Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• Picked up s/n Lolla-abe at the post office today. Nice poster for 20 $... :)
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark 26/6 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden 7/7 2012
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    Picked up s/n Lolla-abe at the post office today. Nice poster for 20 $... :)

Hey man, I have sent you a pm. Looking for a good way to store my posters. Need some advice.

I have seen the thread about this topic here, but the shipping costs are way high for these things. I bet they are better from Sweden!
    I will swallow poison
  • Niko80 wrote:
    Hey man, I have sent you a pm. Looking for a good way to store my posters. Need some advice.

I have seen the thread about this topic here, but the shipping costs are way high for these things. I bet they are better from Sweden!

PM Sent :)
    Paris, France 11/9 2006
    Copenhagen, Denmark 26/6 2007
    Stockholm, Sweden 7/7 2012
    Solna, Sweden 28/6 2014
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    jimed14 wrote:
    three words tell you all you need to know ...

they ... ship ... flat.

how the fluck do they attempt this??

seriously?
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • jimed14 wrote:
    three words tell you all you need to know ...

we ... flip ... fast.

i agree.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • i agree.......

Flippin' hell Speedy
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    i agree.......

you want one for your collection?

let me know!

free shipping for your 50th bday!!
  • jjbehrenjjbehren Posts: 167
    bostonlou wrote:

seriously?

They mail them in a big envelope made of thin cardboard. Mine wasn't too bad last time. A couple minor corner dings.
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=6105

6/26/98, 6/30/98, 6/13/99, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 6/15/03, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/26/06, 6/27/06
  • bostonlou wrote:

seriously?

its possible. i purchased ames cleveland 03 off of some dude on ebay a few years ago - he shipped flat. he purchased 2 thin slabs of wood from some hardware store for cheap. placed my print in between art paper and duct taped the sucker shut around all edges. shipping via usps for the board was just under ten bucks. poster arrived flat in in mint shape. i was pretty damn impressed....
  • cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    FrankBauer wrote:
    its possible. i purchased ames cleveland 03 off of some dude on ebay a few years ago - he shipped flat. he purchased 2 thin slabs of wood from some hardware store for cheap. placed my print in between art paper and duct taped the sucker shut around all edges. shipping via usps for the board was just under ten bucks. poster arrived flat in in mint shape. i was pretty damn impressed....

Masonite is a good material to use for this. I've received artwork and posters this way before, and they've always been mint (provided that they started out that way of course). They put the poster in a poly sleeve and tape it down to one piece of masonite, then tape all the way around. Very sturdy way of doing it.
  • FrankBauer wrote:
    placed my print in between art paper and duct taped the sucker shut around all edges

Sounds too risky for me...I can flatten my posters out in a day.
    God Loves Pearl Jam
    my first flat shipment

should be pissah ;)
  • Sounds too risky for me...I can flatten my posters out in a day.

dont see how its risky. the board was thin, but it was solid - virtually indestructible. you'd really have to wail on that thing to crack it. the 10C tubes are much more fragile. also, he put enough tape around it, not only on the edges, but almost everywhere to seal off any damage that may be caused by rain. only needed to cut out one edge to remove the poster, they came out minty fresh and flat.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jjbehren wrote:
    They mail them in a big envelope made of thin cardboard. Mine wasn't too bad last time. A couple minor corner dings.

exactly how I got mine last time ... as long as someone doesn't start singing some Karl Douglass and do some Kung Fu Fighting right in the middle of the cardboard, I'm hoping for a near mint delivery.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Shipping flat is not a bad thing if done correctly.... I have gotten two flat from Emek, and both survived very well.... But he also takes the time to do it right....
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • I have received one thing flat and it came out OK..I am just saying that the physics behind something in a round container as compared to a flat container seems to be a better way to ship....As a seller, I wouldn't want the hassle of packing it that way and just waiting to hear if it arrived undamaged...after chatting with the mailman on numerous occasions, he enlightened me to some not so choice care tactics that some folks provide in their routes and while sorting mail...that is just my two cents, go for what you know.
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Whats the deal if you buy posters from someone (eg modernrockart, philaarts) and the posters don't turn up??

If I took out optional insurance do you get a full refund or whats the deal??

Its been over 4 weeks but Im still hopeful.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Whats the deal if you buy posters from someone (eg modernrockart, philaarts) and the posters don't turn up??

If I took out optional insurance do you get a full refund or whats the deal??

Its been over 4 weeks but Im still hopeful.

They should have a phone number to call, if not on a website then on your Credit Card statement, usually the sender has some type of tracking information...I bought from Philaarts and they were speedy with delivery, if you are overseas then 4 weeks may not be enough time for delivery. Or you can ask for a refund and they will give you their policy on refunds or give you another poster...good luck
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • just wanted to get rid of post 666
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • They should have a phone number to call, if not on a website then on your Credit Card statement, usually the sender has some type of tracking information...I bought from Philaarts and they were speedy with delivery, if you are overseas then 4 weeks may not be enough time for delivery. Or you can ask for a refund and they will give you their policy on refunds or give you another poster...good luck

Yeah, I bought from Philaarts. I contacted him alright just to ask when he sent it. He said he sent it first class air mail about a month ago.

I bought 2 from him (1 of which he can replace, the other is sold out).
    Would you normally get a refund from him??

As I said earlier, Im hopefull its just delayed.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Yeah, I bought from Philaarts. I contacted him alright just to ask when he sent it. He said he sent it first class air mail about a month ago.

Maybe wait another week then try to get a refund...who knows it may never show up...I hate waiting for posters, I am anticipating a Klausen myself. I disagree with their choice of overseas shipping without any form of tracking.
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • big pop update: looks like they've finally gotten organized over there. some additions, lots of overprice. Enjoy!
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Yeah, I bought from Philaarts. I contacted him alright just to ask when he sent it. He said he sent it first class air mail about a month ago.

He is a trustworthy guy, I am almost 100% positive they will make it right... There is a limit on how long you have to file a paypal claim, I believe it's 45 days!
    I was ripped off by Shortybunchups on Expresso Beans... Do not buy from him!
  • edderlyj wrote:
    big pop update: looks like they've finally gotten organized over there. some additions, lots of overprice. Enjoy!

You weren't lying. wow.

The only one I'm really thinking about is the Las Vegas 2000 for $150. Hmmmm.....

Guess they are getting their ebay prices, so I can't really blame them.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    For $750, that should be a real f'in tractor.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Poncier wrote:
    For $750, that should be a real f'in tractor.

Haha.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    I have received one thing flat and it came out OK..I am just saying that the physics behind something in a round container as compared to a flat container seems to be a better way to ship....As a seller, I wouldn't want the hassle of packing it that way and just waiting to hear if it arrived undamaged...after chatting with the mailman on numerous occasions, he enlightened me to some not so choice care tactics that some folks provide in their routes and while sorting mail...that is just my two cents, go for what you know.

Were his revelations similar to Newmann's zip code shocker?
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    edderlyj wrote:
    big pop update: looks like they've finally gotten organized over there. some additions, lots of overprice. Enjoy!

I love the Seattle Yield Tour sub print ... but, 500 clams? oooof. (edit, and it's out of 1,000?)

And what is up with the Riot Act Boston, Rainbow Arrow with TV .... The AP2 was up there for months at $125 ... no one bought it ... now they jack it up to $200 ... and guess what ... no one will buy it.

sheesh.

I'm happy with the unsigned one I got for $35.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    I love the Seattle Yield Tour sub print ... but, 500 clams? oooof.

And what is up with the Riot Act Boston, Rainbow Arrow with TV .... The AP2 was up there for months at $125 ... no one bought it ... now they jack it up to $200 ... and guess what ... no one will buy it.

sheesh.

I'm happy with the unsigned one I got for $35.

They are some crazy prices.
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Ames did noe sell the Seattle 98 did they? I been after one of those for a long time. I was at those shows!
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere