Options

The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• Options
    demetrios said:

Got my number matched pair from BK today, they look awesome!

Matching #'s? Nice! :)
    Yeah, was a very nice surprise!
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Stoj said:

Sarava said:

He should have used a silver sharpie if he's signing on black. Looks good though!

At least he didn't use a pencil. Freakin HATE when artists do that!!
    Hope you didn't order any Feldman APs then!
    Joey's pencil sigs are great ..

Pencils or sharpies, all are good. Least they don't sign them with ballpoint pens ...
    Pencils>sharpies for archival purposes. I've seen sharpie sigs bleed yellow over the years.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    Got my Thomas variant in Oz today in almost perfect condition :joy:
    Tube was a bit dinged up so I was very relieved to find only the slightest little scuff on the outer edge of only 1 corner which will never be noticed.....
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411

demetrios said:

Stoj said:

Sarava said:

He should have used a silver sharpie if he's signing on black. Looks good though!

Pencils or sharpies, all are good. Least they don't sign them with ballpoint pens ...
    Pencils>sharpies for archival purposes. I've seen sharpie sigs bleed yellow over the years.
    This.
    If you want a signature to last.... pencil is the way to go. I know it sounds weird
  • Options
    BK variant, edition of 118
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    wg said:

demetrios said:

Stoj said:

Sarava said:

This.
    If you want a signature to last.... pencil is the way to go. I know it sounds weird
    You've got a good point there. I just don't like the look of it. Surely there are archival pens/markers out there?
  • Options
    demetrios said:

@ SteveThomasArt

#PJFenway prints are in!
    I know what you are screaming at your screen, "What? The prints just got in?!?!"
    Yes, I put them up for sale before I had them in hand. Risky, but I call it "striking while the iron is hot". Hopefully it also put a few flippers in hot water.
    Please don't expect them to come right away. I still have a full workload, family, etc. so I'm fitting the packing and shipping in whenever I have a minute. AND I WILL BE PACKING THEM MUCH BETTER THIS TIME.
    Please pass this along.

1. Don't admit to 'striking while the iron is hot' and then pack your 'hot' prints like absolute garbage. You're basically saying gimme lots of money but I'm gonna treat your purchase like it cost $10 instead of $110.

2. Don't concern yourself with flippers and how they're doing. Be more concerned that real fans payed $100+, got damaged prints, and you weren't bright enough to hold at least 10 back just in case, which is like rule 2 when it comes to selling prints (rule 1 is packing properly, which you also don't follow).

3. Don't tell people who have been waiting months not to expect them right away. It's one thing to wait because they aren't finished printing yet, but it's another to tell people you have them but won't be getting around to it immediately. That's just bad form after admitting 2 sentences ago to selling them early to make extra money. Gimme extra money but again, do not expect the customer service to be good because I'm a busy man.

I sincerely hope he packs them better than the variants. I was disappointed to get one damaged and then even more disappointed to find out he didn't have extra copies for replacements. The fact that he's sold prints before, and has had damage claims before, and still packed them as horribly as he did, is really frustrating. This is a guy who has been told his shipping and packing needs work, but ignored it.

Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    mcrieckenmcriecken Indiana Posts: 265

You sure? Pretty certain my variant is out of 108. Also, I was lucky enough to snag both the regular A/P and the variant. Brad packed the same numbers for both posters! Maybe just a coincidence, but seems like it was intentional. Either way, thanks, Brad!
    St. Louis, USA 10-05-2004 | Chicago, USA 08-23-2009 | Indianapolis, USA 05-07-2010 | Hartford, USA 10-25-2013 | Lexington, USA 04-26-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-20-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-22-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-18-2018 | Chicago, USA 08-20-2018
  • Options
    mcriecken said:

You sure? Pretty certain my variant is out of 108. Also, I was lucky enough to snag both the regular A/P and the variant. Brad packed the same numbers for both posters! Maybe just a coincidence, but seems like it was intentional. Either way, thanks, Brad!
    Yep.
    Mine also came with matching #s.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    If I was a gig artist, I would get on my hands and knees to beg whatever higher power I thought of in order to be given work by PJ Inc.
    Its pretty much a slam-dunk money job, unless you completely butcher your assignment. You can just make up all sorts of variants and know that the fans will pretty much buy anything.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I want one of those..
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    signed KS Fenway sold by 10c/Vitalogy Foundation up for auction
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,948

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252536881697

So Kevin won't be selling any of his prints? No AP's or regular editions sold @ the 10club? :(
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    demetrios said:

So Kevin won't be selling any of his prints? No AP's or regular editions sold @ the 10club? :(
    maybe they just want to get one or two sold for charity before having the artist sale to the public?
  • Options
    tjk895tjk895 Posts: 235

demetrios said:

@ SteveThomasArt

#PJFenway prints are in!
    I know what you are screaming at your screen, "What? The prints just got in?!?!"
    Yes, I put them up for sale before I had them in hand. Risky, but I call it "striking while the iron is hot". Hopefully it also put a few flippers in hot water.
    Please don't expect them to come right away. I still have a full workload, family, etc. so I'm fitting the packing and shipping in whenever I have a minute. AND I WILL BE PACKING THEM MUCH BETTER THIS TIME.
    Please pass this along.

1. Don't admit to 'striking while the iron is hot' and then pack your 'hot' prints like absolute garbage. You're basically saying gimme lots of money but I'm gonna treat your purchase like it cost $10 instead of $110.

2. Don't concern yourself with flippers and how they're doing. Be more concerned that real fans payed $100+, got damaged prints, and you weren't bright enough to hold at least 10 back just in case, which is like rule 2 when it comes to selling prints (rule 1 is packing properly, which you also don't follow).

3. Don't tell people who have been waiting months not to expect them right away. It's one thing to wait because they aren't finished printing yet, but it's another to tell people you have them but won't be getting around to it immediately. That's just bad form after admitting 2 sentences ago to selling them early to make extra money. Gimme extra money but again, do not expect the customer service to be good because I'm a busy man.

I sincerely hope he packs them better than the variants. I was disappointed to get one damaged and then even more disappointed to find out he didn't have extra copies for replacements. The fact that he's sold prints before, and has had damage claims before, and still packed them as horribly as he did, is really frustrating. This is a guy who has been told his shipping and packing needs work, but ignored it.

MickeyMouse you pretty much took the words out of my mouth here ... you hit the nail right on the head!
    2000: St. Louis
    2010: St. Louis
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley 1
    2018: Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options

demetrios said:

maybe they just want to get one or two sold for charity before having the artist sale to the public?
    Gotcha. That's cool if they do that. I'm gonna bid, we'll see what happens. Hoping to see his AP regular & variants for sale @ the 10club store.
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

Gotcha. That's cool if they do that. I'm gonna bid, we'll see what happens. Hoping to see his AP regular & variants for sale @ the 10club store.
    Email them and ask them to drop the shipping cost then. They just copied the auction for the 2013 Wrigley Posters as far as cost of shipping. It won't cost $23.65 to send just one poster.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

demetrios said:

demetrios said:

Email them and ask them to drop the shipping cost then. They just copied the auction for the 2013 Wrigley Posters as far as cost of shipping. It won't cost $23.65 to send just one poster.
    It's shipped by UPS International Priority. Poster will be shipped in a skate deck box too. All that along with a tracking # & insurance, that is why it costs $37.04 US to ship to Canada. Which does cost a lot with UPS. Plus the import charges are a killer. If it was shipped by USPS it would of whole lot cheaper.
  • Options
    Mark 5 Fenway variant is pretty sweet!
    Not the greatest in photo shooting but up close this baby is beautiful!

100/100
  • Options
    I hope the drops start happening this week...
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200

I hope the drops start happening this week...

You and I both. I can't keep sitting on the forum waiting for the ppsssst.
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    demetrios said:

100/100

Did you get 100/100?
    That's pretty cool.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    ski-bum said:

demetrios said:

100/100

Did you get 100/100?
    That's pretty cool.
    I did. :)
  • Options

anyone here that picked up 2 thomas posters and is caring enough to sell me one, you'd be helping a fan and not a flipper. stood in line for an hour and a half on landsdowne friday morning before working the Wishlist event and the last one sold as i was in the doorway. damn thing taken down 10 people in front of me right before my eyes. a $35 poster now turns into a stupid quest.
    any help appreciated.
    cheers and love,
    sd

I think this post got run over by speeding 'variant poster lovers'. still looking for this...
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    WildFlyWildFly Posts: 210

anyone here that picked up 2 thomas posters and is caring enough to sell me one, you'd be helping a fan and not a flipper. stood in line for an hour and a half on landsdowne friday morning before working the Wishlist event and the last one sold as i was in the doorway. damn thing taken down 10 people in front of me right before my eyes. a $35 poster now turns into a stupid quest.
    any help appreciated.
    cheers and love,
    sd

I think this post got run over by speeding 'variant poster lovers'. still looking for this...
    I have an extra Wrigley
  • Options
    Thanks WildFly - appreciate your post! I didn't attend Wrigley, so I'm not really in the market for those posters though...just looking for someone with a good heart and an extra Thomas...
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
  • Options

VARIANT-pearl jam wrigley, HAND EMBELLISHED $150.00 http://joeyfeldmanartwork.bigcartel.com/product/variant-pearl-jam-wrigley-hand-embellished

these are numbered 11-20 from the initial 20 held back by the artist.
    each print will be hand embellished. drawn and painted on to make the print original and unique.

Pearl Jam- artist's edition HAND EMBELLISHED $75.00 http://joeyfeldmanartwork.bigcartel.com/product/pearl-jam-artist-s-edition-hand-embellished

these are numbered 26-50 from the initial 50 held back by the artist.
    each print will be hand embellished. drawn and painted on to make the print original and unique.