Options

Petition For Online Wrigley Poster Pre-Order

Comments

• Options
    peterwhughespeterwhughes NH Posts: 153
    I concur. Great idea
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    Yes, 100% support this. Especially for a show like Wrigley, this would alleviate a lot of stress for people going to the shows.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    Pre-order for poster/sticker, etc. would be awesome.
  • Options
    paylingpayling Seattle Posts: 294
    Please!
    PA
  • Options
    Paul-JamPaul-Jam Posts: 136
    bump
    2006  July-6               Las Vegas
    2006  July-18             San Francisco 3
    2009  October-6         Los Angeles 3
    2013  November-21   San Diego
    2013  November-26   Oakland
    2014  October-22       Denver
    2016  August-5           Fenway 1
    2016  August-7           Fenway 2
    2016  November-11    Temple of The Dog- San Francisco 1
    2018  August-18         Wrigley 1
    2018  August-20         Wrigley 2
    2018  September-4     Boston 2
    2022  May-18              Sacramento...fuck covid
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    signed
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Great idea, but doubt it will happen. Hoping that they at least have a pop up shop in the week leading up to the shows.
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    I may have already signed/commented on this thread, but I don't remember for sure. So I'll chime in on the matter again.

This is a great idea!!!! Please, please, please @Santos L. Halper
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    Eroom21Eroom21 Canada Posts: 100
    Do it! My wife and I are coming from Canada, and I don't want to spend a day of my precious, and costly vacation waiting in-line when I could be enjoying the city.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    Signed.
    I'm not going this time, but those merch lines in 2013 were cuckoo-bananas. I didn't even wait in them and I still felt that pain!
    (but yeah, good luck... I can't see 10C reacting to this at all. Doesn't hurt to try though)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    Signed. Also 1 poster per night. Holy shit, we don't need 4 again.
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    please do this!
  • Options
    rrebernrrebern Chicago Posts: 69
    Signed

Please do this 10C and put a stop to the flippers gouging the true fans with their outrageous resale prices.
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    rrebern said:

Signed

Please do this 10C and put a stop to the flippers gouging the true fans with their outrageous resale prices.

A lot of the 10C members are the flippers. Hate to say, but it's the truth.
  • Options
    rrebernrrebern Chicago Posts: 69
    EM194007 said:

rrebern said:

Signed

Ah, my apologies then. Maybe to be fair to all, a strictly enforced one per customer rule could help? Not sure how it could be enforced. Maybe going "Merch Straightedge" like buck502000 is the only solution.
  • Options
    rrebern said:

Ah, my apologies then. Maybe to be fair to all, a strictly enforced one per customer rule could help? Not sure how it could be enforced. Maybe going "Merch Straightedge" like buck502000 is the only solution.

I don't know if there is anyway to enforce it. You could offer people to buy one with a 10C ticket purchase. But they'll still have to sell them at the shows. Unless they offer a special one just for the 10C ticket purchase of said show. But people will want the different variant sold at the show poster as well. I 100% agree with one poster rule. In Ft Lauderdale, we had car with 5 people park near us, they all went up to the trailer, and they all bought the max they would sell them. They were listing them on ebay right there in the parking lot. They do it to fund their shows they're going to is what they said. Wanted to give them a piece of my mind, but didn't need any trouble that would ruin my night.
  • Options
    Thats one of the main problems that I can see. The people in the merch truck are not putting a consistent cap on items at the point of sale. I think that you put a limit on show specific items for a predetermined time frame before the show to allow more folks to get through the line. As show time approaches you could, depending on quantities left, lift this and let folks buy as many as they want.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

rrebern said:

Signed

Absolutely true. I actually think that way more of the flippers are fans than not.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rrebern said:

EM194007 said:

rrebern said:

Signed

If the lines are 5 hours long then it would basically be enforced by not allowing anyone time to get through the line more than once, so they couldn't have more than one poster, lol. But obviously, none of us want these 5 hour merch lines to continue. If the lines were reasonable, the flippers could just wait in line multiple times... maybe wear a fake mustache the second go 'round, dark glasses and a wig the third time, etc. :lol:;) But seriously, I think they would need a 2 poster limit. If they are going to force us all to buy two tickets, they need to let us buy that many posters too.
  • Options
    The tricky part to this problem is to figure out a way to make show specific merch only available to those folks attending the show. This opens up a whole new can of worms but i see no other way besides the pre order package option.I think its safe to say that the majority of the problem are flippers who are not attending the show.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Paul-Jam said:

The tricky part to this problem is to figure out a way to make show specific merch only available to those folks attending the show. This opens up a whole new can of worms but i see no other way besides the pre order package option.I think its safe to say that the majority of the problem are flippers who are not attending the show.

Why not just open it up to everyone and limit it to 1 of each item per person? I know it would be a shipping nightmare for 10c which is why they won't do it...
  • Options

Why not just open it up to everyone and limit it to 1 of each item per person? I know it would be a shipping nightmare for 10c which is why they won't do it...

But what about the fans who are not 10C members. Do they get shut out 100% then, if only online orders and not sold at the show?
  • Options
    Paul-Jam said:

They could only sell merch inside the venue, like at most concerts. Not rocket science. I assume they sell outside so that people can go put their merch somewhere... but people could manage I'm sure. They'd just need to make sure that there are always enough poster tubes available (or, better yet, sell them in the tube, as long as they aren't packaged too early and the tubes aren't too small).
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Paul-Jam said:

10C could just do a pre-order, sight unseen option. Have a pre-order window for fan club members, and what ever is ordered in that window is made to order and then shipped after the show. 10c would just make and sell the normal allotment at the stadiums for the people at the show and those fan club members who chose not to pre-order anything. I think it would work just fine for everyone.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    They could also just attach a poster to every single 10C ticket, and make it the fan's choice. If they select that they want a poster, it will be at the "ticker holders' merch booth". Show your ticket, get your poster. Probably even better to have the buyer pay for the poster while they pay for their tickets. Then 10C wouldn't have to worry about no-shows.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Signed. I have credit card debt to pay off.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    Beat the heat bump
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    do it Ten Club... i guess it makes too much sense to make easy money huh? let the fucking flippers stand in line. throw a bone to the real fans.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    lolobugg said:

do it Ten Club... i guess it makes too much sense to make easy money huh? let the fucking flippers stand in line. throw a bone to the real fans.

Please. BUMP!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771
    The reality is they are smart enough to create new merch items to make the lines happen, even if we help invent poster solutions. I waited for posters and walked away with a few pins and keychains because, well, I was at the counter.

It would be nice to see a preorder for a Wrigley 1+2 combo poster at a larger print run, and still sell some limited edition day-of-show prints as well.