugly and expensive too...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
    Julien wrote:
    not false.
    They are not great posters, for sure. As you say, I think it's a combo. Some PJ posters are ugly and expensive too...

yes PJ does have some dogs...

but it amazes me how much crap is all over the place
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Lizardking wrote:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320171209973&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling

I don't know, I think it is a great deal, and you get a sticker and a CD from the show!! Even a Mike McCready Pick!! Value of this print just always goes up.

Did you re-list this? Cause otherwise it seems like someone put up the same deal as yours.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    yosi wrote:
    Did you re-list this? Cause otherwise it seems like someone put up the same deal as yours.
    The new listing is definitely our king and from the last sentence about "2nd chance sales" it sounds like whoever won the initial auction may not have paid.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Has Brad's Built to Spill gone up yet?
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • congratulations to Number 7 for taking the longest time to mail out a poster. I am still waiting for my tube, emailed him a couple weeks ago and he said it would have arrived the following couple of days....Well, no poster yet...I have patience but enough is enough with all of the delays...
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    GR8Dane wrote:
    Has Brad's Built to Spill gone up yet?

There has been no announcement. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    congratulations to Number 7 for taking the longest time to mail out a poster. I am still waiting for my tube, emailed him a couple weeks ago and he said it would have arrived the following couple of days....Well, no poster yet...I have patience but enough is enough with all of the delays...

Well shit how long do you think it takes for mail to get to the south pole ;)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • QballQball Posts: 283
    congratulations to Number 7 for taking the longest time to mail out a poster. I am still waiting for my tube, emailed him a couple weeks ago and he said it would have arrived the following couple of days....Well, no poster yet...I have patience but enough is enough with all of the delays...
    You have obviously never ordered from Emek. I got my order the other day that I ordered in June. BK I thought has been great on shipping out posters. Also did you send and email to info@artillerydesign.com If not send them an email and your problem should be solved.
    Poncier wrote:
    There has been no announcement. ;)

technically... there hasn't been an announcement email since what... january?
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Qball wrote:
    You have obviously never ordered from Emek. I got my order the other day that I ordered in June. BK I thought has been great on shipping out posters. Also did you send and email to info@artillerydesign.com If not send them an email and your problem should be solved.

Oh wonderful, that gives me no hope at all. I'm sitting at 2 months for my last Emek order already, guess I shouldn't get my hopes up that it will be here anytime soon...

Funny though my Klausen stuff came really fast.
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    lukin321 wrote:
    Oh wonderful, that gives me no hope at all. I'm sitting at 2 months for my last Emek order already, guess I shouldn't get my hopes up that it will be here anytime soon...

The last e-mail from Emek said, essentially, please don't send any more e-mails asking me where your order is, or when the next ones are coming out either.

I love his work to bits, but he seems stretched too thin to me. Also, the PNE show in the middle of December will be taking up time of his too (see Hampton's last e-mail).
    cerebus wrote:
    The last e-mail from Emek said, essentially, please don't send any more e-mails asking me where your order is, or when the next ones are coming out either.

I love his work to bits, but he seems stretched too thin to me. Also, the PNE show in the middle of December will be taking up time of his too (see Hampton's last e-mail).

i don't get what the fluckin rush is

he's a busy man and he does great work... he ships himself so it takes some time

big deal
  • rssesqrssesq Posts: 3,299
    bostonlou wrote:
    i don't get what the fluckin rush is

he's a busy man and he does great work... he ships himself so it takes some time

big deal

He can take as long as he wants to send me my uncut Koln QOTSA.
    Edited
    cerebus wrote:
    Edited

chicken
    bostonlou wrote:
    chicken

Ha! I was about to say something that had previously been posted.

In terms of Mr. Emek, I personally have not had a problem with his shipping times. It does seem to me though that his shipping times are becoming longer and longer, and the last couple of e-mails from him he has sounded a little fried by it all. It just reminded me of Brad and his 'I'm done' declaration recently. I don't think that he would pack it in completely, but we're not going to get much access to his work if he's only working on a commission basis.
  • bostonlou wrote:
    yes PJ does have some dogs...

but it amazes me how much crap is all over the place

Yeah

I HAVE to like the band and the art. I don't like half the bands Emek does (ie Melvins, String Cheese, Ben Harper) so I won't buy those posters just because of the art. I don't like Widespread Panic so I won't be after the latest Klausen either. This is also the reason I have yet to buy Horkey or Danger posters.

Same goes with Stiles stuff... but I happen to like Wilco, BRMC, Bright Eyes Yonder Mountain, Low, Arctic Monkeys etc. some of the bands he does you can't find elsewhere. But they still have to have artistic appeal.
    the Minions
  • jjbehrenjjbehren Posts: 167
    This is also the reason I have yet to buy Horkey posters.

Hey, if you want to buy a Horkey you should check out Andrew Bird (currently opening for Wilco). He's great. So are the posters Horkey's done for him.

These are still really affordable:

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/43012

This one, not so much:

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/16072
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=6105

6/26/98, 6/30/98, 6/13/99, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 6/15/03, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/26/06, 6/27/06
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    lukin321 wrote:

Me as well

I might see my Emek order in time for a christmas present to myself :)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Just got my Arcade Fire prints.... in a tube.... so much for flat!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    GR8Dane wrote:
    Me too. Ordered the NYC yesterday.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Does anyone think that more posters won't go on sale until the 3 in "the goods" section sell out? i hope not, we could be waiting until 2009!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    GR8Dane wrote:

Good news ... I got the Red Rocks and new West Coast ... had the first leg West Coast one as well ... that came flat from the AF folks.

Been good week of tubes for me, had few Decemberists prints show up as well .... both are pretty damn nifty ...

Small Stakes (pictures do not do this justice)
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/66770

Diana Sudyka
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/45435

Still waiting for D Danger to sell his ... and would like Mike King's Decemberists poster too ...

Why do the Decemberists have THE best posters?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life