Hardest ticket of the Tour

13»

Comments

• pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Posts: 576
    edited March 2016
    Philly Parking lot > nyc bar

And you talking drugs, booze and a dive bar I'm in for Sunday nyc. Get at me with details
    Post edited by pawlowski1097 on
  • And if you want over priced booze and shitty food go to xfinity live.

I will be there for thursday wish list party. Haha
  • And if you want over priced booze and shitty food go to xfinity live.

I will be there for thursday wish list party. Haha

we'll be partying the lot in phila, feel free to join. also down for a dive party in ny, i'll send you my #...
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020

Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Philly shows always kick ass and the tailgate is top notch

Knowing where to go in NYC beforehand >>>>>> tailgating in that boring ass parking lot.

I mean, as a general rule NYC bars >>>>> parking lots.

Also, I can't wear my Mets hat when I'm down there without risking getting my ass kicked and I feel naked without my Mets hat on.
    wear it with pride Saltzy. we Phils fans have nothing to open our mouth about right now. ... but i have to disagree, a spring day outside with plenty of food, booze, and recreational drugs beats sitting in a bar for me any day. i sit in bars enough as it is, and there arent many places left for a old fashioned tailgate.
    To each their own.

However: outside with plenty of food, booze, and recreational drugs

Can easily be addressed with a bar with an outdoor patio or rooftop and a Pax 2.

I hear ya though. I have Giants season tickets and I love tailgating more than almost anything else.

I just think for concerts at MSG it feels like so much more of an 'event' when you are drinking in NYC in the shadow of the most famous arena in the world as opposed to walking through a parking lot.
    I enjoy the tailgating simply because it's so much cheaper. You can spend $30 and have food and beers for the whole day, where as you'll spend twice that in a bar. Add in having to wait for a bartender or waiter/waitress to get your stuff and gimme a nice outdoor tailgate all day, everyday.

if i get outa the bar in NY for 60$ it would be a miracle. The first round i buy will probably be 60$...
    Haha! I thought that right after I posted it. Probably more like 5-6 tmes as much.

I am liking the $10 pitchers though. That's right up my alley!!
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138

LC said:

Just wondering why MSG night 1 so much tougher than MSG night 2? Sunday vs. Monday? Gonna be too tired to bring their A game for night 2?

Both nights they will bring their A game. But most of the crowd going to one show would rather see non- workday over a workday.
    Every time I see someone mention 'to one show' I have this mini convo with myself...people go to one show only? Yeah. Really? Most people actually. Huh?
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,404
    wall232 said:

mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

mcgruff10 said:

Suziemay said:

LC said:

Just wondering why MSG night 1 so much tougher than MSG night 2? Sunday vs. Monday? Gonna be too tired to bring their A game for night 2?

Sunday vs Monday. Otherwise typically night 2 would be harder, because MSG2 shows are legendary.
    2003 ;)
    Good point... and 2010 Night 2 was special because it was the tour closer... tour closers are always "epic"

I think Night 1 is the way to go in 2016
    Having been to every pj msg show I honestly feel msg shows are overrated.
    Blasphemy!
    Seriously bro. Night 2 98 was The best show I ever saw in my life but what 98 show wasn't amazing? Night 1 03 was kick ass but of the shows I saw in 03 i d take orlando, spectrum, penn state and Holmdel over that one.
    08 shows were meh. I thought dc was better.
    Both nights in 2010 were spectacular (night 2 was def better) but hartford was just as good.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    edited March 2016
    I'm going straight from the Mets matinee on Sunday, so I really have no idea what my plans are gonna be yet.

Monday I'll probably leave work and grab a pitcher or 2 at Down The Hatch though if anyone wants to meet up though.

Sunday is probably like $15 a pitcher, cause there is no happy hour, but I think they will still have the $30 all you can eat wings and fries and 2 pitchers of beer special going on.

Monday for sure it's cheap ass pitchers. The whole bar is 1/2 off from like 5-8 or some shit.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited March 2016
    NYC bars? Lol, beat it with that noise...

Give me a good tailgate every single time... a tailgate is like an outdoor bar with 15,000 people... except with better food & drinks

Fuck a bar
    I want to be clear here. I love tailgating. Love. It.
    I do it 8 times a year.
    I'm saying there is something about going out in NYC the night of a MSG PJ show that is magical, and cant be compared to a parking lot.

Also, what if it freaking rains?
  • Saltzy23 said:

I want to be clear here. I love tailgating. Love. It.
    I do it 8 times a year.
    I'm saying there is something about going out in NYC the night of a MSG PJ show that is magical, and cant be compared to a parking lot.

Also, what if it freaking rains?

definitely weather permitting...
    i'll see you Monday for wings, beer, herbals, and vomit.
    edited March 2016
    Before a show in nyc in 2010 I baught six packs and sat out from of the holiday inn msg where I was staying and boozed and tailgated there.

Also isint there a bar right down the street from msg ? An Irish bar, I was it it a few years ago i was drinking beers and didn't think they were over priced at all. This place still open ?
    Post edited by pawlowski1097 on
  • Molly wee pub, just googled it. Looked on their webpage and it says they have beers of the month and drink specials. This month is budlite and Miller lite for 4$ a beer. I'm prob going to this place before the show.
  • i somehow managed to score msg x 2 and philly x 2 within like 2 hours they went on sale...not the best seats but i am in the building. i get lucky with ticketmaster. but msg was pretty difficult.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 14,993

Before a show in nyc in 2010 I baught six packs and sat out from of the holiday inn msg where I was staying and boozed and tailgated there.

Also isint there a bar right down the street from msg ? An Irish bar, I was it it a few years ago i was drinking beers and didn't think they were over priced at all. This place still open ?

Stout? It's on 33rd.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    Saltzy23 said:

I'm going straight from the Mets matinee on Sunday, so I really have no idea what my plans are gonna be yet.

Monday I'll probably leave work and grab a pitcher or 2 at Down The Hatch though if anyone wants to meet up though.

Sunday is probably like $15 a pitcher, cause there is no happy hour, but I think they will still have the $30 all you can eat wings and fries and 2 pitchers of beer special going on.

Monday for sure it's cheap ass pitchers. The whole bar is 1/2 off from like 5-8 or some shit.

How far a walk is Down the Hatch?

A friend mentioned Walter's and Tracks? Any thoughts on those places? I looked at the Walter's website and see that they have a PBR special (2 for $5). Sounds like my type of place, haha.
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542

The MSG or Philly shows.

Fenway and Wrigley will be easy tix to get for face come show time. Don't cave and go to Stubhub!

I highly doubt that. But lets hope you're right.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

Saltzy23 said:

How far a walk is Down the Hatch?

A friend mentioned Walter's and Tracks? Any thoughts on those places? I looked at the Walter's website and see that they have a PBR special (2 for $5). Sounds like my type of place, haha.
    Ha, far. It's on West 4th and 6th and the Garden is on 33rd and 7th. It's a subway ride. Honestly, there are a bazillion bars around the Garden, midtown, and NYC in general. I think the old saying is that you could go to a different bar every night from your 21st birthday on in NYC and still be going to new ones when you were 50. Like I said, Down the Hatch is just the place I have gone to before concerts as my own personal tradition. I will say in general though that it is MUCH harder to find cheap places to drink in the midtown area than down in the village or LES. I'd much rather drink downtown and either take a subway or a 10 minute cab ride then spend like $8 a beer in midtown.

Again, I'm gonna walk over to the Hatch after work on Monday (as I work like 10 minutes away) and have my traditional pitcher(s) of shitty bud light and awesome chicken quesadilla before I meet up with my married with 2 kids, boring as fuck, central Jersey daddy best friend of 30 years who has never been to a PJ show, and up to this point thinks that Bon fucking Jovi is the best concert he's ever been to.
  • on2legs said:

Stout? It's on 33rd.
    Molly wee pub that's where I'll be before the shows.
  • The MSG or Philly shows.

Fenway and Wrigley will be easy tix to get for face come show time. Don't cave and go to Stubhub!

Fenway is twice the size of the venues PJ typically plays. There will be tickets for face outside. Any Fenway show I've ever been to there have been cheap tix outside- this includes, The Police, Billy Joel, Foo Fighters, etc...
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542

The MSG or Philly shows.

Fenway is twice the size of the venues PJ typically plays. There will be tickets for face outside. Any Fenway show I've ever been to there have been cheap tix outside- this includes, The Police, Billy Joel, Foo Fighters, etc...
    Maybe. But The Police, Billy Joel, and Foo Fighters ain't no Pearl Jam.

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,404
    edited March 2016

The MSG or Philly shows.

Maybe. But The Police, Billy Joel, and Foo Fighters ain't no Pearl Jam.

you are right, those bands are probably more popular than pj.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited March 2016
    Prob have more fans. But Pearl jams fans are the more loyal and dedicated. Plus foo fighters are average live. Same show all tour, can't say I've ever seen the other two tho.
  • Hands down. Not even close its MSG # 1 .
    People can't even buy a behind stage ticket for less than double face.
    Easily the hardest ticket of the tour and continues to get harder to find. If I come across and upgrade I'll sell my extra to someone but shit I can't even find anyone tradeing or anyone with an extra. Looks like I should just be happy I have a behind stage bar stool ticket and stop looking.
  • bmulvanybmulvany Posts: 156
    edited March 2016

Hands down. Not even close its MSG # 1 .
    People can't even buy a behind stage ticket for less than double face.
    Easily the hardest ticket of the tour and continues to get harder to find. If I come across and upgrade I'll sell my extra to someone but shit I can't even find anyone tradeing or anyone with an extra. Looks like I should just be happy I have a behind stage bar stool ticket and stop looking.

It's mental

Who have all the tickets gone to? Never seen a show like it before

I have now managed to get a ticketmaster ticket section 213 through a swap for extra night 2 GA and delighted with that now

I even turned down a swap for a 10C reserved the day after lottery in a gamble to try and wait for a GA swap which clearly didn't work out
    Post edited by bmulvany on