Options

PHILLY 2016 ROLL CALL

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023
    My friend would LOVE to be there for night 2. Just need a ticket.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    Hey! Only a few weeks until you people will visit the Delaware Valley.....Home of YOUR National Champion, Villanova Wildcats.

hahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I just realize the shows are during Spring break, that means I can bring my family over and spend a couple of days in Philly before getting back to NYC.

Problem is... I waiting too long and hotel prices are through the roof. Same with Airbnb. Any ideas?

Thx
    Severed Hand
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,811

I just realize the shows are during Spring break, that means I can bring my family over and spend a couple of days in Philly before getting back to NYC.

Problem is... I waiting too long and hotel prices are through the roof. Same with Airbnb. Any ideas?

Thx

You can always try the 'burbs - either across the river in South Jersey or Delaware/Montgomery County? Just a thought. Even the hotels down there in the Navy Yard have jacked up?
  • Options
    Thank you all.

We stayed at the Radisson Warwick in '09 for the Spectrum shows and again in '13.

We have a 2 month old now, things are different (financially speaking). Back then I think we paid less than $150 per night (Spectrum was $129 iirc, 10c special).

At this point I can't justify spending $500+ for two nights. The alternative would be to stay a little outside of the downtown area but with a newborn that's calling for a disaster...

I'll just commute from NYC and introduce little Liam to cheesesteaks at some other time.

Thanks again for all the input.
    Severed Hand
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I'm looking for a job. I send resumes, of course, but I also write down what I want from my new job on a daily basis. It's a great way to get into a great mood because this wonderful job experience is already in my head. Usually, I write about the responsibilities, the commaraderie of my colleagues, and about what type of future I can have with it. Today I started to write about my future job and then I realized I was writing about the type of luggage I planned to bring with me to Philadelphia for the shows.

The next 22 days may be a challenge.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    lol.the force is strong in you young jedi!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Ms. Haiku said:

I'm looking for a job. I send resumes, of course, but I also write down what I want from my new job on a daily basis. It's a great way to get into a great mood because this wonderful job experience is already in my head. Usually, I write about the responsibilities, the commaraderie of my colleagues, and about what type of future I can have with it. Today I started to write about my future job and then I realized I was writing about the type of luggage I planned to bring with me to Philadelphia for the shows.

The next 22 days may be a challenge.

:rock_on:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Part of me wants to take a day away to Philadelphia and scope the place out and get my picture next to Rocky out of the way. The other part of me tells me to look for a job. Boo. 20 more days.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Part of me wants to take a day away to Philadelphia and scope the place out and get my picture next to Rocky out of the way. The other part of me tells me to look for a job. Boo. 20 more days.

You could plan some interviews in Philadelphia around PJ!
  • Options

You could plan some interviews in Philadelphia around PJ!

Or I could go round trip on a Saturday. (Yay!) I checked the Amtrack prices and they aren't that bad. Maybe a little trip on the 23rd - Rocky, me, coffee, the good life.

Actually, the Phillies are playing an afternoon game vs the Nationals on the 17th. That would be win-win on so many levels. And, I'll be more familiar with the area when I come back for the three days near the shows. This is most likely just dreaming, but it's fun anyway.
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    anyone with an extra 10c ticket to night 2? if so, i'm interested!
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

rmwatson said:

Pre-show tailgating at Wells Fargo is the best, and rivals any big sporting event that you would go to.

F'ing awesome. We're gonna bring it this tour, boys and girls. Two days of tailgating and boozing in the lot.... anyone up for pong? Cuz we're bringing a table, and taking all comers. Consider the invite out for a friendly game. Four 30 something face to face fans ready to rock. Man, I'm just getting warmed up.
    count blenderman and his daughter in for tailgating,beer pong and a little of phila's finest green!!!!!!!!!
    feel free to join us for the finest green around, i'll pm you my #...
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Philly is gonna b great but i have to say, lauderdale is lovely right now, 85 low humidity and this beach is beautiful, as are the fine ladies of fla.
  • Options
    rob1235rob1235 MA Posts: 89
    I am flying in Thursday morning we were lucky enough to get 10C for night 2 but still looking for a pair for night 1. Thanks!
    Mansfield 8/8/92, Worcester 1 2013, Hartford 2013, Philly 1 & 2 2016, Fenway night 1 & 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2018, Fenway 1 & 2 2018, Austin 1 & 2 2023
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    rssesq said:

Philly is gonna b great but i have to say, lauderdale is lovely right now, 85 low humidity and this beach is beautiful, as are the fine ladies of fla.

Im jealous!!!! Have a great time kicking off the tour! See you all in Philly
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    lizabelle1217lizabelle1217 Central Jersey Posts: 222
    Have you guys seen what the band signed posters are for the Wishlist preparties?
    Check 'em out here!
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439

Have you guys seen what the band signed posters are for the Wishlist preparties?
    Check 'em out here!

That is so awesome! Wish I could afford one!
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    Is near Comcast Center a good place?
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    Ms. Haiku said:

good for what? the area is safe, lot's of places to eat and 10 min from wells fargo center. so yes
  • Options

Ms. Haiku said:

good for what? the area is safe, lot's of places to eat and 10 min from wells fargo center. so yes
    Thank you, blenderman69. I was thinking about safety and food, and it looks like it is near the rail system. This will be my first AirBnb try. Here I go.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,811
    Airbnb near Comcast Center? Good for you - can't get anymore center of the city than this. Enjoy it.
  • Options
    Whose got 2 extra GA Pit tickets for night 2? I've seen Peej a whole bunch of times, but haven't had the pleasure of doing so from the pit. I entered the lottery early and everything, but got boned!!! Who can help a brother and his wonderful girlfriend out? I'll pay good money/supply party favors!!! PLEASE!!

In the words of Ringo Starr, PEACE AND LOVE!!!
    2008 - Camden 1
    2009 - Philly 4
    2012 - MIA, Philly (21st B-day, PJ Twitter contest winner!!!)
    2013 - Philly 1,2. Baltimore
    2016 - Philly 1 (Club box), 2 (GA, Thanks to bbison)

"I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023
    Any extra 10club single tickets for night 2? If you do let me know. Thanks!
  • Options
    J4MyTreeJ4MyTree Pittsburgh Posts: 15
    I'm also looking for 2 night 2 tickets for Philly. Thank you!
    09-28-05 PNC Park
    06-23-06 Mellon Arena
    10-11-13 Consol Energy Center
    10-12-13 First Niagra Center
    10-16-14 Joe Louis Arena
    04-28-16 Wells Fargo Center
    04-29-16 Wells Fargo Center "Tenadelphia"
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I was watching parking wars this morning. I'm so ready for SOUF PHILLY!
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,307
    wwsuicide said:

Still have an extra GA for night one. Looking to trade for a GA for night 2

• Options
    I'm staying at one of the airport hotels and seeing both night #1 and #2. Any advice for getting to/from Wells Fargo Center?
  • Options
    I.CAN.NOT.WAIT!
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571

I'm staying at one of the airport hotels and seeing both night #1 and #2. Any advice for getting to/from Wells Fargo Center?

Uber