Options

PINKPOP 2007 - IS PEARL JAM COMING? - So who goes?

Comments

• Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,564
    There are also rumors here in norway. I can't share any details, but its around the same time of year as pinkpop. Så who knows? A festival tour down europe perhaps?
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    if that happens, we'll need to help each other across borders...buying tickets for concerts overseas is not that easy but Festival ones is downright a pain and we get no help from 10c.
  • Options
    Well I wishing for a complete European tour including two show in Holland, Pinkpop and Ahoy'.
  • Options
    pinkpop still under clear channel control?

peace
    lz
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,564
    Pegasus wrote:
    if that happens, we'll need to help each other across borders...buying tickets for concerts overseas is not that easy but Festival ones is downright a pain and we get no help from 10c.

Never seen pearl jam at a festival, so it should be fun. If it happens, we will team up and hopefully go all the way! that Barcelona concert left me wanting more... Alot more!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Maybe the UK will have indoor shows as we had festivals last time.

I think both the last two European tours have been a mixture of festivals and headline dates.

Apparently Bruce Springsteen is definitely not headlining Glastonbury now so there's that spot open again.

The festival organisers have said that some of thr rumours have come close but none have guess the line up quite correctly just yet
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    Well I wishing for a complete European tour including two show in Holland, Pinkpop and Ahoy'.

A complete European tour, ahhh.. But I don't know, they are still on tour and they're only human, have families... so I don't know...you know :D .. But two shows in Holland, ow, come on, why not six huh?!! How about one in Slovenia! :P
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    Maybe the UK will have indoor shows as we had festivals last time.

I think both the last two European tours have been a mixture of festivals and headline dates.

Apparently Bruce Springsteen is definitely not headlining Glastonbury now so there's that spot open again.

The festival organisers have said that some of the rumours have come close but none have guess the line up quite correctly just yet
    no Boss?..good!
    I want to do Glasto this year regardless..but I don't care for Springsteen (don't hate it or anything, just does nothing for me), so happy he's not there...would be happy if the Kylie rumour was wrong too mind you!
    The Who, the Killers and Razorlight rumours on the other hand ...
  • Options
    Stereotype wrote:
    A complete European tour, ahhh.. But I don't know, they are still on tour and they're only human, have families... so I don't know...you know :D .. But two shows in Holland, ow, come on, why not six huh?!! How about one in Slovenia! :P

Allright, six shows :rolleyes:......And four of them on the Wilhelminaplein in Leeuwarden!!!!:D
  • Options
    As long as they havent changed the weed laws by then-)

nah fuck it i'll be there

I'll SMOKE/Eat a cosmic cake to that!!
    Up the West Coast in 2006 and Hawaii++Santa Barbara, San Fran x 3, Portland, Gorge x2
    Chicago and Down the Coast in 2003
    Seattle 2005
    SF 2000, 2001, 2003--- oh or you can come to terms and realize you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Count me in!!

Pinkpop isnt my favorite festival, but if PJ comes to play I cannot refuse.
    parel jam wrote:
    They weren't the headliners back in 2000...I believe it was Moby.
    Moby - Live
    Pearl Jam - Korn
    http://www.affichemuseum.nl/images/41586984d9679PP%202000%20(5).jpg
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    Well, the rumours now are that PJ is coming on saturday.. Someone at a dutch PJ forum told that this rumour is coming from someone of Pinkpop who is a reliable source....

Well, me and my brother are coming definitly on saturday if this is true!!!!:D
  • Options
    MargoMargo Posts: 256
    I'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Amsterdam 1996, Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Dusseldorf 2007, Rotterdam 2009
    London 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Nijmegen 2010, Manchester I & II 2012, Amsterdam I 2012, Stockholm 2012, EV Amsterdam I 2012
  • Options
    Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Well, me and my brother are coming definitly on saturday if this is true!!!!:D
    I forgot that since this year u can buy tix for one day, count me in for sure.
    your light's reflected now
  • Options
    So let's invite a lot of friends from foreign countries and we'll make one big party that saturday in may!!! hahahaha the more the better!!!
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    So let's invite a lot of friends from foreign countries and we'll make one big party that saturday in may!!! hahahaha the more the better!!!

You can stay over. no problem! Cant we have our private Pj campsite...hehe, or is that a bit too much... ;)
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    That sounds good to me , we just reserve a place on the campingsite just for us fans, but....... it's still all rumours right ?
    Hold me, and make it the truth,...
    That when all is lost there will be you,...
    Cause to the universe I don't mean a thing
    And there's just one word I stil believe
    And it's Love

29-08-06 (Arnhem)
    28-06-07 (Nijmegen)
    27-06-10 (Nijmegen)
  • Options
    A camp is better than a three hour drive:D

It is still a rumour :(
  • Options
    Just a rumor, but one you can find in the papers, and on some pinkpop sites. The organisation is talking with coldplay and pearl jam, so i believe in it and i’ll be there.
  • Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    A camp is better than a three hour drive:D

It is still a rumour :(
    For me half an hour drive so no camp just my nice bed...LOL
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    redlady wrote:
    For me half an hour drive so no camp just my nice bed...LOL

:( I just live in the north of Holland...............
  • Options
    :( I just live in the north of Holland...............
    i just live across the borders in Genk Belgium so thats not far...firts city at the netherlands site is Stein and then Geleen Landgraaf...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    redlady wrote:
    i just live across the borders in Genk Belgium so thats not far...firts city at the netherlands site is Stein and then Geleen Landgraaf...

I allways thought we live far from everything :(

Well, except Domino Day.....
  • Options
    I allways thought we live far from everything :(

Well, except Domino Day.....
    We live close to lots of thing ..Pinkpop half an hour ...Rock Werchter half an hour...Pukkelpop 15 min ...Brussels and Antwerp an hour drive....so i think we are just living great if ya wanna go to concerts and stuff...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    2 hr drive for me , if i'm driving fast , i live near arnhem, but i don't like to drive back , campingsite sounds like lots of fun
    Hold me, and make it the truth,...
    That when all is lost there will be you,...
    Cause to the universe I don't mean a thing
    And there's just one word I stil believe
    And it's Love

29-08-06 (Arnhem)
    28-06-07 (Nijmegen)
    27-06-10 (Nijmegen)
  • Options
    redlady wrote:
    We live close to lots of thing ..Pinkpop half an hour ...Rock Werchter half an hour...Pukkelpop 15 min ...Brussels and Antwerp an hour drive....so i think we are just living great if ya wanna go to concerts and stuff...

Damn :( I should move.......

Well, with a campingsite I also can drink some beer or wine hehehe :D
  • Options
    I don't care: I'll camp, I'll hitchicke, I'll walk... but I'll be there!!

now gto to find when the tickets are on sale and how to buy the, in English...or French, or Spanish (unless can get my dutch aunt to buy them for me... if I can teach her internet by then!)
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    I don't care: I'll camp, I'll hitchicke, I'll walk... but I'll be there!!

now gto to find when the tickets are on sale and how to buy the, in English...or French, or Spanish (unless can get my dutch aunt to buy them for me... if I can teach her internet by then!)
    Maybe we can help you too...specially for the Belgium ones...
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    *squeals with excitement* I'll be there!!!! :D:D:D
    I'll go for the day, that way I can save money for the rest of the tour ;)
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    redlady wrote:
    Maybe we can help you too...specially for the Belgium ones...
    Belgium is fine, I'm French :)