Hardest ticket of the Tour

Comments

• seanwonseanwon Posts: 444
    LC said:

Just wondering why MSG night 1 so much tougher than MSG night 2? Sunday vs. Monday? Gonna be too tired to bring their A game for night 2?

i was wondering this also. Maybe because night 2 will be their 4th show in 5 days?
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
    2024: 9/3 MSG 1, 9/4 MSG 2 , 9/15 Fenway 1, 9/17 Fenway 2
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    LC said:

Just wondering why MSG night 1 so much tougher than MSG night 2? Sunday vs. Monday? Gonna be too tired to bring their A game for night 2?

Sunday vs Monday. Otherwise typically night 2 would be harder, because MSG2 shows are legendary.
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    zman said:

msg1 sec 108, row 1, seat 1 and 2, hardest seats to get on the tour

As opposed to the same seats in section 116?
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,404
    Suziemay said:

LC said:

Sunday vs Monday. Otherwise typically night 2 would be harder, because MSG2 shows are legendary.
    2003 ;)

don't forget in 2010 you had shows in hartford, newark, d.c. and boston which in turn took some pressure off the msg shows.
    in 2013 there were lots of shows that surrounded the barclays concerts. This year, two shows in philly then nada.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited March 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

Suziemay said:

LC said:

2003 ;)
    Good point... and 2010 Night 2 was special because it was the tour closer... tour closers are always "epic"

I think Night 1 is the way to go in 2016
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    LC said:

Both nights they will bring their A game. But most of the crowd going to one show would rather see non- workday over a workday.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    LC said:

It seems the same with Wrigley. I've seen a lot of "I've got Wrigley 2 tickets, does anyone want to trade for Wrigley 1" threads, but not the other way around. I suppose weekend shows are easier for people to attend.
  • The MSG or Philly shows.

Fenway and Wrigley will be easy tix to get for face come show time. Don't cave and go to Stubhub!
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,404
    my2hands said:

mcgruff10 said:

Suziemay said:

LC said:

2003 ;)
    Good point... and 2010 Night 2 was special because it was the tour closer... tour closers are always "epic"

Having been to every pj msg show I honestly feel msg shows are overrated.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Philly shows always kick ass and the tailgate is top notch
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,351
    zman said:

msg1 sec 108, row 1, seat 1 and 2, hardest seats to get on the tour

im pretty sure those arent 10c seats
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1 '21 Jersey Shore '22 MSG  '24: MSG1, MSG2
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

mcgruff10 said:

Suziemay said:

LC said:

2003 ;)

Blasphemy!
    NYPJ
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,011
    BC136258 said:

Lower bowl at Toronto 2 is difficult too because there was no 10c pre sale. So the whole building was practically bought up by scalpels.

Some surgeons should show up and surgically remove those tickets. Sorry, couldn't leave that one hanging.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    MSG 1 no doubt hardest ticket to get. No question
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2

Philly shows always kick ass and the tailgate is top notch

Knowing where to go in NYC beforehand >>>>>> tailgating in that boring ass parking lot.

I mean, as a general rule NYC bars >>>>> parking lots.

Also, I can't wear my Mets hat when I'm down there without risking getting my ass kicked and I feel naked without my Mets hat on.
  • Saltzy23 said:

Knowing where to go in NYC beforehand >>>>>> tailgating in that boring ass parking lot.

Also, I can't wear my Mets hat when I'm down there without risking getting my ass kicked and I feel naked without my Mets hat on.
    wear it with pride Saltzy. we Phils fans have nothing to open our mouth about right now. ... but i have to disagree, a spring day outside with plenty of food, booze, and recreational drugs beats sitting in a bar for me any day. i sit in bars enough as it is, and there arent many places left for a old fashioned tailgate.
    Saltzy23 said:

I'll be wearing my Mets hat, as i always do when I head to Philly. I always feel so welcomed when I'm there.
    NYPJ

Saltzy23 said:

wear it with pride Saltzy. we Phils fans have nothing to open our mouth about right now. ... but i have to disagree, a spring day outside with plenty of food, booze, and recreational drugs beats sitting in a bar for me any day. i sit in bars enough as it is, and there arent many places left for a old fashioned tailgate.
    To each their own.

However: outside with plenty of food, booze, and recreational drugs

Can easily be addressed with a bar with an outdoor patio or rooftop and a Pax 2.

I hear ya though. I have Giants season tickets and I love tailgating more than almost anything else.

I just think for concerts at MSG it feels like so much more of an 'event' when you are drinking in NYC in the shadow of the most famous arena in the world as opposed to walking through a parking lot.

Saltzy23 said:

I agree with this, I love the bars around MSG, but tailgating with all of these being present is much nicer. I just wish I didn't have to work Friday and then drive down for the show or else I would be participating in all of this fun.
    NYPJ
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    mcgruff10 said:

my2hands said:

mcgruff10 said:

Suziemay said:

LC said:

2003 ;)

I'll take your GA tix then ;)
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Posts: 2,209
    edited March 2016
    Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

To each their own.

Can easily be addressed with a bar with an outdoor patio or rooftop and a Pax 2.

I hear ya though. I have Giants season tickets and I love tailgating more than almost anything else.

I just think for concerts at MSG it feels like so much more of an 'event' when you are drinking in NYC in the shadow of the most famous arena in the world as opposed to walking through a parking lot.
    i hear you. i look forward to getting up there. you have any suggestions where to go then? i'll have some oil to share... of the medical variety.

• CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

To each their own.

I enjoy the tailgating simply because it's so much cheaper. You can spend $30 and have food and beers for the whole day, where as you'll spend twice that in a bar. Add in having to wait for a bartender or waiter/waitress to get your stuff and gimme a nice outdoor tailgate all day, everyday.

• Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

To each their own.

I enjoy the tailgating simply because it's so much cheaper. You can spend $30 and have food and beers for the whole day, where as you'll spend twice that in a bar. Add in having to wait for a bartender or waiter/waitress to get your stuff and gimme a nice outdoor tailgate all day, everyday.

if i get outa the bar in NY for 60$ it would be a miracle. The first round i buy will probably be 60$...

Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

To each their own.

if i get outa the bar in NY for 60$ it would be a miracle. The first round i buy will probably be 60$...
    Dudes.....dudes.....

Dudes.

The place I go to in the village is like $10 pitchers.

Ya, midtown or uptown is expensive. There are some real shitholes in the village that are cheaper than almost any bar you'll ever go to.

What are we now? Classy or some shit? Shesus.
  • derbydavederbydave Posts: 11,254

Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

To each their own.

I wanna party with you...
    OH...
    WAIT...

I have partied with YOU!!!! :rofl:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

To each their own.

Dudes.....dudes.....

Dudes.

Ya, midtown or uptown is expensive. There are some real shitholes in the village that are cheaper than almost any bar you'll ever go to.

hell no. can i get a name to one or two of these shitholes?
  • derbydave said:

Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

To each their own.

I wanna party with you...
    OH...
    WAIT...

I have partied with YOU!!!! :rofl:
    if i'm with 3-5 other people, everyone orders a drink, whoever wants a shot gets a shot, you tip the server, youre closer to 60 than 30 right there... not a complaint saltzy, just an observation. but if you got the names of the dives, please share. i prefer a dive any day.

We will do some partying Dave, starting in VA soon enough...

Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

To each their own.

Dudes.....dudes.....

Dudes.

I have an OCD habit about going to a place called Down the Hatch on West 4th and 6th before every show I go to. It's a little college-y, but the beer is cheap and the chicken quesadilla is the shit.

Walk out, (smoke, possibly vomit) go down one set of stairs, get on train, be at Garden in 10 mins.
  • Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

Saltzy23 said:

To each their own.

Dudes.....dudes.....

Dudes.

I have an OCD habit about going to a place called Down the Hatch on West 4th and 6th before every show I go to. It's a little college-y, but the beer is cheap and the chicken quesadilla is the shit.

Walk out, (smoke, possibly vomit) go down one set of stairs, get on train, be at Garden in 10 mins.
    hahaha... now youre speaking my language. see you Down The Hatch...
  • Holly9075Holly9075 Posts: 195
    edited March 2016
    I was lucky to score a lower bowl for TO night 2.As I was pulling into my driveway my phone started going insane with texts about night 2 tickets being released. I ran into my house threw everything down and went to my laptop and my phone.Took the first ticket that came up.Lower bowl Sec101 :bee:
    Post edited by Holly9075 on

Mexico City 28/11/15   Chicago 20/08/16    Boston 04/09/2018
    Quebec City 05/05/16  Chicago 22/08/16
    Ottawa 08/05/16          Taormina 26/06/17
    Toronto 10/05/16         Taormina 27/06/17
    Toronto 11/05/16         Boston 02/09/2018