Options

Petition For Online Wrigley Poster Pre-Order

Comments

• Options
    This would be so great! I don't see how people could complain...
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    bump . Santos. we won't bitch this time. i promise.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    WildFlyWildFly Posts: 210
    Heck, if you need extra workers to make this happen, I know of two that would be willing to help!! Has to be much better than waiting in those lines!! PM me Santos
  • Options
    GoinHungry94GoinHungry94 Albuquerque, NM Posts: 236
    Signed as fuck, I do sort of agree with less posters. It's hard being a Pearl Jam fan and not wanting to buy all the merch :D But yeah, preorder on at the very least the poster(s) would be fantastic. If all the other merch is available or like 75% of it was available for preorder, that'd be pretty cool, too
    Hey nanana
    ain't that somethin
    PJ Chi 2--08-24-2009
    SG Chi 1--01-23-2013
    PJ Wrigley--07-19-2013
    CCornell Chi--10-06-2015
    PJ Wrigley--08-20 & 22 2016
    PJ Wrigley--08-18 & 20 2018
    Denver— 09-22-2022
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Dear 10c,

We need this. We really do. We beg of you to consider this. For any of the pain in the assness it was last time, I apologize. I admit that I wasn't around the forum at that time, but I would love you to please consider giving it another try. We promise not to bitch, but I can't say that there isn't someone out there somewhere that won't. (Because let's face it, you give something away and people bitch about that.)

We are most happy to pay postage. We won't complain about the cost.

We are most happy to endure the travel time of Mail Innovations.

We don't demand this be on our doorstep when we arrive back home. Make it a mid-September ship with end of September arrival. We could care less.

We went on a bit of a road trip today. My husband and I were talking about Wrigley. We were talking about all of the people who are going to be there and all of the friends that I have through 10c who we'll get to hang out with. I admit that I would much rather pay a fee to know that merch would land on my doorstep so that I can hang out with the friends that I have made here on this forum.

I respectfully and kindly ask that you please consider doing this again.

I thank you.

Amy
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    Very well said Amy.
  • Options
    PJArtistPJArtist New Orleans Posts: 542
    Bump for this !:)
    New Orleans 00/Seattle 02/New Orleans, Houston, Dallas 03/
    Kissimmee 04/Montreal 05/Chicago 06/Gorge 06/Leeds 06/London 07/Lollapalooza 07/EV Chicago 08/EV Santa Barbara 08/Bonnaroo 08/EV @ McCartney NY 09/EV Atlanta 09/Spectrum 09 (4 shows)/Jazz Fest '10/Voices for Justice (EV) 10/Columbus 10/Noblesville 10/EV Sydney, Melbourne 11/EV Philadelphia, Detroit 11/Alpine weekend/Toronto 11 (2 shows)/Made in America 2012/Deluna Fest 2012/Missoula 2012/Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle 2013/Global Citizen/Florida 16/MSG 16/Wrigley 16
  • Options
    Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 580
    Bump
    Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,479
    Pssst ...... Good morning SLH / 10club.
    Back to page one for some poster pre-orders for Fenway and wrigley.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836
    Now that the spring poster madness has died down, 10C can move onto this project.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

Now that the spring poster madness has died down, 10C can move onto this project.

Agreed!
  • Options
    mwelchonsmwelchons Posts: 108
    How would this work? Only 10c folks with 10c tickets to either Boston or Chicago show or would all 10c members be eligible?
  • Options
    agentpinckneyagentpinckney Lakemont, NY Posts: 267
    mwelchons said:

How would this work? Only 10c folks with 10c tickets to either Boston or Chicago show or would all 10c members be eligible?

It's certainly up for debate, but I'm sure a great, great majority of 10c ticket-holders are going to the show and a fair share of them buy posters. It would certainly be more manageable for 10c to offer pre-sale orders on 10c ticket-holders only. Maximum of one poster per ticket-holder. It would cut down on the merch lines considerably, I believe.
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886

mwelchons said:

It's certainly up for debate, but I'm sure a great, great majority of 10c ticket-holders are going to the show and a fair share of them buy posters. It would certainly be more manageable for 10c to offer pre-sale orders on 10c ticket-holders only. Maximum of one poster per ticket-holder. It would cut down on the merch lines considerably, I believe.
    pretty shitty to say only 10c members with 10c tickets. Lot of us got shut out and had to get them through the public sale or other means. so you want us to get screwed again?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

mwelchons said:

pretty shitty to say only 10c members with 10c tickets. Lot of us got shut out and had to get them through the public sale or other means. so you want us to get screwed again?
    Let's keep it positive, people. No fighting. No bitching or we have no chance of it happening.
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    Steelerfan does have a point. 10c tickets only make up a certain percentage of the total tickets sold.
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I think it would be more than fair to have a two day pre-order event here on the website that is open to all 10c members. Limit it to a certain number of orders and then once that number is hit, the sale is over. If you missed out, good luck at the show(s).

And I have tickets to both Wrigley shows.
  • Options
    AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    A pre-order, but you have to show up at the venue to pick it up from Will Call.
  • Options
    ghenry25ghenry25 Baltimore Posts: 27
    While I agree 110%, I doubt it'll ever happen. It's supply & demand- economics 101. They're creating the market and dangling enough to keep the fans wanting more.

The anxiety you speak of is unbearable though. The anticipation of going to see them and grabbing merch is super stressful haha.
    4/28/16- Philly 1
    4/29/16- Philly 2
  • Options
    Agreed that a presale should be open to all 10c members.
  • Options
    And I have 10c tickets
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    ghenry25 said:

While I agree 110%, I doubt it'll ever happen. It's supply & demand- economics 101. They're creating the market and dangling enough to keep the fans wanting more.

The anxiety you speak of is unbearable though. The anticipation of going to see them and grabbing merch is super stressful haha.

As much as I hate to say it... If this presale doesn't happen, I'm going to have to skip the merch lines and hope I can score the posters through the 10c sale after the fact. I may try to get a poster inside Wrigley since I have reserved seats, but I'm going to enjoy Chicago and try to meet some new people.

• Options
    ghenry25ghenry25 Baltimore Posts: 27
    bflynn1 said:

ghenry25 said:

As much as I hate to say it... If this presale doesn't happen, I'm going to have to skip the merch lines and hope I can score the posters through the 10c sale after the fact. I may try to get a poster inside Wrigley since I have reserved seats, but I'm going to enjoy Chicago and try to meet some new people.

Yeah man that'll be an amazing show. Enjoy yourself!
    4/28/16- Philly 1
    4/29/16- Philly 2
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    This is sick, let's ride
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    wbutler29 said:

AceCool said:

It certainly doesn't seem like a comparable package to the 2013 set up will be offered this year. If that were the case then it seems that it would already be available for purchase.

agreed. Just a thought of a 10C member exclusive for Wrigley. Pre-Merch Fundraiser. $20/ticket (order via the website well in advance so they know how many to expect; 2 tix per member, ID required, wrist bands). 10C rents a hotel banquet room, Sets up merch pre-sale for a specifc time, donate proceeds of the presale fee, minus expenses for set up to local charity or vitalogy foundation. Do it Thursday night or Friday before Wrigley 1. Gets the merch in the hands of their people. Gives a nice chunk of change to a local charity. May calm some of the merch madness . . . Thinking out loud.
    I like this too. I forgot to mention in my original post that in West Palm in '08 they sold wristbands for posters which you could redeem at the end of the show. I thought it worked great. Now look, I'm not even beginning to suggest that the amount of people attending these shows compares to an amphitheater show in West Palm Beach. I realize that this idea probably poses more than a few logistical hurdles. But wbutler29 also brings to the fore another great option: rather than go through the fuss and carbon foot printing of sending us our posters, just sell us vouchers and allow us to come and go to a specified location for a few hours the day before the show. I feel it'd also give the guys a more crystallized "ballpark idea" (see what I did there) of how many of these beauties to print...
  • Options
    rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212
    I had to buy my tix to Fenway from StubHub since I wasn't able to get 10C tix. I feel being a 10C member, folks like me should be able to preorder our posters as well in a perfect world. Especially for Fenway, where all tickets are reserved and there is no GA, I'm just afraid merch lines at Fenway would be twice as bad since there won't be a GA line whatsoever. I'd be over the moon if they did preorder for all of us 10C members.
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    If they went 10c members with 10c tickets, there is no reason that they couldn't do a preorder and a merch truck still for those who have public sale tix. Fingers crossed they do a pop up shop a few days before the show so I can take care of my merch and just enjoy the whole days of the shows
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,164
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,517
    I'm a merch fan. I really would much rather spend my time with the Strangest Tribe in pubs and bars around Chicago, pre-gaming the show, than stand in line to snag merch that'll be sold out and on ebay before the show actually starts. Merch lines give me heart problems in my old age.

Pre-show merch would be swell. Fuck the flippers.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    i got idi got id Posts: 863
    This would be perfect. Didn't the Foo Fighters do something similar for their ballpark shows? Maybe not for posters, but for shirts, etc.