Options

PHILLY 2016 ROLL CALL

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,804
    Ms. Haiku said:

Isn't there a pizza museum in Philly - in a restaurant?

No idea - if you want pizza go with any of these: Beddia, Pizzeria Vetri, Lorenzo's for gigantic slices (and/or a South Street Taco), Gennaro's on Passyunk, Brigantessa, Marra's, Stogie Joe's, annnnnd either Cacia's/New York Bakery/Villari Bros. for tomato pie. I can go on and on.

Reading Terminal is a good time and all to do the tourist thing, but I hate crowds and lines. Wander about the city, soak it in, eat the food, and talk to the rando's at the bar. You may end up meeting the nicest buncha assholes.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Has anyone received their print at home tickets from the Wells Fargo center yet?

No and I have a deal to sell one. What the hell is taking so long?
    It's not like TM at all. I called them about some Adele tix I bought over a month ago to be mailed and they said they won't be mailed until they're printed. They have no idea when that would be. Comcast Tix is pretty awful.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The pizza museum is at Pizza Brain on Frankford Ave. in Fishtown.
  • Options
    I've got fan club tickets to 4/28 and I have a solo ticket, lower behind in the stage for 4/29. I live about 10 minutes from the Wells Fargo Center.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    JK_Livin said:

Has anyone received their print at home tickets from the Wells Fargo center yet?

It's not like TM at all. I called them about some Adele tix I bought over a month ago to be mailed and they said they won't be mailed until they're printed. They have no idea when that would be. Comcast Tix is pretty awful.
    That's crazy. I'd like to get my buyer the ticket ASAP.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
    There is a fun bar named the tattooed mom about 20 min away (by car), with record and comic shops near by as well.
  • Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    NOW It's official, BOTH shows for me, THANKS Sandy from Tasmania!
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253

The pizza museum is at Pizza Brain on Frankford Ave. in Fishtown.

Thank you, YetAnotherFiasco. It's near La Colombe coffee (?) - wonderful!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    In Washington DC there are a couple areas where people go for a "city" snowball fight - Logan Circle, Dupont Circle - places where they can find big city circular parks. Those areas are the places that have good food and are pretty interesting sections of the town. Also, they have residential architecture that reflects some of the best that Washington DC has to offer.

Where would Philly residents go to for a "city" snowball fight?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,065
    duffmann said:

YAY! Is it end of April Yet?

can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475

duffmann said:

YAY! Is it end of April Yet?

Tricia will it EVER get here?!?! Just MSG 2 left to cop then it's time for a NAP! I'm up for a group pic....just post the deets & I'll be there!
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

In Washington DC there are a couple areas where people go for a "city" snowball fight - Logan Circle, Dupont Circle - places where they can find big city circular parks. Those areas are the places that have good food and are pretty interesting sections of the town. Also, they have residential architecture that reflects some of the best that Washington DC has to offer.

City was built on these - Rittenhouse Square, Washington Square, Headhouse Square, Logan Square, Franklin Square; all cool places, all over the place, but walkable if you're ambitious to get to all of them.

Thing is Philly is a city of neighborhoods so it can get more complex than that. Neighborhoods worth checking out - and I'm bias - are Graduate Hospital, East Passyunk, Society Hill/Queen Village, Pennsport: pretty much most of South Philadelphia.

If you're into BYOs then it doesn't get any better than here.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,345
    For anyone interested NOFX is playing Philly April 27. So if you're already in town go check out another great band.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options

I'm in the same boat as you. I just called and he said they're auditing the tickets? Whatever that means. He said hopefully this week or next. I need them now!!
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891

I'm in the same boat as you. I just called and he said they're auditing the tickets? Whatever that means. He said hopefully this week or next. I need them now!!
    Thanks for the info!!!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

The Clark Park dog bowl in West Philly would be one place.
  • Options
    Termini Brothers Bakery is the home of the cannoli OMG!
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    Also for after the show and not far from the arena, center city pretzels, place opens right at midnight and the fresh pretzels are really good.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Ms. Haiku said:

Good stuff
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,307
    wwsuicide said:

I have an extra GA for Philly 1. Looking to trade for GA night 2 only. Thanks

• Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    Ms. Haiku said:

anywhere you want. just throw a snowball at someone you don't know....and "wallaw" a snowball fight. lol.
  • Options

Ms. Haiku said:

anywhere you want. just throw a snowball at someone you don't know....and "wallaw" a snowball fight. lol.
    ...I'm thinking ya might get a little bit of different reaction in Philly.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Yeah, sounds like ya want South Philly eats - hit up Termini's on 8th street for cannolis, and get your cheesesteak at Cosmi's then. Boom.

OH. Then ya got the donoli down at Frangelli's Bakery at 8th & Ritner - a donut/cannoli hybrid, hoooollllyyyy shit. Damnit I want this all right now.
  • Options

Ms. Haiku said:

Yeah, sounds like ya want South Philly eats - hit up Termini's on 8th street for cannolis, and get your cheesesteak at Cosmi's then. Boom.

OH. Then ya got the donoli down at Frangelli's Bakery at 8th & Ritner - a donut/cannoli hybrid, hoooollllyyyy shit. Damnit I want this all right now.

My GF lives 2 blocks from this area. All correct. Although if you want an after hours Steak, Cosmis closes at 9ish.
  • Options

Ms. Haiku said:

My GF lives 2 blocks from this area. All correct. Although if you want an after hours Steak, Cosmis closes at 9ish.
    My Hood as well, but I'm more near 13th & Jackson.

Ha, and I just stumbled upon this on Twitter - http://www.uwishunu.com/2016/01/six-places-to-find-awesome-donuts-in-philly/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=UwishunuTwitter&utm_content=Social

Forgot about the ice cream donut! image
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    night 1 reserved 248xxx
    night 2 reserved 165xxx
  • Options
    For anyone wondering about print-at-home tix, just got this email:

"Pearl Jam print-at-home tickets orders are currently scheduled to go out this Friday, 2/5/16.

Wells Fargo Center Customer Service
    WFC-CustomerService@comcastspectacor.com"

So there ya go.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    In for both nights.
  • Options
    Philly locals, we're looking at staying in Passyunk, appears to be just a few subway stops from the arena. Good idea/decent area?
    Thanks in advance for any input!
  • Options
    cindbri said:

Philly locals, we're looking at staying in Passyunk, appears to be just a few subway stops from the arena. Good idea/decent area?
    Thanks in advance for any input!

It's a great Philly Neighboorhood. Tons of places to eat/shop and drink