Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,799
    l
    yellowboy said:

I put in Toronto reserved 1st
    Greenville GA 2nd
    Greenville reserve 3rd

I got Toronto reserved and Greenville reserve.
    My very first choice would have been Toronto GA except I figured with the odds and my seniority I wouldn't have a chance. So I sacrificed that and made my true second option my first. All I know is it worked and I am very grateful. I feel for everyone of you that didn't win something.

You played it the right way imo. So many people rolled the dice on the low percentage GA's which is fine but they then wasted there second pick on something that couldn't possibly make it out of the first round and if it barely did not many picks from the second priority would be considered.
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    Have they ever come out and stated how many GA tickets are available per show? I'm assuming it's the same for every gig, other than maybe the stadiums? 1000 (so 500 winners)? There must be double or triple that for seat allocation for the odds to always be so much better?

These are just interesting things to me.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    For those that went to Wrigley in 2013, how good were the 10c reserve seats? Was there good visibility for both GA and reserve?
  • Options
    What the hell?!?!? Got my tix for Ft Lauderdale, and then I just for some reason decided to see what was out there before ticketmaster sells on Friday and see that all the other brokers got their tix already and are gouging like a mofo!
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 502
    JL123709 said:

For those that went to Wrigley in 2013, how good were the 10c reserve seats? Was there good visibility for both GA and reserve?

Most of the 10c was on the out field. GA section was much larger than the arena shows .
  • Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    no matter what the 10 Club does or doesn't do people will still find a way to complain.

my other suggestion is for people who only renew there membership for when there is a tour shouldn't be entilted to GA.

Thats unfair to the members who have been paying every year regardless if there's a tour or not.
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,286
    edited January 2016

sistir said:

I've been a fan club member for over 20 years and or put in for 8 shows but didn't win one. Luckily my brother won night 2 at MSG which I will be going. But sorry not to win at least one show is BS. In the past I've always won a show at least and to be shutout especially for how long I've been a member, not cool. I'll get my tickets through other channels but seriously to put in for 8 and be shutout, cmon man? I saw someone who put in for 14 and get squat. They need to do a better job.

For each show, they randomly draw names from all the people that made that show their first choice. If there are still tickets left, they draw names from all the people that made it their second choice. I am guessing that with such low odds on the NY and Philly shows that the only way to win one of those was for it to be your first choice. If your first 8 choices were all the Philly and NY, your only real chance was winning your first choice. Then for choices 9-n, the only chance you have is when everyone else with choices 1-8 has already gotten their ticket. Maybe it isn't 10C that needs to do a better job, but rather you need to do a better job at selecting which shows you want to see.
    Well said! If you put NY,BOS,PHIL as anything lower than 1 or 2 you were wasting your time. You might as well left them blank put a lesser demand show at 3 or lower.
  • Options
    It's almost impossible to see this band in a major city, I mean ya can't even get 1 snow thru a fan club you've been i for years in your home town, now have to fend with ticket master to get awful seats if can even get that, then what ? Hundred on stub Hub. We had a great run pearl jam. 30 + shows over 20 years. All good things have to end
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options

It's almost impossible to see this band in a major city, I mean ya can't even get 1 snow thru a fan club you've been i for years in your home town, now have to fend with ticket master to get awful seats if can even get that, then what ? Hundred on stub Hub. We had a great run pearl jam. 30 + shows over 20 years. All good things have to end

I feel for you.. I got shut out of my hometown show in Seattle last tour. I'm surprised they haven't figured a way to draw from the hometown entries first based on the credit card zip codes. And then draw from everyone else
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,799
    mr bungle said:

I feel for you.. I got shut out of my hometown show in Seattle last tour. I'm surprised they haven't figured a way to draw from the hometown entries first based on the credit card zip codes. And then draw from everyone else
    And what would happen to those that are at least 700km's away from the closest venue? We get the scraps?
  • Options
    MB93672MB93672 Posts: 255
    edited January 2016
    mr bungle said:

My billing address zip code is different than my physical address zip code so I'd be fucked. Haha.
    Post edited by MB93672 on
  • Options

For each show, they randomly draw names from all the people that made that show their first choice. If there are still tickets left, they draw names from all the people that made it their second choice. I am guessing that with such low odds on the NY and Philly shows that the only way to win one of those was for it to be your first choice. If your first 8 choices were all the Philly and NY, your only real chance was winning your first choice. Then for choices 9-n, the only chance you have is when everyone else with choices 1-8 has already gotten their ticket. Maybe it isn't 10C that needs to do a better job, but rather you need to do a better job at selecting which shows you want to see.

That means the odds that are displayed are for first choices only.

Where did you see that this was the selection process? I don't think that's how it works. I have nothing to base that opinion on, except that they mentioned that people had odds based on how many people entered the drawing for each show, and the only restriction was philly Boston and ny you could only win one. It made no mention of 1st or 2nd 3rd choices being weighted differently. I believe the rankings were for the big 3 only, or perhaps whether you got ga or reserved for what ever show you got drawn for. Seems to me they would pick from the pool of names for each show, and then look at the ranking you gave it to see if they put you in GA or reserved. Example: pull a name for xxx show, look to see if you would prefer ga or reserved and that's what you get. Continue on drawing names from that shows pool of entrants until ga fills up, and assuming that reserved is also somewhere on their list, everyone else drawn gets reserved until it is filled. That's what makes sense to me anyway, not the weighted rankings theory.
    Camden, New Jersey 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/5/03, 4/6/03, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 9/14/22
    Columbia, Maryland 9/18/98, 9/4/00
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 4/28/03, 10/3/05, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 9/2/12, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Hershey, Pennsylvania 4/12/03
    Reading, Pennsylvania 10/1/04
    Atlantic City, New Jersey 9/30/05, 10/1/05
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 6/23/06
    Washington, D.C. 6/22/08
    Baltimore, MD 10/27/13
    32nd Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony 4/7/17

• Options
    DeegzDeegz Posts: 64
    I know some ppl are upset they didn't get the tickets they were hoping for but it is all about luck. The opportunity to go to a show isn't over, you just gotta try though the pre sales and TM. Good luck everyone!!

I'm thankful 10C is around though :D
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,554
    edited January 2016
    andyv371 said:

What the hell?!?!? Got my tix for Ft Lauderdale, and then I just for some reason decided to see what was out there before ticketmaster sells on Friday and see that all the other brokers got their tix already and are gouging like a mofo!

They don't have tickets yet.
    They do this for every major show
    It's just speculative listings.
    Take a deep breath

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0TS06W20151209
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    Could somebody let me the know the best way to get seats in the general sale? I would really appreciate it. I would like seated tickets at MSG2...no luck on the lottery for this venue...so is Ticketmaster the only/best option? Is it best to be online hitting purchase right when they go on sale? I thought I saw someone mention a presale on Thursday, and then you have all these craigslist outfits that say they have tickets, etc etc. I'm not looking for the cheapest tickets, just reliable and the best seats I can get. Any advice would be appreciated. Best luck to everyone in their travels this year.
  • Options
    edkahler said:

Where did you see that this was the selection process? I don't think that's how it works. I have nothing to base that opinion on, except that they mentioned that people had odds based on how many people entered the drawing for each show, and the only restriction was philly Boston and ny you could only win one. It made no mention of 1st or 2nd 3rd choices being weighted differently. I believe the rankings were for the big 3 only, or perhaps whether you got ga or reserved for what ever show you got drawn for. Seems to me they would pick from the pool of names for each show, and then look at the ranking you gave it to see if they put you in GA or reserved. Example: pull a name for xxx show, look to see if you would prefer ga or reserved and that's what you get. Continue on drawing names from that shows pool of entrants until ga fills up, and assuming that reserved is also somewhere on their list, everyone else drawn gets reserved until it is filled. That's what makes sense to me anyway, not the weighted rankings theory.

Your first choice has the best chance for winning a ticket, because the lottery for each location/seating preference is first only run for everyone who listed the event as their 1st choice. If there are tickets left over, then they will rerun the lottery for everyone who listed it as a second choice, then 3rd choice, etc... Until all the tickets are gone. It is clearly stated in the Ticket FAQ's on the website. You can take this advice or keep making the same mistake.

• Options

For the stadium shows, once the 10c is offering tickets, do you think you'd have better odds requesting GA or reserved?

For wrigley in 2013 your odds were way WAY better for reserved. That's why I didn't even bother putting in for GA. Yes I won reserved seats. I always play the odds. Some people only put in for GA as their top few choices and then complain when they don't win. It's basic economics. Supply and demand. That's why the percent chances are made available to us. To help us make our choices. Yet people still ignore it or they don't understand supply and demand. If they are willing to gamble then they shouldn't be shocked and angry when they lose. It's a lottery. So in other words don't make GA your #1 choice when the time comes. Good luck!
    How were your seats for Reserved at Wrigley?
    MK88178 said:

JL123709 said:

Most of the 10c was on the out field. GA section was much larger than the arena shows .
    GA much larger as in double?
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    Should we expect a handful of west coast dates in the fall?
  • Options
    Graepian0 said:

edkahler said:

Your first choice has the best chance for winning a ticket, because the lottery for each location/seating preference is first only run for everyone who listed the event as their 1st choice. If there are tickets left over, then they will rerun the lottery for everyone who listed it as a second choice, then 3rd choice, etc... Until all the tickets are gone. It is clearly stated in the Ticket FAQ's on the website. You can take this advice or keep making the same mistake.

I had skimmed the FAQ, but obviously missed that. I won my first choice, GA Philly1 so i wouldnt necessarily say i made any mistakes, obviously i got lucky and there were many not so fortunate. in light of this, it would be nice to know if the odds displayed are in fact only reflective of entries that were 1st choice, or if the odds are reflective of entries with any ranking. reduce to the ridiculous as an example, theoretically 50,000 people could rank GA to xxxx show as their number 2, and 50 could rank it as number 1. which would be very different, and result in a vastly different strategy, if say even just 5000 people ranked it as #1, and no one ranked it anywhere else. obviously this wouldn't likely happen, but by looking at these extreme examples, you can see how that information about the odds would be useful in the future.
    not to complain, because i do think the 10C treats their members more than fairly compared to what little i have heard about other fan clubs, it might be nice to incorporate some percentage, 50/50, 40/60, or whatever, of the tickets that are in fact doled out simply on seniority. I understand the need to include new members as an enticement to continually bring in new members, but think about the guy who has dedicated 25 years, or however long the 10C has been around, getting shut out and the guy that joined a few weeks ago scoring tickets. either that or just convince the band go back to the huge sprawling tours again with tons of shows so people could stay closer to home thus, lowering the demand on each show, but that would be wishful thinking, wouldn't it.
    Good luck to those who have to sweat out the public sale on friday. i will be right there with you for the 2nd Philly show. And if all else fails, dont give up on broker sites even the day of the show. I once scored front row to the Reading Vote for change tour, a couple hours before the show started for a very reasonable $200 for a pair. You never know.
    Camden, New Jersey 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/5/03, 4/6/03, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 9/14/22
    Columbia, Maryland 9/18/98, 9/4/00
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 4/28/03, 10/3/05, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 9/2/12, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Hershey, Pennsylvania 4/12/03
    Reading, Pennsylvania 10/1/04
    Atlantic City, New Jersey 9/30/05, 10/1/05
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 6/23/06
    Washington, D.C. 6/22/08
    Baltimore, MD 10/27/13
    32nd Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony 4/7/17

• Options
    sistirsistir NYC Posts: 14
    I will be at the 2 msg shows, the fenway Friday or sunday night show, the Wrigley Saturday night show, the Miami show and the Friday philly show.
    09/29/1996 New York City Randall’s Island
    09/08/1998 E. Rutherford, NJ Continental Arena
    09/10/1998 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
    09/11/1998 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
    08-25-2000 Wantagh, New York
    08-24-2000 Wantagh, New York
    08-23-2000 Wantagh, New York
    08-12-2000 Tampa, Florida
    08-10-2000 West Palm Beach, Florida
    08-09-2000 West Palm Beach, Florida
    05-21-2010 New York, New York
    05-20-2010 New York, New York
    10-19-2013 Brooklyn, NY
    10-18-2013 Brooklyn, NY
    09-26-2015 New York, New York
    04-08-2016 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    04-09-2016 Miami, Florida
    04-29-2016 Philly, PA
    05-01-2016 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
    05-02-2016 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
    08-05-2016 Fenway Park - Boston
    08-05-2016 Fenway Park - Boston
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    MK88178 said:

JL123709 said:

I was in aisle 108. Not a bad view but it wasn't close.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    PJNB said:

mr bungle said:

And what would happen to those that are at least 700km's away from the closest venue? We get the scraps?
    Yes.. or travel to a less demand show
  • Options
    MAMIASTMAMIAST Posts: 40
    Could somebody let me the know the best way to get seats in the general sale? I would really appreciate it. I would like seated tickets at MSG2...no luck on the lottery for this venue...so is Ticketmaster the only/best option? Is it best to be online hitting purchase right when they go on sale? I thought I saw someone mention a presale on Thursday, and then you have all these craigslist outfits that say they have tickets, etc etc. I'm not looking for the cheapest tickets, just reliable and the best seats I can get. Any advice would be appreciated. Best luck to everyone in their travels this year.
    Neillo189 said:

I would go to my local ticketmaster outlet an hour before they go on sale and wait, I've scored great seats, even GA doing this.
    Stub hub is pricey but you pick your section and row.
    Bought great seats on ebay for Hartford, off a fan from Ohio unable to make the show.
    Ticketmaster ticket drops early in the morning days before the show, as also worked.
  • Options
    New here, please be kind. I put in for Philly 1 & 2 and GA was my 2nd choice for both, yet I won GA for 1. My question is, how early can you come to claim your wrist band? Is there an early line for GA seating?
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    mypat623 said:

New here, please be kind. I put in for Philly 1 & 2 and GA was my 2nd choice for both, yet I won GA for 1. My question is, how early can you come to claim your wrist band? Is there an early line for GA seating?

Welcome! Congrats! People can line up in the GA line as early as the night before. However you don't get in line to get your tickets/wristbands until usually the afternoon day of the show. Just have you neighbors hold your place in line. Everyone needs to leave the GA line to get their tickets so you can all take turns. As long as you get them before the doors open you will be fine.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    mypat623 said:

Congrats on your win and welcome to the PJ Forum!!
    You will get an e-mail from 10 Club a few weeks before the tour starts with ticket pick-up information.
    They will tell you the times and locations for picking up your tickets & GA wristbands.
    Make sure you have your driver's license/ID with you when you go to the Will Call Windows.
    GA lines begin forming EARLY...in some cases even the night before the shows!!
    Hope you enjoy the show :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Thank you.. I have not "camped" out for seats since the 70's. I will have to find a youngin to go with me..
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Neillo189 said:

Yes, you need to press the button right at noon. If you miss out on the first round, keep trying. I find that if I'm willing to search for single seats rather than in pairs, I have better luck. And then keep trying back. Tickets do sometimes drop close to show but you've got to be on it. Also, stay close to the forum. You may be able to work some magic there. Good luck!
  • Options
    BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy San Diego Posts: 388
    mypat623 said:

Thank you.. I have not "camped" out for seats since the 70's. I will have to find a youngin to go with me..

Depends on the venue, but there will definitely be 50+ people camping overnight, especially if the weather is decent. If you show up around 2pm or 3pm you should be able to get a spot 4-8 rows back from the rail. If you arrive by 5pm or 6pm you're likely going to be around "rows" 15-20.

All of this is absolutely a guess based on previous GA experiences, but you get the idea...
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    Does the fan club member get any kind of priority in the general public sale?
    Thanks
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
This discussion has been closed.