Options

CLOSED 1998 posters F/S - east lansing, Seattle , Vancouver, Portland Virginia beach etc

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717

Hey if Seattle is still available I have a home for it- mine!
    Thanks!

consider it done :)
  • Options
    JV140606 said:

So what's all left?

I believe it is the following

Noblesville
    Knoxville
    Portland
    Seattle

There are 7-8 prints pending in a group order that will likely proceed - if it doesn't - I will update here and add the prints back to the offering

anything you were looking for?
  • Options
    realistically we are down to a handful of prints here. Anything not sold by the end of the payment and processing process I will likely move across to ebeans......

we can then start thinking about the next phase - whatever that might be
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,904
    derbydave said:

Zod said:

Gibson said:

WOW. I don't even want to know how this collection was assembled.

The older the collection the easier it was to assemble. I remember going to Seattle '98 on a last minute whim and posters were sold out when we got there. For the next few tours, everytime I went to seattle, this one story was selling a framed one for $125, then $150, and finally one day it was gone.... I thought it was insanely expensive at the time. Then I finally caved and bought a framed one a few years ago for much much more.

I have to assume the OP tracked these down a long time ago, otherwise they would of cost a
    arq said:

DC
    NY
    Vancouver
    Seattle left

These 4 posters are very very cool, it's a mystery the fact that they didn't sell (yet).

They might be a little overpriced? I bought a framed Seattle '98 from someone in this forum a few years back for $425ish (including shipping it from the US to Canada). I also bought a Vancouver 98 for about $250. Seller warned me of a "blemish" but it was on the backside (the white side you don't see) and I would never had noticed it if the seller hadn't pointed it out and sent me ultra zoomed in pictures of it.

I thought the prices for Vancouver/Seattle were a bit high considering the prices I was looking at when I was trying to track them down 2 to 3 years ago. I could be off base (maybe they've drastically appreciated in the past few years)?

I went to both Seattle shows back in '98 and the posters were gone FAST!!

Just the fact that this one is out there is a surprise to me!!
    It took me almost 17 years to even find one up for sale.
    I saw one on eBay once,
    this one was taken down before the auction ended...
    but I finally got lucky last year!!
    I paid $450 for this copy...
    it's in GREAT shape:

It has a few pinholes in the corners,
    but that makes it kind of cool to me!!
    Not sure how much the owner is asking for the Seattle poster,
    but just know it's not an easy one to find!!
    I had an easier time finding the poster from the Seattle '96 show at Key Arena...
    And it cost me MUCH less!!
    That was my very first PJ show.
    that s awesome dave!!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    My Pittsburgh '98 arrived today, Paul and company were incredibly easy to deal with and I couldn't be happier. Poster was received 3 days after payment and he even reimbursed me $4 because he overestimated shipping. The print is in perfect shape, and I can't wait to get it off to the framer. No one should have any reservations about buying posters from his future sales.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    Hi Paul, sent you a PM. Thanks!
    Minneapolis '98, East Troy '00, Pittsburgh '03, Thunder Bay '05, St. Paul '06 (Two Nights), Kansas City '10, Eddie Solo Minneapolis '11, Eddie Solo Las Vegas (Night Two), Philadelphia '13 (Night One), Lincoln '14, St. Paul '14, Greenville '16, Wrigley II '16, Berlin '18, Missoula '18
  • Options
    Sweet mail day, my '98 Raleigh showed up quicker than expected and in PERFECT condition, this whole experience was smooth and one of the easiest buys I have ever done. The other great thing was I received an email stating there would be a $2.60 shipping refund, never had that happen before but because of the ease of everything I declined to take it. I would highly recommend doing business with him again, there are no worries what so ever.
  • Options
    MarcolicaMarcolica Posts: 16
    edited February 2016
    Hi Paul, did I something wrong? After you said you'll reserve the Cleveland for me you never respond to my messages. So, sorry if I missed something. Best, Marco
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    By far my best experience buying from someone. Just received my poster(haven't looked yet), received a $12.50 refund and the communication has been great. Richard is the man!
  • Options
    SJD3232 said:

By far my best experience buying from someone. Just received my poster(haven't looked yet), received a $12.50 refund and the communication has been great. Richard is the man!

I forgot to mention: Thanks to Paul!
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

Hey if Seattle is still available I have a home for it- mine!
    Thanks!

consider it done :)
    SOLD! To the man with two smelly dogs.

support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    Wow. I got home and the poster is in perfect condition. Looks like it was printed yesterday. What an amazing transaction.
  • Options
    JV140606JV140606 Detroit Posts: 355
    pdalowsky said:

JV140606 said:

So what's all left?

Noblesville
    Knoxville
    Portland
    Seattle

There are 7-8 prints pending in a group order that will likely proceed - if it doesn't - I will update here and add the prints back to the offering

Yeah.... I'm gonna have to break and do Noblesville. Really want Seattle but I'll already be in trouble with indy.
  • Options
    JV140606 said:

pdalowsky said:

JV140606 said:

So what's all left?

Noblesville
    Knoxville
    Portland
    Seattle

Yeah.... I'm gonna have to break and do Noblesville. Really want Seattle but I'll already be in trouble with indy.
    Yikes - I think it was spoken for yesterday. If anything falls out of bed I'll update here. There are two fairly large orders still to be paid for, and the clock is ticking on those. If they do not get paid in time, the posters will be added back into the thread
  • Options
    JV140606JV140606 Detroit Posts: 355
    Ok
  • Options
    booboolisciousboobooliscious Hebron, KY Posts: 253
    Received Atlanta. It's perfect. The perfect memento for my 2nd show. Thank you!
  • Options
    BS122256BS122256 Posts: 34
    pdalowsky said:

JV140606 said:

pdalowsky said:

JV140606 said:

So what's all left?

Noblesville
    Knoxville
    Portland
    Seattle

Yikes - I think it was spoken for yesterday. If anything falls out of bed I'll update here. There are two fairly large orders still to be paid for, and the clock is ticking on those. If they do not get paid in time, the posters will be added back into the thread
    Did I get in on one of the Minneapolis posters? I thought I was based on PM's but haven't seen any emails or obviously paid. Maybe I'm still in the queue? Either way would love an update. Thanks, man.
    Minneapolis '98, East Troy '00, Pittsburgh '03, Thunder Bay '05, St. Paul '06 (Two Nights), Kansas City '10, Eddie Solo Minneapolis '11, Eddie Solo Las Vegas (Night Two), Philadelphia '13 (Night One), Lincoln '14, St. Paul '14, Greenville '16, Wrigley II '16, Berlin '18, Missoula '18
  • Options
    thumbsthumbs Posts: 37

Poor Denver... the fart of the 98s.

Definitely the fart of the 98s...but now it's MY fart! I can't wait!
  • Options
    Just stepped outside to take the recycling bag out to our bin, and what do I see on the steps? Oh yeah, my KC and ATL 98s!!! They are in perfect condition.

Now I just need to save up for the framing process.
    Petty sang "The waiting is the hardest part"
    Eddie sang "The waiting drove me mad"

I know they are both right.
  • Options
    BS122256 said:

pdalowsky said:

JV140606 said:

pdalowsky said:

JV140606 said:

So what's all left?

Noblesville
    Knoxville
    Portland
    Seattle

Did I get in on one of the Minneapolis posters? I thought I was based on PM's but haven't seen any emails or obviously paid. Maybe I'm still in the queue? Either way would love an update. Thanks, man.
    I believe you were emailed today around 1.30pm my time bud - so 3.5 hrs ago?
  • Options
    More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 591
    Great stuff Paul. Thanks for your continued efforts in spreading the joy amongst the fans. You're the best.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    eyecanwalkeyecanwalk Posts: 707
    just to know how much was Albuquerque? i've been looking for that for a long time, if anyone wants to help a brother out........
  • Options
    nadahombrenadahombre Brooklyn Posts: 456
    PM-ed for Noblesville and Knoxville
  • Options
    BS122256BS122256 Posts: 34

I believe you were emailed today around 1.30pm my time bud - so 3.5 hrs ago?

Nothing in my inbox or spam. I checked the email address I pm'd you and it's correct. Can you please double check and re-send. Appreciate it! And the update! Let me know if you need anything from me, if it helps I can give you a secondary email. Just let me know.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,540
    Got a Grand, fact I got two
    That's OK man, 'cuz I love Paul
    Glorified posters from the golden era
    Feels so giddy, when unrolled

I love when exhaustion paves the way for delirium.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,185
    100 Pacer said:

Got a Grand, fact I got two
    That's OK man, 'cuz I love Paul
    Glorified posters from the golden era
    Feels so giddy, when unrolled

I love when exhaustion paves the way for delirium.

Lol. I love your posts.
  • Options
    Vancouver is being added back into the mixer and is now available due to unforeseen circumstances on the buyers part.

East Lansing also now available as our buyer was suddenly laid off.

I have seen both posters and they are blemish free and mint. I know many frown on using the word mint in describing archived posters, but these are as mint as I have ever seen 98s. You will not be disappointed.
  • Options
    Apologies there is also another LA poster available. Initially we thought there was only one, but another has been uncovered - price $75 MINT
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    edited March 2016
    pdalowsky said:

Apologies there is also another LA poster available. Initially we thought there was only one, but another has been uncovered - price $75 MINT

It's unbelievable to me why the LA poster doesn't get more attention! $75 for a poster that's almost 20 years old, sounds like its in mint condition and extremely limited.

Somebody better snatch this up quick, we are just waking up over here in the U.S., Paul. :sleepy:

Great price and great job with this sale, thanks!
    Post edited by front spacer on
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    pjman75pjman75 Indiana Posts: 836
    So true, if for no other reason than to own a 98 for less than $100. Remarkable.
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago