Options

Fenway Night 1 tickets on sale .. now?

Comments

• Options

Did Pearl Jam have final say so in cancelling the tickets? Probably
    Did ticket.com cancel the tickets without having to discuss it with the band? Maybe

Did a few whiny, crying, sniveling, 50 year olds, who post on this board call Fenway, and Live Nation, and the 10club, complaining that other people were sold tickets?

DEFINITELY!!!!!!!!!!

More than a little ironic to accuse "a few whiny, crying, sniveling, 50 year olds" for this debacle.

Last I checked, most members of the band are 50 or older. Am I wrong?

The "whiny, crying, sniveling, 50 year olds" of which you so arrogantly and insultingly speak are the very reason that this band has been around for 25 years. It's their loyal support for this band that has paved the way for the younger generations to have the opportunity to engage in the sublime experience that is Pearl Jam.

Could be that a few self-righteous, self-aggrandizing, arrogant, and entitlement generation of mellinials blew the whistle on those taking advantage of the early sale glitch, no?

I doubt it though. Just as dumb to blame the "Me" generation as it is to blame 50 year olds.

And no, I'm not 50! I'm 49.

Now please get off my lawn.

• Options

Did ticket.com cancel the tickets without having to discuss it with the band? Maybe

Did a few whiny, crying, sniveling, 50 year olds, who post on this board call Fenway, and Live Nation, and the 10club, complaining that other people were sold tickets?

DEFINITELY!!!!!!!!!!

More than a little ironic to accuse "a few whiny, crying, sniveling, 50 year olds" for this debacle.

The "whiny, crying, sniveling, 50 year olds" of which you so arrogantly and insultingly speak are the very reason that this band has been around for 25 years. It's their loyal support for this band that has paved the way for the younger generations to have the opportunity to engage in the sublime experience that is Pearl Jam.

Could be that a few self-righteous, self-aggrandizing, arrogant, and entitlement generation of mellinials blew the whistle on those taking advantage of the early sale glitch, no?

I doubt it though. Just as dumb to blame the "Me" generation as it is to blame 50 year olds.

I'm older than you.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

DEFINITELY!!!!!!!!!!

I'm older than you.

Touche, Speedy ... Touche. I'll take my righteous indignation elsewhere. :blush:
  • Options
    CapnBobCapnBob Lexington, SC Posts: 369
    Get that? The whole store had the flu
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    edited February 2016
    mwplum said:

I feel for everyone who "bought" tickets today, (but playing devil's advocate) this has never happened in my 25+ years of going to shows. And speaking as someone who booked a morning off work (we live in Vancouver) for tomorrows sale, I'm glad that this didn't go through (as much fun as SPEEDYPALOOZA would have been!).

PS anyone else considering Oshega or Lolla on the way to Boston? Sounds like it might be Radiohead, Arcade Fire, LCD...sounds very appealing....25 years of Lolla....26 years of our boys!

Also took off work for tomorrow's sale. Don't feel bad for those who had their orders cancelled in the slightest. There will be plenty of tickets to go around for both shows, particularly Sunday. The few opportunistic people don't deserve all the best seats. There are several "real fans" that didn't find out about this exploit until several hours after it was over. Much more than did find out about it.
    Post edited by AlaG on
  • Options
    I don't feel like scalpers are going to go nuts about the Fenway shows. The only thing they have to base a potential profit off of is the one-off Wrigley show in 2013, which for obvious reasons isn't a solid indicator (this time around - two cities, multiple shows in each city). Buying up all the tickets to either or both Fenway shows may be risky from their perspective. There's no way to accurately gauge demand until the tickets have actually gone on sale. I think those who lost the tickets they bought today are looking for someone to blame but honestly believe that the band made this decision to make the ticket purchasing process more fair for all of us. I may be wrong, but lets wait to see how tomorrow goes down...
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    edited February 2016
    Ive said it so much now but why is it ok for people to score tickets through a season ticket/members presale when some lucky people get a leaked code but its not ok when we accidently stumble across an early onsale? One is getting a cheat code and the other is a genuine ticket purchase as they were being offered for sale, the buyer did nothing wrong.
    Post edited by VillagePJ on
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    VillagePJ said:

AlaG said:

mwplum said:

I feel for everyone who "bought" tickets today, (but playing devil's advocate) this has never happened in my 25+ years of going to shows. And speaking as someone who booked a morning off work (we live in Vancouver) for tomorrows sale, I'm glad that this didn't go through (as much fun as SPEEDYPALOOZA would have been!).

PS anyone else considering Oshega or Lolla on the way to Boston? Sounds like it might be Radiohead, Arcade Fire, LCD...sounds very appealing....25 years of Lolla....26 years of our boys!

There are several "real fans" that didn't find out about this exploit until several hours after it was over. Much more than did find out about it.
    what about the "real fans" that missed out when someone leaked a season ticket holder code on here earlier this weak, suppose that was ok. Those tickets aren't being cancelled, quite rightly and neither should these.
    The hierarchy and right of entitlement on here is amazing at times.
    That wasn't okay either. Those tickets weren't meant for any of us unless we were Red Sox ticket holders. People pay yearly for that privilege while we pay (much less) yearly for the 10C lottery. They were offering great seats, but I doubt you'd be as pissed off about it as you clearly are if you didn't even have the slightest chance to grab ahold of them, which is what the folks working at Fenway intended.
    Post edited by AlaG on
  • Options
    VillagePJ said:

Ive said it so much now but why is it ok for people to score tickets through a season ticket/members presale when some lucky people get a leaked code but its not ok when we accidently stumble across an early onsale? One is getting a cheat code and the other is a genuine ticket purchase as they were being offered for sale, the buyer did nothing wrong.

I think the difference in this scenario is that the season ticket member presale was a limited allotment of tickets. Tickets.com could have sold the entire show out today without the majority of the general public knowing - people, like myself and several others on this board, who have been preparing for the sale on Friday for several days now.
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Another difference, no easy way of knowing which presale code transactions were season ticket holders or not. But there was an easy way to determine which sales today were in error...all of them
  • Options
    GM151575GM151575 Freehold, NJ Posts: 346
    edited February 2016
    AlaG said:

mwplum said:

Also took off work for tomorrow's sale. Don't feel bad for those who had their orders cancelled in the slightest. There will be plenty of tickets to go around for both shows, particularly Sunday. The few opportunistic people don't deserve all the best seats. There are several "real fans" that didn't find out about this exploit until several hours after it was over. Much more than did find out about it.
    Several "real fans" were aware and several weren't . If there will be plenty of tickets available, why do you want them taken away from "real fans"? So you can have a chance to get them of course. Now neither of us will get them, or any other "real fans". Begrudge tickets.com, not real fans who saw it was on sale, said why shouldn't I try to get a good seat other people certainly will.

Geez, you score two tickets to good seats, that you don't even end up getting, and you get blasted for being "underhanded" and "unfair". Such selfishness. It would be like me saying to someone, " I hope you don't get any tickets today from the sale. It'll improve my odds of getting them."
    Post edited by GM151575 on
  • Options
    I'm still trying to figure out how there are tickets available when I wasn't able to get tickets from the 10Club. Technically all of the seats for Fenway belong to Pearl Jam because it's their concert. So unless the show is sold out every 10Club member living in New England should have gotten seats.
  • Options
    GM151575 said:

AlaG said:

mwplum said:

Several "real fans" were aware and several weren't . If there will be plenty of tickets available, why do you want them taken away from "real fans"? So you can have a chance to get them of course. Now neither of us will get them, or any other "real fans". Begrudge tickets.com, not real fans who saw it was on sale, said why shouldn't I try to get a good seat other people certainly will.

Geez, you score two tickets to good seats, that you don't even end up getting, and you get blasted for being "underhanded" and "unfair". Such selfishness. It would be like me saying to someone, " I hope you don't get any tickets today from the sale. It'll improve my odds of getting them."
    This.....to an extent I do feel bad for any fans, including my buddy who thought he got in ahead of the scalpers & bots yesterday. I'm not crying a river, but I have some level of sympathy.

Would it have been fair to the people waiting today until noon? No, but as the NYAG said, it's a fixed game. It's unfair to begin with, so I would have had no problem w/ people scoring tickets a day early because tickets.com f'ed up.

Good luck to everyone today.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    Just pretend tickets never were available, as it was meant to be, and move on. Simple. Just like a call reversal in football, you move on and accept the judgment.
    We're all fans, no need to attack each other.

Good luck this morning getting tix ya'll.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    jxchamb1 said:

I'm still trying to figure out how there are tickets available when I wasn't able to get tickets from the 10Club. Technically all of the seats for Fenway belong to Pearl Jam because it's their concert. So unless the show is sold out every 10Club member living in New England should have gotten seats.

The band normally only gets around 10% of a venues seats to allocate to their fan club.

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195

Just pretend tickets never were available, as it was meant to be, and move on. Simple. Just like a call reversal in football, you move on and accept the judgment.

That's true and wise however there is a financial aspect to this that is real. I don't have and wont receive the credit back to my card for a few days and I also wont receive the full amount due to currency exchange transaction charges, unless tickets.com surprise me by asking what my out of pocket expenses are.

enough, im done, its a pisser but I cant change it, it was/is a disgrace and needs 10c / pearl jam to ask questions about the processes this week

Good luck to everyone later and remember we should be looking after each other here better than has been in evidence lately.

London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    jxchamb1 said:

This is not correct.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    jervin007 said:

jxchamb1 said:

The band normally only gets around 10% of a venues seats to allocate to their fan club.

Just top off my head, not thinking all the logistics through: Maybe in the future PJ itself should buy more tickets themselves, like 25%, up front. Then make that available to 10c. If they are worried about making their money back, charge us a little more (we will pay) raise the ticket limit to 4, or even just do this for select shows like msg, philly, wrigley, and fenway. If they don't sell out from a 10c presale, put them back into the regular on sale or put them for sale through their own website later.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    GM151575 said:

jervin007 said:

jxchamb1 said:

Just top off my head, not thinking all the logistics through: Maybe in the future PJ itself should buy more tickets themselves, like 25%, up front. Then make that available to 10c. If they are worried about making their money back, charge us a little more (we will pay) raise the ticket limit to 4, or even just do this for select shows like msg, philly, wrigley, and fenway. If they don't sell out from a 10c presale, put them back into the regular on sale or put them for sale through their own website later.
    I may be wrong, but I don't think they have that option. I think if they could, they would certainly take/buy as many tickets as they could. But LiveNation/Ticketmaster will only let them have so many. I think they do the best they can in getting as many tickets as they are allowed.
  • Options
    BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy San Diego Posts: 388
    VillagePJ said:

That's true and wise however there is a financial aspect to this that is real. I don't have and wont receive the credit back to my card for a few days and I also wont receive the full amount due to currency exchange transaction charges, unless tickets.com surprise me by asking what my out of pocket expenses are.

enough, im done, its a pisser but I cant change it, it was/is a disgrace and needs 10c / pearl jam to ask questions about the processes this week

Good luck to everyone later and remember we should be looking after each other here better than has been in evidence lately.

I feel for you. Is there any way you could get your credit card to give you a temporary increase in credit limit? It wouldn't hurt you too badly because you won't have to pay twice, you'd only need to deal with the currency exchange charges for a second time, for a few days. Then when this is over have the credit card company bring your limit back down. Something to consider.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    jxchamb1 said:

lol
  • Options

GM151575 said:

jervin007 said:

jxchamb1 said:

I may be wrong, but I don't think they have that option. I think if they could, they would certainly take/buy as many tickets as they could. But LiveNation/Ticketmaster will only let them have so many. I think they do the best they can in getting as many tickets as they are allowed.
    I'm just spitballing....Really, what's the difference the tickets are sold either way. They will all still get their cut of money, just more pearl jam fans will actually get the tickets and less scalpers. Do the 10c sale through live nation, what's the difference. I'm sure there's at least some leeway for a negotiation. I don't embrace excuses, I embrace solutions...I've heard that from somewhere
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    GM151575 said:

GM151575 said:

jervin007 said:

jxchamb1 said:

I'm just spitballing....Really, what's the difference the tickets are sold either way. They will all still get their cut of money, just more pearl jam fans will actually get the tickets and less scalpers. Do the 10c sale through live nation, what's the difference. I'm sure there's at least some leeway for a negotiation. I don't embrace excuses, I embrace solutions...I've heard that from somewhere
    I embrace reality and somethings are out of the band's control.

My girlfriend has friends coming into town to see Coldplay in July and I've been roped into going too. One of them is a member of Coldplay's fanclub and got us tickets that way. Based on where those seats are in a HUGE football stadium (Hint: they are far, FAR from the stage) I am thankful 10c gets us the tickets they do.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    GM151575 said:

GM151575 said:

jervin007 said:

jxchamb1 said:

One of the BIG differences is all the bogus fees & "convenience" charges that LiveNation and Ticketmaster add to the ticket prices!!
    I've bought tickets to shows where these fees ended up adding as much or MORE to the total cost as the single ticket itself!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    the only problem is the cc charges
    cos some people after got charged yesterday and they needed that money for today presale may not get in time the refound
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

GM151575 said:

GM151575 said:

jervin007 said:

jxchamb1 said:

My girlfriend has friends coming into town to see Coldplay in July and I've been roped into going too. One of them is a member of Coldplay's fanclub and got us tickets that way. Based on where those seats are in a HUGE football stadium (Hint: they are far, FAR from the stage) I am thankful 10c gets us the tickets they do.
    Eh, nothing is really out of the bands control, if they want to hard nose it, which I'm not saying they would nor should. I'm not talking crazy amounts more. I mean like 5% or so for big/select shows. The real issue is PJ/10c probably wouldn't want to take on more than they already do, which is understandable. I'm sure they don't want to be in the ticket selling business, and do enough in that regard. Ticketmaster/live nation has their whole primary market to bot to resale market scam going so that's a whole other issue. So no rocking of boat as long as they're making money.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    derbydave said:

DEFINITELY!!!!!!!!!!

My post of 2016 so far
    And you know its the truth.
    We both know its the truth.
    Because that's just how some people here are.
    GOD FORBID somebody has something "Pearl Jam" that they don't have.
    GOD FORBID some people have better tickets.
    GOD FORBID......

I could probably give you 1st and last names of some of the 50 year olds who were on the phone with Fenway, once they found out some tickets were distributed, and they were not a part of it.

Seriously? Who gives a fuck if some lucky people were able to get tickets?
    Why not just be happy for those people?
    Why not? Because one thing I have learned about a few people on this board over the last few years.

Ah fuck it....
    Nevermind

:clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    "Eh, nothing is really out of the bands control, if they want to hard nose it, which I'm not saying they would nor should." Meaning no one is making the band do something they really don't want to do if they feel strongly against it. I'm not saying the number of tickets for the 10c is one such issue though.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    GM151575 said:

JimmyV said:

GM151575 said:

GM151575 said:

jervin007 said:

jxchamb1 said:

Eh, nothing is really out of the bands control, if they want to hard nose it, which I'm not saying they would nor should. I'm not talking crazy amounts more. I mean like 5% or so for big/select shows. The real issue is PJ/10c probably wouldn't want to take on more than they already do, which is understandable. I'm sure they don't want to be in the ticket selling business, and do enough in that regard. Ticketmaster/live nation has their whole primary market to bot to resale market scam going so that's a whole other issue. So no rocking of boat as long as they're making money.
    It really is out of the band's control. They get as many as they possibly can for 10 club, Livenation is in control, Pearl jam has to play by their rules for the most part.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    On a tangent, you gotta appreciate the need by some to rub people's nose in shit. Yeah people are upset and they are expressing it, so what is the point in putting an exclamation point on their misery? To somehow convince them of the "error" in their ways to make them feel better? Haha, ok.