Options

**DüSSELDORF**THE thread

Comments

• Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    audiodave wrote:
    :eek: You're in the same hotel as me!?

You're a real cut-up there, d.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    We get there the day before, the hotel isn't too far away from the venue if i remember correctly. You wanting to get to the arena early?
    Not sure how early, kinda depends on when the doors open. In Arnhem I was there at 3pm and friends who came around 6pm still had entrance to the front area, now I know Gelredome is bigger, but this time i'm not going really early, dunno what time doors open in Dusseldorf..
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    collymcdcollymcd Posts: 39
    We should really organise a meet-up spot for the pre-show party. Any body have any ideas?
  • Options
    sdsurfsdsurf San Diego, CA Posts: 69
    I booked a room at The Tulip, right by the LTU arena when the show was going to be there. But, I'm not locked into that, and was wondering if there are any better choices now that the venue has changed. Any advice? I am already booked for the night before at the backpackers hostel... but was going to change the night of the show.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    12/31/91, 7/18/92, 7/19/92, 11/1/92, 6/24/95, 11/4/95, 10/25/00, 6/2/03, 6/5/03, 9/2/05, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 6/18/07, 6/21/07, 6/26/07, 4/12/08(EV), 6/22/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09, 5/18/10, 6/25/10, 7/5/11(EV), 7/6/11(EV) 11/3/11, 11/4/11, 11/6/11, 7/7/12, 7/9/12, 7/10/12, 7/19/13, 11/21/13, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 9/9/17 (EV), 7/1/18, 7/3/18, 7/5/18, 8/10/18, 9/28/19 (EV), 9/25/21 (EV), 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 2/25/22 (EV), 2/27/22 (EV), 5/3/22, 5/6/22, 5/12/22, 9/16/22, 10/1/22 (EV). 

https://www.facebook.com/michaelpjohns
    https://www.instagram.com/mikejblue/
  • Options
    sdsurf wrote:
    I booked a room at The Tulip, right by the LTU arena

I did it too but i cancelled it and booked a new room at Hotel Mercure not so far from the venue and 5 min from the airport (and cheaper than the Tulip):

http://www.mercure.com/mercure/fichehotel/gb/mer/5371/fiche_hotel.shtml
  • Options
    sliversliver Posts: 74
    We get there the day before, the hotel isn't too far away from the venue if i remember correctly. You wanting to get to the arena early?

we arrive the day before too...hotel is near the ISS dome, maybe 15 min with buses.

PS: i'm sure now...i've an extra 10c ticket for sale (face value)...PM me for any info.
    Faithful, to you
  • Options
    just a fyi: Mate of mine saw Interpol this week in Amsterdam and told me they rocked hard, so I presume it'll be a great opener!

and I've been listening to the Futureheads and they have some great tracks too!
  • Options
    collymcdcollymcd Posts: 39
    Obi Once wrote:
    just a fyi: Mate of mine saw Interpol this week in Amsterdam and told me they rocked hard, so I presume it'll be a great opener!

and I've been listening to the Futureheads and they have some great tracks too!

Saw Interpol two years ago at the Oxegen Festival over here in Ireland. They were epic to say the least. I'm not too keen about having two openers though, surely this will only cut into the length of the PJ set list... unless they want to break curfew again, which of course I have no problem with :D
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    sliver wrote:
    we arrive the day before too...hotel is near the ISS dome, maybe 15 min with buses.

PS: i'm sure now...i've an extra 10c ticket for sale (face value)...PM me for any info.

Looks like we chose a good hotel then, full of PJ fans! See you all there i hope.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    Realized this might be a better place for this post.

I just found out that I need to go to the Netherlands for work the same week as PJ will be in Dusseldorf - I will be about 35 miles away. There is no way I am going to let this pass by without trying to get into this show.

Will there be scalpers outside of the venue? Will I have a decent shot at getting a ticket? Every US show there is always someone selling but I don't know what to expect here. Also, any locals have any idea how I might be able to get from Venlo to Dusseldorf? I think there was a rail link between the two but I am not sure how this might work trying to get back after the show - I need to be back to work for Friday AM. I will ride a bike if I have to. I am really looking forward to experiencing PJ in an European setting, should be a blast!

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • Options
    WaxxWaxx Posts: 36

Will there be scalpers outside of the venue? Will I have a decent shot at getting a ticket? Every US show there is always someone selling but I don't know what to expect here. Also, any locals have any idea how I might be able to get from Venlo to Dusseldorf? I think there was a rail link between the two but I am not sure how this might work trying to get back after the show - I need to be back to work for Friday AM. I will ride a bike if I have to. I am really looking forward to experiencing PJ in an European setting, should be a blast!

I'd say there are always scalpers trying to sell their tickets so that should not be a problem. And yes, there is a train going from Venlo to Dusseldorf and back. Takes a little over an hour. Problem is, though, the last train to Venlo leaves at about 10 PM and the first one in the morning (including changing trains in Monchengladbach) at 430 AM. So riding your bike may be your best option.
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    sliver wrote:

yippee!! sliver, you're a life saver! :D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Realized this might be a better place for this post.

I just found out that I need to go to the Netherlands for work the same week as PJ will be in Dusseldorf - I will be about 35 miles away. There is no way I am going to let this pass by without trying to get into this show.

PM sent
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Options
    Will there be scalpers outside of the venue? Will I have a decent shot at getting a ticket?
    seen this:
    sliver wrote:
    ?

And yes almost always there are scalpers, the bigger the name the bigger the chance. I'd say 90%. I ordered my tickets online tho and no problem..
  • Options
    collymcd wrote:
    Saw Interpol two years ago at the Oxegen Festival over here in Ireland. They were epic to say the least. I'm not too keen about having two openers though, surely this will only cut into the length of the PJ set list... unless they want to break curfew again, which of course I have no problem with :D
    I also saw them in 05 and they were great, seems the new work is really good too, so :D

and well I presume they plan the openers in a way it won't mean PJ will play less, that would royally suck ass.
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    seen this:

?

And yes almost always there are scalpers, the bigger the name the bigger the chance. I'd say 90%. I ordered my tickets online tho and no problem..

Thanks. I am going to have to try and buy them the day of the show, I will not be sure that I can go until that week. Plus I am going to try and bring a few of my buddies with me if I can.
  • Options
    Waxx wrote:
    I'd say there are always scalpers trying to sell their tickets so that should not be a problem. And yes, there is a train going from Venlo to Dusseldorf and back. Takes a little over an hour. Problem is, though, the last train to Venlo leaves at about 10 PM and the first one in the morning (including changing trains in Monchengladbach) at 430 AM. So riding your bike may be your best option.

Wow! I obviously could not make the 10PM train. how late are the bars open until? I could probably stay for the late train and just pull an all nighter. How about cabs or car service, any idea what I would be looking at cost wise? Thanks!
  • Options
    WaxxWaxx Posts: 36
    Wow! I obviously could not make the 10PM train. how late are the bars open until? I could probably stay for the late train and just pull an all nighter. How about cabs or car service, any idea what I would be looking at cost wise? Thanks!

I don't think there are any bars near the ISS dome. There is going to be an aftershow party at the "Pretty Vacant" club (http://www.prettyvacant.de). Quite small, but still cool. So that might be a good place to pull an all nighter. Also, it is within walking distance of the main station.

You mean a cab from Dusseldorf to Venlo ? No idea, rough guess: 60 Euro.
  • Options
    ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    So here's the thing: I have four other friends coming on with me to see Pearl Jam in Düsseldorf, but they haven't heard a lot of pearl jam songs.

Wich songs do you think will definately be played? The setlist...

1. Rocking in the free world is always there right?

Any other regualar songs that keep coming every show?
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Viggo wrote:
    So here's the thing: I have four other friends coming on with me to see Pearl Jam in Düsseldorf, but they haven't heard a lot of pearl jam songs.

Wich songs do you think will definately be played? The setlist...

1. Rocking in the free world is always there right?

Any other regualar songs that keep coming every show?
    the only 99.99% guaranteed is Even Flow.
    judging by last year: Alive, World Wide Suicide and Do The Evolution almost dead certs too, as is Yellow Ledbetter.
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Just got the email with ticket pick-up info.

10c box office at 3.30
    10c entry 5.15
    Normal entry 5.30
    PJ on at 9.00
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    Thanks. I am going to have to try and buy them the day of the show, I will not be sure that I can go until that week. Plus I am going to try and bring a few of my buddies with me if I can.
    No worries, I can't remember any mayor concert (e.g. U2. Pearl Jam, Incubus, Oasis etc) where I haven't seen a scalper in the Netherlands, I doubt it'll be any different in Germany.
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    No worries, I can't remember any mayor concert (e.g. U2. Pearl Jam, Incubus, Oasis etc) where I haven't seen a scalper in the Netherlands, I doubt it'll be any different in Germany.

I figured as much. I think I just wanted to talk about going as this came out of nowhere for me. Now I just have to make it happen.
  • Options
    AranarthAranarth Posts: 227
    I have a spare 10C ticket to sell, at face value, obviously. hit me up at denis AT aranarth DOT com if you want it.
  • Options
    Scouser LaScouser La Posts: 2
    Any locals able to give me the lowdown on Dusseldorf - what's hot n not pub and club wise in the Aldstadt. Any good ex-pat Irish bars and rock clubs for example.

Been looking at a few web sites but nothing really gives you much of an insight on what's really good and what ain't.

I'll be heading over 2 days before the gig and have plenty of time to kill so appreciate any pointers you can give me.
  • Options
    ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    Bump! Wondering the same thing...
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    To find a good pub, just follow the long line of PJ-shirt wearing people flooding out from Backpackers-Duesseldorf in search of something good.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    pjgirl23pjgirl23 Posts: 115
    Aranarth wrote:
    I have a spare 10C ticket to sell, at face value, obviously. hit me up at denis AT aranarth DOT com if you want it.

PM sent

cheers
    Tan
  • Options
    oswaldoswald Posts: 19
    I am selling two GA standing tickets for Dusseldorf half the face value price, PM if interested.
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    hello my good folks! I know I haven't been around in this thread.. :o but I now need to ask you something.

the thing is, I'll be in Dorf from the 20th to the 25th and I have accommodation until the 22nd. now, obviously I am going to try and book somewhere for myself for the remaining nights but just in case anyone would have any spare space in their room or something and wouldn't mind having me over there, I'd be very happy. :)

if not, that is perfectly ok and I'll come up with something else. :) haven't been able to book anything yet cause of some troubles with my card.. :rolleyes:

anyway, can't wait to see the city (my first time in Germany) and naturally the show!! :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."