Options

SHOCKER: my tickets from yesterday are on stubhub

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    edited February 2016
    This from the article made me laugh:
    Massachusetts has an antiscalping law limiting resold tickets to a $2 price markup and added service charges, which the state says can include various “costs attributable to resale.” But enforcement is spotty, and ticket brokers like Ace have advocated for an update to the 1924 statute to reflect the current market for resold tickets.
    hmmmm

stubhub.com/pearl-jam-tickets-pearl-jam-boston-fenway-park-8-5-2016/event/9506605/

Guess there's lot of "added service charges", haha.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    It reminds me of the Federal Reserve and their brethren, the banking cartels. hmmmmmm lol
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    So shitty that there are so many tickets on stub hub and fans can't get tickets without selling out over 2-3 times the price
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 347
    All the teams are doing this. As bad as Stubhub and other resellers are, they are at least free market. This will remove that. Tickets won't be available under face anymore. There will be a floor on all prices and all parties will collect a fee along away.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

All the teams are doing this. As bad as Stubhub and other resellers are, they are at least free market. This will remove that. Tickets won't be available under face anymore. There will be a floor on all prices and all parties will collect a fee along away.
    Yankees stadium will be emptier!
    They announced a floor and no pdf tickets.
  • Options
    Have a question for those that their tickets got canceled. I purchased 2 sets of 2 tickets each, on separate orders. I noticed that my credit card got charged 2x, but only got refund for one set of the tickets. Wondering if anyone else had this problem, I don't want to call them just incase they somehow slipped through and they will be sending, long shot, but who knows. any thoughts?
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

I love StubHub during baseball season as I can get tickets for 5 bucks to go see the Cardinals play at last minute...when it comes to concerts tho I have seen Zero benefit to scoring tickets for cheaper using 3x the amount

• Options

Have a question for those that their tickets got canceled. I purchased 2 sets of 2 tickets each, on separate orders. I noticed that my credit card got charged 2x, but only got refund for one set of the tickets. Wondering if anyone else had this problem, I don't want to call them just incase they somehow slipped through and they will be sending, long shot, but who knows. any thoughts?

same thing with me, im also hoping for a slip through the cracks. i took it one further though, which makes me more hopeful. if you call their automated system, and use the "send me a copy of the confirmation email, one of them gets sent and one of them never gets sent. so obviously one got deleted from their system (the refund) and the other is still active. hence the "no refund"

thoughts?
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

same thing with me, im also hoping for a slip through the cracks. i took it one further though, which makes me more hopeful. if you call their automated system, and use the "send me a copy of the confirmation email, one of them gets sent and one of them never gets sent. so obviously one got deleted from their system (the refund) and the other is still active. hence the "no refund"

thoughts?
    shhhhhhhh.
    don't tell folks on here.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    why is that a problem? wouldn't they rather see a fan in the seats versus some scalper profiting?
  • Options
    I ordered two pairs separately and have only received 1 refund as well. Plot thickens.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

why is that a problem? wouldn't they rather see a fan in the seats versus some scalper profiting?

go back and read the other thread about this.
    I am happy for you but not everyone feels that way about people who scored them early.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    the rats and snitches
  • Options
    DON"T CALL AND ASK FOR A REFUND!!!
    Wait as long as you can and see if they send the tix.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    zmanzman Posts: 502

DON"T CALL AND ASK FOR A REFUND!!!
    Wait as long as you can and see if they send the tix.

when do people expect to get tickets in? I'm happy for these people. good to hear the scalpers didn't score them all
  • Options
    zmanzman Posts: 502
    rssesq said:

the rats and snitches

the homework police
  • Options
    Snitches get stitches
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104

love your screen name/avatar pic! cats rock!...blenderman loves pj and blenderman loves cats! WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!