Options

NO GA FOR FENWAY??

123457»

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    mcgruff10 said:

I never got a $1 hold for last round of tickets or this round. You think it s an issue?

My $1 hold went in and out on the same day.

DK is a good guy. I've had the pleasure of having more conversations with him and some other friends about a wide range of topics over the last handful of months than I can possibly say. I can happily say that I've learned a thing or many from these conversations. Thanks for teaching me stuff, DK.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Before you all strain yourselves taking about what a fountain of knowledge Dan is, like everything, there's more here than meets the eye.

I suggest you all scan the over the Adios, Boston thread that was just closed. It's 2 pages long and shouldn't really burden you very much. Here's a link for you,

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/250205/adios-boston/p1

Then...how about we never speak of it again. Cool?

Seriously go to Wrigley...they have GA.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    I re entered using a different card just in case lol.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    MB93672 said:

dtr0624 said:

ill never forget it... i had a dude tell me to sit down and get in my face because i was standing at a foo show at WFC during the 2011 tour.... im in my chair area standing and jammin mindin my own was actually told to sit down... at a foo show... never underestimate people hahah

People suck. What bothers me is someone holding their phone up to record the entire show, thus blocking my view. Not cool fuckface.
    cell phones at a show is absolutely fucking annoying. never brought a phone to a rock show in my life. leave it in the car for 3 hours people, you'll survive.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Thanks for noting that a 2 page thread would not burden me. Between that and the 'strain' comment it would appear that you are taking comments people make in support of Dankind as comments made against you. Doesn't need to be personal.
    I have nothing against you and think you are entitled to your opinion, just as we all are.
    I happen to disagree on the supposed outrage regarding that thread, regarding the uproar caused by the joke and follow up explanation/apology in this thread, and it appears your general opinion of Dankind. Happy to not speak of it again, if it is not brought up again.

Go to Wrigley!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    @dankind I thought it was funny.

As funny as the Red Sox tryna beat the Yankees OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

:giggle::hug:

Hey I was looking at the cost of hotels in Boston yesterday. Why is it so expensive?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    edited February 2016
    ldent42 said:

As funny as the Red Sox tryna beat the Yankees OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Hey I was looking at the cost of hotels in Boston yesterday. Why is it so expensive?

Inner-city Boston is absurdly expensive in general. Look outside of it. Most of the suburban areas have subway access that can get you downtown in less than a half hour.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    One thing that the tiki bomb and I can agree on -- actually, we probably agree on a lot of things -- anyone who has made claims about my advanced degree of knowledge is very sorely mistaken. I've still got a lot to learn.

Now let's forget about it and talk about how awesome this show is going to be at Fenway!

But more awesome at Wrigley. Damn it! Go to Wrigley! :lol:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    AlaG said:

ldent42 said:

Inner-city Boston is absurdly expensive in general. Look outside of it. Most of the suburban areas have subway access that can get you downtown in less than a half hour.
    Doesn't the T stop running at like midnight though? Concern there would be getting back after the show.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

AlaG said:

ldent42 said:

Doesn't the T stop running at like midnight though? Concern there would be getting back after the show.
    Fenway has a hard curfew that will keep the show from going past the T closure. Think it's 10:00 or 10:30. Even then, concert promoters and venues in Boston are very considerate when it comes to subway closure times and schedule show start and end times to accommodate subway commuters. Have never had to leave a show early to catch a train.
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

AlaG said:

ldent42 said:

This is our concern, Dude.

:sunglasses:

My last train home leaves at 12:15 a.m., so if I get tickets, I've gotta drive.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    dankind said:

ldent42 said:

AlaG said:

ldent42 said:

This is our concern, Dude.

:sunglasses:

My last train home leaves at 12:15 a.m., so if I get tickets, I've gotta drive.
    From South Station? You'd absolutely be able to make it. Show will be over around 10.
  • Options
    AlaG said:

ldent42 said:

AlaG said:

ldent42 said:

Fenway has a hard curfew that will keep the show from going past the T closure. Think it's 10:00 or 10:30. Even then, concert promoters and venues in Boston are very considerate when it comes to subway closure times and schedule show start and end times to accommodate subway commuters. Have never had to leave a show early to catch a train.
    I don't know, man. I've gotta skip most of the club shows I'd like to attend now due to the above. Driving to RNDM, too.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    AlaG said:

ldent42 said:

AlaG said:

ldent42 said:

Is that confirmed/accurate for Fenway? Because that kind of slightly changes everything for me if it's true.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    ldent42 said:

AlaG said:

ldent42 said:

AlaG said:

ldent42 said:

Is that confirmed/accurate for Fenway? Because that kind of slightly changes everything for me if it's true.
    It is an 11pm curfew. I've seen the Foos, Tom Petty, and Billy Joel. With the exception of the Foos which ended at about 10:30 after an 8:30 start. But both Petty and Joel played till 11 on the dot.

He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Pearl Jam sticking to a curfew? :rofl: Does that actually happen?

Dumb question, what happens when it is a "hard curfew" and they don't comply? I know of the $1000 a minute rule, but anything else? When you have a band who can afford to blow that money on their fans, that isn't going to stop them. (And hasn't.)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    It felt like Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band played all night for the first show ever in 2003. I know that they'll probably be cut off at 11, and I would be fine to make my last train. But I also don't want to risk it -- plus, if I want to get a nightcap, my wife has already signed on to be designated driver. (She can't drink.)
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    dankind said:

It felt like Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band played all night for the first show ever in 2003. I know that they'll probably be cut off at 11, and I would be fine to make my last train. But I also don't want to risk it -- plus, if I want to get a nightcap, my wife has already signed on to be designated driver. (She can't drink.)

Bruce ended right at 11 in 03, he just hit the stage earlier than he normally would.

Its a neighborhood thing and much more strictly enforced than say Mansfield.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    Poncier said:

dankind said:

Bruce ended right at 11 in 03, he just hit the stage earlier than he normally would.

Very odd since many games are played after 11. I would imagine ball games are just as loud.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Poncier said:

dankind said:

I lived in the neighborhood in 2003 when people were still afraid to walk through it alone after dark. It's changed so much. Fancy high-rises all along that stretch of Boylston now. It's so weird.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    mcgruff10 said:

Poncier said:

dankind said:

Very odd since many games are played after 11. I would imagine ball games are just as loud.
    The occasional roar of the crowd doesn't compare to Ole at 2869 decibels.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    edited February 2016
    Here's to an all reserved seating situation for a PJ show. .that's enough to make me put in for both.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin