Options

** See you @ FENWAY **

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    my2hands said:

so parking is possible around fenway during games/events?

rate your experience between "fuck that shit" - "wow, that was easy!"

Answer is "fuck that shit and my God that shit was fucking expensive".
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    I was able to book at the Buckminster the the night of the 5th, booked it the day they announced the tour for $206......now just need to secure tickets for the 5th......
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928
    Poncier said:

my2hands said:

Pretty much, yeah.

I haven't driven to a game in years but I know the Prudential Center garage has an $18 special for Red Sox games. About a 10-15 minute walk away. Not sure if it will be in effect for these shows or not.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Poncier said:

my2hands said:

Pretty much, yeah.

I haven't driven to a game in years but I know the Prudential Center garage has an $18 special for Red Sox games. About a 10-15 minute walk away. Not sure if it will be in effect for these shows or not.

I went a couple of years ago for a Sox game. Gas Stations close and become parking lots. They were charging $50 a car. I'm not sure if they still do this, but that was a Sox game. Imagine a concert.

• Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    You don't have to pay that much. Drive 3/4 of a mile west on commonwealth Ave and park for free on the road.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    mrz200mrz200 Posts: 76
    mikerl said:

You don't have to pay that much. Drive 3/4 of a mile west on commonwealth Ave and park for free on the road.

yep, you can also keep going up (down?) Comm Ave into Brookline and the parking gets easier and you end up with a 20 minute walk or can take the T.

you can also park in the Boston Common for like 15 bucks.
    we did that for the Sunday night Foo Fighters show @ Fenway last year, and it was like a 20-25 minute walk to Fenway. but easy in & out.

The gas stations on the brookline ave side of Fenway are insane...but somehow they are always full.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    mikerl said:

Yep
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,799
    edited February 2016
    Is it the best bet to go with a "Charlie Card" for the transit system and can you explain this card a little better to me? Can you just put whatever amount on it you want and can you just have one card for more than 1 person? We will be staying in Boston Revere area and will be using the Wood Island station a lot. We have 3 adults and 2 children under the age of 2(do they cost anything?) coming with us on the vacation and will likely explore what Boston has to offer all 3 days. We have a car but have free parking at the Hotel so I thought it may be smarter to just use the T around town then worry about parking fees and finding locations. Any thoughts would be great.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    PJNB said:

Is it the best bet to go with a "Charlie Card" for the transit system and can you explain this card a little better to me? Can you just put whatever amount on it you want and can you just have one card for more than 1 person? We will be staying in Boston Revere area and will be using the Wood Island station a lot. We have 3 adults and 2 children under the age of 2(do they cost anything?) coming with us on the vacation and will likely explore what Boston has to offer all 3 days. We have a car but have free parking at the Hotel so I thought it may be smarter to just use the T around town then worry about parking fees and finding locations. Any thoughts would be great.

The T is your best bet for sure. Children under 12 are free as long as they are with an adult (obviously). 3 adults can use the same Charlie card and there are kiosks before the gates where you can add as much money as you want. Just pass the Charlie Card back to the next person after you go through. ( I am pretty sure a subway fare is $2.10 per person per trip) You can switch to any other line (Red, Green, Orange) while you are within the station free of charge. Green line will get you to Fenway and the Back Bay. Wood Island is on the Blue line but like I said you can get from Wood Island to Fenway for 1 fare.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    youngster said:

PJNB said:

The T is your best bet for sure. Children under 12 are free as long as they are with an adult (obviously). 3 adults can use the same Charlie card and there are kiosks before the gates where you can add as much money as you want. Just pass the Charlie Card back to the next person after you go through. ( I am pretty sure a subway fare is $2.10 per person per trip) You can switch to any other line (Red, Green, Orange) while you are within the station free of charge. Green line will get you to Fenway and the Back Bay. Wood Island is on the Blue line but like I said you can get from Wood Island to Fenway for 1 fare.
    This is exactly what I wanted to hear thanks. We have a free shuttle to the T from the Hotel too so ya it seem like a no brainer. Thanks again.
  • Options
    PJNB said:

PJNB said:

You should be able to just use one Charlie card. It's basically like a prepaid gift card for the mbta. As far as I know you can swipe the card, go through the turnstile, hand the card to the person behind you, and so on...

A heads up.. The subway trains are pretty restricting geographically within the city (that's what you get with an extremely old subway).. remember to look at the bus maps/schedule. They will get you closer to your destination, in most cases.

Best to use the transit when possible, parking garages are abundant in Boston, but are expensive... And if you don't know the area, driving is tough. The city is not a grid like NY, it's infrastructure is a maddening web of centuries old roads... Which is super charming, but also stressful to drive in.

I absolutely love Boston and think it's the greatest city in America, I hope everyone who comes to town has a blast.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    mikerl said:

PJNB said:

PJNB said:

You should be able to just use one Charlie card. It's basically like a prepaid gift card for the mbta. As far as I know you can swipe the card, go through the turnstile, hand the card to the person behind you, and so on...

A heads up.. The subway trains are pretty restricting geographically within the city (that's what you get with an extremely old subway).. remember to look at the bus maps/schedule. They will get you closer to your destination, in most cases.

Best to use the transit when possible, parking garages are abundant in Boston, but are expensive... And if you don't know the area, driving is tough. The city is not a grid like NY, it's infrastructure is a maddening web of centuries old roads... Which is super charming, but also stressful to drive in.

I absolutely love Boston and think it's the greatest city in America, I hope everyone who comes to town has a blast.
    Nice I didn't know it was good for the busses as well. I have drove through Boston before years ago and had no clue where I was going and no plan. We just drove and ya not the ideal way to see the city. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,441
    I'm hoping to bump into Norm Abrams at the Fenway show.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    NORM.... sorry, wrong Boston show.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    I'm in the lottery !! Fingers crossed !! BOOM
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options

I'm in the lottery !! Fingers crossed !! BOOM

Yea! Me too. 8/5 as my first choice and 8/7 as my second. Looks like it's possible to win both.

• Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    4 Fenway entry's later... Feeling good that me and my fiancé can get a pair to both shows.
  • Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 512

4 Fenway entry's later... Feeling good that me and my fiancé can get a pair to both shows.

If you get too many and I get shut out, can you hook a brother up?

Also wondering if anyone knows some cheap hotels in the area?
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle x2 (ISO: 1 N1 Seattle GA)
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    I have my entry used on both Fenway shows and my lady's entry's on both fenway shows. If I gets extras they will def be up for grabs.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    This is my first lottery, so we will see. I already booked a room at a BnB very close to Fenway. I will lose $25 if I have to cancel, but I'm feeling good!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 512

This is my first lottery, so we will see. I already booked a room at a BnB very close to Fenway. I will lose $25 if I have to cancel, but I'm feeling good!

Did you get a good deal? I've been searching and prices are so crazy in boston!
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle x2 (ISO: 1 N1 Seattle GA)
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917

JimmyV said:

Poncier said:

my2hands said:

Pretty much, yeah.

I went a couple of years ago for a Sox game. Gas Stations close and become parking lots. They were charging $50 a car. I'm not sure if they still do this, but that was a Sox game. Imagine a concert.

Free parking after 6 on Friday and all day Sunday on BU campus.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,634
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    edited February 2016

I have my entry used on both Fenway shows and my lady's entry's on both fenway shows. If I gets extras they will def be up for grabs.

Good luck to you and hope to find if you win all 4 and I get shut out!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,238
    dlymnfld said:

JimmyV said:

Poncier said:

my2hands said:

Pretty much, yeah.

Free parking after 6 on Friday and all day Sunday on BU campus.
    Meters run till 8:00PM now, so Friday you'll have to cover yourself till 8 on Comm. Ave and surrounding areas.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    the_don said:

Did you get a good deal? I've been searching and prices are so crazy in boston!
    Depends on what you consider a good deal. It was about 200, which seems to be pretty good considering location and the other prices I've been looking at. Plus I won't have to rent a car, which is costly. I just hope I get the Friday show.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Finally a page for this show on RedSox.com:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ticketing/pearl_jam.jsp

• Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Just extended our stay in Boston ...Fri - Sun now, check out Monday ...... Fuck it , I'm finishing my coffee.
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options

Just extended our stay in Boston ...Fri - Sun now, check out Monday ...... Fuck it , I'm finishing my coffee.

:clap:

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,899
    I still can't believe there are no happy hours in boston. someone please explain this one to me!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......