Options

Madison Square Garden Tenclub ticket holders, we can have our tickets shipped to us

Comments

• Options
    pdalowsky said:

I expect the carrier on these is quoting these high figures for shipping - not the Tenc.

Perhaps there are cheaper carriers out there but im sure international post is going with a tracked and signed for service and that's just the cost being charged. I know from using fedex previously from the Uk to the USA the price of such a service is not at all cheap

But I do not imagine any international member opting to do this when they can be picked up for free?

I guess what Im saying is don't blame the 10c here, its just a service they appear to have to offer and are doing so at the cost to them.

FedEx 2 day shipping with tracking and signature costs me $18us when I request tickets from the dmb fan club.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    edited March 2016
    i was looking at bruce at barclays tix - it said they were credit card entry only - isn't that a violation of this law?
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

i was looking at bruce at barclays tix - it said they were credit card entry only - isn't that a violation of this law?

I think that was there by mistake. At checkout, you could still select having the tickets mailed to you. I don't remember if eTickets was an option. I already received my tix.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    Has anyone received their MSG ticketmaster tickets yet?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

Delivery Delay is lifted on the 4th of March
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567

on2legs said:

Delivery Delay is lifted on the 4th of March
    Cool. Thanks.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Adi TAdi T New York City Posts: 148
    I opted to get them shipped just for convenience, not that I would ever think of selling my 10c tickets. I probably won't have to leave work a couple of hours earlier on Monday May 2 in order to get the tickets, so it was well worth it for me.

That being said, I am pretty certain people will abuse this, and I can see several singles floating in the market for several hundred / thousands of dollars. I hope 10c does something to minimize scalping. I would think 10c has booked entire rows, for them to be able to track down 10c offenders.
    2003: Camden 7/6 | MSG 7/8 | MSG 7/9
    2006: East Rutherford 6/1 | East Rutherford 6/3
    2008: MSG 6/24 | MSG 6/25 | EV Solo Newark 8/7
    2010: MSG 5/20 | MSG 5/21
    2011: PJ20 Alpine Valley 9/3 | PJ20 Alpine Valley 9/4
    2012: EV Solo Orlando 11/27
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18 | Brooklyn 10/19
    2015: Central Park 9/26 | Mexico City 11/28
    2016: Fort Lauderdale 4/8 | Miami 4/9 | New Orleans 4/23 | Philadelphia 4/27 | MSG 5/1 | MSG 5/2
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,506
    I just hope that reserved seating seniority is fully decided before they start shipping these and whether you do this or don't it isn't affected at all
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 510

I just hope that reserved seating seniority is fully decided before they start shipping these and whether you do this or don't it isn't affected at all

I emailed 10C about this and they said, yes seat location is assigned prior to the shipping and whether your ship or not, the tickets will be the same.
  • Options
    TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    Can't make up my mind, are the lines that painful to collect 10c tickets on the venue?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Can't make up my mind, are the lines that painful to collect 10c tickets on the venue?

I've never stood in line longer than 5 minutes... usually you're in and out in 120 seconds
  • Options
    TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    Thank you, sounds great as I was expecting a couple of hours or so. No purpose on getting the tickets mailed for me then.
  • Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    Adi T said:

I opted to get them shipped just for convenience, not that I would ever think of selling my 10c tickets. I probably won't have to leave work a couple of hours earlier on Monday May 2 in order to get the tickets, so it was well worth it for me.

That being said, I am pretty certain people will abuse this, and I can see several singles floating in the market for several hundred / thousands of dollars. I hope 10c does something to minimize scalping. I would think 10c has booked entire rows, for them to be able to track down 10c offenders.

I did the same. Just gives me a little more flexibility, including the ability to give my ticket buddy for MSG1 his ticket a night early (i have MSG 2 tickets). While i think its tough to combat, i do hope the 10C can track and punish those who abuse the system. Not sure i have any meaningful suggestions on that topic.
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,506
    Luckytwn1 said:

I emailed 10C about this and they said, yes seat location is assigned prior to the shipping and whether your ship or not, the tickets will be the same.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    Dercheef said:

Funfact: To ship these tickets to germany the 10c wants 110$.

That's INSANE!!
    Shit, I thought $17 was crazy...

In America we refer to that as taking it with no Vasoline!

• Options
    js2371js2371 Posts: 2
    Anyone else having issues with the link sent in email to have tickets shipped? It takes me to Google home page or to "tickets" in the club section, but no form to fill out. I emailed tenclub but they haven't responded yet. I tried on multiple IOS and Windows devices, same thing.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    js2371 said:

Anyone else having issues with the link sent in email to have tickets shipped? It takes me to Google home page or to "tickets" in the club section, but no form to fill out. I emailed tenclub but they haven't responded yet. I tried on multiple IOS and Windows devices, same thing.

I initially had trouble, when clicking the link from their email. But pasting this in to a new window worked for me:

http://www.pearljam.com/tickets/shipping
  • Options
    js2371js2371 Posts: 2
    Bless you Sarava.
  • Options
    bat2144bat2144 Posts: 33
    This is terrible. It's convenient for me since I work on Mondays and can't get to MSG until right before showtime, so I got them shipped. But this is awful for the future. Now brokers know they can join the tenclub for New York tickets. Can we start some type of petition to only allow up to a certain tenclub member number to be allowed in the lotteries for MSG? I will volunteer to take a newer tenclub member with me to a show if it means brokers don't have access to the lottery. This was the one scalper-free zone in my life! &%@#!$!
    i was a fool b/c i thought the world
  • Options
    danimal59danimal59 Rhode Island Posts: 65
    bat2144 said:

This is terrible. It's convenient for me since I work on Mondays and can't get to MSG until right before showtime, so I got them shipped. But this is awful for the future. Now brokers know they can join the tenclub for New York tickets. Can we start some type of petition to only allow up to a certain tenclub member number to be allowed in the lotteries for MSG? I will volunteer to take a newer tenclub member with me to a show if it means brokers don't have access to the lottery. This was the one scalper-free zone in my life! &%@#!$!

So are you proposing someone like me possibly wouldn't be eligible for the lottery since I only joined 10c recently?
    2016.08.07 - Boston, MA Fenway Park
    2016.05.02 - NYC, Madison Square Garden
    2015.09.26 - NYC, Central Park, Global Citizen Festival
    2014.10.17 - Detroit, MI, Joe Louis Arena
    2010.05.17 - Boston, MA, TD Garden
  • Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,413
    HMMM... $17 to cure the seat location curiousity.... Didnt love my 10c tickets for MSG in 2010... my # is 210xxx and I was in the middle of the reserved floor seats.

2 more months!!!!
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options
    PDFs were printable at 3PM yesterday. Hard tickets should be printed shortly
  • Options
    danimal59 said:

bat2144 said:

So are you proposing someone like me possibly wouldn't be eligible for the lottery since I only joined 10c recently?
    Yes. Sorry. But yes.
  • Options
    FlameryFlamery New York Posts: 256
    bat2144 said:

danimal59 said:

bat2144 said:

Yes. Sorry. But yes.
    That's ridiculous.
  • Options
    RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
    NYCPJ said:

Adi T said:

I did the same. Just gives me a little more flexibility, including the ability to give my ticket buddy for MSG1 his ticket a night early (i have MSG 2 tickets). While i think its tough to combat, i do hope the 10C can track and punish those who abuse the system. Not sure i have any meaningful suggestions on that topic.
    Don't have to worry about the ticket tellers changing your tickets with the scalpers. It appeared something went down at Barclay or other shows
  • Options
    danimal59danimal59 Rhode Island Posts: 65
    bat2144 said:

danimal59 said:

bat2144 said:

Yes. Sorry. But yes.
    How do you propose to put your system in place so that people like me, who pay the same annual membership as you, get access to the tickets that you plan to voluntarily share with 'new' 10c members?

-In your plan, when the older members sign-up for the show will there be a new feature in the lottery to voluntarily designate a ticket to a new member like me?

-And when new 10c members can't sign-up for the actual show lottery, will we at least be able to show our interest to go with an older member like you?

I am really interested in understanding how all this is going to work.

2016.08.07 - Boston, MA Fenway Park
    2016.05.02 - NYC, Madison Square Garden
    2015.09.26 - NYC, Central Park, Global Citizen Festival
    2014.10.17 - Detroit, MI, Joe Louis Arena
    2010.05.17 - Boston, MA, TD Garden
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    look most people do not re sell their seats from 10 club. i don't believe it's an epidemic. remember its a lottery situation so even if the wrong people join they don't automatically get tickets.their number would be high and their only shot is ga's which odds make it quite poor. this is no crisis
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 349
    Further evidence of the NY AG looking at for the little guy. Keep up the good work, Eric. You are doing a bang up job.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    I'm very confused how this allows anyone to sell their tickets that didn't/wouldn't anyway.

The only advantage you have is that you can list them as 'UPS' now and list them earlier as opposed to the day of the concert, but that's pretty much it.

Anyone with GA still can't list them as A. They are gonna be the only ones posted and it's gonna be VERY easy to track who did so and B. based on the email you still need to pick up your wristband the day of the show anyway.

If you plan on selling them, as long as you have a buyer lined up I don't really see how this allows or prevents anything.

I'm going to the Mets matinee on Sunday and need to pass right by MSG on my way up anyway. I see no reason to pay $17 when I can just grab em at like noon on 5/1.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    danimal59 said:

bat2144 said:

danimal59 said:

bat2144 said:

Yes. Sorry. But yes.
    How do you propose to put your system in place so that people like me, who pay the same annual membership as you, get access to the tickets that you plan to voluntarily share with 'new' 10c members?

-In your plan, when the older members sign-up for the show will there be a new feature in the lottery to voluntarily designate a ticket to a new member like me?

-And when new 10c members can't sign-up for the actual show lottery, will we at least be able to show our interest to go with an older member like you?

I am really interested in understanding how all this is going to work.

Relax son. I'm just bitter because being in the tenclub used to mean something. It was the greatest thing in the world. We used to get two seats to ANY SHOW we wanted. It has devolved into this sad lottery system which gives no advantage to someone like me who has been a member for 20 years over someone who joined yesterday. Who knows how much longer the band is going to play. It just sucks. And it forces me to have to deal with ticketmaster, which makes me want to set fire to the whole planet.