• Options
    Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 647
    ekim997 said:

Who I Am said:

ekim997 said:

Who I Am said:

ekim997 said:

Who I Am said:

Anyone plan on hitting up PJ Whelihan's inside Wells Fargo before the doors open?

If you do go there, avoid the Copper Lager (PJ Whelihan's beer) its always watered down at wells fargo. On a side note, I'm pretty sure I can see myself in your picture...philly 10-21-13?
    Are you the guy on the far right, long hair?
    So I think my buddy is the one with the cell phone right in the middle, I think I'm behind the guy to the right of him. Bright red shirt with Homer Simpson on it but you can't see that in the pic. Eddie poured wine in my mouth at one point...still haven't found that video though haha
    I remember you from night one. You were hammered on that rail!!
    Yup that was me haha. Hoping for a repeat on night 2 this year, stuck behind the stage night 1
    PM sent your way.
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    Philadelphia is home to the liberty bell. You tourists should go check it out.

And, a somewhat hidden treasure that not many people know about---there is also a statue of our greatest athlete, Rocky Balboa, in front of the Art Museum. You people should go and have your picture taken in front of it after running up and down the steps.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,778
    edited March 2016

Philadelphia is home to the liberty bell. You tourists should go check it out.

And, a somewhat hidden treasure that not many people know about---there is also a statue of our greatest athlete, Rocky Balboa, in front of the Art Museum. You people should go and have your picture taken in front of it after running up and down the steps.

And don't forget Ben Franklin - he flew a kite, and was an orgy guy.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,426

Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant for Saturday night? On the romantic side would be preferred - I owe my wife for going to B2B shows with me on Thursday & Friday.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

How nice (expensive), and where about in the city are you staying?

I'd say a BYO, since Philly is king of them - but you'd probably want to look up any of these restaurants (off the top of my head) on OpenTable now to land a res for 4 weeks from now: Laurel (probably totally booked by now), Will, Noord, Townsend (not BYO), Fond (only BYO on certain nights), Pumpkin, Mercato, Little Fish, Zahav (not BYO), Giorgio on Pine, Bibou, All solid choices, and should be nice enough.
    We're staying on Intrepid Ave, on the other side of the highway from the Sports Complex.

I will be driving, so location isn't a major problem as long as it's in Philly (although I would prefer not head into any sketchy neighborhoods considering I'm not familiar with the area).

The wife doesn't drink much, and I'll probably have had my fill at the two shows, so the whole BYO issue isn't really an issue at all.

As far as how nice, I wouldn't want to spend any more than $30 / entrée....... nice, but not Capital Grill nice, you know?

If you know of any nice Italian restaurants / steak houses off the top of your head, the help is much appreciated.

Thanks for the other suggestions, I will look into them.
    Hmm, other side of the highway? Are you staying down at the Navy Yard?

South Philly and Italian is pretty synonymous - good choices off the top of my head... Ristorante Pesto, Mr. Martino's Trattoria, Gennaro's (awesome pizza, too). Dante & Luigi's, Ralph's, Brigantessa.
    Yes, we're staying at the Fairfield Inn Navy yard.

Thanks for the tips, I'll look some of these up online & see what works.

Much appreciated!
    I've been to this place and i really like it. Plus, it's really close to The Center too.

http://www.crinitirestaurant.com/
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant for Saturday night? On the romantic side would be preferred - I owe my wife for going to B2B shows with me on Thursday & Friday.

http://langolo-restaurant.com/ really nice BYOB
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    There's this place called Applebee's in Center City that's juuust fantastic.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I've been looking into the bike share for getting around, but it looks like there are no stations/docks at the megasportscomplex. Does anyone know if they add docks as it gets warmer? Were there stations at the megasportscomplex last year?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    dankind Everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 7,065

8:01AM Flag

Does anyone know if they add dicks as it gets warmer?

It's Philly dude. There are always dicks, even in the winter. Besides, I thought Empty was giving mustache rides wherever you want to go. You might want to reserve your spot. I heard Wob is filling his schedule.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    dankind said:

I've been looking into the bike share for getting around, but it looks like there are no stations/docks at the megasportscomplex. Does anyone know if they add docks as it gets warmer? Were there stations at the megasportscomplex last year?

No, but I know they plan on adding more stations this season - I just don't think they'll be that far south for a while. I know they want to add them near parks, too, so maybe FDR (across the street from the venue) does get one this season?

It's a pretty great program, though. As of now, I think the southern-most point is 11th and Wharton - could always bike to there then take the subway I guess. Or just take the subway.

Don't know if you've biked in this city before, but FYI people sharing the road with you in cars are huge assholes. Also, stay off of Broad Street - take 13th to go north and 15th to go south.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    edited March 2016

How nice (expensive), and where about in the city are you staying?

I'd say a BYO, since Philly is king of them - but you'd probably want to look up any of these restaurants (off the top of my head) on OpenTable now to land a res for 4 weeks from now: Laurel (probably totally booked by now), Will, Noord, Townsend (not BYO), Fond (only BYO on certain nights), Pumpkin, Mercato, Little Fish, Zahav (not BYO), Giorgio on Pine, Bibou, All solid choices, and should be nice enough.
    We're staying on Intrepid Ave, on the other side of the highway from the Sports Complex.

I will be driving, so location isn't a major problem as long as it's in Philly (although I would prefer not head into any sketchy neighborhoods considering I'm not familiar with the area).

The wife doesn't drink much, and I'll probably have had my fill at the two shows, so the whole BYO issue isn't really an issue at all.

As far as how nice, I wouldn't want to spend any more than $30 / entrée....... nice, but not Capital Grill nice, you know?

If you know of any nice Italian restaurants / steak houses off the top of your head, the help is much appreciated.

Thanks for the other suggestions, I will look into them.
    Hmm, other side of the highway? Are you staying down at the Navy Yard?

South Philly and Italian is pretty synonymous - good choices off the top of my head... Ristorante Pesto, Mr. Martino's Trattoria, Gennaro's (awesome pizza, too). Dante & Luigi's, Ralph's, Brigantessa.
    Yes, we're staying at the Fairfield Inn Navy yard.

Thanks for the tips, I'll look some of these up online & see what works.

Much appreciated!
    This is now right in the Navy Yard. I'd get out of that area, but in case you wanted to go around where you're staying, this is a good option.

http://lo-spiedo.com/

Edit: and if you are looking for a steakhouse type place. this spot isn't too shabby and is in a cool spot.

http://www.malbecsteakhouse.com
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    4 weeks :joy:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options

dankind said:

No, but I know they plan on adding more stations this season - I just don't think they'll be that far south for a while. I know they want to add them near parks, too, so maybe FDR (across the street from the venue) does get one this season?

It's a pretty great program, though. As of now, I think the southern-most point is 11th and Wharton - could always bike to there then take the subway I guess. Or just take the subway.

Don't know if you've biked in this city before, but FYI people sharing the road with you in cars are huge assholes. Also, stay off of Broad Street - take 13th to go north and 15th to go south.
    Thanks, I guess I'll keep checking the Indego site for updates.

Oh, and after bike commuting in NYC for nearly 10 years, which is just an awesome city for urban cyclists, I now bike in Boston, and there are few worse drivers out there than a Masshole. I only share the road for about five blocks in Boston, but I get yelled and honked at that whole short time. And I nearly run out of revenge loogies by the end of it.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

dankind Everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 7,065

8:01AM Flag

Does anyone know if they add dicks as it gets warmer?

It's Philly dude. There are always dicks, even in the winter. Besides, I thought Empty was giving mustache rides wherever you want to go. You might want to reserve your spot. I heard Wob is filling his schedule.

Somebody get this asshole his Ritalin.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,438
    Just got the 10c confirmation email....
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,488
    Thanks for all the suggestions folks, the help is much appreciated.

See you all in 3+ Weeks!!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,828
    If anyone has a spare Philly night 2 GA or reserved 10club ticket please let me know.
    It's for a friend. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    rssesq said:
    Reading Terminal Market is a must visit for hungry travelers staying in center city
  • Options
    What is the best route to take to buy tickets to the Phillies game on Saturday. Need something to do before heading to NYC sunday. Big fan of baseball and I love to go to stadiums ive never been to before.
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,844

What is the best route to take to buy tickets to the Phillies game on Saturday. Need something to do before heading to NYC sunday. Big fan of baseball and I love to go to stadiums ive never been to before.

Cheap tix on stubhub

That's how I always buy for baseball
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    last time I got two ticks was from a scalper for like $10 each (less than face). Check the box office price, and then get it for less than half after the first pitch
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    It is one of the most unreal places for fatties like me. lol
    and the prez too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95ZlSMmbrVU
    my2hands said:

rssesq said:
    Reading Terminal Market is a must visit for hungry travelers staying in center city
  • Options
    rssesq said:

last time I got two ticks was from a scalper for like $10 each (less than face). Check the box office price, and then get it for less than half after the first pitch

Yeah, I saw that they are still available on the phillies website, but they want $70/ea for an infield seat. Not knowing how many people show up to the games, sometimes buying a nose bleed and sit closer because the infield seats are open. At least thats what I use to do for blackhawks games in the early 2000s
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104

rmwatson said:

Pre-show tailgating at Wells Fargo is the best, and rivals any big sporting event that you would go to.

F'ing awesome. We're gonna bring it this tour, boys and girls. Two days of tailgating and boozing in the lot.... anyone up for pong? Cuz we're bringing a table, and taking all comers. Consider the invite out for a friendly game. Four 30 something face to face fans ready to rock. Man, I'm just getting warmed up.
    count blenderman and his daughter in for tailgating,beer pong and a little of phila's finest green!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Just walk up and get them at the ticket window. This team blows so it's not like there's a demand for them. The Bank is a great place.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,488

Just walk up and get them at the ticket window. This team blows so it's not like there's a demand for them. The Bank is a great place.
    I've been to 9 or 10 ballparks, and Citizen Bank is my favorite by far.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195

if you want a great view of the city try to get tickets in the 200 or 300 level right behind home plate. the views are pretty great there. either way make sure you walk around and see all parts of the stadium. Ashburn Alley is pretty cool to walk around especially before the game. Head to Bull's BBQ for some good pre-game food. One of the best aspects of the park is the concourse's are open so you can see a good part of the field as you walk around. enjoy it.
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,303
    wwsuicide said:

Still have an extra GA for night one. Looking to trade for a GA for night 2

Still searching for the trade.
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    any extra 10c tix for night 2 out there? in need of one.. thanks
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam