Scalia dead

12345679»

Comments

• SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    JC29856 said:

Is the Obomba not attending Scalia services on Sat true?
    If so is it a big deal?

Pimps don't attend douches funerals. Been like that since forever.
    JC29856 said:

mickeyrat said:

It's possible that he was looking at the level of of disruption that comes with a presidential visit or presence at an event.

For all we know he has contacted the family and secured their permission or blessing to be absent.

Pres is going Friday privately.
    If the family requested he not go then the family should say so not the Pres. I doubt he gives a shit what people think anyway.
    But Muskydansers will be upset.

"lemme give him a piece of my mind..."

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Smellyman said:

JC29856 said:

If so is it a big deal?

Pimps don't attend douches funerals. Been like that since forever.
    But presidents attend justice's funerals.

If Obama has a great reason for not attending (whether he had other obligations, or was asked by Scalia's family not to attend), he should say why. Otherwise some of us might look at him as politicking which won't help with the process of nominating and confirming Scalia's replacement. Obama needs to be the bigger man, and attempt to work with the republicans. It is his job. It will then be congress' job to carefully consider the nomination, and if Obama puts up a qualified candidate (hopefully someone the republicans already confirmed for a lower court seat), then it will be on the republicans to confirm his nomination. But if Obama starts playing politics before the nomination is even made, then it will be dead on arrival, and all parties will be to blame.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,346
    This according to Politico:

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest revealed the president’s plans during the daily briefing, saying Obama and first lady Michelle Obama will go to the Supreme Court on Friday “to pay their respects to Justice Scalia” while the justice lies in repose in the Great Hall. Vice President Joe Biden and his wife Jill Biden, who share Scalia’s Catholic faith, will be at the services instead.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/obama-no-scalia-funeral-219384#ixzz40Xkcyium
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,167
    muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

If so is it a big deal?

He probably has a tee time which to me is Obummers only redeeming quality being a golfer. What really pisses me off is all the golf this phony plays he is still a total chop...I mean really really bad. What I wouldn't give to Stick it to ole Barry on the course and then share some stories about the storefront rev-runs and community activists of Chicago we both know very well from back in the day.
    Yeah specially since he's the 1st sitting president to golf on a regular basis he should be better oh but you know what I bet he would school you in some Bball though
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited February 2016
    muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

If so is it a big deal?

He probably has a tee time which to me is Obummers only redeeming quality being a golfer. What really pisses me off is all the golf this phony plays he is still a total chop...I mean really really bad. What I wouldn't give to Stick it to ole Barry on the course and then share some stories about the storefront rev-runs and community activists of Chicago we both know very well from back in the day.
    Don't think O will take HALF the vacation days as W.
    W was even more busy keeping America safe from all those sleeper cell terrorists.
    Just saying
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • scalia blew off obama's state of the union speech multiple times. he showed obama no respect on a publicly many times.

obama is not going to no show out of spite, but i wish he was.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,887
    edited February 2016

Yeah and Obama and his team know it's going to be made a big deal so very confusing

Maybe, just maybe, the President of the United States of America has something else going on that is too important to cancel....
    I'd say that visiting the body and sending the VP is more than adequate.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:

Yeah and Obama and his team know it's going to be made a big deal so very confusing

Maybe, just maybe, the President of the United States of America has something else going on that is too important to cancel....
    I'd say that visiting the body and sending the VP is more than adequate.
    i agree. it is not like he was john roberts or something.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    JC29856 said:

mickeyrat said:

It's possible that he was looking at the level of of disruption that comes with a presidential visit or presence at an event.

For all we know he has contacted the family and secured their permission or blessing to be absent.

I doubt he gives a shit what people think anyway.
    But enough about Scalia.

JC29856 said:

mickeyrat said:

I doubt he gives a shit what people think anyway.
    But enough about Scalia.
    Clever!
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Here's a new article on Politico regarding Obama's "no-show" at Scalia's funeral. Seems reasonable to me, and it sounds like Scalia's family is just fine with the current plan.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/barack-obama-antonin-scalia-funeral-219443
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,739
    jeffbr said:

Here's a new article on Politico regarding Obama's "no-show" at Scalia's funeral. Seems reasonable to me, and it sounds like Scalia's family is just fine with the current plan.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/barack-obama-antonin-scalia-funeral-219443

Reasonable in my opinion.
    Wont be good enough for many many people.

Real damned if you do.... situation.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

If so is it a big deal?

Yeah specially since he's the 1st sitting president to golf on a regular basis he should be better oh but you know what I bet he would school you in some Bball though
    I will give you that since Basketball was never my thing. However, don't believe that Obama is some great basketball player. I have been involved in countless basketball games Obama has put on over the years when he comes home w/ his "Chicago Pals" and it's like watching a Dad let his kid Win, nobody fouls or plays D on the Prez. These pickup games are so funny to watch and even better to listen to the "shit Talking". Barry truely is one of the whitest Blackman ever. The catering is always fantastic thou...
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

If so is it a big deal?

I will give you that since Basketball was never my thing. However, don't believe that Obama is some great basketball player. I have been involved in countless basketball games Obama has put on over the years when he comes home w/ his "Chicago Pals" and it's like watching a Dad let his kid Win, nobody fouls or plays D on the Prez. These pickup games are so funny to watch and even better to listen to the "shit Talking". Barry truely is one of the whitest Blackman ever. The catering is always fantastic thou...
    He can't even basketball right. Pathetic.
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

JC29856 said:

If so is it a big deal?

Barry truely is one of the whitest Blackman ever.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,887
    edited February 2016
    ^^ WTF is that supposed to mean?

So Muskydan, am I to understand that you police countless basketball games with Obama too?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    edited February 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

So Muskydan, am I to understand that you police countless basketball games with Obama too?

:lol:

better keep an eye on those black guys, Musky

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

PJ_Soul said:

"involved in"... I'm guessing he flanks secret service disguised a the ref or clock operator.
This discussion has been closed.