Options

**DüSSELDORF**THE thread

Comments

• Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Do we know where exactly the new venue is? Is it near the LTU Arena?
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    Here is the link http://www.iss-dome.de/
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    redlady wrote:
    Here is the link http://www.iss-dome.de/
    No English.

Basics:
    - 12500 seater indoor arena, mostly for ice hockey
    - Rath area in Dusseldorf
    - get there by shuttle bus from the Rath train station
    - http://www.rheinbahn.de/opencms/opencms/html/en/index.htm has all the transport details
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    made a little map showing where it is compare to LTU:
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&om=1&hl=en&z=13&msid=100368804369189650007.0000011228dcadb35c8a5&msa=0
    Hinny wrote:
    Basics:
    - 12500 seater indoor arena, mostly for ice hockey
    smaller is better..and Ice venues are good (see Torino and Zagreb last year ;))..maybe because they're cooler so more energy left :D
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    made a little map showing where it is compare to LTU:
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&om=1&hl=en&z=13&msid=100368804369189650007.0000011228dcadb35c8a5&msa=0

smaller is better..and Ice venues are good (see Torino and Zagreb last year ;))..maybe because they're cooler so more energy left :D

Thanks for that map. The hotel we booked is just about in the middle between the two venues, so still don't have far to travel!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,881
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    NickrandNickrand Posts: 140
    I was in Cologne last weekend and saw a poster for the show right outside the Cologne main station. Ignore the venue part since that has now changed.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/nickrand/DSC00078.jpg
    '00 Detroit; '03 Detroit I MSG II Boston III; '04 Toledo Grand Rapids; '05 Thunder Bay Kitchener London; '06 Arnhem Barcelona Marseille Prague Berlin; '07 Chorzow London Duesseldorf Copenhagen Nijmegen Lollapalooza; '08 EV LA II EV SD I DC MSG I/II EV Montreal I/II EV Toronto I/II EV Chicago I/II; '09 EV Memphis EV Atlanta I/II Berlin Manchester London Sydney Brisbane Auckland Christchurch; '10 Noblesville Cleveland Dublin Belfast Berlin; '11 EV Detroit EV St. Louis EV Minneapolis PJ20 I/II Winnipeg '12 Berlin I/II Stockholm Oslo '13 London Dallas '14 Berlin Stockholm Oslo Detroit
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    I think it's about time we arranged a meet up the night before the gig! :D

Is there anywhere that you locals can recommend?
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Nickrand wrote:
    I was in Cologne last weekend and saw a poster for the show right outside the Cologne main station. Ignore the venue part since that has now changed.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/nickrand/DSC00078.jpg
    I hope I can get my hands on one of those!
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    Ok so i'm still in my obsessive double-triple-checking phase for this Euro tour, so anyone kind enough to check something for me?

I'm booked at Hotel Am Spichernplatz, and according to mapquest.com ISS Dome is 3.2 miles away from the hotel.

Hotel address is:

Hotel Am Spichernplatz
    Ulmenstrasse 68
    Dusseldorf
    Dusseldorf, Germany 40476

and we're going to:

ISS Dome
    Theodorstrasse 281
    Dusseldorf
    Nordrhein-Westfalen 40472

I feel like such a loser but i don't care! If someone can confirm i've got the right directions, that'd be great!

• Options
    SylSyl Posts: 149
    Ok so i'm still in my obsessive double-triple-checking phase for this Euro tour, so anyone kind enough to check something for me?

You did it right again!!
    (Just needed some reassurance myself cause we're going to Duesseldorf too. And London..how many times did I check our flightnumbers, timetables, the booked hotel, etc...secretly just as obsessed as you are!)
  • Options
    Rocks wrote:
    You did it right again!!
    (Just needed some reassurance myself cause we're going to Duesseldorf too. And London..how many times did I check our flightnumbers, timetables, the booked hotel, etc...secretly just as obsessed as you are!)

hehe, i'm glad i'm not the only one! It's good to be sure! I know it's a hard question...are you looking forward to any specific show?

• Options
    hehe, i'm glad i'm not the only one! It's good to be sure! I know it's a hard question...are you looking forward to any specific show?

Yeah that's a tough one!! I'm excited about all of them and never in my life I had to focus on 5 so I'm a bit confused. Can't believe it myself, last year we had Arnhem and Paris and I can't choose which one was best. Both awesome concerts in different ways. Now I'm looking forward to London the most I think because of the 10C tickets. I like the smaller venues better than festivals when I'm going to see Pearl Jam! I'm glad Duesseldorf venue shrank a bit!
    And you?
  • Options
    Rocks wrote:
    Yeah that's a tough one!! I'm excited about all of them and never in my life I had to focus on 5 so I'm a bit confused. Can't believe it myself, last year we had Arnhem and Paris and I can't choose which one was best. Both awesome concerts in different ways. Now I'm looking forward to London the most I think because of the 10C tickets. I like the smaller venues better than festivals when I'm going to see Pearl Jam! I'm glad Duesseldorf venue shrank a bit!
    And you?

London is obviously gonna be special because there's so many fanclub members, but i think i'm most looking forward to Copenhagen. It's the band's first time back since Roskilde, it's probably going to be a really special and emotional show.

I'm pretty glad about Dusseldorf too, a half empty stadium wouldn't have had the same atmosphere as a sold out smaller arena. It'll be buzzing now!

• Options
    Rocks wrote:
    You did it right again!!
    Meh. You guys have nothing on me until you start budgeting for that coffee you pick up after the train ticket you paid for to get from the airport to the hostel, while calculating how much Travelex charges for withdrawals in another currency unit.

And multiply that for 10 places. And lots of cups of coffee.
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    Meh. You guys have nothing on me until you start budgeting for that coffee you pick up after the train ticket you paid for to get from the airport to the hostel, while calculating how much Travelex charges for withdrawals in another currency unit.

At least we can do is to offer you some cups of coffee to ease the pain and to stay awake..we know life is expensive here
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:

there's more of us crawling out of the woodwork now lol. I guess it's the thought that one small hiccup could have a domino effect and result in missing a PJ show. That's just not going to be allowed!

• Options
    andreasandreas Posts: 27
    Unfortunately I won't be able to do it for the show, therefore I have a spare to sell, Standing for 45 Euros (bought it for 62)
    If interested pls send me a private message
  • Options
    OK guys, this is gonna be a good one !! :)

All you facebook geeks join the event for it ;)

A meet-up the day before?
  • Options
    sliversliver Posts: 74

Hotel Am Spichernplatz
    Ulmenstrasse 68
    Dusseldorf

same hotel of me and my friend...anyway...maybe i have a spare 10c tickets for this show...i'll be sure soon...anyone interested?
    Faithful, to you
  • Options
    sliver wrote:
    same hotel of me and my friend...anyway...maybe i have a spare 10c tickets for this show...i'll be sure soon...anyone interested?
    Yup, over here. It's actually for a friend, but I told her I'm keeping my eyes open for her.
  • Options
    sliver wrote:

hey thats cool! Maybe we can say hello!

• Options
    mike_donotmike_donot Posts: 2
    Hi, does anyone possess a spare standing ticket for ISS dome in Duesseldorf? Would be very grateful for a chance to buy it!
  • Options
    mike_donot wrote:
    Hi, does anyone possess a spare standing ticket for ISS dome in Duesseldorf? Would be very grateful for a chance to buy it!
    With the venue change, the standing tickets sold for the LTU arena may well end up being seated tickets.
  • Options
    Hotel address is:

Hotel Am Spichernplatz
    Ulmenstrasse 68
    Dusseldorf
    HA! That hotel will be filled with PJ fans, my mate and me are staying at the same place!

Oh and if I'm not wrong decides2dream and friends will also stay here..
  • Options
    luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    Obi Once wrote:
    HA! That hotel will be filled with PJ fans, my mate and me are staying at the same place!

Normally my gf and I will stay there too
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:

Ahh this is great! We'll have to meet up before the show, we could head off to the venue together too.

• Options
    luxpjamer wrote:
    Normally my gf and I will stay there too
    that sounds like it should be followed by a but...
    Ahh this is great! We'll have to meet up before the show, we could head off to the venue together too.
    when will everybody arrive? We'll get there the day of the concert, I'm not sure what time we'll be there and when we can check in etc. Most likely have a good lunch and bratwurst and off to the venue. It's coming close!
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    that sounds like it should be followed by a but...

when will everybody arrive? We'll get there the day of the concert, I'm not sure what time we'll be there and when we can check in etc. Most likely have a good lunch and bratwurst and off to the venue. It's coming close!

We get there the day before, the hotel isn't too far away from the venue if i remember correctly. You wanting to get to the arena early?

• Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    We get there the day before, the hotel isn't too far away from the venue if i remember correctly. You wanting to get to the arena early?
    :eek: You're in the same hotel as me!?
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07