**DüSSELDORF**THE thread

Comments

• Options
    other good Ticket Agencies that have Duesseldorf Tickets are:
    http://www.tickets.de
    http://www.koka36.de
  • Options
    ViggoViggo Posts: 274
    The Düsseldorf show will probarly never sell out. The stadium can have an attendence of 60 000 if you count the field and the seats.

So to talk about something else.. what will the setlist be do you guys think?
    I hope they play "Keep on rocking in the free world" and "It's OK" by Dead Moon. (Maybe in spanish:P).

This will be my first Pearl Jam show ever so I hope they play Alive, Jeremy and Black as well. Just to feel that I am really there..!!

Rearviewmirror!!! :D:D
    It's okay, It's okay
    You don't have to run and hide away
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
    2007: Pearl Jam concert in Düsseldorf (21. June)
    2007: Chris Cornell concert in Kristiansand (2. July)
    2007: The Who concert in Kristiansand (4. July)
  • Options
    Actually, with the setting they chose for the show the arena can hold up to 35.000 people. Still a long way to sell it out...
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    PJKnopf wrote:
    Hi all,

some infos on the Dusseldorf show that may be relevant for some of you:

Venue:
    LTU arena - soccer/football stadium with a capacity of >50.000, for the PJ show it is planned to premiere the "panorama setup" which means that the stage will be either on the middle line of the field or in front of one tribune (instead of in front of a curve) so the capacity will be between 20.000-38.000.
    The roof can be closed so I think it won't be a real outdoor/open air show. Maybe it's comparable to last year's show in Arnhem's Gelredome. For infos see ltuarena.de

Drive:
    from Dusseldorf main station: underground line U78 in direction "LTU Arena / Messe Nord"
    from Dusseldorf Altstadt (Old Town), station "Heinrich-Heine-Allee": underground line U78 in direction "LTU Arena / Messe Nord"
    from Dusseldorf International Airport: by train (S-Bahn or Regionalexpress) to Dusseldorf main station and then U78. There are also several ways of driving by bus and then further on with underground/tram but that would be more complicated. For more infos see rheinbahn.de
    Thanks for the info! How is the public transport connection back to the hotel area / center?
    kramerica4 wrote:
    Actually, with the setting they chose for the show the arena can hold up to 35.000 people. Still a long way to sell it out...
    What was the situation like last time they played in Germany at the entrance? In Arnhem it actually was unnecessary to be there early to get in the front area and that arena also held over 30.000..
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    What do you mean by uneccassary (difficult word!)? How far away from the stage is the people that are infront?

When will people show up for the show? I want to be in the front, should I come early or veeery early? Give me something.. :P :D C ya!

Setlist?
    - WWS
    - Life W.
    - Gone
    - Alive
    - Jeremy
    - KRFW
    - Black
    - Fuck me in the brain (I guess they have only played it once..)
    - Wash
    - Rearviewmirror
    - Betterman
    - Daughter/It's OK
    - Ghost
    - Bu$hl€agu€r
    - Fuckin' Up
    - No woman, no cry
    - Love Reign Over Me
    - Sitting By the Dock of the Bay
    - American in Me
    It's okay, It's okay
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    sorry guys if i sneak in the Dusseldorf thread... i was just wondering if anybody has a spare 10C tkt to this show, i'm ready to trade it with one of my 10C to Copenhagen! please PM me if you want 2 trade, thanx!
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    Flight Booked!!!!

I'm coming to Dusseldorf!!

:D:D:D
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    Who are going to open for PJ? For how long will they play?
    It's okay, It's okay
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
  • Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    kramerica4 wrote:

Well......Arnhem was sold out too.....it has the same capacity.... :)
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Well......Arnhem was sold out too.....it has the same capacity.... :)

Of course i hope Duesseldorf will sell out, who knows.
    Arnhem was slightly smaller. I was there and I read it had a capacity of around 27.000 people.
    I think Nijmegen might be bigger than Duesseldorf, any idea?
  • Options
    GO!!!GO!!! Posts: 74
    kramerica4 wrote:
    Of course i hope Duesseldorf will sell out, who knows.
    Arnhem was slightly smaller. I was there and I read it had a capacity of around 27.000 people.
    I think Nijmegen might be bigger than Duesseldorf, any idea?

Nijmegen has a capacity of max. 55.000 people, but they could also make the park smaller if there are less tickets sold (theyt do that often), kind of the same stategy as Duesseldorf I think.
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    Thanks for the info! How is the public transport connection back to the hotel area / center?

What was the situation like last time they played in Germany at the entrance? In Arnhem it actually was unnecessary to be there early to get in the front area and that arena also held over 30.000..

The public transport connection ... hmm, not that easy cause there isn't anything like a "hotel area" (maybe a small one by the main station), but all in all it's quite good, there's a line from main station via the 'Altstadt' (the old town where almost the entire partying takes place) to the LTU Arena.

The entrance situation is not really predictable, in Berlin last year there were major delays (about 2 hours) at the entrance, but they only had one. This, I think, will be more comparable to Arnhem.
    Landgraaf 00 Hamburg 00
    Arnhem 06 Antwerp 06 Berlin 06
    Düsseldorf 07 Nijmegen 07

Neil Young And Friends Berlin 95
  • Options
    The public transport connection ... hmm, not that easy cause there isn't anything like a "hotel area" (maybe a small one by the main station), but all in all it's quite good, there's a line from main station via the 'Altstadt' (the old town where almost the entire partying takes place) to the LTU Arena.

The entrance situation is not really predictable, in Berlin last year there were major delays (about 2 hours) at the entrance, but they only had one. This, I think, will be more comparable to Arnhem.
    Thanks for the info, good to know there is a connection to the center. I'll book a hotel in the Altstadt area, or do you have any tips on what area is good for having lunch, a few drinks, hotel etc too? It's a big city.. Will anything near the center do?

I Believe Arnhem has several entrances, at least 2 for the floor, would be nice if the LTU has the same set up. I'll be there a bit early anyway.
  • Options
    The rumor-mill says that Interpol will open for PJ in Germany

can´t get confirmation, so still a rumor
    17/07/93 Ahoy Rotterdam
    31/06/00
    29/08/06 Gelredome Arnhem
    21/06/07 LTU Arena Dusseldorf
    29/06/07 Rock Werchter (my tenth Werchter)
  • Options
    seems to be official: http://www.tickets.de/ (finf the pearl jam show)
  • Options
    andredragt wrote:
    The rumor-mill says that Interpol will open for PJ in Germany

can´t get confirmation, so still a rumor
    AWESOME!!! Interpol I really dig! Rosemary heaven restores you in life..
  • Options
    SchokiSchoki Posts: 5,072
    Interpol alone or as the main act would be okay but in combination(opening act for Pearl Jam that doesn´t sound good to me. Hopefullly they´ll prove me wrong.
  • Options
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    Thanks for the info, good to know there is a connection to the center. I'll book a hotel in the Altstadt area, or do you have any tips on what area is good for having lunch, a few drinks, hotel etc too? It's a big city.. Will anything near the center do?

I Believe Arnhem has several entrances, at least 2 for the floor, would be nice if the LTU has the same set up. I'll be there a bit early anyway.

Sorry that it took me so long to answer, but I had some internet problems the last days...

anyway ... a hotel in the altstadt area would be fine, usually it shouldn't be a problem to get one (unless there's a big fair in town which happens a few times a year). For having lunch/dinner or a few drinks or for just going out that's the best because an estimated 95% of all of Düsseldorf's social life takes place there. There are hotels by the main station (which is the centre), but I think most of the better ones are quite expensive cause they're often suited for japanese businesspeople (sometimes Düsseldorf is called "Little Tokio" as they have the biggest amount of Japanese people outside of Japan).If you get a hotel there it would be 3 stations by subway to the Altstadt or about 25 minutes by foot (15-20 if you are going fast), so that would be ok, too (Actually Düsseldorf isn't that big at all, at the centre it's possible to reach almost everything by foot).
    For the LTU-Arena: It's not possible to say anything about the set up yet, cause there's the possibility they use a completely new set up in the arena (depending on the pre-sale, there are three opportunities, one with the entire arena (about 55.000 people), one with the stage in the center of the arena (about 30.000 people) and one with the stage in front of one the big stands (I don't know the capacity for this case). So I think that other questions (like the number of floor entrances) will rely on this. I've been there only once (for a soccer match), but that time it took some time to get in, so I think being early can't be wrong (especially if you don't have 10c tix).
    Landgraaf 00 Hamburg 00

• Options
    Obi Once wrote:

The Futureheads? I din't see that on the link... please explain..
    It's okay, It's okay
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
  • Options
    Viggo wrote:
    The Futureheads? I din't see that on the link... please explain..

look at the special guest: Interpol - Futureheads ...
    Landgraaf 00 Hamburg 00

• Options
    Sorry that it took me so long to answer, but I had some internet problems the last days...
    No worries, it's still months away.
    anyway ... a hotel in the altstadt area would be fine, usually it shouldn't be a problem to get one (unless there's a big fair in town which happens a few times a year). For having lunch/dinner or a few drinks or for just going out that's the best because an estimated 95% of all of Düsseldorf's social life takes place there. There are hotels by the main station (which is the centre), but I think most of the better ones are quite expensive cause they're often suited for japanese businesspeople (sometimes Düsseldorf is called "Little Tokio" as they have the biggest amount of Japanese people outside of Japan).If you get a hotel there it would be 3 stations by subway to the Altstadt or about 25 minutes by foot (15-20 if you are going fast), so that would be ok, too (Actually Düsseldorf isn't that big at all, at the centre it's possible to reach almost everything by foot).
    Perfect, we'll only be crashing for a night, so real luxury would be a waste and any room with 2 beds will do.
    For the LTU-Arena: It's not possible to say anything about the set up yet, cause there's the possibility they use a completely new set up in the arena (depending on the pre-sale, there are three opportunities, one with the entire arena (about 55.000 people), one with the stage in the center of the arena (about 30.000 people) and one with the stage in front of one the big stands (I don't know the capacity for this case). So I think that other questions (like the number of floor entrances) will rely on this. I've been there only once (for a soccer match), but that time it took some time to get in, so I think being early can't be wrong (especially if you don't have 10c tix).
    We'll just have to see whats the situation once we get there. But with the number of German concerts I doubt it'll be much busier than Arnhem, but I'll be there an hour or more early anyway.

Thanks for all the info, the trip is shaping in my head and I can't wait! :D
  • Options
    Let me get this straight:

Interpol AND a band called The Futureheads wil open for Pearl Jam? For how long will they play? Isn't that what you might call a mini-festival?

I am sorry for asking such a dumb question. I have only been to festivals and small concerts.

Eddie Vedder is famous for playing to easy going songs before hitting the stage with the otgher crew, but will that be 17:30 or after?

Thank you for your answers!
    It's okay, It's okay
    It's okay, it's okay
    I love you anyway
  • Options
    civ_eng_girlciv_eng_girl Posts: 2,001
    Viggo wrote:
    Let me get this straight:

Interpol AND a band called The Futureheads wil open for Pearl Jam? For how long will they play? Isn't that what you might call a mini-festival?

I am sorry for asking such a dumb question. I have only been to festivals and small concerts.

Eddie Vedder is famous for playing to easy going songs before hitting the stage with the otgher crew, but will that be 17:30 or after?

Thank you for your answers!

Ed will usually do ONE solo song before the opening act comes on....

In my opinion, it's not the end of the world if you miss it....
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732

He rarely comes out for presets in Europe though.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610

Usually? Is this the same Eddie and same band we're talking about?
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    colingally wrote:
    I live in Düsseldorf, so hearing this yesterday was fantastic!

If anyone needs any info at all on the 'Dorf (as we like to call it!), let me know!

Ah haaaa! Was just thinking you should get on this thread me ol' mucka!. Quite surprised you didnt offer up the info straight away. Particularly regarding an old eaterie we frequented in the altstadt with delicious and satisfying results. Thats the Eurokebab if anyone can find it I was very drunk and cant remeber where it is.

Extra points from my experience there. Only one Irish bar is run by Irish (see if you can find it). Stay away from the river at all times especially when drunk. Try the local beers they taste great and dont give you a hangover. Play darts, theyre in practically every pub. Prepare for humidity and be very very very carefull about getting 'fishbowls' from the american pub in the altstadt. Theres one thats looks brown in colour and is not good for your health.

Apart from that Im looking forward to going to the gig. Long time listener first concert so cant wait.
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    The venue has changed from the LTU arena to ISS dome, according to http://www.tickets.de

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    TwigsterTwigster Posts: 39
    Yes it has - I got an e-mail from tickets.de this morning about the change of venue.
    Anybody got any info on venue comparison - new one better / worse?
    Brixton Academy, London: 14/07/93
    Wembley Arena, London: 29/10/96
    MEN Arena, Manchester: 04/06/00
    Air Canada Centre, Toronto: 05/10/00
    ISS Dome, Dusseldorf: 21/06/07

Brad: Phoenix Theatre, Toronto: 31/10/02
  • Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Twigster wrote:
    Yes it has - I got an e-mail from tickets.de this morning about the change of venue.
    Anybody got any info on venue comparison - new one better / worse?

I have just been having a look at this and the new one seems to be a hell of a lot smaller with a capacity of 12,500 compared to the LTU's 66,000.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.