Options

PINKPOP 2007 - IS PEARL JAM COMING? - So who goes?

Comments

• Options
    I've checked it out & I can fly to Maastricht Aachen airport from Birmingham with a change at Amsterdam! All this preparation eh?
  • Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    I've checked it out & I can fly to Maastricht Aachen airport from Birmingham with a change at Amsterdam! All this preparation eh?
    I believe that airport is situated in Germany...just check it out how much time it'll take you to get to Landgraaf...sometimes it's quicker to fly to a major airport like Amsterdam. Eindhoven also has an airport (I believe Ryanair flies over there).

Eindhoven - Landgraaf is like 1.5 hour by train.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    GO!!!GO!!! Posts: 74
    parel jam wrote:
    I believe that airport is situated in Germany...just check it out how much time it'll take you to get to Landgraaf...sometimes it's quicker to fly to a major airport like Amsterdam. Eindhoven also has an airport (I believe Ryanair flies over there).

Eindhoven - Landgraaf is like 1.5 hour by train.

I think you're wrong, from Aachen to Landgraaf is only about 20 kilometres, so that's not a big problem I think.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    parel jam wrote:
    From Amsterdam it's about 2.5 / 3 hours to get to Landgraaf by train. One way train ticket about 25 euros.
    now that sound simpler than a train and 2 buses!
    we'll see, we might have another ETB running anyway depending on the schedule of the other gigs, that would solve the problem!
    Guess I can always find a friendly Belgian to give me a lift from Bruxelles otherwise (I already got a couple of contacts through ticket exchanges this year) :)
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    now that sound simpler than a train and 2 buses!
    we'll see, we might have another ETB running anyway depending on the schedule of the other gigs, that would solve the problem!
    Guess I can always find a friendly Belgian to give me a lift from Bruxelles otherwise (I already got a couple of contacts through ticket exchanges this year) :)

You were on the ETB too?
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    According to the Pinkpop website, MAASTRICHT AACHEN is the nearest airport & it's fairly reasonable € to get a taxi.

Of course I may just drive & get a ferry!

xx
  • Options
    parel jam wrote:
    You were on the ETB too?
    only a couple of night on it (had not planned so many gigs..silly me)...but was with the ETB people pretty much at all shows.
    This time I stop pretending and I'll be there to every show...:)
  • Options
    IS slayer coming too? l ;)
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    only a couple of night on it (had not planned so many gigs..silly me)...but was with the ETB people pretty much at all shows.
    This time I stop pretending and I'll be there to every show...:)

Wowsers! Eevery show? If there'll be another ETB, I will attned the Benelux tour!
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    People! I have been very excited too, but isnt way too early to plan everything and then the whole thing wont come through...?

I will help you all out no problem with any kind of info or help you need...but shouldnt we just sit tight and wait patiently. I just dont wanna get my hopes up too high....;)
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    People! I have been very excited too, but isnt way too early to plan everything and then the whole thing wont come through...?

I will help you all out no problem with any kind of info or help you need...but shouldnt we just sit tight and wait patiently. I just dont wanna get my hopes up too high....;)

hmmm....think positive...hmmm

;)
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    disconnecteddisconnected Posts: 2,875

Martin Luther King had a dream :D
  • Options
    I will help you all out no problem with any kind of info or help you need...

Thank you........ It just needs to be announced now lol!!

Nah, who knows if it'll happen? At least if it does, we'll be a tiny bit prepared.
  • Options
    Off I Go.Off I Go. Posts: 204
    Yes!!! lets get announced one way or the other soon please our travelling plans need to be arranged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The waiting drove me mad!!!
  • Options
    jemmsjemms Posts: 664
    sorry i cant be fucked reading thorugh 10 pages what is the actual full lineup?? anyone know? has it been annoucned?
    OFFICIAL AUSTRALIAN TOUR MEMBER #77

Ten Club (289xxx)

http://www.myspace.com/k_r_y_s_t_i_e

www.rarerecords.com.au =)
  • Options
    jemms wrote:
    sorry i cant be fucked reading thorugh 10 pages what is the actual full lineup?? anyone know? has it been annoucned?
    28th February
  • Options
    jemms wrote:
    ditto
    Up the West Coast in 2006 and Hawaii++Santa Barbara, San Fran x 3, Portland, Gorge x2
    Chicago and Down the Coast in 2003
    Seattle 2005
    SF 2000, 2001, 2003--- oh or you can come to terms and realize you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself
  • Options
    This moring Jan Smeets was on radio (3FM -Dutch radio). As it now looks no Pearl Jam on pinkpop 2007. Pearl Jam didn't want to. Reason: two of the bandmembers women are pregnant.

This is the article from hyves:

"Vanmorgen was Jan Smeets te horen op 3FM en volgens PLo bevestigde hij de komst van Lostprophets en indirect ook Iggy Pop voor Pinkpop 2007. Smashing Pumpkins hebben zich zelf aangeboden en daar gaan ze mee in gesprek. Pearl Jam was in principe rond, maar is afgeblazen door Pearl Jam."

Link:
    http://pearl-jam.hyves.nl/forum/473124/5J45/Geen_PJ_op_pinkpop_2007/#
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    This moring Jan Smeets was on radio (3FM -Dutch radio). As it now looks no Pearl Jam on pinkpop 2007. Pearl Jam didn't want to. Reason: two of the bandmembers women are pregnant.

This is the article from hyves:

"Vanmorgen was Jan Smeets te horen op 3FM en volgens PLo bevestigde hij de komst van Lostprophets en indirect ook Iggy Pop voor Pinkpop 2007. Smashing Pumpkins hebben zich zelf aangeboden en daar gaan ze mee in gesprek. Pearl Jam was in principe rond, maar is afgeblazen door Pearl Jam."

Link:
    http://pearl-jam.hyves.nl/forum/473124/5J45/Geen_PJ_op_pinkpop_2007/#

Fuckers!

:D
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    We'll see... Lowlands?
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    Obi Once wrote:
    We'll see... Lowlands?

Lowlands would be nice, but I really think PJ is way too huge for the Lowlands festival...although I don't mind.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    Collin wrote:
    Fuckers!

:D

At least 2 ;)
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    Gutted....... Ah well! :) We'll see what 2007 brings us.
  • Options
    parel jam wrote:
    Lowlands would be nice, but I really think PJ is way too huge for the Lowlands festival...although I don't mind.
    True, yet Pearl Jam isnt mainstream and a lot of the people in Arnhem were from other countries. If PJ plays a lot of shows in Europe (ooh please god -like thing if u exist let it be so!) maybe even they'll play a bit smaller venues? I seriously dont mind traveling.
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Obi Once wrote:
    True, yet Pearl Jam isnt mainstream and a lot of the people in Arnhem were from other countries. If PJ plays a lot of shows in Europe (ooh please god -like thing if u exist let it be so!) maybe even they'll play a bit smaller venues? I seriously dont mind traveling.

obi is right, I was in Arnhem!! :D

Hope you get those shows!!!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    Buru wrote:
    obi is right, I was in Arnhem!! :D

Hope you get those shows!!!
    Yes she was! The pure bliss of opening with Release... I will not forget that day! You've been to a load of shows, is it always many people from abroad?
  • Options
    this rollecoster is starting to tire me:
    Pinkpop out but the Poles are saying Poland is confirmed, signed, locked basically..it's only 2 weeks after Pinkpop..so the baby argument seems strange...
    I just wished they came out straight with a NO we won't tour or YES we will!
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    Pegasus wrote:
    Pinkpop out but the Poles are saying Poland is confirmed, signed, locked basically..it's only 2 weeks after Pinkpop..so the baby argument seems strange...
    i agree with you on the NO and YES thing....it's always the stupid waiting if they come...but the oppertunity playing at Werchter or Pukkelpop is bigger now so lets hope they will do that instead....
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:

We already knew it wasn't the people of pinkpop self who confirmed it on dutch radio during serious request.

I heard the baby's of the two PJ members probably come in may...
  • Options
    Off I Go.Off I Go. Posts: 204
    Pegasus wrote:
    Me Too!!!
    The waiting drove me mad!!!