Options

SHOCKER: my tickets from yesterday are on stubhub

Comments

• Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 885
    edited February 2016

AlaG said:

AlaG said:

And when 10club members are trying to tell me that it wasn't fair to the general public? Well that cracks me up too.

The general public? The same general public that you 10club members refuse to sit with? The same general public that only knows a few songs like "Jeremy" and "Even Flow"? The same general public that only knows the songs off 10?

That general public that 10club members have been insulting to, here on this board, for YEARS?

Now you are concerned that the general public didn't get a "fair chance" in getting some of the best seats available for Fenway?

Who the fuck are you kidding?

All I know is, Thursday there were many people on here who had tickets and were going to use them and couldn't wait for the show. No chance of reselling. Now those tickets are on all the ticket websites selling for absurd $$. Mine are on there for sure. Where's the fairness in that? It's not like we did anything wrong. The tix were there, I bought them. Any of you who had the chance would have done the same thing. If you say you wouldn't because you were "worried" about "fairness" to others I don't believe that for one second.
    I wouldn't have bought them under the assumption that they would be cancelled, and fairness does factor into that assumption.
    You wouldn't have taken a chance? Not buying it. Whats the worse that can happen? You get tix or they cancel. Who wouldn't take a chance?
    No, I wouldn't. I'd rather my account not be short a couple hundred bucks for a week or two. Wouldn't take that chance on something that wasn't very likely to happen, especially with the legitimate onsale happening the next day.
    So it was a money issue.
    Now tell me how you would have handled it, if you had $10K in your account.

I admit there would come a point where I certainly would have. Like I said though, fairness is factoring into my assumption that the order would be cancelled. I'm not professing that I wouldn't do it strictly because morals. From my perspective, it's certainly cheating other people out of an opportunity to nab tickets. At the same time, it's not nearly as bad as say...people who flip tix on StubHub to attend more shows. If I saw it on Thursday just browsing tickets.com, I probably wouldn't have even tried. If I was at the thread at the time everyone else was figuring out about it, I probably would have because now the floodgates are open. I wouldn't want to get shut out if word of mouth spread and the sale never closed down and the tickets happened to be honored. I wouldn't be upset or remotely surprised if I had my nice turf seat taken away from me though.
    Post edited by AlaG on
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Pearl Jam is playing the Garden two nights and Philly two nights and Fenway two nights and Wrigley 2 nights - that is freaking awesome! I joined this fanclub for the messageboard, believe it or not - to connect with other fans who shared a love for a band that I had followed as a regular person for over two decades. I only found out that they had presales and bootleg downloads and analog shirts that I never got cause my code expired AFTER I had joined. It is intimidating to come onto a fan site that has been in existence for quite some time and post and try to find a place. I have had the shittiest 3 years of my life and I joined to have a place to escape and make friends perhaps. I was happiest when someone directed me to the Hannah cause - that was a great way to start here, but after two years, I still feel like an outsider.

Twice I had tickets to see Pearl Jam and twice I was sabotaged by my ex when he caught wind that I was going to go have fun and made sure that it didn't happen. It sucked, but that's my challenge to deal with and learn from so it doesn't happen this time. I am making sure that I am not going to be sabotaged this time with help from my shrink who specailizes in PTSD and domestic violence and parental alienation. It is going to be hard as hell to get out and get to the concert but I'll be damned if I don't do it.

This is exciting, I don't care where my seats are - I'm going to see a band that I have wanted to see for a long time. I can't talk about the awesome show in 98 or the time they played the longest and I was in the second row and got the setlist and I don't care. I don't understand why having seen them a certain amount of times at a certain point in their career in the most awesome seats or best venue makes a difference. Be happy that you experienced that. What awesome memories.

It is the Spring/Summer Tour of 2016 - they are playing some awesome venues and I am lucky to live in the Northeast and be able to go to these places. This is an exciting time. But it is a concert. And in the scheme of things, there are people who are going through a lot worse shit than being shut out of a show or not getting to sit as close as they used to.

And in some people's comments, there is the implication that anyone who is new or doesn't belong to the fanclub (which accounts for more of their fanbase than the fan club - most people DO NOT join fan clubs - I know at least 30 people, if not more, who tried for tickets the old fashioned way, public sale. Some got tickets, some will go to stub hub, some won't go.) But the 'casual fan' references are a real turn off. Makes people not want to post because it seems that if you haven't been here since at least No Code, you are not worth their time. You are not a super fan. You don't know what they know. It makes people feel unwanted. Even in threads, some people post and are never acknowledged, while other people have conversations amongst each other like the rest of us don't exist. It's not cool and it's not what I expected when I joined 10club.

A fan is a fan and every fan wants to see their favorite bands in concert. Period. Be happy that there are opportunities to see them and they are together and we can all see them and if someone doesn't know the B side of the 99 Christmas single, it doesn't make them any less of a fan than anyone else.

I can't wait to see them - my first time will be in Virginia and I'll be behind the stage alone and nervous because of all that I've read about how people are at concerts. But once the music starts, I won't care. And if anyone chooses to not like me because of my honesty about my life situations or my opinions - that's none of my business. I joined so I could be me after years of being beaten down. I am working through some heavy shit and having this wonderful band touring is a bright spot and a challenge that I am ready to tackle. I didn't think I would come onto the board and feel bad. It doesn't make any sense.

I hope to see you Speedy at MSG before you get to the 2000th beer!
    This is a happy time, I say, a happy time!!
  • Options
    EVERYTHING ABOVE!!!
  • Options
    Nancy, I will buy you your 1st 500 beers.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    edited February 2016
    JC29856 said:

most 10c members ive encountered over the years seemed honest respectful and genuinely nice people. having said that the 10C members do have a bad rep.

Just like everywhere the few assholes get noticed more than others. That being said; I've seen more clicks in this club over the last 20 years and multiple message boards than a bad 80's high school movie.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options

I haven't had a cold delicious beer in over 19 years, but you can buy me water and a pretzel. And cheese sauce if they have it. :blush:

EVERYTHING ABOVE!!!

Thanks for understanding.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    njnancy said:

Pearl Jam is playing the Garden two nights and Philly two nights and Fenway two nights and Wrigley 2 nights - that is freaking awesome! I joined this fanclub for the messageboard, believe it or not - to connect with other fans who shared a love for a band that I had followed as a regular person for over two decades. I only found out that they had presales and bootleg downloads and analog shirts that I never got cause my code expired AFTER I had joined. It is intimidating to come onto a fan site that has been in existence for quite some time and post and try to find a place. I have had the shittiest 3 years of my life and I joined to have a place to escape and make friends perhaps. I was happiest when someone directed me to the Hannah cause - that was a great way to start here, but after two years, I still feel like an outsider.

Twice I had tickets to see Pearl Jam and twice I was sabotaged by my ex when he caught wind that I was going to go have fun and made sure that it didn't happen. It sucked, but that's my challenge to deal with and learn from so it doesn't happen this time. I am making sure that I am not going to be sabotaged this time with help from my shrink who specailizes in PTSD and domestic violence and parental alienation. It is going to be hard as hell to get out and get to the concert but I'll be damned if I don't do it.

This is exciting, I don't care where my seats are - I'm going to see a band that I have wanted to see for a long time. I can't talk about the awesome show in 98 or the time they played the longest and I was in the second row and got the setlist and I don't care. I don't understand why having seen them a certain amount of times at a certain point in their career in the most awesome seats or best venue makes a difference. Be happy that you experienced that. What awesome memories.

It is the Spring/Summer Tour of 2016 - they are playing some awesome venues and I am lucky to live in the Northeast and be able to go to these places. This is an exciting time. But it is a concert. And in the scheme of things, there are people who are going through a lot worse shit than being shut out of a show or not getting to sit as close as they used to.

And in some people's comments, there is the implication that anyone who is new or doesn't belong to the fanclub (which accounts for more of their fanbase than the fan club - most people DO NOT join fan clubs - I know at least 30 people, if not more, who tried for tickets the old fashioned way, public sale. Some got tickets, some will go to stub hub, some won't go.) But the 'casual fan' references are a real turn off. Makes people not want to post because it seems that if you haven't been here since at least No Code, you are not worth their time. You are not a super fan. You don't know what they know. It makes people feel unwanted. Even in threads, some people post and are never acknowledged, while other people have conversations amongst each other like the rest of us don't exist. It's not cool and it's not what I expected when I joined 10club.

A fan is a fan and every fan wants to see their favorite bands in concert. Period. Be happy that there are opportunities to see them and they are together and we can all see them and if someone doesn't know the B side of the 99 Christmas single, it doesn't make them any less of a fan than anyone else.

I can't wait to see them - my first time will be in Virginia and I'll be behind the stage alone and nervous because of all that I've read about how people are at concerts. But once the music starts, I won't care. And if anyone chooses to not like me because of my honesty about my life situations or my opinions - that's none of my business. I joined so I could be me after years of being beaten down. I am working through some heavy shit and having this wonderful band touring is a bright spot and a challenge that I am ready to tackle. I didn't think I would come onto the board and feel bad. It doesn't make any sense.

Woot great post. I read this whole thing listening to Little Wing Milwaukee Good times!
  • Options
    Nancy, pretzels are on me.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    njnancy said:

I haven't had a cold delicious beer in over 19 years, but you can buy me water and a pretzel. And cheese sauce if they have it. :blush:

Well done Nancy. And gotta have the cheese sauce. Old school fan, but newer 10c member too. Enjoy MSG!

• Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    edited February 2016

I've never understood why scalping tix at the venue is illegal but scalping them through a ticket broker online is perfectly legal and you can sell them for whatever the market will bring

One is done by a "street thug" and one is done by a man in a tie and a suit. I'm not sure who's the real crook though. That's a different question.

92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    JB128716 said:

I've never understood why scalping tix at the venue is illegal but scalping them through a ticket broker online is perfectly legal and you can sell them for whatever the market will bring

One is done by a "street thug" and one is done by a man in a tie and a suit. I'm not sure who's the real crook though. That's a different question.

True story. Can't let the commoner make a profit. Kickback city.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,624
    njnancy said:

I will humbly accept Nancy's 500 beers. Thank you.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    njnancy said:

Awesome!!!!!lovely post...congrats
    And cos.im Greek ill buy u gyros!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Nancy hit the nail on the head.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    Hi, Nancy!! Glad to see you back on here. Enjoy the show!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Thanks - I can't wait for MSG - it's so close and where I have been to so many shows. I'm glad that I didn't offend everyone, I'm sure I've offended some. I just had to get it off my chest and let the chips fall where they may.

Thinking of hot NY pretzels and cheese sauce brings the picture of Homer Simpson and donuts to mind.
    Dimitris - I've never had a gyro, love dolmades - but if it's from you, I'll go for it. Love Greek food-
    RS151862 said:

njnancy said:

I will humbly accept Nancy's 500 beers. Thank you.
    Priceless, very selfless of you. If it was 20 years ago, you wouldn't have a chance at those beers!!
  • Options

Nancy, pretzels are on me.

Mmmm....pretzels.....TY! :bee:
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    njnancy said:

I think most of us feel like outsiders in some way or another.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Malroth said:

I think most of us feel like outsiders in some way or another.

Good point.

• Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    What’s the story years ago about the kid from SOUTH AMERICA everyone pitched in for? Full boat paid, winds up reselling gift tickets for better.

~

I have also seen a lot of good over the years by the old-time keyboard tappin’ faithful with extra tickets. Many, many tickets given away or auctioned for charity.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,299
    The biggest surprise would've been if the mistake made by tickets.com would've allowed fans to keep their tickets they purchased due to the mistake made. Expected that tickets.com wouldn't allow fans to keep the tickets bought. Its not a shock that the tickets are on Stubhub, I've always felt that the secondary ticket market (Stubhub, Ace Tickets) are all in it with Ticketmaster.

If anyone thinks the government can do anything about this, not going to happen. Not with the corporations of this size and money they bring to the system.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    CapnBobCapnBob Lexington, SC Posts: 369
    njnancy said:

Great post ... Hope you have a great time at the show.. Nothing to be nervous about before it starts, for the most part we are all the same...
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    Team Speedy all the way. you've argued the points absolutely bang on every time. saves me doing it :)
    I'll buy you a beer and pretzel at fenway for trying to defend the cause.
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Says this on the ticket...
    RESALE OF THIS TICKET AT A PRICE GREATER THAN THE FACE VALUE IS ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    JC29856 said:

Says this on the ticket...
    RESALE OF THIS TICKET AT A PRICE GREATER THAN THE FACE VALUE IS ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED.

"Prohibited"
    Big deal! Now if it is said "Prohibited - Punishable by law - $500 fine, 30 days imprisonment or borh" maybe - or maybe not - people would think twice.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    Nancy and Speedy codos to you both we said both of ya hope. To see both of ya in da kids hometown shows
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    edited February 2016

Nancy and Speedy codos to you both we said both of ya hope. To see both of ya in da kids hometown shows

In English please!

Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    only way to fix it is to let the band sell all the tickets via postcards
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    RedSoxReplay.com
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    my 2 turf seats that got refunded are on ebay for $1,499.
    thanks ya rat bahstads