50cm of snow in ottawa yesterday :open_mouth:

Spring can't come fast enough!

50cm? WHOA!!!!
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,524
    rylan said:

Looking for couple tickets if anyone has any to sell by chance? Thanks

I know of a pair for you. PM sent.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    https://www.facebook.com/events/951980574884877/permalink/972166526199615/

@ Shamir

Proud to announce one our Wishlist Foundation beneficiaries for the Pearl Jam Ottawa ON Wishlist Foundation Preparty Fundrasier is DIFD at The Royal. DIFD is an Ottawa based charity as part of the Royal Hospital focused on youth mental health. Please see the video below for more information about DIFD. We will post more in the coming weeks about the Wishlist Ottawa event...please spread the word about this event and contact us directly if you have any donations for raffle/auction. Thanks everyone!!

http://www.difd.com/
  • Options
    stoppler_pjstoppler_pj Montreal, Quebec, Canada Posts: 191
    edited February 2016
    I'm there. GA.

oops already posted.
    You are obviously from the sticks if you call it a hoodie! Us sophisticated city folk call it a bunnyhug!
  • Options
    Oh baby!!!

http://ottawapoutinefest.ca/

What, When & Where?

What: St. Albert Cheese Ottawa PoutineFest

When: May 5-8, 2016

Where: Poutine Plaza in beautiful Downtown Ottawa, Canada.
    (beside City Hall)

What’s New? Lots! We’ll be launching a NEW “World of Poutine” Pass featuring discounts on poutine, 2 for 1s, 20% off PoutineFest Swag, Special invites, Contestings, Giveaways and more.

World Record Attempt: That’s right! We are going for the record for the “biggest” poutine ever. Tickets to this amazing foodie experience go on sale March 1st with proceeds going to help our Ottawa Food Shelters.

Features and Event Info:

1. Featuring Exotic and Traditional Poutines from around the World
    2. 20 fabulous Poutiners to serve you
    3. Beer Gardens featuring Ottawa’s Own, Broadhead Brewery
    (Gotta try their Root Beer too)
    4. Poutine Pairing
    5. Best Poutine Contest featuring Celebrity Judges and Ottawa Food
    Personalities

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    demetrios said:

Oh baby!!!

That looks like FUN...
    and we'll be in town on Saturday afternoon,
    so we may have to check this out!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    It's gonna be awesome! Especially if they have donair poutines.
    YUMMY!!!!
  • Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    Looking for a single ticket, let me know if u know of any
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    Friend of mine is looking for a GA or reserved seat for Ottawa. Any help would be great.

Thanks!
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231
    edited March 2016

Edit: (I like poutine)
    Post edited by GustieIII on
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    Sandy66Sandy66 Queensland, Australia Posts: 226
    I will be there :)
    BDO, Melbourne, 2014.   EV Solo, Melbourne, 2014.   Memphis, 2014.   Detroit, 2014.   St Paul, 2014.  Global Citizens Festival, NYC, 2015.   Columbia, 2016.   Jazz Fest, New Orleans, 2016.   Philly 1 & 2, 2016.   MSG 1 & 2, New York, 2016.  Ottawa, 2016.   Toronto 1, 2016.  Amsterdam 1 & 2, 2018.  London 1, 2018.  Padova, 2018.  Rome, 2018.  Prague, 2018.
  • Options
    GummiBeerGummiBeer Newfoundland Canada Posts: 189
    HEy folks,

Had a scoop full of life catch up with my family, so i'm unable to attend the show in Ottawa.
    I'm selling a set of section 324 Row H
    Just looking to get what i paid for them which is 216.80
    I can transfer them through Capital Tickets.
    I can accept e-mail transfer or pay pal
    Calgary 04-09-2005
    Edmonton 05-09-2005

"A Thousand Ports of light For the Newfoundland...Theres a Kinder gentler American Band"...EV 25/09/05
  • Options
    bump
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options

bump

Hope you find a single ticket. My friend is also looking for a single ticket to. GA would be great.
  • Options
    rylanrylan Posts: 206
    Anyone have any suggestions for a hotel for the show? Thanks
  • Options
    rylan said:

https://www.google.ca/maps/search/hotels+close+to+the+canadian+tire+centre/@45.3082225,-75.916891,13.33z

Do you wanna stay close to the Canadian Tire Centre or stay downtown Ottawa? I stayed at the Holiday Inn back in 2011 close to the centre. There was pretty much nothing to do in the area.

Trying to find out the buses that go directly to Canadian Tire Centre from downtown Ottawa.
  • Options
    Still looking for a GA or reserved 10club ticket .. bump!
  • Options
    First time with GA tix!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!!! What hotel are people looking at? Any word yet on a pre-party???
  • Options
    heebeejeebeeheebeejeebee Ottawa Posts: 52
    demetrios said:

rylan said:

https://www.google.ca/maps/search/hotels+close+to+the+canadian+tire+centre/@45.3082225,-75.916891,13.33z

Do you wanna stay close to the Canadian Tire Centre or stay downtown Ottawa? I stayed at the Holiday Inn back in 2011 close to the centre. There was pretty much nothing to do in the area.

Trying to find out the buses that go directly to Canadian Tire Centre from downtown Ottawa.
    Yeah, if you want to have any fun or see Ottawa at all. Stay downtown.

There are buses that will take you out to the Canadian tire centre. There's special event buses that start running two hours before the show (400 series). If you want to get there earlier, bus 92 runs every 30 minutes through downtown and goes out to the arena as well.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Pm'd you
  • Options

demetrios said:

Pm'd you
    Thank you!

demetrios said:

rylan said:

There are buses that will take you out to the Canadian tire centre. There's special event buses that start running two hours before the show (400 series). If you want to get there earlier, bus 92 runs every 30 minutes through downtown and goes out to the arena as well.
    Thanks! What about after the show? Is there a time they stop running?
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Actually, I just realized the show is on a Sunday which changes things a bit.

The event buses will still be running as they do for all events at the arena. They start running 2 hours before the show and run pretty regularly until the show starts. After the show, there will be a line-up of them waiting to return for about 15-30 minutes after the show ends.

Since it's the weekend, there's no bus that will get you right to the arena earlier. But there are a few that will take you close (~20 minutes walking).

If you need any help let me know. I live downtown and work out right beside the arena, so I know the route.
  • Options
    still looking for a single, does the Canadian Tire Center usually hold back some tickets and release them closer to the date of the show?
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options

still looking for a single, does the Canadian Tire Center usually hold back some tickets and release them closer to the date of the show?

It's not Canadian Tire Centre that does that, it's usually the band that does it. Holds for production kills/band guest lists, etc... If they are unused they usually get released around the day of the show.

But yes, that happens. For PJ in 2011, I picked up great side stage tickets ~5 rows up on the day of the show for a friend.

Same for Chili Peppers when they came to Ottawa in 2012.
  • Options

demetrios said:

Actually, I just realized the show is on a Sunday which changes things a bit.

The event buses will still be running as they do for all events at the arena. They start running 2 hours before the show and run pretty regularly until the show starts. After the show, there will be a line-up of them waiting to return for about 15-30 minutes after the show ends.

Since it's the weekend, there's no bus that will get you right to the arena earlier. But there are a few that will take you close (~20 minutes walking).

If you need any help let me know. I live downtown and work out right beside the arena, so I know the route.
    Will do. Thank you so much for the info. :)
  • Options
    Holly9075Holly9075 Newfoundland, Canada Posts: 195

demetrios said:

rylan said:

Great info on the 400 series buses for special events.Thanks!~That'll certainly come in handy.

Mexico City 28/11/15   Chicago 20/08/16    Boston 04/09/2018
    Quebec City 05/05/16  Chicago 22/08/16
    Ottawa 08/05/16          Taormina 26/06/17
    Toronto 10/05/16         Taormina 27/06/17
    Toronto 11/05/16         Boston 02/09/2018

• Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    For those who will be down in the Byward Market, I found a great place over the weekend. A place that make fresh made to order thin crust pizzas and is licensed. A place I'll definitely come back to.

http://fiazza.ca/
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    Jimminez said:

For those who will be down in the Byward Market, I found a great place over the weekend. A place that make fresh made to order thin crust pizzas and is licensed. A place I'll definitely come back to.

http://fiazza.ca/

Pizza & poutine weekend in Ottawa. My belt can't wait!
  • Options
    For those coming from out of town and thinking of staying downtown (or if you just live downtown)...

My friend owns a small bar in downtown Ottawa (and he's coming to the show). We are looking into renting a school bus that would pick us up at the bar, take us out to the concert then bring us back afterwards. Saves the hassle of public busing/expensive parking at the arena.

Final pricing would be $10-15 CAD depending on the numbers (I think the quote was ~400 for the rental that can seat 40+).

We already have 6 confirmed with our friends. If others are interested, let me know and we can look at setting it up.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847

For those coming from out of town and thinking of staying downtown (or if you just live downtown)...

My friend owns a small bar in downtown Ottawa (and he's coming to the show). We are looking into renting a school bus that would pick us up at the bar, take us out to the concert then bring us back afterwards. Saves the hassle of public busing/expensive parking at the arena.

Final pricing would be $10-15 CAD depending on the numbers (I think the quote was ~400 for the rental that can seat 40+).

We already have 6 confirmed with our friends. If others are interested, let me know and we can look at setting it up.

That sounds awesome, 2 here!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?