Options

The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

looks like Shuss knew he put out a dog. cant believe PJ would still release this if the artist wasnt even happy with it. this print is pure trash

That's pretty insulting. Why even put that on?
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 641
    no idea. he obviously feels like he needs to justify the print to fans
    Atlanta, GA 8/7/00...Atlanta, GA 4/19/03...Columbia, SC 6/16/08...New Orleans, LA 5/1/10...East Troy, WI 9/3/11... East Troy, WI 9/4/11... Atlanta, GA 9/22/12...Greenville, SC 4/16/16...Nashville, TN 9/16/22
  • Options
    igotid_8 said:

Suziemay said:

mwplum said:

Nothing will ever be worse for me than the Vancouver Wolfmanpig. Especially with it being a hometown show. I actually got off work early to drive out to the Coliseum to buy a poster early and didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw it for the first time.

I beg to differ:
    [url=http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/181664/243872][img]http://expressobeans.com/remote/23178:243872.jpg[/img][/url]

Argh. I can't remember how to post so that a nice picture shows up.
    Suziemay!
    Hi Bill! :hug:
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I don't think there are any of the Fenway posters I can't live without.
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411

As I predicted, two Ames dogs

True...but no monkey/chimpanzee/ape so it's kind of a win as far as I am concerned....
    is the baseball player on the Jackelope a mokey/chimpanzee/ape?
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,966
    wg said:

As I predicted, two Ames dogs

True...but no monkey/chimpanzee/ape so it's kind of a win as far as I am concerned....
    is the baseball player on the Jackelope a mokey/chimpanzee/ape?
    A caveman!
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,364
    I still think the Schuss print is really good. Don't be so hard on yourself, Kevin!
  • Options

I still think the Schuss print is really good. Don't be so hard on yourself, Kevin!

really good? in what way?
    Atlanta, GA 8/7/00...Atlanta, GA 4/19/03...Columbia, SC 6/16/08...New Orleans, LA 5/1/10...East Troy, WI 9/3/11... East Troy, WI 9/4/11... Atlanta, GA 9/22/12...Greenville, SC 4/16/16...Nashville, TN 9/16/22
  • Options
    edited August 2016

maybe in his opinion. i think its cool too. and i immediately saw the Hatch print thing... being from Tennessee, i dig it. and i like the setlist notes on the back... nice touch.
    I also like the Jackelope. but my opinion is just that... my opinion.
    Post edited by wg on
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,364
    edited August 2016

I'm a fan of the more simplistic stuff. That's why his cracker jack was gold and why so many of the 98 prints are so awesome - they aren't convoluted with superfluous detail. While I appreciate the intricacies of many of the more recent prints, to me simpler is better. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,648
    my first thought on the Shuss print was that it looked like a bad Hatch rip off. guess i was right. it is my least favorite by far.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,803

looks like Shuss knew he put out a dog. cant believe PJ would still release this if the artist wasnt even happy with it. this print is pure trash

I wanted to trash the design yesterday but I was like "Hey, to each their own." But now...

This is probably why there are 5 other posters.
  • Options

I'm a fan of the more simplistic stuff. That's why his cracker jack was gold and why so many of the 98 prints are so awesome - they aren't convoluted with superfluous detail. While I appreciate the intricacies of many of the more recent prints, to me simpler is better. Just my opinion.
    i understand liking the simplistic aspect of it and I like Hatch, a lot. I also like the cracker jack print a lot. But the artist admitted to ripping off Hatch and then admitted to doing a bad job at it. hard for me to get behind that. but art is all about the eye of the beholder, enjoy
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

i understand liking the simplistic aspect of it and I like Hatch, a lot. I also like the cracker jack print a lot. But the artist admitted to ripping off Hatch and then admitted to doing a bad job at it. hard for me to get behind that. but art is all about the eye of the beholder, enjoy
    I like it because it's red, white and blue and has a baseball player on it bearing a resemblance to The Kid.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    They should hire hatch to take Kevin's idea and make an actual hatch print of it for Wrigley.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363

+1

I like it too. It's no Cracker Jack, but I've seen far worse. In fact, I like the simple, clean, throwback design and to me, it's better than the Jackalope and the Green Lady. Truth be told, I like and would've bought all 6 of these had I been at Fenway for either of these shows.
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

I guess I have no idea about this stuff, as it was the best of the bunch for me. It reminds me of the Hall of Fame. Not one I needed to have, but it's old timey like the park itself without being too obvious (or too obtuse like the lady or the jackalope).

But, yeah. While honesty is great, I don't see the point of this.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,803
    If there was a little more detail to the baseball player (shading, anything), I'd be a much bigger fan of it. It feels unfinished or in a concept phase.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,649

Suziemay said:

I guess I have no idea about this stuff, as it was the best of the bunch for me. It reminds me of the Hall of Fame. Not one I needed to have, but it's old timey like the park itself without being too obvious (or too obtuse like the lady or the jackalope).

Yeah, with artwork people who don't like it will probably assume that it is art and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But Shuss basically just let everyone know they should just think it is bad.
  • Options
    tschav said:

If there was a little more detail to the baseball player (shading, anything), I'd be a much bigger fan of it. It feels unfinished or in a concept phase.

That makes sense. Maybe, he gave up on his idea and stopped short which the back would lead you to believe. He basically surrendered b/c of time or lack of interest.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    I love Kevin's concept - old Hatch-style baseball poster for PJ at a ballpark...so I ran with it a bit an came up with this extension of his idea and applied it to the Wrigley shows...just for fun (plus I now can't wait to see the Wrigley posters).
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    Washed said:

I love Kevin's concept - old Hatch-style baseball poster for PJ at a ballpark...so I ran with it a bit an came up with this extension of his idea and applied it to the Wrigley shows...just for fun (plus I now can't wait to see the Wrigley posters).

nice job!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Washed said:

Damn. That looks good.

ILL TAKE TWO!!
  • Options
    about ten times better than the show print
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,442
    Looks like Evers.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,083
    KS did a great job in the last Deep with all the guitar picks. He needs to do more of those and show every pick ever and that would be a master piece
  • Options

Suziemay said:

Yeah, with artwork people who don't like it will probably assume that it is art and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But Shuss basically just let everyone know they should just think it is bad.
    That's exactly my issue. Don't print it if it's not up to snuff. We don't need 6 posters anyway (or 5, or 4).

OK, I'll shut up now.
  • Options
    wg said:

Washed said:

Damn. That looks good.

ILL TAKE TWO!!
    Thanks! All in good fun!
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    what does the variant look like? lol
  • Options
    rssesq said:

what does the variant look like? lol

Ha - 6 variants, one with each band member rather than a ball player. That work?