Options

The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

wg said:

2 variants for the Thomas Poster.

Red (blue left fielder) and Orange (orange left fielder)

Yeah, that variant isn't much of a variant. A total of 400 APs should make it a bit easier to score one.
    I can see having a variant version. But 300 regular AP's? 300 is way to many regular AP's.
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,966
    EM194007 said:

wg said:

2 variants for the Thomas Poster.

Red (blue left fielder) and Orange (orange left fielder)

Yeah, that variant isn't much of a variant. A total of 400 APs should make it a bit easier to score one.
    I can see having a variant version. But 300 regular AP's? 300 is way to many regular AP's.
    I agree, 100 AP's plus 50 variants sounds more sensible. Maybe they really are printing a gazillion of the Fenway & Wrigley posters to stick it to the flippers. Be interesting to see they run sizes of the other AP's.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,442
    everything=3

Vitalogy reference?
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,364

everything=3

Vitalogy reference?

@tempo_n_groove Chris, was thinking the same thing. Also, on the Thomas Poster you'll see Boom has no numbers as Vitalogy was before Boom joined the band!
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,442

everything=3

Vitalogy reference?

@tempo_n_groove Chris, was thinking the same thing. Also, on the Thomas Poster you'll see Boom has no numbers as Vitalogy was before Boom joined the band!
    Glad someone else sees this!
  • Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Hey, good for him...that'll be a quick $40k
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,910
    @ SteveThomasArt

Update on the ‪#‎PJFenway‬ print. There is a regular version and a variant (red color to orange - I couldn't change the green, amiright??).
    Both will go on sale Monday, August 8 at 12 p.m. (noon) Eastern time. Instead of auctioning off one this time, I'm going to dedicate a portion of the proceeds to a charity. Not sure which one(s) yet.
    http://www.stevethomasart.com/#!limited-edition-prints/c6kj
    Follow the link for more information.
    The actual image links will change once the sale is live, but the page link will remain the same.
    If you are going to either show (or both) have a great time (I'm jealous).
    Thanks again!

• Options
    edited August 2016
    $95 regular AP of 300. $105 variant AP of 100.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,648
    it seems like all the album shows have been a day of decision. I'd be surprised if they picked out one of these as the vitalogy show and told the artist months ago.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Funny that flipping prices have plummeted but there are some idiots still listing the Thomas for $299.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Plus Ament is the only one that went 4 innings
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options

I agree, 100 AP's plus 50 variants sounds more sensible. Maybe they really are printing a gazillion of the Fenway & Wrigley posters to stick it to the flippers. Be interesting to see they run sizes of the other AP's.

100 AP's I was in, but 300 AP's, I'm out. That's an extra $39K in Steve's pocket just from the 400 AP sells (counting the (variant) on Monday. Glad your making the extra money Steve, but your killing the collectibilty market of your AP's. Make as many show edition posters as you want, but don't increase the # of AP's drastically.
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    demetrios said:

Sure hope on the day of the sale, he has them listed correctly with the pictures.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,854
    Big question -- are poster tubes allowed in Fenway?
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736

everything=3

Vitalogy reference?

You might be right, but I tweeted him on the day the posters to ask if the scores were significant and he responded: "Scores don't mean much, I just wanted to keep it even for the most part."

Maybe he can't say anything...who knows, though.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    They put the lyrics to Oceans on the back of the Klausen Ft. Lauderdale print and proceeded to not play it :lol:
  • Options

They put the lyrics to Oceans on the back of the Klausen Ft. Lauderdale print and proceeded to not play it :lol:

I thought for sure we were going to hear Oceans because of that being on the back of the poster.

Force of Nature lyrics on the back of the Miami Sperry poster and not played either.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    EM194007 said:

I thought for sure we were going to hear Oceans because of that being on the back of the poster.

Force of Nature lyrics on the back of the Miami Sperry poster and not played either.
    Masters of War themed poster in Memphis...
    didn't get the song!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

Masters of War themed poster in Memphis...
    didn't get the song!!

Very true as well.
  • Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290

Big question -- are poster tubes allowed in Fenway?

All I know is that for Foo Fighters last year they just had long bags, no tubes. I was guarding my posters the entire night from drunk girls
  • Options
    shawnb199shawnb199 Posts: 133
    Plenty of posters at the merch stands inside, including the Thomas.
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKS said:

demetrios said:

Sure hope on the day of the sale, he has them listed correctly with the pictures.
    Hopefully. Make sure to F5 before noon on Monday. Last few sales went up a little earlier before the original time drop.
  • Options
    JM55546JM55546 Posts: 129
    Yes poster tubes are available in stadium for $2
  • Options
    shawnb199 said:

Plenty of posters at the merch stands inside, including the Thomas.

That's good. Hope they are all available for sale at the 10club store. Maybe on August 10th?
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    demetrios said:
    How are these in person? Thinking about getting the green monster on Monday. Really dig this poster.

I just keep feeding the addiction. :)
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Yeah...I'm good.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    EM194007 said:

100 AP's I was in, but 300 AP's, I'm out. That's an extra $39K in Steve's pocket just from the 400 AP sells (counting the (variant) on Monday. Glad your making the extra money Steve, but your killing the collectibilty market of your AP's. Make as many show edition posters as you want, but don't increase the # of AP's drastically.
    First of all, the amount of APs is not just determined by the artist. It is an agreed to number between the artist and the employer (in this case, the band). In many cases, for artists that are not "famous" or well established in the print community yet, they have no say at all in the matter.

Additionally, many times the artist is paid solely in AP prints, meaning that that the band (or whoever the commissioner is) doesn't pay them anything except an agreed to amount of prints to sell on their own for whatever price they want.

Steve can't make however many prints he wants, so this isn't his fault. The number would lead me to believe there is an insane amount of show prints since 10% is a common AP run.

Point is there's much more that goes into all this than many realize.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    Trading cards too up @ Ames Bros this Monday?

• Options

EM194007 said:

First of all, the amount of APs is not just determined by the artist. It is an agreed to number between the artist and the employer (in this case, the band). In many cases, for artists that are not "famous" or well established in the print community yet, they have no say at all in the matter.

Additionally, many times the artist is paid solely in AP prints, meaning that that the band (or whoever the commissioner is) doesn't pay them anything except an agreed to amount of prints to sell on their own for whatever price they want.

Steve can't make however many prints he wants, so this isn't his fault. The number would lead me to believe there is an insane amount of show prints since 10% is a common AP run.

Point is there's much more that goes into all this than many realize.
    IMO, there has been more then 3,000 of his posters sold since Tuesday. If your going by the 10% rule. The 10% rule doesn't add up. Most of the AP's for 16 have been runs of 100. So, your saying there were only 1,000 posters at all the arena shows this year for sale then? I was told by the people at the merch trailer at a few shows, that there were more then 1,000 posters for sale.

There were a lot more then 1,000 Shuss Cracker Jack's made in 2013, and only 100 AP's.

I'm not holding it against Steve, I'm happy he's making $39K off his AP's. But with the mass amount they have sold at the show, then to do a overly large AP amount, with a variant, it kills the collectibilty market of an AP.

If that was 100% accurate. Then why did Steve first say on the 2nd, that there would be only 100 AP's for sale Monday the 8th at his website? Then on 5th he said there would be 100 variant AP's and 300 regular AP's then the 100 AP's he stated on the 2nd.

I know I'll be keeping my cash in my pocket on Monday because of the increase. And he'll still sell them all out to people trying to flip them. I'll wait and buy one of evilbay for less then the original cost. Just like a lot of AP's done this year.