Options

SHOCKER: my tickets from yesterday are on stubhub

Comments

• Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    edited February 2016

And when 10club members are trying to tell me that it wasn't fair to the general public? Well that cracks me up too.

The general public? The same general public that you 10club members refuse to sit with? The same general public that only knows a few songs like "Jeremy" and "Even Flow"? The same general public that only knows the songs off 10?

That general public that 10club members have been insulting to, here on this board, for YEARS?

Now you are concerned that the general public didn't get a "fair chance" in getting some of the best seats available for Fenway?

Who the fuck are you kidding?

Been to around ten shows. Have never had fan club tickets. Have always had a good time. Casual fans deserve a chance to see the band too and I'd much rather sit with them as they experience the band for the first time than sit with some elitist members of this message board. You're generalizing the entire club based on a small collective of shitty people, and I feel sorry for you if your enjoyment of a show is hampered by any of the crap you just listed.
    Post edited by AlaG on
  • Options
    AlaG said:

And when 10club members are trying to tell me that it wasn't fair to the general public? Well that cracks me up too.

The general public? The same general public that you 10club members refuse to sit with? The same general public that only knows a few songs like "Jeremy" and "Even Flow"? The same general public that only knows the songs off 10?

That general public that 10club members have been insulting to, here on this board, for YEARS?

Now you are concerned that the general public didn't get a "fair chance" in getting some of the best seats available for Fenway?

Been to around ten shows. Have never had fan club tickets. Have always had a good time. Casual fans deserve a chance to see the band too and I'd much rather sit with them as they experience the band for the first time than sit with some elitist members of this message board. You're generalizing the entire club based on a small collective of shitty people, and I feel sorry for you if your enjoyment of a show is hampered by any of the crap you just listed.
    The crap I just listed? You would get a good laugh if I posted all the CRAP I have witnessed when it comes to some 10club members, and what they will do in order to get their precious tickets.

And am I referring to EVERYONE in the 10club? Of course not.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668

One thing is certain. One thing I have become aware of, in my close to 15 years on these Pearl Jam forums. There are people on this board who would step on and over their own grandmother, just to get 5 feet closer to the stage. They preach "fair play", but in truth it is only fair, if it benefits them.

This so much.

It's hilarious to see the various definitions of "fair" as if anyone has any omnipotent right to decide for everyone what is or isn't fair. Entry to venue vs where seats are in the venue. F5 vs lottery. Etc. Fairness is a perception, usually a biased one!

Hell, why should fan club members even be "entitled" to tix before the general public. There are probably tons of huge Pearl Jam fans that aren't fan club members for one reason or another. I mean if we are talking fairness shouldn't that also be on the table? Reasonably speaking no of course, but let's be clear fairness is in the eye of the beholder.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    The disingenuous, hypocritical nature of some is ridiculously illogical and even more absurd.
    And nothing brings out the claws like tour time.

Such a damn shame.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

AlaG said:

The crap I just listed? You would get a good laugh if I posted all the CRAP I have witnessed when it comes to some 10club members, and what they will do in order to get their precious tickets.

Okay. Just wanted to make sure you weren't generalizing, as someone who feels like Thursday was genuinely unfair due to the stated time of the public sale and as someone who doesn't hold any of those grudges towards casuals.

Don't doubt you that people do some lame shit to score tickets. If you're still stuck without any, I really hope you find a way to be there. May not agree with you, but you seem like a good dude.
    Post edited by AlaG on
  • Options

The disingenuous, hypocritical nature of some is ridiculously illogical and even more absurd.

Such a damn shame.

And the guy says I am talking crap?
    Please point out one thing I have said today that isn't FACT.

I have NO PROBLEM admitting when I am wrong. Everyone here knows that. I can be an adult and admit when I am wrong. But am I wrong here?

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited February 2016

When a ticket sale starts at a specific time, that is when it has to start. Not early. Simple as that. Just like theaters can't start movies an hour early and say tough shit for the people who showed up at the published start time.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Such a damn shame.

I have NO PROBLEM admitting when I am wrong. Everyone here knows that. I can be an adult and admit when I am wrong. But am I wrong here?

You misunderstood me. The things you listed as observing from other fans is totally true. I've seen it, I've read about it, I've heard about it. I was just stating that I hope you don't hold those grudges towards casuals, because it's a shitty thing to do. It's become obvious that you don't.
  • Options
    FastrichieFastrichie Sandy Hook, CT Posts: 916

All I know is, Thursday there were many people on here who had tickets and were going to use them and couldn't wait for the show. No chance of reselling. Now those tickets are on all the ticket websites selling for absurd $$. Mine are on there for sure. Where's the fairness in that? It's not like we did anything wrong. The tix were there, I bought them. Any of you who had the chance would have done the same thing. If you say you wouldn't because you were "worried" about "fairness" to others I don't believe that for one second.
    04/06/94 Springfield, 04/17/94 NYC, 10/02/96 Hartford, 11/14/97 Oakland, 09/08/98 NJ, 09/10/98 MSG, 09/11/98 MSG, 09/13/98 Hartford, 08/24/00 Jones Beach, 08/25/00 Jones Beach 04/30/03 Uniondale, 07/08/03 MSG, 07/09/03 MSG, 09/28/04 Boston, 10/01/05 Borgata, 10/03/05 Philly, 05/13/06 Hartford 05/25/06 Boston, 06/01/06 NJ, 06/03/06 NJ, 08/05/07 Chicago, 06/24/08 MSG, 06/25/08 MSG, 06/27/08 Hartford, 06/30/08 Mansfield, 07/01/08 The Beacon, 08/21/09 Toronto, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 05/15/2010 Hartford, 05/17/2010 Boston, 05/20/2010 MSG, 05/21/2010 MSG, Montreal 09/07/2011, Philly 09/01/2012, Wrigley 07/19-20,2013, Worcester 10/16/13, Brooklyn 10/18, Brooklyn 10/19/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Ed Sullivan 09/23/2015, Central Park 09/26/2015 Philly 04/29/2016. MSG 05/01/2016, MSG 05/02/2016, Fenway 08/05/2016, Fenway 08/07/2016, Brooklyn 04/07/2017, Seattle 08/08/2018, Seattle 08/10/2018, Chicago 08/20/2018, Fenway 09/02/2018, Fenway 09/04/2018, Asbury Park 09/18/2021, Apollo Theater 09/10/2022, MSG 09/11/2022, Camden 09/14/2022

• Options
    AlaG said:

And you can refer to my words as crap..Thats fine.
    It would not be the 1st time I have been insulted here...Hahahah

And I see this will be your 1st fan club member show?
    Well, I hope you have a great time. Enjoy the show.

• Options

All I know is, Thursday there were many people on here who had tickets and were going to use them and couldn't wait for the show. No chance of reselling. Now those tickets are on all the ticket websites selling for absurd $$. Mine are on there for sure. Where's the fairness in that? It's not like we did anything wrong. The tix were there, I bought them. Any of you who had the chance would have done the same thing. If you say you wouldn't because you were "worried" about "fairness" to others I don't believe that for one second.
    I wouldn't have bought them under the assumption that they would be cancelled, and fairness does factor into that assumption.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485

AlaG said:

I would appreciate a good laugh. Give us some of the good crap.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    AlaG said:

I wouldn't have bought them under the assumption that they would be cancelled, and fairness does factor into that assumption.
    You wouldn't have taken a chance? Not buying it. Whats the worse that can happen? You get tix or they cancel. Who wouldn't take a chance?
    04/06/94 Springfield, 04/17/94 NYC, 10/02/96 Hartford, 11/14/97 Oakland, 09/08/98 NJ, 09/10/98 MSG, 09/11/98 MSG, 09/13/98 Hartford, 08/24/00 Jones Beach, 08/25/00 Jones Beach 04/30/03 Uniondale, 07/08/03 MSG, 07/09/03 MSG, 09/28/04 Boston, 10/01/05 Borgata, 10/03/05 Philly, 05/13/06 Hartford 05/25/06 Boston, 06/01/06 NJ, 06/03/06 NJ, 08/05/07 Chicago, 06/24/08 MSG, 06/25/08 MSG, 06/27/08 Hartford, 06/30/08 Mansfield, 07/01/08 The Beacon, 08/21/09 Toronto, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 05/15/2010 Hartford, 05/17/2010 Boston, 05/20/2010 MSG, 05/21/2010 MSG, Montreal 09/07/2011, Philly 09/01/2012, Wrigley 07/19-20,2013, Worcester 10/16/13, Brooklyn 10/18, Brooklyn 10/19/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Ed Sullivan 09/23/2015, Central Park 09/26/2015 Philly 04/29/2016. MSG 05/01/2016, MSG 05/02/2016, Fenway 08/05/2016, Fenway 08/07/2016, Brooklyn 04/07/2017, Seattle 08/08/2018, Seattle 08/10/2018, Chicago 08/20/2018, Fenway 09/02/2018, Fenway 09/04/2018, Asbury Park 09/18/2021, Apollo Theater 09/10/2022, MSG 09/11/2022, Camden 09/14/2022

• Options
    Malroth said:

AlaG said:

Go do a pushup.

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    speedy... i would like to hear some too.
    the only thing ive seen and heard in person consistently from the old timers is bitching and moaning about seat location and the rabid show day trade up.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626

Such a damn shame.

The reality is we have unfortunately witnessed all too many times the selfishness, the righteousness, the outright greed and santimonious bullshit first hand. An indisputable fact.

You are definitely not wrong.

Nice shirt.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

AlaG said:

And you can refer to my words as crap..Thats fine.
    It would not be the 1st time I have been insulted here...Hahahah

And I see this will be your 1st fan club member show?
    Well, I hope you have a great time. Enjoy the show.

Again, you're misunderstanding me. YOUR WORDS are not crap. THE ACTIONS AND BEHAVIORS YOU'VE WITNESSED FROM OTHER FANS are. That is to say incredibly fucking shitty, not baseless. Euphemisms not working in my favor today. I apologize if you think I was calling you a liar or that I was insulting you. Would love some storytime as well.

Philly will be my first fan club show. No luck in the lotto for Fenway.
    Post edited by AlaG on
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    most 10c members ive encountered over the years seemed honest respectful and genuinely nice people. having said that the 10C members do have a bad rep.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

speedy... i would like to hear some too.
    the only thing ive seen and heard in person consistently from the old timers is bitching and moaning about seat location and the rabid show day trade up.

I am not going to come here today, and list all the nonsense I have witnessed over the years, in regards to tickets. But trust me, some of the behavior is appalling. At least in my eyes.

But I have seats for NYC, behind the stage, in what could be the last row of MSG. (I am dead serious).

AND I CANT WAIT!!!!!!

• Options
    edited February 2016

But I have seats for NYC, behind the stage, in what could be the last row of MSG. (I am dead serious).

AND I CANT WAIT!!!!!!

That's what I'm talking about!

• Options
    I do!!

I have what could be, the WORST possible seat in MSG.
    And I could give a flying fuck.
    I will be in NYC, eating corned beef, a slice of pizza, drinking 4,264 beers with my friends, and having a great time.
  • Options
    P-Town-P-Jam-FanP-Town-P-Jam-Fan Posts: 899
    edited February 2016
    Like any other improperly regulated industry, ticketing is the jungle and you do anything you can to obtain tickets at face value. Play by the rules and get lapped by cheaters. I'm supposed to ignore a link to the ticketing site that bypasses the virtual waiting room and just in the vwr while all the tickets disappear? For who, for what? Moralists!
    Post edited by P-Town-P-Jam-Fan on
    Gorge
  • Options

AlaG said:

You wouldn't have taken a chance? Not buying it. Whats the worse that can happen? You get tix or they cancel. Who wouldn't take a chance?
    No, I wouldn't. I'd rather my account not be short a couple hundred bucks for a week or two. Wouldn't take that chance on something that wasn't very likely to happen, especially with the legitimate onsale happening the next day.
  • Options
    LD_and happyLD_and happy Portland, OR Posts: 107
    There was a House Bill passed last year - but I guess it didn't help or it's not implemented yet (?)
    http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2015-16/Pdf/Bill Reports/House/1091.E HBR PL 15.pdf
  • Options
    AlaG said:

AlaG said:

No, I wouldn't. I'd rather my account not be short a couple hundred bucks for a week or two. Wouldn't take that chance on something that wasn't very likely to happen, especially with the legitimate onsale happening the next day.
    So it was a money issue.
    Now tell me how you would have handled it, if you had $10K in your account.

• Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485

Malroth said:

AlaG said:

Go do a pushup.

I've been doing push-ups, since you started that thread, pretty regularly. My maximum has actually gone down. I can do a lot more sets of 15 though. Kind of frustrating.

I've always went for reserve and am 100 percent. Would like to make a GA in my lifetime.
    Thought I was gonna get some hot tips. :bow:
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Malroth said:

Malroth said:

AlaG said:

Go do a pushup.

I've been doing push-ups, since you started that thread, pretty regularly. My maximum has actually gone down. I can do a lot more sets of 15 though. Kind of frustrating.

I've always went for reserve and am 100 percent. Would like to make a GA in my lifetime.
    Thought I was gonna get some hot tips. :bow:
    I am a reserved kind of guy too. And like yourself, have never lost out on the lottery.
    Better safe than sorry.

Congrats on the "Healthier You" !!!!!!
  • Options

AlaG said:
    » show previous quotes
    So it was a money issue.
    Now tell me how you would have handled it, if you had $10K in your account.

Speedy,
    anyone that says they knew the tix would be cancelled and they wouldn't have bought them if they were staring them in the face is lying. The only thing that people knew is once they were cancelled the scalpers were getting them instead of the fans on here who appreciate them and like you said would be happy to sit anywhere.

• Options

I do!!

I will be in NYC, eating corned beef, a slice of pizza, drinking 4,264 beers with my friends, and having a great time.

Only 1 slice of pizza, yeah right, lol

So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options

I do!!

Only 1 slice of pizza, yeah right, lol

I said I would be with friends.
    And that takes YOU out of the equation.

Hahaha