Options

The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• Options
    StojStoj Chicago Posts: 114
    Email address from order probably very similar to eBay username. Sometimes when you reach out to seller they will email you, also.
    August 20, 2016 - Wrigley
    August 22, 2016 - Wrigley
    August 18, 2018 - Wrigley
    August 20, 2018 - Wrigley
    May 09, 2022 - Gila River Arena
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    demetrios said:

Well, there is a way to check if an item is being sold on ebay. Use the PayPal / order email addy. Say the order / paypal email addy used was joedirt@gmail.com. All the artist has to do is go onto ebay and search joedirt@gmail.com. Seller can cancel the orders if they wish if they see the listing already up matching the mailing address / email addy. Many artists don't need to waist their time and check out every one's paypal / ebay emails if their purchase order flipped, before even shipped by the artist.

Most people don't use their e-mail address as their seller's user ID though. If they're a flipper and do, then they're idiots. Can't search for sellers e-mail address's on ebay.
  • Options
    Stoj said:

Email address from order probably very similar to eBay username. Sometimes when you reach out to seller they will email you, also.

That is the only way possible. Unless they use their same paypal e-mail address as their seller's user ID.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

demetrios said:

Well, there is a way to check if an item is being sold on ebay. Use the PayPal / order email addy. Say the order / paypal email addy used was joedirt@gmail.com. All the artist has to do is go onto ebay and search joedirt@gmail.com. Seller can cancel the orders if they wish if they see the listing already up matching the mailing address / email addy. Many artists don't need to waist their time and check out every one's paypal / ebay emails if their purchase order flipped, before even shipped by the artist.

Most people don't use their e-mail address as their seller's user ID though. If they're a flipper and do, then they're idiots. Can't search for sellers e-mail address's on ebay.
    I stand corrected. Just talked with a friend who sells a lot ebay, and they said, yes, you can find a seller by their email addy still.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch/?_sofindtype=25&_kw=ebayadvsearch&_since=15&_sop=1&_ipg=50

So, if people are stupid enough to use the same addy for both. Then they deserve what ever happens.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Is it possible he meant "IP addresses" instead of "flip addresses" and it auto-corrected?
  • Options

Is it possible he meant "IP addresses" instead of "flip addresses" and it auto-corrected?

I don't think so, no way he can match up IP addy's from his site with ebay sellers IP addy's. Most likely looking at the ones listed on ebay. And typing in their e-mail addy in the link I posted above yours. If they matched one of the orders, then it sounds like he is canceling them then.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,003
    Does anyone have any good sites online for customer frames at nice prices? I used arttoframe.com once, and I liked the frame....but their coupon codes aren't working. Not really interested in paying 20% extra due to technical glitches or whatever.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I used this guy once & was completely satisfied.

http://www.craigframes.com

Post edited by Stoj on
  • Options
    CH273892CH273892 Posts: 84

There's a place in Reading a friend of mine goes to, they do great work and are priced well - I'll have to ask him tomorrow where it is. Either Frame One or Atlantic Framing.

Cool, I have a decent place in West Roxbury, but figured I would ask considering how good that Thomas looks.
    I too live in Eastern Mass and use Artful Edge Framing, which is in Allston. Kim is the lady that owns it and has always done awesome work for me (both PJ and non-PJ). When I had my diploma hung in my office building (that Artful Edge framed and I was not allowed to do hang myself), the man who hung it complimented the quality of the work. She is very reasonably priced for custom work, and, if your ever consider using another place, I highly recommend her.
    2000-08-15 Memphis, TN
    2003-06-24 Columbus, OH
    2004-10-02 Toledo, OH
    2006-05-20 Cleveland, OH
    2006-06-24 Cincinnati, OH
    2008-06-14 Manchester, TN
    2010-05-17 Boston, MA
    2013-10-15 Worcester, MA
    2016-08-05 Boston, MA
    2016-08-07 Boston, MA
    2018-06-18 London, UK
    2018-06-19 London, UK
    2018.08.18 Chicago, IL
    2018.08.20 Chicago, IL
    2022.09.16 Nashville, TN
    2023.09.10 Indianapolis, IN

2022.07.18 PSA: Just remember folks, ALWAYS pay goods and services. And if something seems too good to be true--it probably is.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,548
    CH273892 said:

There's a place in Reading a friend of mine goes to, they do great work and are priced well - I'll have to ask him tomorrow where it is. Either Frame One or Atlantic Framing.

Cool, I have a decent place in West Roxbury, but figured I would ask considering how good that Thomas looks.
    I too live in Eastern Mass and use Artful Edge Framing, which is in Allston. Kim is the lady that owns it and has always done awesome work for me (both PJ and non-PJ). When I had my diploma hung in my office building (that Artful Edge framed and I was not allowed to do hang myself), the man who hung it complimented the quality of the work. She is very reasonably priced for custom work, and, if your ever consider using another place, I highly recommend her.
    Cool, thanks for the heads up. Allston is a lot closer than Reading!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,090

faileart The 10 color silkscreen @pearljam print we did for their show at Wrigley Field last weekend will be available via the shop at Faile.net this Tuesday at Noon (NYC time). Enjoy The Ride – Edition of 300. 18x24 In. Signed, Stamped, Embossed, Plus Pearl Jam Holographic Numbered Sticker – Price $200

faileart - Back side of @pearljam print Enjoy The Ride... With a little insight "We were excited to be asked to do the print for the Chicago show on this tour. There's a great clip of Eddie singing “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” from Wrigley Field – giving a shout to Harry Caray as he makes the best of the 7th Inning Stretch. Chicago to us, as kids from the 80's, will always be John Hughes country. So many classic stories and characters to shape our young minds. We thought of a place where no matter who are you are, no matter how bizarre, you can't hide it. We chose to go there and celebrate that moment. ENJOY THE RIDE!"
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,965
    So, $200 for the AP, which probably puts the variant at $250 or $300...ouch!
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,124
    EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

demetrios said:

I stand corrected. Just talked with a friend who sells a lot ebay, and they said, yes, you can find a seller by their email addy still.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch/?_sofindtype=25&_kw=ebayadvsearch&_since=15&_sop=1&_ipg=50

So, if people are stupid enough to use the same addy for both. Then they deserve what ever happens.
    Well everyone just taught the eBay sellers to change email addresses now...

• Options
    jjm33jjm33 Posts: 195

With the exception of the Thomas, it

jjm33 said:

ultrapig said:

Those look awesome! Just out of curiosity, where do you all go for framing? I've got several I'd like to get done but I have no idea where to go or how much it costs...mostly afraid my wife's head is going to explode due to sticker shock when I tell her;)

I use a local small business in MA. The Thomas for instance cost about $150 to have done.
    Mind if I ask where? (Eastern MA resident here)
    The Village Framer in Marshfield
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,003
    That looks great Stoj!

I didn't know that about email addresses. Then again, I've never sold anything on ebay, just bought a bunch of things over the years.
  • Options
    Sarava said:

That looks great Stoj!

Thanks - I know its not really custom/matted but their frames are decent.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

demetrios said:

The strictly flipper sellers already know to do that, I'm guessing. I think the best way to go about it is to keep track of which customer gets which number and flag their address so that in future sales if that customer tries to purchase again they will have their order cancelled. It's not ideal, at all, but that's why these flippers get away with it, cuz there is no easy way to prevent them.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,407
    there is absolutely no difference between putting it on ebay right away or waiting to make you seem like you are offering a deal 5 months after a show by putting it in lost dogs asking for the average of ebay sales. So anyone on lost dogs loves the flippers to some degree. I dont understand why the same outrage doesnt translate to over there?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    gnazteegnaztee Battle Ground, WA Posts: 82
    Have a look at Hollywood Poster Frames too. I like the posters to stand for themselves, so no matting. Just clean, black, metal frames with UV archival glass (leaves more room on walls for posters too).
    Portland '93, Seattle 1 '98, Seattle 2 '00, Phoenix '03, ACL '09, Dallas '13, OKC '13, ACL 1 '14, Bogota '15, Wrigley 1&2 '16
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

there is absolutely no difference between putting it on ebay right away or waiting to make you seem like you are offering a deal 5 months after a show by putting it in lost dogs asking for the average of ebay sales. So anyone on lost dogs loves the flippers to some degree. I dont understand why the same outrage doesnt translate to over there?

No difference at all. I personally don't care...
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,407
    Wma31394 said:

No difference at all. I personally don't care...
    Its their property and they should be able to do what they please with it so I dont care either. Sure it sucks though
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Anyone else still waiting on an Ames Bucky Variant? My order still says processing (has for 21 days) and they have not replied to my emails. I saw that someone got their Monster variant but has that been it?
  • Options
    Today @ 12pm ET .. http://store.faile.net/
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

demetrios said:

The strictly flipper sellers already know to do that, I'm guessing. I think the best way to go about it is to keep track of which customer gets which number and flag their address so that in future sales if that customer tries to purchase again they will have their order cancelled. It's not ideal, at all, but that's why these flippers get away with it, cuz there is no easy way to prevent them.
    Yes there is. Faile is doing a great job of preventing flippers in a very simple way. But then again, I'm guessing many here don't like that method either.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,882
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but did any of you get a shipping confirmation for the Thomas Fenway AP yet?
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Hello everyone. 

Hope this finds you well. One last hurrah before the end of Summer. Hope it was a great one!

We’ll keep this quick (as quick as Faile Mail can really be) for those still heading out of town for the Holiday. 

We had the opportunity to create a print for Pearl Jam to highlight their shows at Wrigley Field a couple weeks back. It’s always great to make a print for the band and maybe even more importantly their incredible fan base. Great lineage of prints made over the years and we’re always happy to be a part of that history. All the prints sold out at their shows so here is the chance for one signed and stamped from the studio as well as the Artist Variation that’s only found through the Faile site. 

The release is TODAY Aug. 30th, via http://store.faile.net/ at NOON (NYC time). 

Enjoy The Ride
    10 Color Silkscreen Print (Front) / 1 Color Silkscreen Print (Back)
    Edition of 300  / 18 x 24 Inches / Signed, Embossed, Numbered
    FAILE 2016 + PJ Holographic Number Sticker
    $200

Enjoy The Ride – Artist Variant
    10 Color Silkscreen Print (Front) / 1 Color Silkscreen Print (Back)
    Edition of 100 / 18 x 24 Inches / Signed, Embossed, Numbered
    FAILE 2016 + PJ Holographic Number Sticker
    $250

***Please allow 4-6 weeks for shipping. We are still awaiting the final Artist Edition to be delivered and the studio is finishing work for two international shows, with all hands on deck. We want to make sure everything is properly signed, stamped and embossed as well as being to the highest standard of work that leaves the studio. Thank you for understanding.***

A little text about the creating this as seen on the back side of the print:
    “We were excited to be asked to do the print for the Chicago show on this tour. There's a great clip of Eddie singing “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” from Wrigley Field – giving a shout to Harry Caray as he makes the best of the 7th Inning Stretch. Chicago to us, as kids from the 80's, will always be John Hughes country. So many classic stories and characters to shape our young minds. We thought of a place where no matter who are you are, no matter how bizarre, you can't hide it. We chose to go there and celebrate that moment. ENJOY THE RIDE!

Thanks to everyone for all the inquires and support. 

Our best,
    Faile

• Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,965

Sorry if this has been asked before, but did any of you get a shipping confirmation for the Thomas Fenway AP yet?

No, it sounds like 2 weeks before they ship
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,882

No, it sounds like 2 weeks before they ship
    Thank you!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

ldent42 said:

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

demetrios said:

Yes there is. Faile is doing a great job of preventing flippers in a very simple way. But then again, I'm guessing many here don't like that method either.
    you mean by selling the AP for $200? Or is there a thing he is doing that I've missed
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

ldent42 said:

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

demetrios said:

you mean by selling the AP for $200? Or is there a thing he is doing that I've missed
    If that is it. It sure isn't going to stop anything. Just make the people that miss out on the sale that want it, to have to pay more for it in the long run on the secondary market.