Options

History of 10 club tix and seniority

PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258
Seems a good time to post this, a lot of misinformation is out there this week about how seniority factored into obtaining 10 club tix in the past etc.

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2003/04/05/ten-club-ticket-history/

This article sums up the history of 10C ticketing from the early days through 2003 well. Seniority has never been a factor in getting tickets. Some have suggested it mattered in the old mail in days, but as you will see if you read, tickets were allotted back then by the first come first serve based on when your order form arrived in the 10 club mail box in Seattle.

Seniority first played a role in 2000 and only for seating location, and has only ever played a role in seating location.

It mentions in 2003 specifically that the newsletter stated that tickets would be allotted on a first come first serve basis, and then seated by seniority. Seniority did not factor in to who got tickets.
I
This weekend we rock Portland

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    this is good read indeed and atleast some of us know this is how always was seniority was and what means aka,after and if score tix seniority played role for seat location only , but i still believe those people who lost and won always before will think otherwise no matter what..
    they cant accept the fact there are other fans than them in this club who deserve to see the band
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Thanks for posting :plus_one:
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Good stuff.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    that explains why my Sister and her +1 were seating right next to us in 1998.
    mailed from the same zip code.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,087
    Yup. Thanks for posting.
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    :clap:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,903
    Poncier said:

Seniority has never been a factor in getting tickets.
    I

severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,944
    Thanks for posting!

The idea that seniority used to guarantee tickets has become dogma and there will be some who still refuse to believe otherwise.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    bump
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JS38594JS38594 Posts: 24

Poncier said:

I

But it should be...
  • Options
    Where is subpoprockcity?
    :whistle:
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited January 2016
    rgambs said:

Where is subpoprockcity?
    :whistle:

Back in hiding until after the next lottery.......halts maul
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,520

I suggested to someone who was complaining about getting shutout in the lottery, that they should read the fine print as it clearly states tickets are not guaranteed, the response was priceless:

"It doesn't matter what the fine print says NOW"

Someone doesn't understand the concept of a disclaimer.

Quick question, sort of related, but not really...... Did I read correctly in another thread yesterday, that there was a group of 10c members turning their back on the band at shows to express their displeasure over certain songs being played?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    JS38594 said:

Poncier said:

I

But it should be...
    why?
    we pay membersip per year
    THIS YEAR me and you paid the SAME MONEY
    why and how your money is different for this year than mine??
    same color the dollars mine and yours,same value for this year..same chances to score tickets
    AFTER and IF we both score tix..u get a better seat in the house cos u paid more years than mE..
    SYSTEM IN PERFECTION....
  • Options

I suggested to someone who was complaining about getting shutout in the lottery, that they should read the fine print as it clearly states tickets are not guaranteed, the response was priceless:

Quick question, sort of related, but not really...... Did I read correctly in another thread yesterday, that there was a group of 10c members turning their back on the band at shows to express their displeasure over certain songs being played?

From what I've read on the boards it's a long standing rumor that hasn't been confirmed or refuted.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258

I read that also, but don't know the story behind it. Its baffling if it really happened.

I am surprised at how many people say Evenflow is a "piss break" song when you never know what Mike is going to do with the solo. I don't take a bathroom break once the band hits the stage. You might miss something "epic".
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    rgambs said:

From what I've read on the boards it's a long standing rumor that hasn't been confirmed or refuted.
    If it's true, than I am so done w/ entertaining the whole seniority argument.

Shit, if there's any truth to it, 10c is lucky the band gets any tickets at all for them. (if I was in the band I would have stopped w/ presale tickets immediately).
  • Options

JS38594 said:

Poncier said:

I

But it should be...
    why?
    same color the dollars mine and yours,same value for this year..same chances to score tickets
    AFTER and IF we both score tix..u get a better seat in the house cos u paid more years than mE..
    SYSTEM IN PERFECTION....
    The fan club itself places a value on member number. I think we can all agree on that. The lower the number, the longer you have been in the fan club. This is important. If this didn't exist, there would be no seniority argument and it would be a free-for-all. Because this does exist, we can debate how much value is placed on it.

By its very nature, the concept of seniority is dependent upon time. Meaning that it doesnt matter if you and I paid the same money THIS YEAR. I've been paying for the last 18 YEARS. In the context of seniority, how does 1 = 18?
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    edited January 2016
    Post edited by DB41 on
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360
    JS38594 said:

JS38594 said:

Poncier said:

I

But it should be...
    why?
    SYSTEM IN PERFECTION....
    The fan club itself places a value on member number. I think we can all agree on that. The lower the number, the longer you have been in the fan club. This is important. If this didn't exist, there would be no seniority argument and it would be a free-for-all. Because this does exist, we can debate how much value is placed on it.

By its very nature, the concept of seniority is dependent upon time. Meaning that it doesnt matter if you and I paid the same money THIS YEAR. I've been paying for the last 18 YEARS. In the context of seniority, how does 1 = 18?
    I think the members with low numbers put more value on the member numbers than the fan club ever has.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    RP112579 said:

JS38594 said:

JS38594 said:

Poncier said:

I

But it should be...
    why?
    SYSTEM IN PERFECTION....

I think the members with low numbers put more value on the member numbers than the fan club ever has.
    It may be true, but it doesnt make it right.
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    why now u dont bitching?!?!

... for old times sake
  • Options
    JS38594 said:

JS38594 said:

Poncier said:

I

But it should be...
    why?
    SYSTEM IN PERFECTION....

SENIORITY WAS..IS...AND WILL BE ALWAYS FOR SEAT LOCATION AFTER YOU SCORE TICKETS..and NEVER WAS,-IS -WILL BE TO SCORE TICKETS
    in plain simple Greekglish..
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,944

JS38594 said:

JS38594 said:

Poncier said:

I

But it should be...
    why?
    SYSTEM IN PERFECTION....

SENIORITY WAS..IS...AND WILL BE ALWAYS FOR SEAT LOCATION AFTER YOU SCORE TICKETS..and NEVER WAS,-IS -WILL BE TO SCORE TICKETS
    in plain simple Greekglish..
    Yep. Couldn't be simpler.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,087
    Seniority still means better seats like it always has so its still has the same importance it always has had. No reason I should have a better chance at tickets just because Ive been in the 10c longer.
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    JS38594 said:

JS38594 said:

Poncier said:

I

But it should be...
    why?
    SYSTEM IN PERFECTION....

If you paid your membership for 18 straight years, then you you already got your benefit in those years while you were in the club. Period. Why you think you deserve something better because of this than any other member who paid their membership fee for 2016 is beyond me. Everyone who is an active member should be treated equally imo.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options

Seniority still means better seats like it always has so its still has the same importance it always has had. No reason I should have a better chance at tickets just because Ive been in the 10c longer.

Try telling that to someone who has been in the club since the 1800s.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    I think some people who says seniority counts for "guaranteed tickets" or should count are long-time members from the 90s...and here's why I say that.

In 1996, 98, 2000, whatever, the band used to tour a lot. They'd do NYC two shows, two shows in Philly, two or three shows in Boston, Mansfield, Hartford, etc. They'd do a show in Columbus, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati AND Indianapolis. They'd do two in Chicago. They'd do two in LA and one in San Diego and then three in San Francisco.

Well, not maybe not quite, but close. Someone in Chicago wouldn't have to travel to NYC or Philly because there were two Chicago shows, one in Milwaukee and one in Indianapolis. Add in the limits for tickets someone could buy and there was a "why should I even TRY for MSG when I know I have 4-5 shows within a few hours drive?"

They also had a LOT fewer members than they do now. A "high number" back then might have been 169xxx. When the band toured like crazy, there was less incentive to drive or fly long distances to see them, as you could see 3-4 shows within easy driving distance AND maybe do a half-day at work before the show.

There were also varying limits on the number of tickets someone could get via 10C, thus increasing the supply even more.

10C never said "we guarantee tickets to our members" but it probably FELT like they did.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options

Try telling that to someone who has been in the club since the 1800s.
    Thomas Jefferson was a 10c member?
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    so the seat tracker site was totally pointless?
    hahahha!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*