The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    edited August 2016
    The Jackelope is exactly what you would think looking at the blurred image
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    I like all 5 thus far and would buy 1 of each for all 6... Even if 6 is ugly.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Boom is pitching!
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    Anyone see the second Ames?
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 516

Anyone see the second Ames?

• Options
    fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    Just got word that the line is a total mess. Looks like I'll be searching eBay this time unless someone wants to pick me up two Ames monsters ;)
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065

Just got word that the line is a total mess. Looks like I'll be searching eBay this time unless someone wants to pick me up two Ames monsters ;)

Disorganized?
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Steve Thomas one gets my vote for the top one. Unless the second ames is something spectacular.
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Disorganized?
    From what I was told, yes.
  • Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    I got Thomas, Mark 5 & Ames 1.....I am a very happy camper and glad I waited! The others were just eh to me.....Ames 2 had awesome colors but why a jackalope?
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,364
    edited August 2016
    @Redrumh2o, how far back were you?
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    Redrumh2o said:

I got Thomas, Mark 5 & Ames 1.....I am a very happy camper and glad I waited! The others were just eh to me.....Ames 2 had awesome colors but why a jackalope?

Was there a 2/person limit on each poster?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I was 34th in line. Got there around 8:30. The time went by pretty quickly as I talked to some nice people around me. Once doors opened it took me about 35 min to get in and 10 to make my purchase. Limits were 2 posters per style per person. Many people in front of me got the 12 that they could but there were still a lot left. I think every single person in front of me got 1-2 Thomas posters. Easily the favorite!
    Post edited by Redrumh2o on
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,651
    12 posters...for personal use.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

12 posters...for personal use.

Seriously. That's just not right.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I was 34th in line. Got there around 8:30. The time went by pretty quickly as I talked to some nice people around me. Once doors opened it took me about 35 min to get in and 10 to make my purchase. Limits were 2 posters per style per person. Many people in front of me got the 12 that they could but there were still a lot left. I think every single person in front of me got 1-2 Thomas posters. Easily the favorite!

I am not a profiler but there were definitely some people in line that did not belong. The 2 guys in front purchased ALL the pennants and another dude had 4 stacks of clothing piled up to his head. I saw another guy with a shopping bag FULL of wrist bands.....dude must sweat a lot!

I got my Thomas, Mark 5 & Ames 1 posters along with my patches so I am happy I decided to stand in line. Overall it wasn't too bad and at least the people gave me some entertainment,
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    Redrumh2o said:

10 mins to make the purchase?! What were you doing trying on each shirt? No wonder lines take so long. (J/K op I'm sure the merch staff were taking a long time grabbing each item for you :) )
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    They had trouble finding stuff as no one knew what was sold out and what was still available. It was a poop show behind the counter. Also the CC machine did not work lol
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    Redrumh2o said:

They had trouble finding stuff as no one knew what was sold out and what was still available. It was a poop show behind the counter. Also the CC machine did not work lol

Wow the cc machine wasn't working... So now you have people running out of line to atm's. Glad I won't be there until Sunday afternoon, and maybe I grab something inside, no way I'm waiting in line. All I want is a koozie anyway.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    So people actually had $420 cash on them to purchase 12 posters. Sounds like the merch table better have an Armored truck to take away all the piles of cash coming in the door!
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,678
    I would rank them
    1) Thomas
    2) Green monster
    3) Mark 5
    4) Eaton
    5) Shuss

Haven't seen the other Ames yet
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    spinchikspinchik Posts: 56
    So I was just ready to drive up 90 min. Worth it? Anything left?
    "we are Given To Fly using Parachutes to Breakerfall landing on the Marker In The Sand. we are just Driftin down the Long Road of life for Nothings As It Seems, it's a roll of Gods' Dice and in the end we all Go into Thin Air. so Smile when you are Down - You Are your own Pilate in life; Release the Leash and don't regret a Life Wasted, live in the Present Tense, and Hold On for you will Soon Forget the Insignificance of it all."
  • Options
    jjm33jjm33 Posts: 199
    Similar...planned to get there after work around 6pm. Are they going to have anything?
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    edited August 2016
    Tried post Pic did't work
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,678
    EM194007 said:

I would rank them
    1) Thomas
    2) Green monster
    3) Mark 5
    4) Eaton
    5) Shuss

Haven't seen the other Ames yet

Hope this works.

[URL=http://s284.photobucket.com/user/smokecoupe/media/Tony Stewart/boston.jpg.html][IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/smokecoupe/Tony Stewart/boston.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    I just saw it. Its tied with Shuss for 5 a and B. Both of them I never care to own.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,949
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    just wonder..when the artist finidhed the Jackelope poster,,he look at it and was happy with it??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    spinchikspinchik Posts: 56
    Now I understand where Jackelope came from! Whoa
    "we are Given To Fly using Parachutes to Breakerfall landing on the Marker In The Sand. we are just Driftin down the Long Road of life for Nothings As It Seems, it's a roll of Gods' Dice and in the end we all Go into Thin Air. so Smile when you are Down - You Are your own Pilate in life; Release the Leash and don't regret a Life Wasted, live in the Present Tense, and Hold On for you will Soon Forget the Insignificance of it all."
  • Options
    jjm33jjm33 Posts: 199
    I expected Ames Bros to bring the Whale back...either a green whale or a whale battling a green sea creature of some type...
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,801
    demetrios said:

Finally a poster worse than the Vancouver "Wolfman"!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24