Options

NO GA FOR FENWAY??

Comments

• Options

JimmyV said:

The city that brought you a ban on Happy Hours at bars is back with their latest puritanical endeavor:

NO GA AT FENWAY PARK

"It may lead to dancing or something."

No Happy Hours? Hotel is going to cost me a few bucks I can't get a cheap drink?

What are the cool bars to hit around Fenway?
    I am sure Bill's Bar will have bands before each show. They had an awesome band (Await Rescue) before the Foo's last year. You had to be on a radio stations guest list to get in though. Drinks are cheap (Big PBR can is like $4) and it is directly behind the outfield where the stage is setup.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,830
    dtr0624 said:

ill never forget it... i had a dude tell me to sit down and get in my face because i was standing at a foo show at WFC during the 2011 tour.... im in my chair area standing and jammin mindin my own was actually told to sit down... at a foo show... never underestimate people hahah

That sucks! We were up in the front row of the 300's for Worcester 2 and stood the whole time. Someone from the top kept hitting us with spitballs the whole night and kept yelling to sit the fuck down. Everytime I looked back I could only see a sea of people. LOL
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,924
    dtr0624 said:

ill never forget it... i had a dude tell me to sit down and get in my face because i was standing at a foo show at WFC during the 2011 tour.... im in my chair area standing and jammin mindin my own was actually told to sit down... at a foo show... never underestimate people hahah

That's ridiculous. I would have said, sure, as long as you go and tell the person in front of me to sit down, and the person in front of them, and so on, and so on.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Great. Just what Boston needs. More privileged white people.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611

dtr0624 said:

That's ridiculous. I would have said, sure, as long as you go and tell the person in front of me to sit down, and the person in front of them, and so on, and so on.
    lol i stood the whole time.
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    dankind said:

Wow.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150

JimmyV said:

The city that brought you a ban on Happy Hours at bars is back with their latest puritanical endeavor:

NO GA AT FENWAY PARK

"It may lead to dancing or something."

No Happy Hours? Hotel is going to cost me a few bucks I can't get a cheap drink?

What are the cool bars to hit around Fenway?
    I am sure Bill's Bar will have bands before each show. They had an awesome band (Await Rescue) before the Foo's last year. You had to be on a radio stations guest list to get in though. Drinks are cheap (Big PBR can is like $4) and it is directly behind the outfield where the stage is setup.
    Lol @$4 for a pbr being cheap, I forgot about the Boston prices. They're $1 or $2 here in tejas on the right days and happy hour.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,937
    Seating chart for James Taylor on 8/3. Likely very similar to if not exactly what we'll see at Fenway for PJ:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150

dankind said:

Wow.
    Yeah, no love for beantown or what?!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    JimmyV said:

Seating chart for James Taylor on 8/3. Likely very similar to if not exactly what we'll see at Fenway for PJ:

well looks like with a 515xxx ill be sitting on the base line haha
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options

dankind said:

Wow.
    It was a joke, people (albeit one with more than its fair share of truth to it).

Having actually lived and worked in this town for a good percentage of my life, I feel qualified to make some observational humor about the place.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited February 2016
    Racism, when brought up by someone "qualified" to talk about it, almost never funny.
    I'm out.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    dankind said:

dankind said:

Wow.
    It was a joke, people (albeit one with more than its fair share of truth to it).

Having actually lived and worked in this town for a good percentage of my life, I feel qualified to make some observational humor about the place.
    Nothing very humorous about it.

• Options

Racism, when brought up by someone "qualified" to talk about it, almost never funny.

Everyone with a skin tone/cultural heritage is qualified to talk about racism -- so, you know, basically everyone who lives and breathes -- and if they can joke about it, even better.

But that wasn't what I was joking about in this thread. I was joking about how homogenized Boston is and also making a little fun of the always-bitching folks who post about not getting GA or about GA being a thing now or about not getting the seats that they used to get before GA or about getting shitty seats without GA -- all of which can come off as seeming rather privileged. I apologize for any misunderstanding.

(I can address Boston's continued struggles with racial discrimination and violence in a PM if you like based on demographics and a map of the makeup of Boston's neighborhoods as well as some more thin-reed anecdotal evidence from my experiences here. And you're welcome to come to a Sox game with me over the summer, and we can solve the city's problems over beers between innings. My seats aren't the greatest, but it's just nice to finally have them.)

Anyway, yeah, no GA at Fenway. Don't fret or gloat, people. Everyone who's lucky enough to get a ticket will get to see a kick-ass show, no matter your vantage point, at one of my favorite places in the entire world!!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

There was absolutely no reason to bring race into this. None whatsoever.

There's racial strife all over this country, and plenty of other cities have ugly histories, not just Boston. (Plenty of places are pretty god damn ugly at this very moment if you haven't noticed)

You should start a thread in AMT if you're concerned enough about it to bring it up here.
  • Options
    PunkerSXEPunkerSXE Detroit, MI Posts: 21
    So I am a newbie to this here system (although not to being a fan or going to shows). I just jumped back into the 10c and got MSG tickets, excited about the trip. I am thinking about going to Boston... but from some of the comments, people seem down on the way the seats are. I am at the veeery back of the line for seniority, so whatever. I don't need to be in a pit, those years are way behind me so that doesn't bother me. But would anyone suggest that this isn't a good idea? I do hate the idea of being super far back on the field... but whatever, it's Fenway right? I may stay a few days and catch a Sox game too.

1996: Toledo
    1998: Auburn Hills
    2000: Auburn Hills
    2014: Detroit
    2016: MSG 1; Fenway 2

• Options

There's racial strife all over this country, and plenty of other cities have ugly histories, not just Boston. (Plenty of places are pretty god damn ugly at this very moment if you haven't noticed)

You should start a thread in AMT if you're concerned enough about it to bring it up here.

this
  • Options

Yep.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,830
    PunkerSXE said:

So I am a newbie to this here system (although not to being a fan or going to shows). I just jumped back into the 10c and got MSG tickets, excited about the trip. I am thinking about going to Boston... but from some of the comments, people seem down on the way the seats are. I am at the veeery back of the line for seniority, so whatever. I don't need to be in a pit, those years are way behind me so that doesn't bother me. But would anyone suggest that this isn't a good idea? I do hate the idea of being super far back on the field... but whatever, it's Fenway right? I may stay a few days and catch a Sox game too.

I am going to be happy to just be in the park personally. We are doing GA in Quebec so we will get that out of our system and with Fenway we are just going to soak in the moment. I could care less if I can't make out Eddies face. I just want to be rockin out with other PJfans. Also there is a very slight chance that you luck out and get front row with the random drawing of 1,2,9,and 10 rows.
  • Options

The stop bringing it up. I owned it, apologized, dropped it, offered further private discussion if anyone was interested, and brought the thread back to it's original intention in my last post.

I'll try that again here.
    PunkerSXE said:

Fenway is awesome! It doesn't matter where you are sitting. I'm sure that there will be JumboTrons or whatever. If you've never been to Fenway, you've gotta go! You'd definitely have to extend your trip a bit to catch a game. The next set of home games is Sox vs. Yanks, and those can get pretty pricey on the secondary market. You might have to wait until the D-backs are in town. I have tickets to a game in that series, I think.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
    dankind is one of the most knowledgeable posters on this board ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I'm a Yanks fan so I wanted to try for that game... this will be brutal. Eh, seeing a show counts as having gone to the stadium in my lifetime. Good time, Still plenty I want to do there.... seeing a show is just something else fun on the adventure.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    PunkerSXE said:

I'm a Yanks fan so I wanted to try for that game... this will be brutal. Eh, seeing a show counts as having gone to the stadium in my lifetime. Good time, Still plenty I want to do there.... seeing a show is just something else fun on the adventure.

As a season subscriber, I get heads ups on on-sales for Yankee games and sometimes chances at presales. As much as it would pain me to seat one of your kind :grimacing: in America's most beloved ballpark to root for my rivals, if I'm in a good mood (and if I remember) when I get the word about that series, I'll pm you whatever info I have.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    Hey guys, let's all be friends here.
    Dan and Tiki, you guys are both cool as hell.
    I think this is a case of message boards not showing the real intent of the post/posts.
    look, I am from Alabama so I know it's a touchy subject.. but as Jose' said I respect both Dan and Tiki's opinions.
    and now for thread integrity: go to Boston so I can have a better shot at Wrigley.
    thank you and carry on.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    dankind said:

PunkerSXE said:

As a season subscriber, I get heads ups on on-sales for Yankee games and sometimes chances at presales. As much as it would pain me to seat one of your kind :grimacing: in America's most beloved ballpark to root for my rivals, if I'm in a good mood (and if I remember) when I get the word about that series, I'll pm you whatever info I have.
    Ha... thanks. Does it make it any better if I said I am from Detroit? More rival AL fans cluttering your city! First thing I look at when we travel to a new city.... concerts, sports and zoos. When did I get so old?

• Options
    Wrigley HAS the GA and therefore more tambo distribution so everybody should go there...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,656
    Wrigley will play until 2 AM, as we found out a few years back, if the weather interrupts. Boston will not -- go to Wrigley.
    And damn you Dankind for having the ability to blend your educated opinion with your sense of humor.
    Just kidding -- didn't offend me at all.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    I never got a $1 hold for last round of tickets or this round. You think it s an issue?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    MB93672MB93672 Posts: 255
    dtr0624 said:

People suck. What bothers me is someone holding their phone up to record the entire show, thus blocking my view. Not cool fuckface.
  • Options
    MB93672MB93672 Posts: 255
    mcgruff10 said:

I never got a $1 hold for last round of tickets or this round. You think it s an issue?

No, I emailed 10c last time and they said that's normal for banks to not show the $1 hold, that it drops off if there is no charge within a certain timeframe. If you got the email and it shows entered under your account you're good bro Montana