Options

PINKPOP 2007 - IS PEARL JAM COMING? - So who goes?

Comments

• Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    parel jam wrote:
    I thought it was like 2.15pm (14.15hr) or 4.15pm (16.15hr)- because I almost missed them...luckily I did not :)
    true, it was 16.15 or something near that time, and it was fucking hot.. Id much rather see 'm play when the sun goes down.
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    MargoMargo Posts: 256
    I live about a 2 hour drive from Landgraaf. Not too bad, although Arnhem last summer was only 20 mins away....
    Amsterdam 1996, Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Dusseldorf 2007, Rotterdam 2009
    London 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Nijmegen 2010, Manchester I & II 2012, Amsterdam I 2012, Stockholm 2012, EV Amsterdam I 2012
  • Options
    I am definetely in a financial position where I can save up and go as a vacation. I live in Pennsylvania in the states and I just briefly looked for a plane ticket and it said round trip 1500$!!! I don't want to look any more until they say they are actually playing it but is that how much it costs to fly there from here? I hope not!
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I think you could be able to find a flight around 700-800 euros...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    A little italian car is ready to go, as usual.
    Roma
    Bologna, Verona, Milano, Torino, Pistoia
    London, Dusseldorf, Scheessel, Copenhagen
    New York, New York
    Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London
    Dublin, Belfast, London, Venice
    Alpine Valley
    Berlin I, Berlin II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    Berlin, Milan
    Boston I, Boston II
    (London I, London II, Milan, Padova, Roma, Werchter)
  • Options
    Oooh, looks like I'd have to fly London - Amsterdam, then on to the place that I can't spell where the festival is.

Is it mad to come all that way ON MY OWN just for a festival show??
  • Options
    ParasolParasol Posts: 319

no.

you'll find lots of people who'll do it with you. :D
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---
  • Options
    Oooh, looks like I'd have to fly London - Amsterdam, then on to the place that I can't spell where the festival is.

I have serious plans to make the same trip as you but with also the ocean added in :) looking very forward to amsterdam also as i am going to stop there and get extremely stoned.
  • Options

No, just post your picture a few days before, so we can recognize you.
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602

You even can fly to Brussels or Charleroi thats closer ...
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    I will come too :D I hope!
    It's not the best timing for me (may&june= university exams) but I'll do it for the music.. :)

Will probably go all alone too and am considering to stay for a couple of days...my mom has a friend in Amsterdam so I think I can spend the nights there..How much is it from Amsterdam to Landgraaf? Is there a good traffic conection? Would love to meet PJ fans if I make it, so gathering would be fantastic. This festival lasts more days right? Is there a ticket for one day only? And how much is it usually? (in Euros)

Can't wait. :D
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340

Not at all - I went to Leeds this year on my own and it was a great laugh! you'll meet loads of random pearl jam fans anyway!

If this is true I'd definitely go - I like going to festivals and Pearl Jam shows :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options

I flew to Dublin on my own for a gig....from the states......

it's pretty easy to find PJ friends..........
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • Options
    Thanks for all the support guys, I'm definately up for going & meeting everyone now!
  • Options
    Anybody know when we will know definately they will be at Pink Pop?
    The waiting drove me mad!!!
  • Options
    MargoMargo Posts: 256
    Stereotype wrote:
    I will come too :D I hope!
    It's not the best timing for me (may&june= university exams) but I'll do it for the music.. :)

Will probably go all alone too and am considering to stay for a couple of days...my mom has a friend in Amsterdam so I think I can spend the nights there..How much is it from Amsterdam to Landgraaf? Is there a good traffic conection? Would love to meet PJ fans if I make it, so gathering would be fantastic. This festival lasts more days right? Is there a ticket for one day only? And how much is it usually? (in Euros)

Can't wait. :D

Landgraaf is quite far away from Amsterdam. Landgraaf is a tiny little town in the far south of the Netherlands and my guess is that it will take approx 3 hours to get there from Amsterdam. The festival is 3 days but you can by tickets just for one day. I have no idea what the price is though.
    Amsterdam 1996, Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Dusseldorf 2007, Rotterdam 2009
    London 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Nijmegen 2010, Manchester I & II 2012, Amsterdam I 2012, Stockholm 2012, EV Amsterdam I 2012
  • Options
    All those rumours... I only will believe it when Jan Smeets from Pinkpop will tell the world.
    Maybe im sceptic i don't know .. But it would be great
    When all your dreams turn to dust, vacuum
    When all else fails, read the instruction
  • Options
    Margo wrote:
    Landgraaf is quite far away from Amsterdam. Landgraaf is a tiny little town in the far south of the Netherlands and my guess is that it will take approx 3 hours to get there from Amsterdam. The festival is 3 days but you can by tickets just for one day. I have no idea what the price is though.
    If people are flying they better can go to Brussels ...from brussels it's like an 1hour and half drive....
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    trammeustrammeus Posts: 124
    JanetWeiss wrote:
    A little italian car is ready to go, as usual.

TWO little italian cars are ready to go :-)
    (Milan)

Tram
    Verona 93 - Milan 96 - Barcelona 96 - Verona 00 - Milan 00 - Turin 06 - Berlin 06 - Lisbon 07 - Madrid 07 - Katowice 07 - London 07 - Werchter 07
  • Options
    Roughly when do they normally announce the line-up?
  • Options

Yes, and how to book the tickets of the festival? (The official site is written only in dutch...)

T.
    Verona 93 - Milan 96 - Barcelona 96 - Verona 00 - Milan 00 - Turin 06 - Berlin 06 - Lisbon 07 - Madrid 07 - Katowice 07 - London 07 - Werchter 07
  • Options
    trammeus wrote:
    Yes, and how to book the tickets of the festival? (The official site is written only in dutch...)

T.
    I think through Goformusic or Teleticketservice you also can book them but i'm not sure......this Italian family here from Belgium ( well hubby is Italian)will also go then by car 30 min drive from our place...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options

I thought they announce that in february
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    redlady wrote:
    If people are flying they better can go to Brussels ...from brussels it's like an 1hour and half drive....
    well but once you fly (or take Eurostar for Brussels...more environmentally friendly :)), you need public transport.
    Is it easier from Amsterdam (same country) or cross-border from Bruxells?
  • Options
    trammeus wrote:
    TWO little italian cars are ready to go :-)
    (Milan)

Tram

900 Km from Milan and 1500 from Rome.
    I've been on the road for a week, last september... and now it's time to be a little more "on the road". :)
    Roma
    Bologna, Verona, Milano, Torino, Pistoia
    London, Dusseldorf, Scheessel, Copenhagen
    New York, New York
    Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London
    Dublin, Belfast, London, Venice
    Alpine Valley
    Berlin I, Berlin II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    Berlin, Milan
    Boston I, Boston II
    (London I, London II, Milan, Padova, Roma, Werchter)
  • Options
    JanetWeiss wrote:
    900 Km from Milan and 1500 from Rome.
    I've been on the road for a week, last september... and now it's time to be a little more "on the road". :)

Yea
    Maybe I'll have a camper.
    Last September I only saw 2 shows. At the end I realized how wrong I was not to reserve more time to it.
    Reading possibility was in my hands...and I lost it.
  • Options
    ymerejymerej Posts: 70
    Yeah! Count me, count me too!!!
    but fuck...how do I get there???
    wait...did someone said road trip???:D
    I just want to scream...
    ...hello!!!
    My god its been six years...
    never dreamed...
    ...you'd return.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    well but once you fly (or take Eurostar for Brussels...more environmentally friendly :)), you need public transport.
    Is it easier from Amsterdam (same country) or cross-border from Bruxells?
    Amsterdam is all the way on the other side i think to brussels is mutch easyer..you can take from brussels the train to Genk with a K at the end it's not Gent...LOL..then take the bus to Maastricht ( same country but close to Landgraaf ) and from there on there will be other busses leaving....easyer will be hire a car because by freeway it's good to get there and only 1,5 hour drive from Brussels directly to Geleen were Landgraaf is situated......OR if we also are going we can pick you up at the trainstation at Genk because i live there an it's half an hour drive to Pinkpop....so manny possibilety's to choose from...if i find the time somewhere this week to come i will look some things up...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    redlady wrote:
    Amsterdam is all the way on the other side i think to brussels is mutch easyer..you can take from brussels the train to Genk with a K at the end it's not Gent...LOL..then take the bus to Maastricht ( same country but close to Landgraaf ) and from there on there will be other busses leaving....easyer will be hire a car because by freeway it's good to get there and only 1,5 hour drive from Brussels directly to Geleen were Landgraaf is situated......OR if we also are going we can pick you up at the trainstation at Genk because i live there an it's half an hour drive to Pinkpop....so manny possibilety's to choose from...if i find the time somewhere this week to come i will look some things up...

From Amsterdam it's about 2.5 / 3 hours to get to Landgraaf by train. One way train ticket about 25 euros.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Options
    parel jam wrote:
    From Amsterdam it's about 2.5 / 3 hours to get to Landgraaf by train. One way train ticket about 25 euros.
    ok thanks for saying this...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010