*** OFFICIAL Lexington Roll Call!!! ***

Comments

• WhoDey said:

Springhill is the place! We should all bring a 6 pack of your favorite hometown mirco brew and we all meet up and taste test prior to the pre-show parties at the bars. Thoughts?

I'm in! The Three Floyds brewery is right near my casa. I'd be happy to bring some to share.
    Gumball Head and Zombie Dust are my favorite beers. PERIOD.

Such a fight to get them in the NW suburbs. Lucky you!
  • chadaw76chadaw76 Posts: 292
    I love Three Floyds. Gumballhead is my all time favorite beer!
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • To all locals: I went on the cheap and booked the La Quinta. My plan was to Uber/taxi to and fro.

I know it's about 4 miles away but was thinking I would get to the arena early and just hang out downtown for a bit and then Uber/taxi back afterward. Am I going to be good staying that far out?

How is the transportation around there?
  • N_Jay_HN_Jay_H Posts: 171

WhoDey said:

Springhill is the place! We should all bring a 6 pack of your favorite hometown mirco brew and we all meet up and taste test prior to the pre-show parties at the bars. Thoughts?

I'm in! The Three Floyds brewery is right near my casa. I'd be happy to bring some to share.
    My work is literally half a mile from 3 Floyd's as well. Staying at the Campbell House, however.
  • N_Jay_H said:

WhoDey said:

My work is literally half a mile from 3 Floyd's as well. Staying at the Campbell House, however.
    Cool! NWI represent!

Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
  • chadaw76 said:

Well, I'll be sure to bring some to the Springhill PJ party hotel. : )
    Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
  • chadaw76chadaw76 Posts: 292

chadaw76 said:

chadaw76 said:

Sounds good!
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794

To all locals: I went on the cheap and booked the La Quinta. My plan was to Uber/taxi to and fro.

I know it's about 4 miles away but was thinking I would get to the arena early and just hang out downtown for a bit and then Uber/taxi back afterward. Am I going to be good staying that far out?

How is the transportation around there?

You should be fine, although you're on the "rougher" side of town. Lexington's a safe place, though.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • WhoDeyWhoDey Posts: 115

WhoDey said:

Awesome!!! Sounds like people are interested in doing this! If you can get you hands on Zombie Dust, I would love if you could bring extra for me to buy from you. Very hard to get in Cincy unless you know the day of arrival at the store.
    I will be bringing my favorite local, Rhinegheist Truth. Awesome IPA.

• What's the details of the SpringHill pre party. Is it the same as Wishlist or separate??
    If anyone's interested in the best local Lexington beers, here are a few. These are my opinion only.

Country Boy (brewery a few blocks from the Springhill Suites)
    - Cougar Bait (blonde ale)
    - Shotgun Wedding (vanilla brown)
    Cougar Bait is available in cans and Shotgun Wedding will be available soon (so maybe by April). Both are widely available at local restaurants.

Blue Stallion
    - Dunkel
    - Hefeweizen
    Not available for package purchase, but common at restaurants and the brewery.

Other people will say that West Sixth's beers are good. I've found them to be hit or miss. They are the most widely available for package purchase, though.
    - IPA
    - Amber
    - Lemongrass American Wheat
    - Cocoa Porter

• Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    Spring Hill is not like wishlist. It's a bunch of great fans getting together at the same hotel looking to have a good time! It's going to be great
  • Peyton18 said:

Spring Hill is not like wishlist. It's a bunch of great fans getting together at the same hotel looking to have a good time! It's going to be great

Thanks for the info. Count me in
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Peyton18 said:

I'm in. That's walking distance to the show?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • front spacerfront spacer Posts: 3,246
    FoxyRedLa said:

Peyton18 said:

I'm in. That's walking distance to the show?
    I believe it is about 9 or 10 blocks, straight up Broadway!

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
    Excellent!
    edited January 2016
    Peyton18 said:

I am suggesting we meet prior to wishlist then head up there after our "pre pre party". Wishlist is always a great time and for a great cause, don't want to deter from that. If people want to stay there and not go, that is fine as well. I just thought it would be great to get all of us to bring some of our local drink to share while we listen to some tunes prior.
    Post edited by WhoDey on
  • know1 said:

If anyone's interested in the best local Lexington beers, here are a few. These are my opinion only.

Cougar Bait is available in cans and Shotgun Wedding will be available soon (so maybe by April). Both are widely available at local restaurants.

Blue Stallion
    - Dunkel
    - Hefeweizen

Other people will say that West Sixth's beers are good. I've found them to be hit or miss. They are the most widely available for package purchase, though.
    - IPA
    - Amber
    - Cocoa Porter

All good beers but Country Boy shouldn't be limited to just those. There are way more at the brewery that those don't touch. I think I'm gonna hit Country Boy before the show.
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023, Wrigley 8.29.24, Wrigley 8.31.24
  • PJArtistPJArtist Posts: 542
    I have a spare Jacksonville GA for anyone's spare Lexington GA
    New Orleans 00/Seattle 02/New Orleans, Houston, Dallas 03/
    Kissimmee 04/Montreal 05/Chicago 06/Gorge 06/Leeds 06/London 07/Lollapalooza 07/EV Chicago 08/EV Santa Barbara 08/Bonnaroo 08/EV @ McCartney NY 09/EV Atlanta 09/Spectrum 09 (4 shows)/Jazz Fest '10/Voices for Justice (EV) 10/Columbus 10/Noblesville 10/EV Sydney, Melbourne 11/EV Philadelphia, Detroit 11/Alpine weekend/Toronto 11 (2 shows)/Made in America 2012/Deluna Fest 2012/Missoula 2012/Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle 2013/Global Citizen/Florida 16/MSG 16/Wrigley 16
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    WhoDey said:

Peyton18 said:

I am suggesting we meet prior to wishlist then head up there after our "pre pre party". Wishlist is always a great time and for a great cause, don't want to deter from that. If people want to stay there and not go, that is fine as well. I just thought it would be great to get all of us to bring some of our local drink to share while we listen to some tunes prior.
    I need to check but is there a hotel bar? I'm planning on being there around 1.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    KC138045 said:

WhoDey said:

Peyton18 said:

No bar in the hotel. Damn!!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 said:

WhoDey said:

Peyton18 said:

there is a nice bar in the hotel. I will call and see about using the space for the afternoon early evening.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424

WhoDey said:

We stopped by there on the way to Chicago last year. Great food as well as beer.

I'm liking the Yum Yum pale ale. Down near Indianapolis it's really hard to find Gumballhead.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • WhoDey said:

We stopped by there on the way to Chicago last year. Great food as well as beer.

I'm liking the Yum Yum pale ale. Down near Indianapolis it's really hard to find Gumballhead.
    Really like Yum Yum too, I think it replaced Jinx Proof or Alpha King (I can't remember which). Yum Yum is so good on tap.
  • front spacerfront spacer Posts: 3,246
    edited January 2016

WhoDey said:

For being one of Indiana's original independent brewerys and having such regional notoriety, Three Floyds doesn't have much of a presence in Indianapolis for some reason.

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18

know1 said:

Blue Stallion
    - Dunkel
    - Hefeweizen

- IPA
    - Amber
    - Cocoa Porter

All good beers but Country Boy shouldn't be limited to just those. There are way more at the brewery that those don't touch. I think I'm gonna hit Country Boy before the show.
    Very true. I started that list as ones I like, but then when I included West Sixth, that got watered down. There are a number of good Country Boy brews that can only (primarily) be found at their brewery taproom.

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424

WhoDey said:

Really like Yum Yum too, I think it replaced Jinx Proof or Alpha King (I can't remember which). Yum Yum is so good on tap.
    Yeah it doesn't seem like I've seen Alpha King around much.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited January 2016
    WhoDey said:

Peyton18 said:

I agree with this we should do a pre pre party at SpringHill, then the wishlist pre party, and then a post party ha....what time will the pre pre party to go down? ill be in town around 12-1pm

im down for whatever tho just want to meet some cool people and have a good time, this is going to be a stand out show I feel already

as far as beer ill bring some of St. Louis's own Zwickel ...didn't see that on the list

Post edited by pjalive21 on
    Ok. What am I signing up for haha. Can I get a mixed drink with these pre pre party plans??
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    edited January 2016
    FoxyRedLa said:

Ok. What am I signing up for haha. Can I get a mixed drink with these pre pre party plans??

Capt and Mt Dew??? see if I did that starting at 1pm tho I wouldn't remember the show ha hence why this beer talk

and considering its my 37th bday im already going to be in trouble