Options

*** OFFICIAL Lexington Roll Call!!! ***

Comments

• Options
    Happy JulioHappy Julio Posts: 161
    Looking for a pair of tickets for this show and have an extra single to let go of. PM me with interest.
    2006 PJ/Petty Milwaukee Night 1
    2007 Lollapalooza Chicago
    2013 Wrigley Chicago
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    48 days!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    BEnglish017BEnglish017 Posts: 455
    Peyton18 said:

How many of you are going to Wrigley as well as Lexington? Just curious

Going to Lexington and both Wrigley shows. Was hoping they'd add some more dates and end up in Nashville too but I don't know if that'll happen
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

Peyton18 said:

How many of you are going to Wrigley as well as Lexington? Just curious

Going to Lexington and both Wrigley shows. Was hoping they'd add some more dates and end up in Nashville too but I don't know if that'll happen
    They were originally supposed to play Nashville at the Bridgestone Arena but cancelled due to signing up for Bonnaroo and Bonnaroo stipulations about playing cities close to the festival
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,765
    loadedgun said:

To all you locals.....I've read all the comments, so opinions aside.....which brewery is Lexington best known for? If any.

I don't know about best known, but Country Boy and Blue Stallion are my favorites. West Sixth is popular, but I don't care much for their beer. Ethereal is in a great location with a couple of other restaurants and bars. If the weather's good, it's a very nice spot. None are too far from Rupp, but West Sixth is the furthest.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Having TASTED a life wasted I'm never going BACK again!!! :rock_on:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,643
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    What's the weather typically like at the end of April for Lexington?

EDIT:::::

did some weather research and it says highs are usually around mid 60's near 70...can this be verified?
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    pjalive21 said:

What's the weather typically like at the end of April for Lexington?

EDIT:::::

did some weather research and it says highs are usually around mid 60's near 70...can this be verified?

Could be Sunny & 50 or Stormy & 75/80 or anything in between. Fickle weather here that time of year.

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,643
    edited March 2016
    Packing already? ;)
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 278
    Looking for a single for the show. Have nothing to trade. Cash only.
  • Options
    Rushboy2112Rushboy2112 Waupaca, WI Posts: 21
    driving from Wisconsin to see PJ on my wife's 50th birthday. see you at the preparty at Hopcats :)
  • Options
    loadedgun said:

I still don't have a hotel. Anyone staying at the Staybridge suites? About as close as I can get.
    Also, I've never heard of this place. I'm not going ghetto on this am I?

I'll be there. Close enough and cheap enough and looks like a good place.
  • Options
    my wife and I will be in from Wisconsin, first time ever in Kentucky. have the whole day to spend on Wednesday (day after). suggestions? go to the mountains? we like music (obviously), museums, history, nature trails ... almost anything. what's critical to see in Kentucky? going back home via Indiana on Thursday so any advice on things to do heading that way would be great too. thanks all.
  • Options
    43 Days!!!
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    A local friend is looking for a pair of tickets.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options

if no luck here, take a gander at this thread to help your friend out

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/249799/2016-tickets-swap-sell-face-only-thread#latest

• Options
    Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504

tickets still available on ticketmaster
  • Options
    EvieVedderEvieVedder NW Indiana Posts: 461
    Not sure if you're coming up I65, but if you do, stop at the Fair Oaks dairy farm. Best grilled cheese you'll ever eat. Even if you are from Wisconsin!

my wife and I will be in from Wisconsin, first time ever in Kentucky. have the whole day to spend on Wednesday (day after). suggestions? go to the mountains? we like music (obviously), museums, history, nature trails ... almost anything. what's critical to see in Kentucky? going back home via Indiana on Thursday so any advice on things to do heading that way would be great too. thanks all.

Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

if no luck here, take a gander at this thread to help your friend out

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/249799/2016-tickets-swap-sell-face-only-thread#latest

Thanks. I will.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options

tickets still available on ticketmaster
    I'll have to ask him why he is still looking. Maybe there are not so good seats left? He is not a hardcore fan and not a member of 10c. So maybe he is trying to find something better. Don't know.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Ticketmaster now says "Not Many Left"
    C'mon April 26th!!!!!!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504
    KC138045 said:

Ticketmaster now says "Not Many Left"
    C'mon April 26th!!!!!!

Search for tickets using the MAP feature. Can see exactly where seats are located. There definitely arent many but they have been up there for quite a while.
  • Options
    40 Days!!!
  • Options

As was mentioned earlier in this thread. You have to make accommodations to go to Keeneland. It would have to be the Sunday before or Wednesday after, though. This is something not to be missed and it's only open 6 weeks out of the year.

Other than that, go to the KY Horsepark or tour one of the bourbon distilleries. If you're into hiking and nature, go to Red River Gorge.

If I had to go with critical, I'd put Keeneland and touring a bourbon distillery as the top 2. The distillery would be a distant 2nd to Keeneland, though.

The last time I was in Wisconson, I toured Leinenkugel's.

• Options
    thanks so much for this, appreciated, checking out Keeneland now.
  • Options

thanks so much for this, appreciated, checking out Keeneland now.

If you have any questions about it, I'm happy to answer them.

I know most people have experienced horse racing in other parts of the country, but Keeneland is an entirely different experience...and especially the spring meet.

It's really much more about the people watching and the experience and beauty of the track than it is about the horse racing. I don't really care about the racing that much, but I'll bet a few dollars on each race just to make it more interesting.

People often dress up (though not required), and many will go and tailgate before or just during the whole day in the grassy parking lots. There is a ton of alcohol consumed, but it's just a really classy experience. Because of the money they make from sales and betting, the cost to get in is very cheap relatively speaking for an event that seems so upscale.

Depending on whether you go Sunday or Wednesday, you'll have a fairly different experience, but they'll both be good. If the weather is nice, it will be absolutely packed on Sunday. Like shoulder-to-shoulder packed. It will be more low-key on Wednesday obviously. You'll be able to move around easier, bet and buy food easier, etc. But, the people watching won't be quite as good either. Personally, I'd probably prefer the weekday because it does get so crowded on the weekend, but the party is bigger if it's not a workday, obviously.

Here's a promotional video about Keeneland in general:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtRQ_e6JElc

Here are some of Keeneland's promo video for past year's spring meets:

2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OBWp0G1lpc

2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B12F8uUWoI

• Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    I just booked the University Inn. Finally ready to make some real plans. Anyone know if that is a do-able walk to Rupp?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    loadedgun said:

I just booked the University Inn. Finally ready to make some real plans. Anyone know if that is a do-able walk to Rupp?

its almost 2 miles SW from the arena...depends if you like your cardio or not ha

• Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    edited March 2016
    Is this the biggest arena PJ has played?? Apparently Rupp fits more people than MSG? I just found this out and it shocked me a little.