Options

CLOSED 1998 posters F/S - east lansing, Seattle , Vancouver, Portland Virginia beach etc

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    adamg5 said:

$386 avg on ebeans for the Seattle.

Guys....let's look at ANYTHING that has sold since 2014!

$600
    $700
    $599
    $579
    $800

These don't exactly pop up on eBay every week!
    Word!

The ebeans overall average including poster prices paid in 2000 is hardly indicative of poster pricing in 2016. The stock around 98 posters has been steadily increasing over recent years.....three years ago no one would have expected Dallas to become an $800 poster.

Have you seen whats going on with the Melbourne 98?

there are countless examples, - east troy too.....3 years ago it was likely half the price it can command now.

The 1998 era is heralded as the golden year of Pearl Jam posters, and as they become more and more scarce they are appealing to collectors alike in terms of their value and popularity. They all had very limited print runs compared to prints of today, and I think its clear as a collection of posters generally, the rise in their pricing to present is no fluke - its an indication as to their desirability and worth.

A good reason why a search of ebay on a completed listings basis or looking at ebeans 6 months averages is a far better handle on current market prices.

I mean - anyone see Bennys selling for $300? 8 years ago that wasn't uncommon at all..........

IMO the Seattle is very attractively priced here, and you would be stretched to find a better deal at this present time......
  • Options
    If one sold last year with pin holes in it at $450 I think that absolutely validates the pricing here further
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,542
    The seller could have very easily set new EB highs with dozens of these '98s. Let's not question these prices when they were made available here and quickly snatched up by many pleased members as opposed to being offered up elsewhere for more, much more. EB average prices, with respect, are a snapshot of prices certainly but when it comes to these '96s and '98s they go out the window IMO. Not to mention quite a few private sales, including this one, go undocumented on EB.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Pricing was extremely fair on this sale.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    pdalowsky said:

IMO the Seattle is very attractively priced here, and you would be stretched to find this poster for sale ANYWHERE at the present time......

Fixed that last part for you Paul!!
    That was the whole point of my post...
    you can't find the Seattle '98 poster for sale ANYWHERE!!!
    After searching for this poster for 17 years,
    I consider myself extremely lucky to have found one in the first place!!
    I was put in contact with the person that was willing to sell his copy...
    I never would have found it if not for the help of a GREAT friend
    here on the PJ boards who knew I was looking for this poster.
    I didn't mean to start a debate about the price of the Seattle '98 poster...
    just pointing out how rare it is to find one of these beauties up for sale in the first place!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:

pdalowsky said:

IMO the Seattle is very attractively priced here, and you would be stretched to find this poster for sale ANYWHERE at the present time......

just pointing out how rare it is to find one of these beauties up for sale in the first place!!

Dave you're nuts, lol.

I searched for a LA 98 for years. Always missing them on eBay. Finally I overpaid for a so called mint one. I was tired of looking so I bid pretty high. I overpaid $135!!! It's a $100 poster at best and I paid $235.

Shortly after that they started coming out of the woodworks and I purchased a nice mint one(or two) for just over $100. So I should have waited...

Sorry for hijacking. I love that Seattle poster. One of a few that I really like for a concert that I didn't attend.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

derbydave said:

pdalowsky said:

Dave you're nuts, lol.

I searched for a LA 98 for years. Always missing them on eBay. Finally I overpaid for a so called mint one. I was tired of looking so I bid pretty high. I overpaid $135!!! It's a $100 poster at best and I paid $235.

Shortly after that they started coming out of the woodworks and I purchased a nice mint one(or two) for just over $100. So I should have waited...

Sorry for hijacking. I love that Seattle poster. One of a few that I really like for a concert that I didn't attend.
    That's a tie-dyed nut...
    Thanks to YOU!!
    :rofl:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    pdalowsky said:

adamg5 said:

$386 avg on ebeans for the Seattle.

Guys....let's look at ANYTHING that has sold since 2014!

$600
    $700
    $599
    $579
    $800

These don't exactly pop up on eBay every week!
    Word!

The ebeans overall average including poster prices paid in 2000 is hardly indicative of poster pricing in 2016. The stock around 98 posters has been steadily increasing over recent years.....three years ago no one would have expected Dallas to become an $800 poster.

Have you seen whats going on with the Melbourne 98?

there are countless examples, - east troy too.....3 years ago it was likely half the price it can command now.

The 1998 era is heralded as the golden year of Pearl Jam posters, and as they become more and more scarce they are appealing to collectors alike in terms of their value and popularity. They all had very limited print runs compared to prints of today, and I think its clear as a collection of posters generally, the rise in their pricing to present is no fluke - its an indication as to their desirability and worth.

A good reason why a search of ebay on a completed listings basis or looking at ebeans 6 months averages is a far better handle on current market prices.

I mean - anyone see Bennys selling for $300? 8 years ago that wasn't uncommon at all..........

IMO the Seattle is very attractively priced here, and you would be stretched to find a better deal at this present time......
    From a seriously addicted PJ poster collector.....

Gospel truth here.

Ebeans doesn't set the market, they report out. And you can't always tell condition by EB averages. Im sure many of you in this thread have seen my sale thread as well. I can tell you without a doubt and unequivocally, that these prices in this thread are CRAZY good and if i wasn't liquidating my collection, i promise you i would have purchased the ENTIRE collection that is/was offered here at these prices. 98's are fetching high $$$ again as they well should. The very best!

I am about to list my mint copy of Seattle 98' and i can guarantee you it will not be selling for a mere $650. These are LIMITED pieces and there will never be any more....supply and demand. Congrats to those who scored in this sale.....amazing deals to be had and for a great cause!
  • Options
    sdavissdavis Posts: 960
    So tempting!
  • Options
    adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    Sorry meant no disrespect. I think the prices are very fair.
  • Options
    Many will have emails from the seller directly on these and received photos of what they will receive.

Everything I have been copied in on and seen today has shown absolutely perfect prints - no dings visible, and crisp corners. These have been stored impeccably and maintained in as new condition. It was expected that they would be in great condition, however even my high expectations are being exceeded here.

As for shipping, the initial run of posters are going out with a $40 shipping charge applied. This charge covers the posters packing, shipping, and tracking with insurance. It might be on the low side, but the first batch of folks being processed are being trusted to make good any undercharge on the basis also that if the $40 is an over charge they too can trust a partial refund will be forthcoming.

Paypal fees are heavy - at 2.9% plus 30cents per transaction some of the $1000 plus orders are going to see a fee of $30+ applied. The seller is open to receiving friends and family payments at the buyers discretion if they wish to save the fee. It is purely down to choice, however he is not going to stand the PayPal fees on these and the PayPal fee will be additional to the shipping charges applied. Be assured no one is profiting here on the shipping fees etc or the PayPal charges.....these are simply unavoidable costs and the shipping fee especially is necessary to ensure all parties are protected when dealing with such valuable items that are in the most part irreplaceable.

The prints have been priced attractively and the seller cannot afford to lose the PayPal rake on top, but to reiterate the friends facility is there and you will not be let down. The seller is a fine upstanding individual with great standards, and you can rest assured he will ship you your goods as promised. However he completely understand if people prefer to have protection on the payment, as after all people will have undoubtedly been burned by others in the past and will feel the fee is worthy of the peace of mind. Either way the option is there, and the options will be presented in the payment email.

Any questions please feel free to ask .....
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    Thanks for putting this together, Paul. I can't wait for my Camden print!
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    Can't wait for my seattle, Paul. Great job as per usual
  • Options
    first batch shipped yesterday - gonna be some seriously happy folks on receipt.
  • Options
    Update - NY is pending and likely sold
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    I haven't got the email yet about payment. I assume there are a lot of people to contact but just want to make sure if it gets stuck in a spam folder or something we will get a PM on the boards.
  • Options
    Cool still patiently waiting on Sacramento email. Please pm me if you tried to email me cause I got nothing yet. Thx again
  • Options
    another 10-12 emails going out today guys
  • Options
    Got my email and just made payment for my two (Kansas City and Atlanta 98's). It's going to feel like Christmas when the mail comes next week!!!
    Petty sang "The waiting is the hardest part"
    Eddie sang "The waiting drove me mad"

I know they are both right.
  • Options
    A poster collectors wet dream right here. So glad I don't collect posters or I would be in deep
  • Options

Got my email and just made payment for my two (Kansas City and Atlanta 98's). It's going to feel like Christmas when the mail comes next week!!!

Fantastic
  • Options
    It is believed all DC are now pending too
  • Options
    wecrazybobwecrazybob Posts: 1,027
    sdavis said:

sdavis said:

I would love to own that Seattle poster!

I'll trade mine with you, but I don't think you're willing to give up a missing link ;)
    I cant break up the set! That Seattle poster is cool though.
    I agree, I guess you'll have to sell me all 3. ;) Wonder how many other people attended all 3 missing link shows.
    Toledo, Oh 09-22-96, Chicago, Illinois 06-29-98, Portland, Oregon 07-18-98, Vancouver, British Columbia 07-19-98, Seattle 07-21-98, Seattle 07-22-98, Noblesville, Indiana 08-17-98, East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-98, Barrie, Ontario 08-22-98, Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-98, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 08-25-98, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 08-26-98, Camden, Camden, New Jersey 08-28-98 Camden, New Jersey 08-29-98,Knoxville, Tennessee 09-06-98, Columbia, Maryland 09-18-98,Mountain View, California 10-30-99,Mountain View, California 10-31-99, Virginia Beach, Virginia 08-03-00,Charlotte, North Carolina 08-04-00,Greensboro, North Carolina 08-06-00, Atlanta, Georgia 08-07-00,West Palm Beach, Florida 08-09-00,West Palm Beach, Florida 08-10-00,Tampa, Florida 08-12-00,New Orleans, Louisiana 08-14-00,Memphis, Tennessee 08-15-00,Nashville, Tennessee 08-17-00, Noblesville, Indiana 08-18-00,Cincinnati, Ohio 08-20-00,Columbus, Ohio 08-21-00, Wantagh, New York 08-23-00, Wantagh, New York 08-24-00,Wantagh, New York 08-25-00, Saratoga Springs, New York 08-27-00,Mansfield, Massachusetts 08-29-00,Mansfield, Massachusetts 08-30-00,Camden, New Jersey 09-01-00,Camden, New Jersey 09-02-00,Columbia, Maryland 09-04-00,Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 09-05-00,Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-00, East Troy, Wisconsin 10-08-00,Chicago, Illinois 10-09-00,Cleveland, Ohio 04-25-03,Columbus, Ohio 06-24-03,Kitchener, ON 09-11-05, London, ON 9-12-05,Hamilton, ON 9-13-05,Cincinnati, Ohio 06-24-06, Chicago, Illinois 7-19-13, Cincinnati, Ohio 10-01-14, St. Louis, Missouri 10-03-14, Memphis, Tennessee 10-14-14,Detroit, Michigan 10-16-14, Moline, Illinois 10-17-14, Columbia SC 4-21-16 , Lexington KY 4-26-16, Philadelphia PA 4-28-16, Philadelphia PA 4-29-16, Boston 8-5-16 , Boston 8-7-16 Chicago 8-20-16, Chicago 8-22-16, Seattle 8-8-18, Seattle 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18, Chicago 8-18-18, Chicago 8-20-18, Boston 9-2-18, Boston 9-4-18
  • Options
    JV140606JV140606 Detroit Posts: 355
    So what's all left?
  • Options
    Received my Hartford 98 yesterday.
    Excellent condition very happy I waited it out best price I've seen in the past 2years thanks again!
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,185
    I received my tube yesterday. The posters arrived in immaculate condition, and very quickly too. I have nothing but thanks and appreciation for all involved with this sale. Email communication, packing, shipping, etc was fantastic, everything about this sale went as smoothly as possible.
    Anyone in the queue awaiting emails/invoice, have no fears or concerns, everything will work out and you will be equally thrilled when your poster(s) arrive.
    Thanks again. I hope to do this again sometime soon!
  • Options
    More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 591
    edited February 2016
    I received my posters yesterday- Camden and Raleigh.
    They were shipped with lightning speed and expert care. Both arrived in perfect condition and the Raleigh is already framed! The communication was top notch. I was refunded the difference between the estimated shipping cost and the actual. Nobody does that! I've always steered clear of '98 poster in the past because of the forgery risk, or just being scammed in general. I'm so glad I was able to safely add two '98 gems to my collection. This was a fantastic experience! Thanks for everything Paul!
    Post edited by More Coffee on
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    Hey if Seattle is still available I have a home for it- mine!
    Thanks!
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Woohoo paid for my Sacramento 98! :)
    Hope to show a framed pic here soon. I know their is already a framed thread but this thread deserves some framed pics ;)
  • Options
    Delighted to hear the posters are landing safely