Options

*** OFFICIAL Lexington Roll Call!!! ***

Comments

• Options
    BEnglish017BEnglish017 Posts: 455
    edited March 2016

your comment further solidifies the other guys thoughts of it seems pretty strange for any team to want to cut the nets down after making the sweet 16. Maybe if your florida gulf coast....indiana used to have a program that would scoff at cutting down the nets because they advanced past the group on 32

The rumor came from a Kentucky Radio Station, so it must be true.
    KSR has been a pretty reliable source of information over the years if you listen to what they say and later they are proven correct.
    Nope
    Usually if it's Louisville news he knows before it comes out, like the Chris Jones situation. He's got reliable sources and has made many predictions over the years that have come true. He's a smart dude that has his shit together. He right more often than not.
    Post edited by BEnglish017 on
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    Leave the hoops talk elsewhere.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422

I know, i just said something about wearing IU gear and they pounce, oh well, their loss, literally.

I have wore an Indiana hat almost every time I went to Rupp.... People get super butt-hurt over little stuff these days, not sure I would do it again.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    ComeToTX said:

Leave the hoops talk elsewhere.

This. I want to talk about Pearl Jam at Rupp. And craft beer. And how early to get in the GA line.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    just got my confirmation emails. box office for this one opens 2 hours earlier than my other 2 shows for some reason.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    ComeToTX said:

just got my confirmation emails. box office for this one opens 2 hours earlier than my other 2 shows for some reason.

Big stadium...probably biggest crowd?
  • Options
    While I am sure it is not a needle in a haystack, is anyone familiar with the arena and know the proximity of the entrance?

- The GA entry door for this show will be located at the West Gate Entrance. This door is the fastest and most direct route to the GA floor.
  • Options
    laa1025laa1025 Posts: 128
    Or to reduce wait time
  • Options
    CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 571
    No opening act either.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    BK221359BK221359 Charleston, SC Posts: 237
    Anyone familiar with the curfew time at Rupp?
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    New Orleans, LA - 9-17-1995
    New Orleans, LA - 8-14-2000
    Lexington, KY - 4-26-2016
    Nashville, TN - 6-9-2016 (TMR)
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Chicago, IL - 8-18-2018 & 8-20-2018
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9-18-2021
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
    Ohana Fest Encore - 10-1-2021 & 10-2-2021
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    BS44325 said:

ComeToTX said:

That was my guess too
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    BS44325 said:

ComeToTX said:

Not many windows at the box office. That's probably why.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options

While I am sure it is not a needle in a haystack, is anyone familiar with the arena and know the proximity of the entrance?

- The GA entry door for this show will be located at the West Gate Entrance. This door is the fastest and most direct route to the GA floor.

It's on the other side of the arena from the attached Hyatt.

• Options
    BK221359 said:

Anyone familiar with the curfew time at Rupp?

No idea on that one.

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited March 2016

is the west gate through the Hyatt? or we talking about Manchester St.?

• Options
    know1 said:

Ok that answered my question...Manchester St.

• Options
    pjalive21 said:

know1 said:

Ok that answered my question...Manchester St.

Not quite. That's the correct side, but the arena is raised above that parking lot. It's actually easier to park in that lot that's to the South of Rupp arena (across High St.) and then just walk around the left side of the arena to the West gate. If you're driving up Manchester, you're going to have a tough time getting close other than pulling into the big lot well away from where you see Rupp on a map.

If you're walking coming from the South, you just go around the left side. If you've been downtown at a bar or restaurant, you basically have to walk up the hill around the Hyatt (or through the shopping center attached to that comples going up a few floors) and then on down to the other side. You can only get to that West gate by foot from High Street.

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    It's 04/01! Whoop whoop! Happy April fools :tongue:

Cannot wait to get packed up and hit the road! I even got my ear plugs! Ssooo ready!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    FoxyRedLa said:

Cannot wait to get packed up and hit the road! I even got my ear plugs! Ssooo ready!

Happy April Fools! I came in to work and everything on my desk was wrapped din tin foil lol
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    KC138045 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

Happy April Fools! I came in to work and everything on my desk was wrapped din tin foil lol
    Not bad. I arrived at school and people were wrapping up someone's car in saran wrap! :lol:
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    So is the West gate where the Lexington center is located? Just trying to figure out where the GA line will be. I'm sure I should just look for the people standing in line but was curious
  • Options
    KC138045 said:

FoxyRedLa said:

haha we just got done doing something similar to someone's desk at my job...So glad its April, the month of Pearl Jam!!

• Options
    Camping/Fishing question. Anyone know of places to camp out the night before and possibly fish the day before and morning of the show. Nothing like soaking up some Kentucky sun and catching Big Bass before we rock out. Any help would be great.
  • Options
    Peyton18 said:

So is the West gate where the Lexington center is located? Just trying to figure out where the GA line will be. I'm sure I should just look for the people standing in line but was curious

It's on the West Side of the arena. That's the other side from the attached Hyatt. You can only access that gate by foot from the High Street side of the arena. The line will extend back toward High street and then probably round the corner of the arena and be on the sidewalk parallel to High street.

• Options

Camping/Fishing question. Anyone know of places to camp out the night before and possibly fish the day before and morning of the show. Nothing like soaking up some Kentucky sun and catching Big Bass before we rock out. Any help would be great.

How close do you need to be? There really isn't much bass fishing close to Lexington. An hour and a half South is a campground below the Dam of Lake Cumberland. The river is filled with trout, walleye and stripers.

If you like creek fishing for smallmouth, this is a little closer, but still probably 45 minutes away: http://www.stillwaterscampground.com/

• Options
    Anything within an hour would be great. Hoping to find something we can camp on and fish both late night before show and early morning of day of show. Will check out Still Waters.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Anything within an hour would be great. Hoping to find something we can camp on and fish both late night before show and early morning of day of show. Will check out Still Waters.

Thanks.

Are you bringing some sort of boat or kayak or canoe or are you talking bank fishing?

Stillwaters is about 45 minutes from the arena. I've stayed there once and fished that stretch of Elkhorn creek several times from a kayak.
    Post edited by know1 on

• Options
    BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 400
    25 days....last show, Moline.....I have waited so long!!!.........
  • Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    FOR SALE FACE VALUE

1 spare TM Lexington, KY

Sec 25. Row M. Seat 2
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 400
    Hey DSTRUB ill take that ticket,my son wants to go with me. pm me