Merch package for the Given to Live guest at the Philly show - who wants to help me?

pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,057
edited April 2016 in The Porch
Time for a positivity injection around these parts: -

I wanted to reach out and see who's with me in helping Tom of 'Given to Live' (www.giventolive.com) present his next 'client' with a bag full of Philly merchandise to really top off his experience and show him how this community takes care of its people.

Tom does a wonderful job on a limited budget, and getting an applicant to a show in the USA (as opposed to keeping his operation within the UK) is a great achievement. However I know he would love to go that one step further and make sure the young man gets a goodie bag to really cap off the day.

That's where we can all come together to offer that helping hand and make sure young Joshua and his family not only have the night of their lives, but also get a few mementoes to remind them of it and to hold dear.

For those who haven't seen the posting everything you need to know is here: -

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/251578/who-sings-for-pearl-jam-my-friends/p1

I was thinking it would be nice if we could present them with

the event T shirts
Sticker and Pin
Poster
Keyring

and ideally a few bits for Joshua's mum too, who wont be forgotten by Given to Live. The events GTL run are about including, and not leaving Mum out who gives everything to support Joshua despite her own difficulties.

It wouldn't take a ton of cash, so if anyone wishes to donate a few $ to help set this up, I know Given to Live and Tom would be eternally grateful. You can rest assured there will be a full write up of the experience posted here, with photos etc.

Thanks for reading..... Don't worry about the merch lines, we can take care of that. And to top this off I will be trying to get a setlist and a bunch of picks to heighten that smile.

TO donate - please simply PM me and I'll supply the details
Post edited by pdalowsky on

Comments

• RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Posts: 1,023
    I'm in. Where can I donate $?
  • PP193448PP193448 Posts: 4,281
    How much are you needing to raise for this, Paul?? Where do we send the money, via I assume PayPal??
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    I'm in for a donation. Won't be at the Philly show so can't help present but love this idea!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Great Idea
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,057
    PP193448 said:

How much are you needing to raise for this, Paul?? Where do we send the money, via I assume PayPal??

good question Pat .....No real target - just a solid amount to throw at the merch desk to grab Joshua and his parents a few trinkets.

I didn't mention above that Joshua's dad, Josh, is a guest of GTL also, and its a full on family affair. Tom naturally wants to make their day as magical as possible.

Please PM me to obtain paypal directions bud, and its really appreciated, thank you very much, to the first poster also
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,908
    Paul I'm game.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • PP193448PP193448 Posts: 4,281
    Donation sent. Only stipulation is that Josh's parents post pics here of the show and Josh with all his goodies to make us smile... :peace:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    PP193448 said:

Donation sent. Only stipulation is that Josh's parents post pics here of the show and Josh with all his goodies to make us smile... :peace:

deal Pat
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    Happy to donate some of the funds I would have spent at the Raleigh and Columbia shows.
  • In
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    I'm in and can try to get an item or two in the merch line in philly. Only stipulation like PP's above, I want pictures of the family not with the merch but with Tom and any others who made this awesome day come to fruition for Josh and fam!
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,882
    :clap:
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

you guys are all amazing....
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,202
    Paul - I'm happy to be the shopper and contribute of course. Just a matter of if the items are needed for both days or just one. Anything needed, just let me know.
  • jomaryjomary Posts: 410
    PM sent
    Raleigh, NC 8-18-92
    Missoula, MT 9-30-12, EV Dallas, TX 11-15-12, EV San Antonio 11-16-12
    London, ONT 7-16-13 - Wrigley Field 7-19-13
    Charlotte 10-30-13, Dallas 11-15-13, OKC 11-16-13, Seattle 12-6-13
    Tulsa 10-8-14, Lincoln 10-9-14, St. Paul 10-19-14, Milwaukee 10-20-14
    NYC 9-26-15
    Ft Lauderdale 4-8-16, Miami 4-9-16, Tampa 4-11-16, Jacksonville 4-13-16, Pemberton 7-17-16,Wrigley 8-20-16 and 8-22-16
    Seattle 8-8-18; 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18
    Earthlings 2022:  Seattle 2-21-222 and 2-22-22, Los Angeles 2-25-22
    EV Coeur d’Alene 7-28-23, St Paul 8-31-23 and 9-2-23, Ft Worth 9-13-23 and 9-15-23, EV Seattle 10-23-23 and 10-24-23

• IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    edited April 2016
    So much to say...

Thank you, Paul. The support you've given Given To Live since day one is such a gift. I really can't ever thank you enough.

Everyone who is donating, thank you. The Swanson's are a pretty remarkable family. Mum, like so many primary carers, struggles to receive because the focus is on taking care of Joshua so this trip is for her and dad, Josh. So this whole trip, your merch donations, other gifts that are coming their way are simply a huge love drive by which is driven by a collective love of Pearl Jam.

Photos throughout will be going up on our FB page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Given-To-Live/814123041937589 where the full Love Boat Captain story is up.

Also on Twitter - @giventoliveuk where we're already using #LBCgoestoPhilly
    Feel free to drop messages for them through FB and Twitter.

I can't begin to thank you enough. Your gifts are part of a trip that lets Joshua be a regular kid, mum and dad regular parents sharing something with their child that they all love.

Thank you all.

http://youtu.be/1GQAVApFDVc
    Post edited by IamTom on
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    @pdalowsky - I can grab the boot when it's released if it isn't already apart of the GTL package :rock_on:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    FoxyRedLa said:

@pdalowsky - I can grab the boot when it's released if it isn't already apart of the GTL package :rock_on:

great idea - that would be wonderful
    FoxyRedLa said:

It is now :)

Thank you :)
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

I'm in and can try to get an item or two in the merch line in philly. Only stipulation like PP's above, I want pictures of the family not with the merch but with Tom and any others who made this awesome day come to fruition for Josh and fam!

I won't be in many photos if at all possible, it's not about me or GTL, it's about three wonderful Swansons.
    Given To Live -

• elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    IamTom said:

I won't be in many photos if at all possible, it's not about me or GTL, it's about three wonderful Swansons.
    well then one of me and you then mate. I insist for my records ;)

IamTom said:

well then one of me and you then mate. I insist for my records ;)
    Done :)
    Given To Live -

This community always provides an incredible response.
    Night time bump
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,364
    I'm in bro!
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,037
    Pming u Paul
    pdalowsky said:

This community always provides an incredible response.

They're being so great to Joshua :)
    Given To Live -

• SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    In. :smile:
    ELITIST FUK
    Just returning pm's
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Bump
    ELITIST FUK