Options

Traveling to shows? Airbnb Discount

Comments

• Options
    When the discount comes out??? Itd only for new airnbn members?
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    pjallipjalli Posts: 129
    edited February 2016

pjalli said:

3days said:

Nothing wrong with this. It's great that Pearl Jam recognizes that it's travel-prone fans are looking for affordable accomdations, and offering a solution. Sponsorship deal or no, I like this offer.
    Besides, Pearl Jam has reserved hotels for travel packages before. I realize this is different, but that's the cool part... it's a cheaper alternative.

I think they should be upfront about it being a sponsorship deal, especially given the band's prior point of view on these issues. oh and of course it's only valid for new airbnb users, because they wouldn't get paid for referring existing airbnb users. do you know that air bnb will pay partners $50 per new user referred?
    what i know is pj fans and 10c members get cheaper deal for accomontation and 10c made it happen..
    Not all members, only new airbnb members. And "made it happen" is funny, this is a typical cpa deal.

But whatever, I get that not all fans think that bands getting corporate sponsors is offensive.
    Post edited by pjalli on
  • Options
    I used to get up in arms about this stuff. Now I simply do not have the time to care. They are 25 years older and things change. I'm not the same as I was 25 years ago either.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    edited February 2016
    pjalli said:

pjalli said:

3days said:

Nothing wrong with this. It's great that Pearl Jam recognizes that it's travel-prone fans are looking for affordable accomdations, and offering a solution. Sponsorship deal or no, I like this offer.
    Besides, Pearl Jam has reserved hotels for travel packages before. I realize this is different, but that's the cool part... it's a cheaper alternative.

I think they should be upfront about it being a sponsorship deal, especially given the band's prior point of view on these issues. oh and of course it's only valid for new airbnb users, because they wouldn't get paid for referring existing airbnb users. do you know that air bnb will pay partners $50 per new user referred?
    what i know is pj fans and 10c members get cheaper deal for accomontation and 10c made it happen..
    Not all members, only new airbnb members. And "made it happen" is funny, this is a typical cpa deal.

But whatever, I get that not all fans think that bands getting corporate sponsors is offensive.
    I understand your complaint, and I didn't mean to give offense. I also just don't happen to agree that this is "gross".

They've got a twitter picture of the band with the Airbnb logo up on the main page right now. So, I don't think it's a secret that they're working with Airbnb for this tour; it doesn't seem like cloak and dagger stuff.

I also think it is 100% correct that PJ "made it happen". They had an option, they made a decision, and they pulled the trigger. And what's the end result? At the very least, some fans will have cheaper accomodations. If your ascertation is correct, Pearl Jam profits from it (and they tend to do a lot of charitable stuff with the profits), and Airbnb gets new business.
    Post edited by 3days on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    pjalli said:

pjalli said:

3days said:

I dont care..im not the band
    I am a fan and they make a deal for be cheaper thw accomontation for the fans..its ok in my book
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,947
    There's no expiry date on this offer, right?
  • Options
    sistirsistir NYC Posts: 14
    awesome, I will be using this for Miami and chicago
    09/29/1996 New York City Randall’s Island
    09/08/1998 E. Rutherford, NJ Continental Arena
    09/10/1998 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
    09/11/1998 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
    08-25-2000 Wantagh, New York
    08-24-2000 Wantagh, New York
    08-23-2000 Wantagh, New York
    08-12-2000 Tampa, Florida
    08-10-2000 West Palm Beach, Florida
    08-09-2000 West Palm Beach, Florida
    05-21-2010 New York, New York
    05-20-2010 New York, New York
    10-19-2013 Brooklyn, NY
    10-18-2013 Brooklyn, NY
    09-26-2015 New York, New York
    04-08-2016 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    04-09-2016 Miami, Florida
    04-29-2016 Philly, PA
    05-01-2016 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
    05-02-2016 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
    08-05-2016 Fenway Park - Boston
  • Options
    vonlupvonlup Indy Posts: 75
    sistir said:

You may only be able to use it once. So maybe try a different email and or credit card. Not sure.
  • Options
    sistirsistir NYC Posts: 14
    thanks
    vonlup said:

sistir said:

You may only be able to use it once. So maybe try a different email and or credit card. Not sure.
    thanks. that's ok bc I never knew of this site and the prices regardless of the discount are great.
    09/29/1996 New York City Randall’s Island
    09/08/1998 E. Rutherford, NJ Continental Arena
    09/10/1998 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
    09/11/1998 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
    08-25-2000 Wantagh, New York
    08-24-2000 Wantagh, New York
    08-23-2000 Wantagh, New York
    08-12-2000 Tampa, Florida
    08-10-2000 West Palm Beach, Florida
    08-09-2000 West Palm Beach, Florida
    05-21-2010 New York, New York
    05-20-2010 New York, New York
    10-19-2013 Brooklyn, NY
    10-18-2013 Brooklyn, NY
    09-26-2015 New York, New York
    04-08-2016 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    04-09-2016 Miami, Florida
    04-29-2016 Philly, PA
    05-01-2016 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
    05-02-2016 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Yes all corporations are bad, let's ban all of them and shame anyone that has any dealings with them whatsoever. In fact we should all quit: our jobs, buying supermarket food, driving cars, going on the internet, using phones, etc, etc, etc.
  • Options
    ckravitz said:

Yes all corporations are bad, let's ban all of them and shame anyone that has any dealings with them whatsoever. In fact we should all quit: our jobs, buying supermarket food, driving cars, going on the internet, using phones, etc, etc, etc.

That's not at all what I said, but whatever. I work for a corporation, I have nothing against corporations! I do think that this band had shunned sponsorship, and that has been a part of their message. I also think that this is a sponsorship deal. Maybe they are using the revenue towards Flint, that would be awesome! I just think that it's out of character, and should be disclosed.

Also, airbnb as a company has been trying not to pay taxes, and once they did start paying them, they flaunted it in the faces of San Francisco residents as if they were funding all the public services of the city. Very offensive. Not the kind of company I'd think the band would endorse. But again, the band can do whatever they want...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    pjalli said:

ckravitz said:

That's not at all what I said, but whatever. I work for a corporation, I have nothing against corporations! I do think that this band had shunned sponsorship, and that has been a part of their message. I also think that this is a sponsorship deal. Maybe they are using the revenue towards Flint, that would be awesome! I just think that it's out of character, and should be disclosed.

Also, airbnb as a company has been trying not to pay taxes, and once they did start paying them, they flaunted it in the faces of San Francisco residents as if they were funding all the public services of the city. Very offensive. Not the kind of company I'd think the band would endorse. But again, the band can do whatever they want...
    im really try to understand your thinking here but i cant..so,im from greece,the band makes a deal with airbnb for me to get cheaper accomontation,and its wrong cos airbnb doesnt pay taxes and treat peoiple of san francisco bad?
    actually u shouldnt pay taxes too,cos that money used for usa start wars worldwide!!
    as u understand you over thinking this,,which is a good thing for the fans
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetrios said:

• Options
    Ha, let's definitely not get into a dicussion of taxes rights now! I think I'm older and more cynical than you, but that's ok. We have the most important thing in common...our love of pj :)
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

Lol none of us know D.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    not sure if said....but anyone that uses or has already used airbnb can refer other potential users and give and get $20 off. In case we want to help each other, i doubt eddie and the fellas are looking for $40 per night studio apartments in raleigh lol. pm me for more info. Ive used airbnb over 10 times in big cities and large events.
    2006 Cincinnati
    2014 Cincinnati Memphis
    2016 Tampa Jacksonville Greenville Lexington Chicago N1 Chicago N2
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited February 2016
    ckravitz said:

^^^agreed

Some people think this band hasn't evolved since their anti-everything stance back in the 90's...they have families now and are making grown up business decisions...just like I have this band has changed in its views and perceptions over the years...I have no problems with them making corporate dealings...they seem to be enjoying it all more now and that's a good thing..it was rough when Ed was the introvert and pulled the reigns back for so long

"All the Rage" when you're in your 50's seems awfully petty

• Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

demetrios said:

demetrios said:

Lol none of us know D.
    D'oh! Just wondering cause I haven't booked any hotels yet.
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    IMO it's regretable that PJ would get involved with airbnb.
  • Options
    Used for toronto. Thank you Pearl Jam for saving me money. Anyone who criticizes this is a moron.
  • Options
    it works only for new members, so have to register with other email and CC
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    just new email...not new credit card and can invite each other which saves both parties $20
    2006 Cincinnati
    2014 Cincinnati Memphis
    2016 Tampa Jacksonville Greenville Lexington Chicago N1 Chicago N2
  • Options

That's silly. A lot of organizations organizing public events, often partner up with businesses with discounts to make life easier for customers. Heck, I would have welcomed a 10% discount code for the Marriott that I'm staying at. Stop being a SJW stick in the mud.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2016
    pjalli said:

This Note's For You...sigh.

ouch!

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

actually u shouldnt pay taxes too,cos that money used for usa start wars worldwide!!

there is definitely some truth to that...

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

That's silly. A lot of organizations organizing public events, often partner up with businesses with discounts to make life easier for customers. Heck, I would have welcomed a 10% discount code for the Marriott that I'm staying at. Stop being a SJW stick in the mud.
    Ya, and pj has done things like this in the past. This isn't me accusing pj of selling out or anything.... I just don't like the way Airbnb has handled several things - from the aforementioned tax issues, to the recent revelations that Airbnb are allowing people to rent stolen settlement properties in Palestine, listing the property as in Israel, and taking a cut of the profits. Can't say if pj were aware of this as the story only broke over the last couple weeks and they likely discussed this well before that...I give them the benefit of doubt for sure...its unfortunate either way.
  • Options
    If anyone needs an invite let me know and I will send and you will get $20
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I want the room with a view in an illegal settlement
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,457
    I prefer they do this rather than raise ticket prices. Seems rather fan friendly.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Yea so I've just tried to use this and it won't work. It seems to only be for people who've never used Airbnb before and only for the dates that it auto-fills when you select the show you're attending.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
This discussion has been closed.