The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• You guys are ripping on Shuss for using a generic image from a pack of baseball cards...

When his last poster, which almost eveyone considers a holy grail of PJ posters, he ripped off an ENTIRE CRACKER JACK BOX! :dizzy:

I like the Fenway print. It's classic, old-timey baseball. His "batting .500" comment makes it even more hilarious. I think some of ya are taking it a little too seriously.

The batting .500 comment made me hate it even more. Kind of a stupid move to say he doesnt even like it and then throws it out there to people he knows will buy it regardless.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,012
    BCBA said:

1 thomas
    2 mark5
    3 taylor
    4 faille
    5 klausen
    6 lady/fenway
    7 feldman
    8 ames monster
    9 shuss
    10 ames jackelope
    11 cliven

Imo thomas is in a different league. This type of event at these old venues fits perfectly into his style. Its almost unfair.
    I think faille would be a close #2 if it werent for that dog head

Completely agree.
    I'm totally lost with faille's print. Maybe it's a Chicago thing, but there are subways in every major city.
    I thought taylor's was the only one from Wrigley that I'd even consider hanging.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • You guys are ripping on Shuss for using a generic image from a pack of baseball cards...

When his last poster, which almost eveyone considers a holy grail of PJ posters, he ripped off an ENTIRE CRACKER JACK BOX! :dizzy:

I like the Fenway print. It's classic, old-timey baseball. His "batting .500" comment makes it even more hilarious. I think some of ya are taking it a little too seriously.

The batting .500 comment made me hate it even more. Kind of a stupid move to say he doesnt even like it and then throws it out there to people he knows will buy it regardless.
    Where does he say he doesn't even like it? The entire message on the back is light-hearted. It's fun. And honestly, if you look at his intentions for the poster, I'd say he pulled it off well enough for what he was trying to do.
    Even so, it's not a stupid move at all if people "will buy it regardless." Sounds like a stupid move on the buyers' parts if they're buying something they don't like. :i_dunno:
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,233

You guys are ripping on Shuss for using a generic image from a pack of baseball cards...

Where does he say he doesn't even like it? The entire message on the back is light-hearted. It's fun. And honestly, if you look at his intentions for the poster, I'd say he pulled it off well enough for what he was trying to do.
    Even so, it's not a stupid move at all if people "will buy it regardless." Sounds like a stupid move on the buyers' parts if they're buying something they don't like. :i_dunno:
    Totally agree. He might have been able to come up with a more classic player sketch, but after seeing so many people complain that the posters don't have much to do with the theme, it would be hard to pick on the Shuss. It doesn't get more baseball than an old time player on an old time baseball card. It might not be the Cracker Jack, but none of the others are remotely close. Mark me down as someone who willl be on-line trying for the A/P.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,146
    Come on Kevin. Let's see that Fenway Park variant poster dude.
  • demetrios said:

Come on Kevin. Let's see that Fenway Park variant poster dude.

AMEN!
  • dankind said:
    How can you tell there's only one mark 5 left?
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    edited September 2016

dankind said:
    It's all I can check out with; yesterday, I could check out with four in my cart.

Mind you, I didn't buy any of them--I have one from the show--but it's fun to see how many are left and let folks know.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • StojStoj Posts: 122
    dankind said:

dankind said:
    It's all I can check out with; yesterday, I could check out with four in my cart.

Mind you, I didn't buy any of them--I have one from the show--but it's fun to see how many are left and let folks know.
    Using that method, ~15 Clivers left, though that could be a cart limit.

Taylor's site seems to limit you to three.
    August 20, 2016 - Wrigley
    August 22, 2016 - Wrigley
    August 18, 2018 - Wrigley
    August 20, 2018 - Wrigley
    May 09, 2022 - Gila River Arena
    August 29, 2024 - Wrigley
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460
    edited September 2016
    I got my Cliver "variant" today, I can barely tell the difference from the show version, very disappointing.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • StojStoj Posts: 122
    Klausen looks like he'll be shipping next week. Feldman should be finished shipping by tomorrow maybe (some have gone out). Taylor - who TF knows.
    August 20, 2016 - Wrigley
    August 22, 2016 - Wrigley
    August 18, 2018 - Wrigley
    August 20, 2018 - Wrigley
    May 09, 2022 - Gila River Arena
    August 29, 2024 - Wrigley
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970

You guys are ripping on Shuss for using a generic image from a pack of baseball cards...

He spoofed the Cracker Jack box. He flat out lifted the ball player, flipped him, and plopped him on a poster that has no other artistic creativity. I am not up on copyright law, but maybe the age of the Topps image makes it public domain.

The Cracker Jack box is somewhat clever; the Topps package ballplayer on top of some stripes is lazy.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    Thomas' Fenway Park print shipping confirmation received! :)
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,012
    demetrios said:

Yep
    Just got mine for the Fenway variant.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • OnWis97 said:

He spoofed the Cracker Jack box. He flat out lifted the ball player, flipped him, and plopped him on a poster that has no other artistic creativity. I am not up on copyright law, but maybe the age of the Topps image makes it public domain.

The Cracker Jack box is somewhat clever; the Topps package ballplayer on top of some stripes is lazy.
    Yet Transformers and Donkey Kong and Cracker Jack boxes are holy grails.
    Ames Bros have lifted images for several of their prints throughout the years.
    ski-bum said:

demetrios said:

Yep
    Just got mine for the Fenway variant.
    Sweet!!
  • leach7leach7 Posts: 402
    Ames Green Monster Variant is awesome in person! Might be my favorite of the stadium shows!!
  • Just now getting around to unpacking tubes from wrigley show. Does anyone else's Faile print look similar to mine?

https://goo.gl/photos/NkhupsfmbYNdenpD8

I've already placed in protective sleeve, so sorry about the glare. In other pictures of the poster, I cannot see the reverse printing like on my poster (look across the knees, faces, black ink). perhaps a misprint? I've scoured the web, this forum for one similar looking. Any ideas would be welcome...
  • jkgroves said:

Just now getting around to unpacking tubes from wrigley show. Does anyone else's Faile print look similar to mine?

I've already placed in protective sleeve, so sorry about the glare. In other pictures of the poster, I cannot see the reverse printing like on my poster (look across the knees, faces, black ink). perhaps a misprint? I've scoured the web, this forum for one similar looking. Any ideas would be welcome...

Looks like misprint.
  • Or the back of the another Faile poster where the ink wasn't quite dry..that sucks..:(
  • CH273892CH273892 Posts: 84
    edited September 2016
    jkgroves said:

Just now getting around to unpacking tubes from wrigley show. Does anyone else's Faile print look similar to mine?

Yeah, I think it's the back of the poster that was on top of it. Seems to match up.

2000-08-15 Memphis, TN
    2003-06-24 Columbus, OH
    2004-10-02 Toledo, OH
    2006-05-20 Cleveland, OH
    2006-06-24 Cincinnati, OH
    2008-06-14 Manchester, TN
    2010-05-17 Boston, MA
    2013-10-15 Worcester, MA
    2016-08-05 Boston, MA
    2016-08-07 Boston, MA
    2018-06-18 London, UK
    2018-06-19 London, UK
    2018.08.18 Chicago, IL
    2018.08.20 Chicago, IL
    2022.09.16 Nashville, TN
    2023.09.10 Indianapolis, IN

2022.07.18 PSA: Just remember folks, ALWAYS pay goods and services. And if something seems too good to be true--it probably is.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    While that does suck, it honestly doesnt look bad to me.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460
    What they said right above, sorry dude.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    jkgroves said:

Looks like the back of another prints ink made it on to yours. They must not been 100% dry, before they were put on top of each other. Seems they put your front side toward the back of another print, and it transferred the backside ink onto yours. I wouldn't call it a misprint, more of a mistake by the printing company.
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    I'd send Faile a note - you never know what might happen ;)
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    jkgroves said:

That sucks. It's what you get when you buy cheap printing. I'd definitely suggest contacting 10 club. I know they normally don't deal with merchandise sold at shows, but this can only be a printing error and maybe they can swap one out to you before the public sale depletes the stock.
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Sarava said:

jkgroves said:

That sucks. It's what you get when you buy cheap printing. I'd definitely suggest contacting 10 club. I know they normally don't deal with merchandise sold at shows, but this can only be a printing error and maybe they can swap one out to you before the public sale depletes the stock.
    You can try, but good luck on that though. That's why they put " POSTERS ARE SOLD "AS-IS". NO REFUNDS, NO EXCHANGES." on the posters they sale on the site. I received a Lexington from 10C that was scuffed really bad in the black areas. Was referred to what I posted in quotes above. As well as when you buy at the shows, they have a big sign reading All Sales Final. That's why you need to do a quick check of what your buying before leaving the merch trailer or stand.